North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Games of the week (Mar. 4 & 5) - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Games of the week (Mar. 4 & 5)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Games of the week (Mar. 4 & 5) - Page 2 Empty Re: Games of the week (Mar. 4 & 5)

Post by Fcdallas 24/03/17, 06:23 pm

Seen red and blue both. Everyone would agree that red is head and shoulders the best they have. Nothing wrong with saying a player gave up a gift goal either. Girl could of dribbled the ball into the net. Didn't say blue was bad either. Every goalie will cough one up from time to time and every JDL team has a true #1 keeper. I'm sure red has given up 1-2 an easy goal as well.
I've seen my kid shoot a 20 yd shank on an open net and I'm fine with saying it. She's 11 and it happens.

Fcdallas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Games of the week (Mar. 4 & 5) - Page 2 Empty Re: Games of the week (Mar. 4 & 5)

Post by ForReal 24/03/17, 06:45 pm

Fcdallas wrote:Seen red and blue both. Everyone would agree that red is head and shoulders the best they have. Nothing wrong with saying a player gave up a gift goal either. Girl could of dribbled the ball into the net. Didn't say blue was bad either. Every goalie will cough one up from time to time and every JDL team has a true #1 keeper. I'm sure red has given up 1-2 an easy goal as well.
I've seen my kid shoot a 20 yd shank on an open net and I'm fine with saying it. She's 11 and it happens.

Yea, but who's your daughter?  Therein lies the difference.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ManuelNeuer 24/03/17, 07:07 pm

ForReal wrote:
Fcdallas wrote:Seen red and blue both. Everyone would agree that red is head and shoulders the best they have. Nothing wrong with saying a player gave up a gift goal either. Girl could of dribbled the ball into the net. Didn't say blue was bad either. Every goalie will cough one up from time to time and every JDL team has a true #1 keeper. I'm sure red has given up 1-2 an easy goal as well.

Yea, but who's your daughter?  Therein lies the difference.
I don't know that "everyone" would agree FCD. Sounds like you are comparing the red & blue team more than the keepers. And, yes, what 11 yo doesn't make a mistake? That's not exactly what was implied though, was it?
Mrs.ManuelNeuer
Mrs.ManuelNeuer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 24/03/17, 07:55 pm

If "everyone" doesn't agree then "everyone" doesn't know anything. "Everyone" also doesn't know anything about the FCD roach situation that causes them to rely on JDL players from week to week. Now, starting those JDL players above the players signed to his roster is a different matter.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/03/17, 08:24 pm

05girls wrote:If "everyone" doesn't agree then "everyone" doesn't know anything.  "Everyone" also doesn't know anything about the FCD roach situation that causes them to rely on JDL players from week to week.  Now, starting those JDL players above the players signed to his roster is a different matter.  
Ok skiber hope you are paying attention as I am not afraid of a little controversy. Everyone is not everyone. Not even close. I don't know a single person that thinks Red is better than Blue keeper. Not saying Red keep is bad. Not saying that. Red Keep has the advantage of playing with KB for a long time. KB is loyal and that is admirable. Write this down Blue keep will be starter over Red keep in DA.
Now FCDallas is prob Red keeps mom. Well my apologies. No offense meant. 05girls I don't know the situation with North White. Just that I am sure FCD wants to keep bye in LH D1 and to do that they felt they needed to use Red players. It makes sense because it was Reds bye anyway. If they keep it then it was because of Red players. If they lose it (more likely) then LH is no longer relevant and they don't want it anyway. Either way I don't care.
Just doesn't make sense to bench a rostered player every game to play a CPP player when the outcome is not what was intended. Well I guess we will see.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 24/03/17, 08:42 pm

When comparing the two keepers, you are correct. But suggesting one will start over the other in DA is an awful big assumption. Lots of good keepers out there. Not all of them play for clubs feeding in to DA. Will be interesting to see if others out there want it. If they do, could be a mighty battle.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/03/17, 08:51 pm

Is there something wrong with this or is it just me? Thought you were on the Red keeper side. Maybe we both have been dipping into the secret locked cabinet with the brown liquor. It's another topic completely to say players will come from other teams when DA starts. I thought FCD was homegrown capital of the world.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 24/03/17, 08:56 pm

Nope, that was the first comment I made about either keeper which was to agree with your assessment. Your statement about FCD being homegrown may also be true other than the fact this is the blue keepers first year with the team. So to say the DA keeper may come from somewhere else isn't that big of a stretch is it?

