North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Upper 90 Challenge - will you cancel? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205238 messages in 32016 subjects

Upper 90 Challenge - will you cancel?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Upper 90 Challenge - will you cancel? Empty Upper 90 Challenge - will you cancel?

Post by ForReal 01/12/16, 06:39 pm

With the 100% refund guarantee regardless of if even Friday games get played, why not just cancel it already? Teams traveling. And there's no way Saturday or Sunday games play. What's the point of playing Friday night or even Saturday morning if possible? And don't tell me that the weather can change in a heartbeat in Texas. This forecast will not.

Children's Medical already cancelled its holiday parade on Sunday.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Upper 90 Challenge - will you cancel? Empty Re: Upper 90 Challenge - will you cancel?

Post by Zizou 02/12/16, 10:06 am

One game played they will take half the money. To them half is better than none. But you are right! Cancel

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Upper 90 Challenge - will you cancel? Empty Re: Upper 90 Challenge - will you cancel?

Post by ForReal 02/12/16, 10:14 am

Zizou wrote:One game played they will take half the money. To them half is better than none. But you are right! Cancel

U90 offers what it calls its "Play Guarantee" for this tournament.  "The Play Guarantee is a 100% money back promise to teams in the event a U90C tournament is cancelled due to poor weather or field closure."

http://www.u90c.com/play-guarantee

So, it doesn't matter if they play one game.  In fact, by playing any games, they lose more money as they'll have to pay staff and refs during that time period.

It's a great service/guarantee and one that attracts teams to their tournaments, but it makes no sense to keep everyone hanging at this juncture.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/12/16, 01:18 pm

I think it's crazy that several 8:00 and 9:30 am games across several age groups are scheduled tomorrow for teams coming from out of state! I can't help but feel for the added expense of an extra hotel for those families that have to come in on a Friday night. TD needs to use little more foresight. It's not exactly a huge event. There is PLENTY of pitch-space to move our out of state friends to later start times, right?

(Of course, this is the same u90 that scheduled 6:00 pm games up in McKinney the Friday night before thanksgiving...and several of those teams playing came across town from Tarrant county on one of the BUSIEST traveling days of the year!) smdh

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 02/12/16, 05:35 pm

Blob wrote:I think it's crazy that several 8:00 and 9:30 am games across several age groups are scheduled tomorrow for teams coming from out of state!  I can't help but feel for the added expense of an extra hotel for those families that have to come in on a Friday night. TD needs to use little more foresight. It's not exactly a huge event. There is PLENTY of pitch-space to move our out of state friends to later start times, right?

(Of course, this is the same u90 that scheduled 6:00 pm games up in McKinney the Friday night before thanksgiving...and several of those teams playing came across town from Tarrant county on one of the BUSIEST traveling days of the year!) smdh

Isn't it normal that games get scheduled on a Friday of the tournament around 6 pm? Also, why point out that it was the Friday before Txgiving? How does that play into this at all? It's just another weekend. Also that Friday is nowhere near one of the busiest travel days of the year. Day before and after Txgiving, sure. But the Friday before... Not so much. You have a valid point that any tourney should be cancelled, but don't make up stuff to get your point across.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 02/12/16, 06:27 pm

My question is why did U90 schedule 11v11 on 8v8 fields?
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/12/16, 08:47 pm

ElClassico wrote:My question is why did U90 schedule 11v11 on 8v8 fields?

More touches.

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/12/16, 09:06 am

What??? Cancelled??? It stopped raining!

Who would have thought . . .

Rolling Eyes

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdadof1 03/12/16, 09:15 am

Glad they waited until everyone was out to the fields for the morning games to pull the trigger. What did they think was going to change?
DDdadof1
DDdadof1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Disposessed 03/12/16, 10:14 am

DDdadof1 wrote:Glad they waited until everyone was out to the fields for the morning games to pull the trigger. What did they think was going to change?
That's the way they roll, same thing happened at the Summer Splash for an 8am game.  I drove my DD for 30 mins. in blinding downpour that had been going on for hours, just to have them cancel 10 minutes before game time. Doing a tourney with them will never be my first choice.

Disposessed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 03/12/16, 01:47 pm

Darned if cancel early. Darned if they wait. At least they guarantee their tourneys. Just got out to the field to a cancelled showcase. This just in TDs can't control the weather. Rain out part of soccer this time of year
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/12/16, 02:14 pm

However, TDs do have weather forecasters and radar.

Do you believe there is any chance that fields will be playable tomorrow?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 03/12/16, 02:39 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:Darned if cancel early.  Darned if they wait.  At least they guarantee their tourneys.  Just got out to the field to a cancelled showcase.  This just in TDs can't control the weather.  Rain out part of soccer this time of year

It's probably because they guarantee the fee that they wait so long, but there was zero hope of playing this weekend and that was widely known since Tuesday. Glad I wasn't an out-of-tower.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 03/12/16, 04:34 pm

How many times have tourneys canceled early than the TD gets killed here for cancelling early.

Weather Forecasts.  Now that changes quickly and is right abut 50 percent of the time.

Its not raining in the north if it doesn't rain field will be playable in McKinney but its a stretch I'd put the odds at 40 percent.   But hoping so.  I drove a team to Austin and got rained out and it was sunny.  Field was just not payable such is life.  Your pissed you vent but again realize nothing you can do the weather drives the field.

Last edited by Marvelousmar on 03/12/16, 09:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 03/12/16, 06:25 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:How many times have tourneys canccelled early than the TD gets killed here for cancelling eaely.

