North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer

Go down

Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer Empty Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer

Post by FierceLightning 05/11/16, 01:39 pm

Here is one of the reasons NTX youth soccer struggles. Today, I watched a U12 Division 2 11v11 game played in Primetime at Fairview Park. What caught my eye was one of the teams had a LHD1 top forward playing with them that is from a different club. When I left it was mid-second half with the score 3-1 where the team with the LHD1 forward was down 1-0, then she came in and scored 3 goals. Not sure how it ended. LOL. The team the LHD1 forward played on today, was in last place with a record of  0 wins, 6 losses and 2 draws. Mind you this is PrimeTime U12 Div 2 11v11!! The team had 4 subs on the bench. Once again, this LHD1 forward plays on a completely different club.

Now I don't know what others think and whether anybody can defend this move, but its an obvious move to get at least 1 win before the season break. I think the arguments about getting more play time to develop, and creating dynamics to help the other players "see how its done" (LMAO) are pretty mute with this game.

Its an obvious "Dad Coach" move to get a win and to try and keep from being the last place team through the break or at least 0 wins. The cheap value it brings to this team is laughable. I wonder what the parents feel and think about this? And NO, they are not appreciative of the impressive girl taking the ball form mid-field and scoring every goal.

I'd like to ask, where is the development in this move?

I'm not impressed by the win!

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer Empty Re: Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer

Post by Big Ern 05/11/16, 02:14 pm

FierceLightning wrote:Here is one of the reasons NTX youth soccer struggles. Today, I watched a U12 Division 2 11v11 game played in Primetime at Fairview Park. What caught my eye was one of the teams had a LHD1 top forward playing with them that is from a different club. When I left it was mid-second half with the score 3-1 where the team with the LHD1 forward was down 1-0, then she came in and scored 3 goals. Not sure how it ended. LOL. The team the LHD1 forward played on today, was in last place with a record of  0 wins, 6 losses and 2 draws. Mind you this is PrimeTime U12 Div 2 11v11!! The team had 4 subs on the bench. Once again, this LHD1 forward plays on a completely different club.

Now I don't know what others think and whether anybody can defend this move, but its an obvious move to get at least 1 win before the season break. I think the arguments about getting more play time to develop, and creating dynamics to help the other players "see how its done" (LMAO) are pretty mute with this game.

Its an obvious "Dad Coach" move to get a win and to try and keep from being the last place team through the break or at least 0 wins. The cheap value it brings to this team is laughable. I wonder what the parents feel and think about this? And NO, they are not appreciative of the impressive girl taking the ball form mid-field and scoring every goal.

I'd like to ask, where is the development in this move?

I'm not impressed by the win!

That woulda been a neat trick ...

Tough to be U12 and play for two different Clubs.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer Empty Re: Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer

Post by soccermomtx 05/11/16, 03:20 pm

U12 Primetime does not play 11 v 11. They only have 9 v 9.........

soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/11/16, 07:42 pm

Fairview was open?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 07/11/16, 08:53 am

thats just a lot of "Thunder", Lightning

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 07/11/16, 02:44 pm

the problem with NTX soccer is that people like fierce think who wins in a U12 soccer game actually matters in the scheme of development
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Typical Challenge with NTX Youth Soccer Empty Add it to the list...

Post by SoccerDad75070 08/11/16, 09:58 am

This is only one of the problems in North TX soccer. Concern over who wins is down the list but related to the bigger problems of costs and the idea that its acceptable in youth soccer to physically beat a team down if can't compete otherwise.

go99 wrote:the problem with NTX soccer is that people like fierce think who wins in a U12 soccer game actually matters in the scheme of development

SoccerDad75070
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 16/11/16, 09:06 am

The scoreboard matters to the parents and they are the ones who are paying the bill. It also matters to the kids because it feeds their confidence and is healthy for their ego. A winless team isn't healthy for soccer development. An undefeated team isn't healthy either as it shows that there isn't enough competition for full development.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 16/11/16, 11:32 am

CBTeamworks wrote:The scoreboard matters to the parents and they are the ones who are paying the bill. It also matters to the kids because it feeds their confidence and is healthy for their ego. A winless team isn't healthy for soccer development. An undefeated team isn't healthy either as it shows that there isn't enough competition for full development.
Many good points brought up here. Go is right though, what does it really matter if your DD wins a game at U12? Will she put it other resume? No. Does is help their ego some? Sure. Success drives the will for more knowledge, as does the inability to do a skill or move. It is the right combination that matters i think. You practice to be able to compete at a level that is right for the team. Most coaches/parents seem to want to hurry that along too fast to aid their own agenda.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/11/16, 03:06 pm

CBTeamworks wrote:The scoreboard matters to the parents and they are the ones who are paying the bill. It also matters to the kids because it feeds their confidence and is healthy for their ego. A winless team isn't healthy for soccer development. An undefeated team isn't healthy either as it shows that there isn't enough competition for full development.

