North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Neymar on futsal, street football & tricks Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Neymar on futsal, street football & tricks

Go down

Neymar on futsal, street football & tricks Empty Neymar on futsal, street football & tricks

Post by cityfutsal 14/09/16, 12:16 pm

Neymar on futsal, street football & tricks
The Barcelona and Brazil forward talks about how small-sided games influenced his playing style.

Hi Neymar, how did street football shape the player you are today?
It definitely helped me to develop a fast game and that Brazilian smartness. I had a very happy childhood and I can still remember waking up every morning just wanting to play football – even though I knew I had to go to school. As soon as I arrived home I used to grab my football and go straight out and I’d play until late at night with my friends. Nothing else seemed to matter to me at that age.

Did your coaches encourage you to play football on the streets?
No, it was quite the opposite actually. My coaches were always scared I’d get injured and miss training or a game but it didn’t stop me!

Which coach has had the biggest influence on your career?
I’ve been lucky to play under so many great coaches who helped to improve my game in different ways but I’d say the one I have the most affection for is (Antonio Dos Santos) Lima. He was my coach when I was a teenager and he’s a guy who I had a real bond with.

What do you remember of your professional debut for Santos at 17? How did you feel, walking out to a crowd chanting your name?
I didn’t really know what to do! I didn’t know whether to smile, applaud the crowd, wave my hands in the air or just stay serious. It feels quite complicated when you’re that young but I ended up playing that first game and the rest is history.

You’re a very skilful player. How did you become the player you are today?
Futsal had a massive influence on me when I was growing up. It’s a very demanding game and it really helped to develop my technique, speed of thought, and ability to perform moves in tight spaces. I think futsal is a fundamental part of a footballer's life.

Why's that?
When you’re out there playing, you’re forced to think fast and move faster – if you lose a second, the ball will be gone. It’s a more dynamic game and it’s come in handy at Barcelona. When we play there’s not much space on the pitch so you need to react quickly on the field. There’s no doubt futsal has helped me a lot in my career, it’s one of the biggest passions in my life. I used to love playing it, but unfortunately I had to stop when I was 13 or 14 in order to grow up as a footballer.

What are your fondest memories of that time in your life?
I can remember being just seven-years-old when I won my first individual award, which was a pretty special feeling as a child. I was making my debut for a team called Portuguesa, another club from Santos city, and we finished third in a futsal tournament. I scored 23 goals.

Was it difficult to make the move from futsal to football?
Not really. I started playing football from the age of 11, so I combined football and futsal until I was 14. I remember there came a point where I couldn’t play both anymore and had to choose between the two and of course I chose football. It’s funny, I can still remember my dad watching all my futsal games and making comments about how I played even when I was so young. He was always there following everything I did.

Who is your futsal idol?
It has to be Falcao, without a doubt. He’s one of the athletes who inspires me the most. We have a very close relationship and he’s one of those people who walk into your life and you want to keep them. As a futsal player Falcao is the best of all time, he is outstanding. Besides being my friend, he's ace.

What advice would you give to a young street footballer who wants to become a professional footballer
It's hard to give advice to young players. You see a lot of youngsters who have potential but for various reasons they don't reach their goals. It’s quite sad when that happens but from my experience, if you have the same dream I had as a child then there are certain things you need to do. You must stay focused at all times and ignore any distractions. Also, make sure you always remain attached to your family - you must trust them. It’s important to keep your closest friends around you as well – that’s another big thing. On the pitch you must always give everything and train hard – if you do all of those things then you’ll give yourself a chance.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/neymar-futsal-street-football-tricks#UkK9lO1F0I63iUyh.99
cityfutsal
cityfutsal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://cityfutsal.com

Back to top Go down