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/03/17, 09:08 pm

I think I need to open that cabinet again.
FCDallas sure has been quiet, guess I hit a nerve.
No it isn't a stretch by any means. I think it will completely shuffle again on many fronts. However if they want to stay FCD then Blue keep is the bet. Just my opinion, and everyone else I know so.....

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 24/03/17, 09:18 pm

Everyone huh? Haha. Sounds like the blue keeper may have a special place in your heart.

Anyway, this thread is way off the rails. Maybe one should be started about this weeks games instead of continuing one from 2 or 3 weeks ago.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/03/17, 09:26 pm

05girls wrote:Everyone huh?  Haha.  Sounds like the blue keeper may have a special place in your heart.  

Anyway, this thread is way off the rails. Maybe one should be started about this weeks games instead of continuing one from 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Don't know her from Bernice. Prob right about the thread though. Isn't there a big game coming up?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 24/03/17, 09:28 pm

05girls wrote:Everyone huh?  Haha.  Sounds like the blue keeper may have a special place in your heart.  

Everyone should chill and move on. This is highly inappropriate in my opinion.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/03/17, 09:30 pm

ForReal wrote:

Inappropriate? Now who has been in the brown liquor.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 24/03/17, 09:36 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Inappropriate? Now who has been in the brown liquor.

It is absolutely wrong to discuss a DD with specificity and compare her to another. Particularly if not giving compliments about stellar play. You keeper parents can take this off line.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/03/17, 09:46 pm

With that I will bow out before I start calling you out by name. But first let me say that I was coming to the defense of a particular keeper. While also saying they were both good. This whole forum is calling girls by their actual name and you say nothing, but I am wrong. Please. Offline is for sissies and snowflakes, grow some and bring it.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/03/17, 09:56 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:With that I will bow out before I start calling you out by name. But first let me say that I was coming to the defense of a particular keeper. While also saying they were both good. This whole forum is calling girls by their actual name and you say nothing, but I am wrong. Please. Offline is for sissies and snowflakes, grow some and bring it.

cheers

drop the mic, KC!!

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 24/03/17, 09:59 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:With that I will bow out before I start calling you out by name. But first let me say that I was coming to the defense of a particular keeper. While also saying they were both good. This whole forum is calling girls by their actual name and you say nothing, but I am wrong. Please. Offline is for sissies and snowflakes, grow some and bring it.

Wasn't directed entirely at you, or really at you at all. As you said, both are good. More Fcdallas, who started it. I'm all for discussion. I'll call out teams. I'll label them as "too small," "slow," etc., but I have never singled out a particular girl (if I have, I promise you it was to praise her, but will fall on the sword if you can find a post where I was wrong).  But the "whole forum" is absolutely not about "calling girls by their actual name."  It's actually prohibited.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Fcdallas 24/03/17, 10:10 pm

Keepercommander has never played soccer in his life, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Red is twice the keeper as blue. Not saying blue isn't a decent keeper, but KB knows what she is doing. It's not about loyalty, but more about talent and team work.
Sounds like someone very very close to b keep is now calling out KB. Wow!!!!!
Someone has a dog in the hunt.

Fcdallas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/03/17, 10:10 pm

ForReal wrote:

Wasn't directed entirely at you, or really at you at all. As you said, both are good. More Fcdallas, who started it. I'm all for discussion. I'll call out teams. I'll label them as "too small," "slow," etc., but I have never singled out a particular girl (if I have, I promise you it was to praise her, but will fall on the sword if you can find a post where I was wrong).  But the "whole forum" is absolutely not about "calling girls by their actual name."  It's actually prohibited.
Yes I know. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened or doesn't happen. Since you did not mean me solely then I will digress. By whole forum I meant it happens on here. It shouldn't but it has.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/03/17, 10:13 pm

Fcdallas wrote:Keepercommander has never played soccer in his life, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Red is twice the keeper as blue. Not saying blue isn't a decent keeper, but KB knows what she is doing. It's not about loyalty, but more about talent and team work.
Sounds like someone very very close to b keep is now calling out KB. Wow!!!!!
Someone has a dog in the hunt.
sorry no dog in that kennel. FCD is too political.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 24/03/17, 10:20 pm

