North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

02 State Cup Bets? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

02 State Cup Bets?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

02 State Cup Bets? - Page 2 Empty Re: 02 State Cup Bets?

Post by calcio9990 14/05/17, 10:49 am

DDteach15 wrote:The big question is if anyone knows who is Solar Hopkins? Is it there anyone who knows who is actually showing up to play under the Solar Hopkins name? Is it the Solar Hopkins Composite or is it the ECNL team stacked with National team players? If you can answer that then we will know the answer. If it is their composite I am going with Solar Nazier VS Sparta.

Tactical move on Solar part to beef up and take over Solar NL team.  Good bet that came from the Top down... as Solar NL had embarrassing results at NL events incl. Disney.

They are bringing in more ECNL players including the 2 GNT pool players that did not participate at NL events and associated coaches that have success at that level.

The move ensures a competive team for a run into Regionals/Nationals.

calcio9990
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordus_13 14/05/17, 11:00 am

Well that's who scored yesterday in the semifinals. The three goals came all from ECNL players.

Lordus_13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 14/05/17, 04:24 pm

Sting added some ECNL players to their roster as well. Not sure if any of them played a part in their wins , but that roster is different than it was 6 weeks ago..... so no one should call out solar.b

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordus_13 14/05/17, 04:30 pm

Not calling them out. There is just no comparison in the caliber of players. I believe sting lost a few players and they added a couple composite players. Not really sure that's the same but ok. If you took the players off sting they borrowed they would probably beat the solar Hopkins team without their help. To me you should play with the roster you started the year with. That's how it was done in my day. Hey our team used club pass players this year but I still think it's wrong. Maybe play with players that are from divisions lower and not bring in ringers and make a team that couldn't beat half the tournament without those players from divisions above.

Lordus_13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 15/05/17, 04:27 pm

OMG!  Solar DID NOT beef up the roster with anyone.  Everyone who played in the games this weekend and last week were on the National League roster the WHOLE year except for 3 of his Composite players.  The players who played in those very embarrassing games in which you speak of in North Carolina and Disney played in State Cup.  Stop trying to make it out to be more than it is.  If you go check the National League event rosters for each game you'll see who played in those tournaments.  Some players made all events and some only made one due to injuries in which I've already stated before.

Only one YNT player played in State Cup and she's been on Hopkins team since U-7 and dual rostered last year with Hopkins and 02 ECNL.  Those other ECNL players have also played with him all year for National League and some even played all year with his Composite team.  Again this team was not created to play in State Cup.  We played National League and only added 3 of his COMPOSITE girls to play in State Cup that did not also play in National League.  The other 2 YNT players did not play in State Cup and they also did not make any National League games due to conflicts. They are/were on the roster and if they'd been present, the score line would have reflected as such.

Lordus_13, you keep saying you should play with the roster you started the year with.  WE DID!   Obviously you are thinking the Composite team is the team registered for State Cup and it was not.  Solar Chelsea Composite and Solar Chelsea NL were two entirely different teams playing in two entirely different leagues.  Thank you!
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 15/05/17, 04:57 pm

Lordus_13 wrote:Well that's who scored yesterday in the semifinals. The three goals came all from ECNL players.

Not True!  

Again you are incorrect.   In Saturday's semi-final the first goal was from #11 a Composite player who was not on the NL roster.  The 2nd goal was from #10 a Composite player who was on the National League roster and also been with Hopkins since U-7.  The 3rd goal was from #0, an ECNL player who was on the National League roster who ended up not playing due to a concussion.  She was on Hopkins team last year that qualified for NL and played with him on Composite most of the Fall season until she got the concussion.  When she returned after the Concussion she returned full-time to ECNL and did not play with Composite in the Spring.  

As for yesterday's goals in the Final, yes they were all scored by ECNL players.  All of which played with Hopkins in National league, 2 goals from #23, 1 from #1 and Sting's goal was an own goal scored by #0 when she attempted to clear it.  

I know you're obviously mad because your team didn't win but I'd appreciate it if you keep your alternate facts to a minimum.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 15/05/17, 05:16 pm

calcio9990 wrote:
DDteach15 wrote:The big question is if anyone knows who is Solar Hopkins? Is it there anyone who knows who is actually showing up to play under the Solar Hopkins name? Is it the Solar Hopkins Composite or is it the ECNL team stacked with National team players? If you can answer that then we will know the answer. If it is their composite I am going with Solar Nazier VS Sparta.

Tactical move on Solar part to beef up and take over Solar NL team.  Good bet that came from the Top down... as Solar NL had embarrassing results at NL events incl. Disney.

They are bringing in more ECNL players including the 2 GNT pool players that did not participate at NL events and associated coaches that have success at that level.

The move ensures a competive team for a run into Regionals/Nationals.

Solar ECNL players will be at ECNL Nationals in Chicago at the same time Regional Championships are being played so not sure how they can be in two places at once but maybe you know something I don't. The 2 GNT players that did not participate at NL events were supposed to but they had other conflicts so they didn't play. They were on the roster from Day 1.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outtacontrol 16/05/17, 08:53 am

How many rosters are these girls on? Honest question because I am confused. How many rosters have they been on since day 1? Do they sign contracts with a certain team and then are just listed on the other team's roster? I really am curious as to how this works because I am clueless...
outtacontrol
outtacontrol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 16/05/17, 09:35 am

Two or three are possibly on all 3 rosters.  