Weather Forecasts.  Now that changes quickly and is right abut 50 percent of the time.

Its not rainning in the north if it doesnt rain field will be playvale in Mckinney but its a stretch I'd put the odds at 40 percent.   But hoping so.  I drove a team to Austin and got rained out and it was sunny.  Field was just not payable such is life.  Your pissed you vent but agaian realize nothing you can do the weather drives the field.

In a situation like this? Never that I can recall.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 03/12/16, 10:03 pm

Note to self. Don't post while at a stop sign in my car. The spelling was just terrible.

SOS. I think everyone expected today to get cancelled. They played some matches and cancelled a bunch or shortened some in different tourneys. Situations and field moisture dictates. In the end U90c puts on their play Guarantee while others may give you 50% of your fee back if your lucky. It's a lotto around theirs parts at this time of year as rain comes when it comes.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 03/12/16, 11:29 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:Note to self.  Don't post while at a stop sign in my car.  The spelling was just terrible.

SOS.  I think everyone expected today to get cancelled.  They played some matches and cancelled a bunch or shortened some in different tourneys.  Situations and field moisture dictates.  In the end U90c puts on their play Guarantee while others may give you 50% of your fee back if your lucky.  It's a lotto around theirs parts at this time of year as rain comes when it comes.

Stop.  Just stop.  You sound like a pathetic lamb led by the masses. Yes, weather sucks. This isn't the summer, where the weather varies wildly. This was a winter forescast with little doubt.  It was obvious to all (except perhaps to you).  This was one of the worst tournament weather calls I've seen in 10+ years (and I've watched games in 30 degree weather with a pretty strong rain).

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 04/12/16, 02:43 am

Sorry that the weather upsets you so much. I am sorry your right. It was 70 degrees on Monday on Thursday mid 60s Friday night rainny and 40. No change there. Summer it changes a lot 95 and sunny to 98 and sunny my bad weatherman. Far from a Lamb just understand life happens and we have to be flexible.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 04/12/16, 07:17 am

Marvelousmar wrote:Sorry  that the weather upsets you so much. I am sorry your right.  It was 70  degrees on Monday on Thursday mid 60s  Friday  night rainny and 40.  No change there. Summer it changes a lot 95 and sunny to 98 and sunny my bad weatherman.  Far from a Lamb just understand life happens and we have to be flexible.  

Seriously, YOU and the TDs must have been the only ones surprised by the weather.

The area forecast on all channels and weather outlets was showing 90-100% chance of rain since early last week, also consistently with over 1", some up to 3", but generally around 2" in the game areas.

The weather doesn't upset me at all, but irresponsible people do.

This "inconvenience" was completely foreseeable, and cost many families hundreds of dollars, time, and for many, dangerous driving conditions. I have known of tournaments in other cities called for less, and was happy that I didn't have to drive hundreds of miles when there was a strong likelihood that the travel would be a waste.

Predominantly local tournaments have a little more flexibility, but "showcase" tournaments where the majority of teams are traveling in from other cities should be more responsible in their decisions.

While the "exact" weather conditions could not be known, the TDs have known for days with 100% certainty that there would be at least moderate amounts of rain over continuous periods that would make make it ALMOST CERTAIN that all or most of the games would be cancelled, and also CERTAIN that those games actually played would by in wet, sloppy, and possibly dangerous conditions that would fall FAR short of those for players to "showcase" their abilities.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/16, 09:50 am

Can someone please give SoS a Snickers bar...

Im getting tired the nightmares from seeing Willem Dafoe in that dress...

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 04/12/16, 11:51 am

Not shocked about the weather I have the app on my phone. Probably look at the weather plans more than most. Also know that the TD was not shocked either. Just tried to get it in. Planning practice and the Arlington tourney next week I like to know. Probably only one soccer guy I know that is more informed about the weather. Supposed to be cold but Sunny so that's what I will plan for knowing it might change. We played one game this weekend and I was shocked they played the Saturday morning matches in Mckinney. I planned indoor practice after looking at the weather. Something I could control. I can't get upset at things I can't control. Yes someone needs a snickers.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 04/12/16, 11:10 pm

Last year this time i remember the Bobby Rhine boys tournament cancelling early before the Thanksgiving holiday. It might've been Monday of that week. Maybe it was Tuesday. But they were predicting freezing temps and 4-5" of rain last year for the weekend.

I'm not positive, but the Texas Cup cancelled very late on Thanksgiving Day with 8am games on Friday morning. Some teams weren't happy but I don't know who was travelling and who wasn't. Texas Cup wasn't re-scheduled. Bobby Rhine was played in January, most likely becuase it was a Dallas Cup qualification tournament. I can't remember about DFeeters Showcase. Anyone remember if the TDs of those tournaments got hamered or not? Or if they gave refunds?

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 05/12/16, 09:15 am

There are 2 things I know about Marv:

1.  He only posts while in his car at stop signs

2.  He looks at weather plans more than most, but only less than one soccer guy.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 05/12/16, 09:35 am

Now that's funny. as I make the right turn.

You forgot that I am a shell that supports TDs no matter what they do.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 17/12/16, 09:04 pm

A while back we were talking about the weather around her in North Texas. Went to sleep it was 25C. In a matter of a few hours the temperature dropped to -3C. So within one day from almost swimming weather to outdoor skating weather. To be a TD in North Texas is an interesting challenge.

But I will give it up to the weather men they got it right. Except in Houston. They said the cold front was supposed to make it down there its' still 24C so 50% chance. Merry Christmas.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next