FCD. Every point you just made is just flat out wrong. But, go with it.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 26/03/17, 12:02 pm

wow, new topic please!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by time2win 27/03/17, 08:02 am

Wow...is the bashing Kicks took yesterday by DTS. DTS dominated. They have clearly separated themselves. Any other surprises over the weekend?

time2win
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerAdvice2Go 27/03/17, 08:19 am

Couldn't pass up catching what was supposed to be the game of the year with DTS/Kicks but was boring "zzzzz"...It did allow me to watch a good portion of Fever/Sting Guzman playing on adjacent field. 2-0 Fever win. But sloppy, real sloppy. Fever barely could beat #17 ranked team. In fact, parts of game were dominated by Sting. I have come to conclusion Fever is very overrated at #4. Similar observations from previous week, Midfield is big weakness for this team at a #4 ranking. Seen better in Plano games. Based on what I saw, Gray, Solar or West, could be able to catch them.

SoccerAdvice2Go
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ruready2rumble 27/03/17, 08:43 am

You are right on SA2G. I watched some of both as well. DTS/Kicks was a sleeper and Fever/Sting was not good soccer. Although, Sting seemed to be able to connect passes pretty regularly. Just didn't have any push or big skill. Didn't know Fever was #4. Surprising. Mid is very very weak. Lots of turnovers, zero ball control, didn't see a completed pass unless to other team.

Congrats DTS! You made your statement.

ruready2rumble
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/17, 09:45 am

SoccerAdvice2Go wrote:Couldn't pass up catching what was supposed to be the game of the year with DTS/Kicks but was boring "zzzzz"...It did allow me to watch a good portion of Fever/Sting Guzman playing on adjacent field.  2-0 Fever win.  But sloppy, real sloppy.  Fever barely could beat #17 ranked team.  In fact, parts of game were dominated by Sting.  I have come to conclusion Fever is very overrated at #4.   Similar observations from previous week, Midfield is big weakness for this team at a #4 ranking.  Seen better in Plano games. Based on what I saw, Gray, Solar or West, could be able to catch them.

Didn't see either game.  Very surprised DTS won so big.  Good for them!  I was definitely wrong on my 2-1 Kicks prediction!  HA!

It's hard to be overrated when the ranking is based on W-L-T.  This isn't the AP poll or anything.  Whoever is #1 earned it and whoever is #20 earned it.  So for Fever to be "overrated" at #4 is impossible.  No one is, by definition, rated at all.  If you look at the record, Fever has beaten West, Gray, and Solar. (I assume you mean Haylock cuz they are the closer of the Solars.)  I didn't watch those games either, but they won.  Are you saying that you "rate" Fever as the 7th best team?  You could make that statement because you are making the rating.  But to say they don't deserve the #4 rank in the league is silly.  They have earned it by playing on the field.  They've lost to three teams - the ones in front of them.  That's it.

All of that being said, I have always said that if you gave Penn the talent that the big clubs draw, he would have them at the very top.  It seems you have made that argument as well.  Since their midfield sucks so badly and they don't deserve to be in 4th, I assume you mean that Kenneth Penn is a miracle worker to have them in 4th!  Oh, I also believe you said their defense struggles to clear balls.  Unless they have Alex Morgan playing striker, I suppose, the credit must go to the coach.  I'm glad to find another Kenneth Penn fan.

Your prediction is interesting.  If you take a peek at the remaining schedules, the closest team would need to make up 5pts with 3 games to play.  That's pretty unlikely.

Now, Gray is an interesting case.  They seem to be improving as the year progressed.  They may be one to watch in the future.  As mentioned, making up 5 points in the last three games is near impossible because Fever only has to tie once to put it out of reach, but anyone have insight into if anything has changed with them?  They are looking to be a contender.  I bet they beat West this coming week.

I would say the same for Solar Haylock.  Any thoughts there?

West is, of course, completely the opposite.  They have taken a nosedive.  I really do wonder what is going on there.  West is three points out of relegation to D2 and are closer to that than they are to 4th place.  They haven't won since Sting Shepard in Feb?  Tie to Sting Bean, Loss to Haylock and a loss to that pathetic bunch that doesn't deserve to be #4 at Fever?  (I don't mention their loss to Selecao and DTS...cuz you know, everyone loses to them. haha!)  So maybe the awesome midfield at West should go over to Fever and make a really good team?

How bou da?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next