North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon?

Post by KeeperCommander 13/10/16, 08:13 am

skiberdad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
skiberdad wrote:You were talking about DA.  I was talking about ECNL (which was previously the highest level of competition).  So in comparison, that is a vast difference in price to play at the top level available for girls.  Especially, when you roster 20+ kids and we know very well number 17-20+ won't see the field for any significant period of time, yet it still costs the same.  In fact, many who pay the ECNL fees don't even make the travel team.  DA doesn't cost anything for boys from top to bottom of roster.  That's what I was pointing out.  I applaud and love that DA is coming to the girls' side.  It probably doesn't apply to the one kid I have left that is of age, but I still applaud it.

But to expand the point, the cost to play on a team that plays in Plano/Arlington is the same as the cost for a team that plays in LHGCL.  How is that not gouging?  How is rostering 16-18 players to a D2 Plano club and charging the same fees as a D1 LHGCL club appropriate?  Have you watched those Plano games?  lol  I mean, it's hard to watch.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for kids playing appropriate level competition, and of course, I know that the level will vary.  My point is you shouldn't be charging the same $3k-4k in fees.  And further, parents shouldn't be willing to pay it.  There are clubs that do tier their fees, but those tend to be the indies.

That may not be true for every club, but it certainly is for the big ones.  
But those players that you consider 17-20+ will be rostered on a LH team too so they can get the touches and minutes.  

But they are paying ECNL prices.  They're paying for exposure to college scouts etc etc.  If the only field time they see if LHGCL, they get none of that.  They might as well play LHGCL and pay those rates.
I see what you are saying. I think the vast majority see a great deal of playing time at the ECNL level, with those few that are constantly playing on a LH roster it prob comes down to whether or not they truly deserved to be on that team. They are prob very talented girls and might very well go on to play in college but for that specific team they were player #17-20+. I know parents who have a very talented kid want that kid to make the top team and play, but reality is very few get to. They may be talented but they may have to play for the #3 or #4 team in the area to get the playing time that one may deserve. Start for a lower team or sit on the higher team.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fully Funded Girls DA Teams coming soon?

Post by tpitty 13/10/16, 08:24 am

Don't those kids play for the composite/champions league teams? I am pretty sure they do.

Also, maybe someone from ECNL can clarify, but I always believed that ECNL cost and LHGCL cost were the same price as far as club dues. The extra cost associated were for travel expense.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/16, 08:26 am

all true, KC.

I have a buddy who sort of went "all in" trying to get a college scholarship, decided to pay the ECNL fees.  His kid was exactly what you described.  Right on the border of being good enough to get exposure to the scouts.  He was hoping should would improve enough to get on the field at age 16 or 17.  Well, never really happened and didn't get an offer.  The sad part was that in the attempt, burned a bunch of money and was really struggling to pay the college tuition after spending over $60K in ECNL/select fees, travel costs, uniforms, etc. throughout his daughter's youth career.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but dude, I felt bad for him.  

The one thing I'll say is that the ECNL coach he was with actually was very realistic with him, so you couldn't blame a slimy coach selling him a pipe dream.  He just rolled the dice.

TP --
When my daughter went through, the fees were vastly different. That was years ago, though. If there are any ECNL parents out there, maybe they can comment on what they are paying today. Plus, don't underestimate the travel fees... Yikes. That stuff adds up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 13/10/16, 08:42 am

For the 100th time, the cost difference for ECNL vs LHGCL D1 is minimal.

ECNL will have 2-5 national travel events (usually require airfare), 3 regional travel game weekends (Houston/Austin/Tulsa) and local games.

LHGCL D1 will have LH schedule, Premier League (I believe there's even a national PL that requires air travel too), Regionals/Nationals and usually a handful of regional/national showcase events.

Club dues are virtually the same, afaik.

Last edited by Gunners on 13/10/16, 08:43 am; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/10/16, 08:43 am

skiberdad wrote:all true, KC.

I have a buddy who sort of went "all in" trying to get a college scholarship, decided to pay the ECNL fees.  His kid was exactly what you described.  Right on the border of being good enough to get exposure to the scouts.  He was hoping should would improve enough to get on the field at age 16 or 17.  Well, never really happened and didn't get an offer.  The sad part was that in the attempt, burned a bunch of money and was really struggling to pay the college tuition after spending over $60K in ECNL/select fees, travel costs, uniforms, etc. throughout his daughter's youth career.

The one thing I'll say is that the ECNL coach he was with actually was very realistic with him, so you couldn't blame a slimy coach selling him a pipe dream.  He just rolled the dice.