Sorry my sons team was the bottom of D1 and folded at the end of the year at U11. From that team a kid played in the DA and professionally in Mexico. And my son playing and starting in the DA 4 straight years. A kid who need the win of his/her team to build their confidence and ego is just mentally weak. A team win is exactly that a TEAM win and the only thing that matters is what can YOU do. Their confidence needs to be build on their own abilities and often there are kids on bad teams who learn to fight and carry the work load and also fight thru adversity. Then there are kids on top teams who coast and ride in the wake of others with a false sense of "I was on this team". Right until adversity hits them in the mouth
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/11/16, 03:14 pm

the difficulty is that while soccer is a teams sport, youth soccer is very much an individual sport. One of the biggest challenges I see in NTX is way too often the kids are sacrificed for the team, or for the parents or coaches ego. It seems there are very few actually looking out for the kids and their journey in soccer
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 16/11/16, 05:16 pm

go99 wrote:

Sorry my sons team was the bottom of D1 and folded at the end of the year at U11.  From that team a kid played in the DA and professionally in Mexico.  And my son playing and starting in the DA 4 straight years.  A kid who need the win of his/her team to build their confidence and ego is just mentally weak.  A team win is exactly that a TEAM win and the only thing that matters is what can YOU do.  Their confidence needs to be build on their own abilities and often there are kids on bad teams who learn to fight and carry the work load and also fight thru adversity.  Then there are kids on top teams who coast and ride in the wake of others with a false sense of "I was on this team". Right until adversity hits them in the mouth

What happened to the rest of the kids on the team that folded? Did some quit the game because they lost hope and got the fun beat out of them? My point is not that teams should feel justified in using ringers to pick up cheap wins. You claimed that wins don't matter at U12 and that is false. Wins are healthy for the greater number of players. I'm glad the losing wasn't enough to discourage your player but every player is different and it would be my goal to figure out how to pick up wins (not the cheap ones) in order to keep kids motivated. Wins are more motivational than losses to most kids.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 23/11/16, 03:42 am

Pet Peeve..."LOL" where it doesn't belong, or at all for that matter...but I digress...

So much written about feelings, and egos,and "that one player". If folks really want this site to have any real value to discussing the soccer scene in NTX then an attempt to 1) learn what really matters at the various age groups 2) be realistic 3) recognize where to find what you are truly looking for.

I see the "stud" playing on your D2 team differently. If your team has lost ALL of their games, your coach did NOT bring this girl out to win 1 game as that win is irrelevant strictly from a win-loss perspective. And if you think the girls on that team weren't glad she was there, at that age, time for a reality check. Why make it a negative? Consider go99's point...these losses will start to separate the serious players from the players doing it for "fun" and that's exactly what SHOULD happen. At U12 there SHOULD be 2 different "camps" of players, if you will...the one that wants to play for "fun', and the one that is considering a much longer term commitment. This "stud" showing up to play gave any girl on that team a look at what hard work and dedication can do, and if they aspire to that, they'll have to put in the time. Just showing up to 2 x's a week practice won't cut it if your goal is truly "development", and quite frankly, that isn't completely the team coaches job. Ask any player on a top D1 team if they got where they are JUST from team practices. I know my bank account, the miles on my car and the dirt and grass on my floorboards, the list of "soccer contacts" in my day-planner and what little free time I have personally suggest otherwise. If some of these players want to get off the bench then it's time to pull up the proverbial big girl panties, put down your shiny participation trophy and get to work. Take skills sessions, go running, strength train, focus on diet and sleep, find a stronger team and go from there.

There's no reason to get upset about teams dissolving, or players leaving a team, a stud showing up every once in a while, or even a win-loss record...that's just the natural progression of things, as it should be. Are there always going to be players playing on higher level teams than they should be, and vice-versa, and club politics? Yep. Is there a little too much movement in NTX? Maybe...but what anyone not from here will tell you is there are truly more choices than most know what to do with. And most of the "problems" in girls soccer are because of the parents, guilty as charged a time or 2. Parents drive this bus and it won't change anytime soon. Parents have to stop looking for it to be "fair", crying their child isn't having "fun", telling their kid all the time that EVERY time they do something good how AWESOME they are. Just let it all play out, change coaches if you need to, decide what you're truly looking for with this whole process, and relax...it will all be okay!

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 23/11/16, 08:00 am

meriusrex wrote:
So much written about feelings, and egos,and "that one player".  If folks really want this site to have any real value to discussing the soccer scene in NTX then an attempt to 1) learn what really matters at the various age groups 2) be realistic 3) recognize where to find what you are truly looking for.
Too subjective. Not all coaches are looking for the same thing, want the same type player, etc...
1. Everybody has different views as to what matters
2. Realistic? Get real, what soccer parent or coach is realistic.
3. Where to go? What they are trying to find is right in front of them. they just need to develop it. I have found very few coaches willing to spend the time to develop the young player. They will rush into tactics before they can make a pass to one another.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down