North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
07 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Today at 06:44 pmU90C
ECRL - NTX Tryouts are OPEN in Lantana, Argyle, Flower MoundToday at 03:54 pmNTX Celtic FC
ECRL - NTX Tryouts are OPEN in Lantana, Argyle, Flower MoundToday at 03:49 pmNTX Celtic FC
05 Mid Fielder Open to Guest Playing OpportunitiesToday at 03:39 pmSoccerDad75070
Confused on new ECNL clubsToday at 11:28 amdtk9119
Tryouts for Manchester Red - Albion (Lake Highlands)Today at 11:16 amTiltmasterR
BVB International Academy - 08 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsToday at 07:56 amsoccerdynamics1
Solar South 10G-AdamesToday at 07:13 ambigballer07
09 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:43 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:42 pmU90C
11 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:41 pmU90C
05 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:40 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:39 pmU90C
11 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:37 pmU90C
BVB International - 03/04 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsYesterday at 02:22 pmsoccerdynamics1
BVB International Academy - 06 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsYesterday at 02:12 pmsoccerdynamics1
Solar West 08G ECNL-RL NTX Open PracticesYesterday at 01:37 pmsolar08glanier
Solar West 08G ECNL-RL NTX Open PracticesYesterday at 01:21 pmsolar08glanier
FRISCO FUSION 09G OPEN PRACTICE INFORMATIONYesterday at 11:46 amGazza
FRISCO FUSION 08G OPEN PRACTICE INFORMATIONYesterday at 11:40 amGazza
FRISCO FUSION 10G OPEN PRACTICE INFORMATION Yesterday at 11:27 amGazza
STING 09G BOYLE- (EULESS)Yesterday at 11:19 amCoachBoyle
BVB International Academy 05 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsYesterday at 09:57 amsoccerdynamics1
BVB International Academy - 09 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsYesterday at 09:34 amsoccerdynamics1
Sparta FC 08 Girls - LHGCL D2/NPL, 2021-202206/05/21, 11:31 pmspartafc08girls
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14819 registered users
The newest registered user is Luisa Velazquez Caez

Our users have posted a total of 201315 messages in 29841 subjects

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Post by Guest 10/10/16, 07:03 pm

Lmao

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Post by KeeperCommander 10/10/16, 07:03 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
majorpayne wrote:At king tut
How could a solid team get beat 6-0 and sit at 10 in standings.
When you say "it's a solid team", i get a good laugh.
+ if not for false advertising, it's a JDL team, they would have been a solid D2/D3 team. Don't know who is trying to fool who here.





skiberdad wrote:Who was number 1? You mean kicks JM? Kick Selecao was number one not JM. Kicks have two teams.
There is the Payne we have all come to be annoyed by. Don't mind them skiber, when Payne gets annoyed they babble along with incoherent sentences and do not make sense. Hard to follow sometimes. Soon they will be a colonel and not fool around with us peasant folk.
Not to be confused with Me, who we have all come to be annoyed by.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4479
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Post by KeeperCommander 11/10/16, 12:06 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Fever/Andro..  Fever played a great game.  Andro did not look like the Andro I have seen just far.  Andro has a good mix of talent (big and physical as well as speed and skilled players).  Not sure why they were off.  If they rebound this week then we know there is something there.  If not, I suspect they fade into DII
Does Andro play the same style play as Fever?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4479
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Post by Guest 11/10/16, 01:32 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Fever/Andro..  Fever played a great game.  Andro did not look like the Andro I have seen just far.  Andro has a good mix of talent (big and physical as well as speed and skilled players).  Not sure why they were off.  If they rebound this week then we know there is something there.  If not, I suspect they fade into DII
Does Andro play the same style play as Fever?

IMO, Andro/Solar Haylock has the same issue (but at a more pronounced level) as Fever. Fever Penn looks like it knows how to play possession and out of the back when it plays teams of similar or inferior athleticism. When they played at qualifying they wore teams out because their inferior opponents were chasing the ball all over the field. But, when they run up against superior athleticism, they are unable to play the same style in a calm, efficient way. They sort of revert to "chase all over the field"-style. You could say that about any team, but when you watch Selecao play DTS, for example, they still play possession soccer. They may lose (which they have) but they still play their style, just not as effectively because of DTS athleticism.

I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that Haylock plays a higher direct play to possession ratio than Fever Penn. What I mean is if Haylock plays direct 85% of the time, then Fever plays direct 40% of the time. (I'm just making those numbers up, but I think in relative sense, that's true.) But better soccer players with better skill and touch are able to play possession more effectively because they, well, possess the ball better.

So in the end, I think the style much depends upon the talent/skill - certainly at these young age groups. It's hard to compare styles when the skill level is clearly different. I think the style question becomes more relevant when teams are more evenly matched in skill.

KC, I personally don't think Andro plays the same style as Penn, but then it may be a function of the talent on the team.

(Man, I should spend less time at the soccer fields watching games that have nothing to do with my kids......)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Post by KeeperCommander 11/10/16, 02:16 pm

skiberdad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Fever/Andro..  Fever played a great game.  Andro did not look like the Andro I have seen just far.  Andro has a good mix of talent (big and physical as well as speed and skilled players).  Not sure why they were off.  If they rebound this week then we know there is something there.  If not, I suspect they fade into DII
Does Andro play the same style play as Fever?

IMO, Andro/Solar Haylock has the same issue (but at a more pronounced level) as Fever.  Fever Penn looks like it knows how to play possession and out of the back when it plays teams of similar or inferior athleticism.  When they played at qualifying they wore teams out because their inferior opponents were chasing the ball all over the field.  But, when they run up against superior athleticism, they are unable to play the same style in a calm, efficient way.  They sort of revert to "chase all over the field"-style.  You could say that about any team, but when you watch Selecao play DTS, for example, they still play possession soccer.  They may lose (which they have) but they still play their style, just not as effectively because of DTS athleticism.

I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that Haylock plays a higher direct play to possession ratio than Fever Penn.  What I mean is if Haylock plays direct 85% of the time, then Fever plays direct 40% of the time.  (I'm just making those numbers up, but I think in relative sense, that's true.)  But better soccer players with better skill and touch are able to play possession more effectively because they, well, possess the ball better.

So in the end, I think the style much depends upon the talent/skill - certainly at these young age groups.  It's hard to compare styles when the skill level is clearly different.  I think the style question becomes more relevant when teams are more evenly matched in skill.

KC, I personally don't think Andro plays the same style as Penn, but then it may be a function of the talent on the team.

(Man, I should spend less time at the soccer fields watching games that have nothing to do with my kids......)
Man, where were you '93 when I needed a thesis written.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4479
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Post by Guest 11/10/16, 07:11 pm

skiberdad wrote:But, when they run up against superior athleticism, they are unable to play the same style in a calm, efficient way.

That reminds me, The Men's National Team plays tonight.

Seriously, doesn't this describe most players/teams?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Post by Guest 11/10/16, 07:33 pm

Trudat.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 05G Games of the Week (Oct 9/10)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum