North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL swings back at DA - Page 14 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL swings back at DA

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

ECNL swings back at DA - Page 14 Empty Re: ECNL swings back at DA

Post by timmyh 06/04/17, 09:42 am

ForReal wrote:
timmyh wrote:
ForReal wrote:
timmyh wrote:
timmyh wrote:Likely wildly inaccurate prediction based on nothing but my own speculation for Texas that will make me look very silly in a couple weeks when this all shakes out:

DA: Dash, Lonestar, Texans, FCD, Solar
ECNL: Albion, Challenge, Classics Elite, Sting, D'Feeters

Sting (gambling that ECNL will still be a major draw for elite players for whom the DA isn't quite a great fit and seeing the writing on the wall that the resources behind the DA teams will be hard to compete with long term) tells ECNL they will drop out of DA and only focus on ECNL on the one condition that ECNL not allow any other Dallas DA team to field their 2nd team in ECNL.  It's a good deal for ECNL to keep an elite national name in North Texas and a good deal for Sting.  ECNL agrees.

Do I win a prize?

Did I miss some news?  

Sting's website is suddenly and oddly scrubbed clean of any reference to the DA.

I raised this issue about a week ago. Back then I couldn't find it. Was there ever anything or anything prominent about DA on its site?

There was the DA announcement, which is gone. Maybe it's nothing and I'm reading too much into it being removed.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 06/04/17, 09:46 am

timmyh wrote:
ForReal wrote:
timmyh wrote:
ForReal wrote:
timmyh wrote:
timmyh wrote:Likely wildly inaccurate prediction based on nothing but my own speculation for Texas that will make me look very silly in a couple weeks when this all shakes out:

DA: Dash, Lonestar, Texans, FCD, Solar
ECNL: Albion, Challenge, Classics Elite, Sting, D'Feeters

Sting (gambling that ECNL will still be a major draw for elite players for whom the DA isn't quite a great fit and seeing the writing on the wall that the resources behind the DA teams will be hard to compete with long term) tells ECNL they will drop out of DA and only focus on ECNL on the one condition that ECNL not allow any other Dallas DA team to field their 2nd team in ECNL.  It's a good deal for ECNL to keep an elite national name in North Texas and a good deal for Sting.  ECNL agrees.

Do I win a prize?

Did I miss some news?  

Sting's website is suddenly and oddly scrubbed clean of any reference to the DA.

I raised this issue about a week ago.  Back then I couldn't find it.  Was there ever anything or anything prominent about DA on its site?

There was the DA announcement, which is gone.  Maybe it's nothing and I'm reading too much into it being removed.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sting elects to just do ECNL. You may very well be right. But if it was intentionally removed, that's a pretty dumb way to "announce" what you're doing. See the other thread about "Club Management."

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 06/04/17, 10:08 am

PowerKick wrote:
BigErn wrote:
Right.  While Sting have spoken to their teams and parents about having DA next year, they were not present on the latest call with USSDA to discuss roll out.  Sting are the only of the four that don't already have a USSDA program and I believe KM is on the ECNL BOD ...

Maybe the writing is on the wall that they will soon, or will eventually, go exclusively ECNL.

The day Sting goes exclusively ECNL, that is the day all their TOP teams will be exploded including their 06 Black team and younger age groups, which will weaken all their ECNL teams and less attractive for all their teams in all age groups.

That alone will make them loss hundreds of good players not just 85 which is about Million dollar or more lose in revenue, eventually make Sting the 2nd tier club.

It is a double-edged sword for all clubs not only Sting, but they have to go DA in order to maintain the current revenue stream.

Here is my prediction, I want to win a prize too. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 06/04/17, 10:21 am

BC is a gambler. I think if he goes that way, he wins big in the end.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 06/04/17, 12:45 pm

5050Ball wrote:BC is a gambler.  I think if he goes that way, he wins big in the end.

Oh the irony! Shocked

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 07/04/17, 05:12 pm

ECNL makes it official that U13's will play ECNL next fall. A similar announcement from DA is expected early next week. What a cluster-F with these two organizations trying to one up each other. Can U12 be far behind?

So I guess U13 JDL is gone next fall? The top U13 team for each of the Big 4 plays DA, and the 2nd team plays ECNL?

Here's the announcement from ECNL:

2017-18 ECNL Member Clubs:

Please read the below correspondence in regards to the ECNL U13 Division being introduced in the 2017-18 ECNL Season.
Background:

The ECNL U13 Division will be created as a formal ECNL competition age group beginning in the 2017-18 season. While the age group will be formally supported by the league (see below), participation will be optional due to the different travel demands across the country. Additionally, based on the age of the players and the philosophy of the league, there will be no national champion or championship event.

The ECNL U13 Division will provide an option for member clubs to introduce their U13 players to the ECNL structure and competition, while focusing on development and learning.

ECNL U13 Division Basics:

Participation in the ECNL U13 Division is optional. All clubs must submit a survey response to the league (see below) indicating their desire to participate. Based upon these responses, the league will create conference schedules. Once committing to participate, the commitment is binding and will be enforced as at other ECNL age groups.
Participating teams in the ECNL U13 Division must complete the ECNL U13 Division season in its entirety as laid out and approved by the league.
The ECNL U13 Division Team must be the “first team” of the club in the U13 age group.
The specific competition format for the ECNL U13 Division will be determined by the league. It may mirror the format of the U14 schedule, or be structured differently, based on participating clubs.
ECNL U13 Division players must be carded under the ECNL and will be subject to ECNL roster rules. Players can play for both the ECNL U13 Team and any other ECNL Team, provided all ECNL Rules and Regulations are followed.
ECNL U13 Division players may participate in any ECNL National Event for which they are age eligible.
There will be no standings or post-season competition for ECNL U13 Division teams.

ECNL Support:

The ECNL will support the ECNL U13 Division in the following ways:

ECNL will have a U13 Division schedule on the ECNL website
ECNL will host at least one optional (1) ECNL U13 Division Showcase during the season

Jen Winnagle
Commissioner
Elite Clubs National League

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 07/04/17, 05:41 pm

Remember back in the day when ECNL thought it was a waste of time to separate girls too early because much of the difference was all physical?
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 07/04/17, 06:15 pm

ElClassico wrote:Remember back in the day when ECNL thought it was a waste of time to separate girls too early because much of the difference was all physical?

Quaint principles (and notions of doing what might be best for the girls) are no longer relevant.  At this point, it's all about survival (and, ultimately, $$$).

And I don't mean that as a knock against ECNL, it is simply the position that they are in given the actions of the Federation and GDA. What a mess.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 07/04/17, 08:52 pm

Sting is out of DA.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 07/04/17, 09:02 pm

Zizou wrote:Sting is out of DA.
In Houston, Challenge and Albion dropped DA when ECNL promised not to add any new ECNL teams in the area.

Wonder what Sting got from ECNL in return for dumping the DA. Some form of Dallas exclusivity (ECNL boot Solar/DT/FCD)? Sting Austin get accepted?

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 07/04/17, 10:04 pm

timmyh wrote:
ElClassico wrote:Remember back in the day when ECNL thought it was a waste of time to separate girls too early because much of the difference was all physical?

Quaint principles (and notions of doing what might be best for the girls) are no longer relevant.  At this point, it's all about survival (and, ultimately, $$$).

And I don't mean that as a knock against ECNL, it is simply the position that they are in given the actions of the Federation and GDA. What a mess.

cheers
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 2_cents_worth 07/04/17, 10:20 pm

I guess Sting won't need those composite teams after all.
2_cents_worth
2_cents_worth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 07/04/17, 11:13 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
STING SOCCER ORGANIZATION WILL FOREGO ITS SPOT IN THE DEVELOPMENTAL ACADEMY FOR 2017-18 & FOCUS ON ECNL PLATFORM
Dallas, Texas – April 6, 2017 - Since 1973, Sting Soccer has consistently placed itself amongst the top female clubs in the United States. With 12 USYSA National Championships and 2 ECNL National Championships, this tradition of excellence and history of success remains the cornerstone on which Sting continues to evolve and grow. Sting has always defied the conventional approach from its inception, defying common beliefs about what females were capable of as athletes in its earliest days, to having integral involvement in the development of female soccer platforms in more recent years. The result of this trailblazing mentality is a program that has developed over 50 professional, national, and youth national team and pool players, as well as graduating classes that typically have over 85% of young women move on to further their playing careers at the collegiate level. Our focused goal of creating a strong, complete soccer player, coupled with the instillation of high moral value and character is paramount to Sting realizing success for each young female athlete to excel well beyond their soccer years.
In consideration of our mission and goal, and after careful review, The Sting Soccer Organization has decided to forego its spot in the Developmental Academy for the 2017-18 season. The decision comes after months of due diligence in understanding what our Sting membership truly desires in their developmental path. The journey of a female player is complex and unique – and our membership has expressed the need for flexibility to pursue multiple development paths. The Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) has proven itself to be the premier opportunity for female youth soccer players to be identified, evaluated, recruited, and ultimately offered scholarships to play soccer at the college level. The national event format combined with a high-level conference schedule, will continue to provide Sting players with multiple opportunities throughout the year to showcase their talents in front of college scouts while also growing and developing their game.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 07/04/17, 11:19 pm

Yeah, that information pretty much eliminates any other clubs here locally that wanted into ECNL

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by brett79 08/04/17, 06:50 am

What will this decision do to Sting teams? Will players abandon them and go to the DA clubs? Will this make sting another feet? Big decision for those Sting players who are the best on their current ECNL/JDL/LH team.

brett79
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 08/04/17, 06:55 am

In my opinion there was already going to be a certain % that were good enough to leave their respective club and go to a DA club. With Sting departing DA this will cause a certain percentage to depart there too. The big question in my mind is how will this affect the Big 3 teams? How many girls that thought they were headed for the DA will now find themselves fighting for a spot because of those defects.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 08/04/17, 07:27 am

I have to wonder - what do the clubs do with JDL players who don't find an ECNL / DA spot?