TP --
When my daughter went through, the fees were vastly different. That was years ago, though. If there are any ECNL parents out there, maybe they can comment on what they are paying today. Plus, don't underestimate the travel fees... Yikes. That stuff adds up!
Even with the majority of ECNL girls going to D1 schools on some sort of scholarship it stands to reason that most did it by playing the most minutes they could. That means going to a team that will give them those minutes. Don't get me wrong there plenty of girls that are just as talented as the ones on the field. Politics and money may play a part in who plays then. I don't know. I guess I will find out in the next few years.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/16, 08:49 am

Gunn--

If the specific LHGCL D1 team qualifies for all those things, you might be right. )Though, I'm not sure the math works out that way....) But that's a big if. Most D1 teams aren't going to be a part of all that. Certainly, not all of them go to national showcases.

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 13/10/16, 08:53 am

skiberdad wrote:I have a buddy who sort of went "all in" trying to get a college scholarship, decided to pay the ECNL fees.  His kid was exactly what you described.  Right on the border of being good enough to get exposure to the scouts.  He was hoping should would improve enough to get on the field at age 16 or 17.  Well, never really happened and didn't get an offer.  The sad part was that in the attempt, burned a bunch of money and was really struggling to pay the college tuition after spending over $60K in ECNL/select fees, travel costs, uniforms, etc. throughout his daughter's youth career.

All proof that you have to be realistic.  If your DD is not getting the playing time she needs at a certain level, then drop her down one level and reassess.  

This flawed thinking that by being on an ECNL team your DD is going to a scholarship has done a lot of people in.  There is way more money available to college kids in academics than in soccer.  Make them do their homework, grades are far more important.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 13/10/16, 08:55 am

One team last year had 21 D1 signees. Another 17.

The recruiting game is a process that these days is spread over 4-5 years for some kids. If a kid chooses the programs they're interested in wisely, they'll get a look.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/16, 08:56 am

Amen to that. Even my kid that is on athletic scholarship sits most games. She'll never make money with her feet. It will be her brain.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/10/16, 09:00 am

skiberdad wrote:Gunn--

If the specific LHGCL D1 team qualifies for all those things, you might be right. )Though, I'm not sure the math works out that way....) But that's a big if. Most D1 teams aren't going to be a part of all that.  Certainly, not all of them go to national showcases.
I had always heard that the fees were very similar but when travel was considered it amounted to much more. These days playing PL or just being a showcase team means lots of travel. The original fees for such are probably much lower since the majority of those teams are probably smaller clubs not the Big 5.
I see posts everyday about how my kid is growing up so fast and they wish they could stop time. Next post, oh we are on our way to wherever so my kid can play ball. Well its partly our fault that we allowed the scene to dictate how early all of this started and then we bitch that our kids are growing up too fast in front of us. 7th or 8th grade i can see it. These kids are 7 man, too early.
Anyway I am off to find plane tickets so my DD can play soccer.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/10/16, 09:01 am

skiberdad wrote:Amen to that. Even my kid that is on athletic scholarship sits most games.  She'll never make money with her feet. It will be her brain.
Especially since soccer is not a "Head Count Sport"

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/16, 09:04 am

KeeperCommander wrote:

If the specific LHGCL D1 team qualifies for all those things, you might be right. )Though, I'm not sure the math works out that way....) But that's a big if. Most D1 teams aren't going to be a part of all that.  Certainly, not all of them go to national showcases.
I had always heard that the fees were very similar but when travel was considered it amounted to much more.  These days playing PL or just being a showcase team means lots of travel.  The original fees for such are probably much lower since the majority of those teams are probably smaller clubs not the Big 5.  
I see posts everyday about how my kid is growing up so fast and they wish they could stop time.  Next post, oh we are on our way to wherever so my kid can play ball.  Well its partly our fault that we allowed the scene to dictate how early all of this started and then we bitch that our kids are growing up too fast in front of us.  7th or 8th grade i can see it.  These kids are 7 man, too early.  

You better stop posting stuff like this. People might mistake you for a softie. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/10/16, 09:19 am

skiberdad wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

I had always heard that the fees were very similar but when travel was considered it amounted to much more.  These days playing PL or just being a showcase team means lots of travel.  The original fees for such are probably much lower since the majority of those teams are probably smaller clubs not the Big 5.  
I see posts everyday about how my kid is growing up so fast and they wish they could stop time.  Next post, oh we are on our way to wherever so my kid can play ball.  Well its partly our fault that we allowed the scene to dictate how early all of this started and then we bitch that our kids are growing up too fast in front of us.  7th or 8th grade i can see it.  These kids are 7 man, too early.  

You better stop posting stuff like this.  People might mistake you for a softie.  Shocked
Somehow, Someway I will dig myself out of that title. I just know it, I know it in my heart!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/16, 09:26 am

lmao.... I have faith in you

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 13/10/16, 10:36 am

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-girls/match-fit-academy-fc-declines-girls-da-invite-sticks-with-ecnl/
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/10/16, 10:43 am

they make an interesting choice. We'll see who wins - DA v. ECNL. Maybe both will survive...

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/10/16, 02:32 pm

AtThePitch wrote:http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs/youth-girls/match-fit-academy-fc-declines-girls-da-invite-sticks-with-ecnl/
It will not be for everybody or every club. Perhaps even the DA isn't the answer at all.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2