In the 04 group, between the Big 4 - 7 JDL teams, plus kids from LP, and others, headed to 3 DA, 4 ECNL teams (for argument, I was assuming Rush kids are net with Feet players).

My question is more about the clubs, and the apparent bind they put themselves in by playing exclusively in JDL.

Sting 04 is the best example.  2 JDL teams - if 1/2 the girls find DA / ECNL homes - what does Sting do with the others if they want to remain with Sting?  Tell the Flanagan players to hit the road?  Same with Solar - hope enough leave Rodriguez?  Then you look at the 05 group.  It's entirely possible that FC Dallas won't have a LH DI team available for girls to play on.

What about when one of the bigs doesn't have a LHGCL DI team to shuffle kids back to?  Ultimately, I have to wonder if girls playing JDL who don't make a DA / ECNL team, can't find a LH DI team to play on.

The problem could be worse in the future - 10 JDL teams (plus strong independents), 8 DA/ECNL slots.

Does this cause clubs to rethink their strategy with LH DI - either dual-rostering girls or encouraging teams to play both JDL and DI?

Is someone, somewhere, having an "oh crap" moment (Sting?) that they put all their eggs into JDL and didn't have a contingency in LH DI for after JDL?

It doesn't appear the big clubs thought of this potential problem - and maybe BigE is right - they don't care.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 08/04/17, 07:42 am

SoccerDad75033 wrote:I have to wonder - what do the clubs do with JDL players who don't find an ECNL / DA spot?

In the 04 group, between the Big 4 - 7 JDL teams, plus kids from LP, and others, headed to 3 DA, 4 ECNL teams (for argument, I was assuming Rush kids are net with Feet players).

My question is more about the clubs, and the apparent bind they put themselves in by playing exclusively in JDL.

Sting 04 is the best example.  2 JDL teams - if 1/2 the girls find DA / ECNL homes - what does Sting do with the others if they want to remain with Sting?  Tell the Flanagan players to hit the road?  Same with Solar - hope enough leave Rodriguez?  Then you look at the 05 group.  It's entirely possible that FC Dallas won't have a LH DI team available for girls to play on.

What about when one of the bigs doesn't have a LHGCL DI team to shuffle kids back to?  Ultimately, I have to wonder if girls playing JDL who don't make a DA / ECNL team, can't find a LH DI team to play on.

The problem could be worse in the future - 10 JDL teams (plus strong independents), 8 DA/ECNL slots.

Does this cause clubs to rethink their strategy with LH DI - either dual-rostering girls or encouraging teams to play both JDL and DI?

Is someone, somewhere, having an "oh crap" moment (Sting?) that they put all their eggs into JDL and didn't have a contingency in LH DI for after JDL?

It doesn't appear the big clubs thought of this potential problem - and maybe BigE is right - they don't care.
No dilemma at all. JDL is the Big's league. They simply add more teams to the league. Problem solved.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 08/04/17, 07:55 am

SWINGIT!! wrote:
SoccerDad75033 wrote:I have to wonder - what do the clubs do with JDL players who don't find an ECNL / DA spot?

No dilemma at all. JDL is the Big's league. They simply add more teams to the league. Problem solved.
JDL will become as irrelevant as LH. ECNL will put pressure on clubs to put forth top talent. No one can support 3 leagues with top talent. Not even the bigs.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 08/04/17, 09:00 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
JDL will become as irrelevant as LH. ECNL will put pressure on clubs to put forth top talent. No one can support 3 leagues with top talent. Not even the bigs. [/quote]

U11 and U12 play where then?
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 08/04/17, 09:53 am

What they need to do is have a strong local league where only the best teams qualify with maybe 30 total teams. Then as they get older have an exclusive league that plays regionally and nationally with say only 4-5 teams to consolidate talent at that point.

This might work.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 08/04/17, 07:45 pm

soccerjack wrote:What they need to do is have a strong local league where only the best teams qualify with maybe 30 total teams. Then as they get older have an exclusive league that plays regionally and nationally with say only 4-5 teams to consolidate talent at that point.

This might work.

Laughing
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 09/04/17, 11:14 am

BigErn wrote:Reconfirmed today.  And I'd bet that all of the Big 4 in NTX have both come next year.

Never bet on anything that talks.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/04/17, 08:45 pm

I for see ECNL playing hard ball here and saying tonclubs that if you go DA you will not be excepted into ECNL. Clubs choosing DA at this time could lose a lot of revenue if needing to move their second team back into LHGCL due to no ECNL available.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 09/04/17, 08:48 pm

Zizou wrote:I for see ECNL playing hard ball here and saying tonclubs that if you go DA you will not be excepted into ECNL. Clubs choosing DA at this time could lose a lot of revenue if needing to move their second team back into LHGCL due to no ECNL available.
Just a question or thought rather. Wouldn't that maybe make the clubs to choose ECNL. For no other reason than revenue. DA then comes to their senses and clubs can keep both.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/04/17, 09:45 am

Man, I think ECNL is saying choose us or move on.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next