1) ECNL uses a US Club Roster
2)Composite uses a US Club as well
3) National League - uses a North Texas Roster

ECNL players could possibly play week to week with either Composite or ECNL depending on the roster selections week to week.   A player can only play with one team or the other if both teams have games the same day.  

National League roster had to be set and approved by North Texas and the league at the beginning of the 2016 Fall season. Most of the players on it either 1 played with Hopkins 03 team last year (the team that qualified for National League) or 2 played with the Club last year.  That was the only way to retain the bye.  

After 7 players ended up hurt and out due to injuries, the team had to add players from his Composite team to fill the those gaps and help out.  

We initially started with a roster strong enough to be competitive in National League and after losing so many players and having to add, the players added were not used to playing the positions they ended up having to play and were not used to the speed of play so the team ended up laying a big fat egg in National League.  

Had we gone into National League with our initial roster (before all the injuries AND conflicts), or the players added played the positions they normally play, then I'm certain the outcome would have been different and there would have been no need to play in State Cup.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socceraunt22 17/05/17, 02:38 am

hope 2dds didn't strain anything trying to explain that.

Bottom line is that solar loaded up and played a largely ecnl lineup so it could win this cup. Congrats to all the other clubs that had the guts to play their regular lineups. hats off especially to the gutsy Flanagan Royal team.

I think they were largely 8th graders, LHGCL D2, who went toe to toe with Solar in semis. score was 1-1 at half. Sting ought to be very proud of its showing and the beautiful soccer played by Coach Flanagan's young ladies.

socceraunt22
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordus_13 17/05/17, 06:47 am

Solar ECNL players will be at ECNL Nationals in Chicago at the same time Regional Championships are being played so not sure how they can be in two places at once but maybe you know something I don't. The 2 GNT players that did not participate at NL events were supposed to but they had other conflicts so they didn't play. They were on the roster from Day 1.

Who cares if they were on the roster since day 1! We had 6 players all year in our roster we never used because that would take away from the kids/parents that are paying lots of money for their DD to play and learn the game. See it should never be about winning. As a matter of fact there has been lots of that NL team looking elsewhere due to the coach just bringing in the ECNL players and starting them and the other players that have been there the entire season just gets to sit and watch. Man that teaches them a ton! Shows character of the club and coaches.
Wow!! So you used them to play in state cup but they won't play at regionals! Just wow is all i have to say. Shame on you guys.

Lordus_13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotShot36 17/05/17, 08:26 am

socceraunt22 wrote:hope 2dds didn't strain anything trying to explain that.

Bottom line is that solar loaded up and played a largely ecnl lineup so it could win this  cup.   Congrats to all the other clubs that had the guts to play their regular  lineups.  hats off especially to the gutsy Flanagan Royal team.  

I think they were largely  8th graders, LHGCL D2, who went toe to toe with Solar in semis.  score was 1-1 at half.  Sting ought to be very proud of its showing and the beautiful soccer played by Coach Flanagan's young ladies.  

I know for a fact that at least one of the Flanagan Royal players was CCP'd from another team in the club. All of the Bigs that could CCP players for the State Cup did...especially since this tournament had more on the line than just a $2 medal or trophy with the winner getting to play in the regionals in NC. IMO, ECNL players have no business playing in this tournament. That's what ECNL is for. You have your own regular season and national tournament at the end. Maybe I'm wrong and that's just how it is at that level with the same girls playing on the ECNL and NL teams but it just seems wrong that you put a team in the State Cup with ECNL and Composite players to compete against a field of mostly LH teams.

Last edited by HotShot36 on 17/05/17, 08:37 am; edited 1 time in total
HotShot36
HotShot36
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 17/05/17, 08:29 am

Lordus_13 wrote:

Who cares if they were on the roster since day 1! We had 6 players all year in our roster we never used because that would take away from the kids/parents that are paying lots of money for their DD to play and learn the game. See it should never be about winning. As a matter of fact there has been lots of that NL team looking elsewhere  due to the coach just bringing in the ECNL players and starting them and the other players that have been there the entire season just gets to sit and watch. Man that teaches them a ton! Shows character of the club and coaches.
Wow!! So you used them to play in state cup but they won't play at regionals! Just wow is all i have to say. Shame on you guys.

No shame on you for being slower than refrigerated syrup.   BOY BYE!  

Team Roster and 9-Player Returning Players Verification
Attached you will find information on NL Team Rosters. Remember that an initial team roster has to be filed with the NL on or before September 1, 2016 as per our NL Rules.

Please know that NL Rules permit roster flexibility (adding, dropping players) during the NL season. The Roster Memo attached provides specific information.

We have provided a blank roster form for teams to use in state associations that may not have computer generated approved rosters. Also attached is the State Association verification form that has already been sent to State Associations. Your state association will need to complete and file this form with the NL (also by September 1).

Team Fees
Team fees are due to NL by Wednesday, August 31, 2016
The team fee for all age groups is $2,750
payment can be made by check or credit card.
If paying by check the payment should be made out to US Youth Soccer and mailed to:
US Youth Soccer
National League Payment
9220 World Cup Way
Frisco TX 75033

There is a little more information for you Lordus_13.    I think I know who was on the NL roster, when the roster was verified and submitted, and who paid the fee to play in the National League.  

Apparently you Sir, are still trying to fight the cause that the Composite/Champions League team was the team playing in State Cup and it was not.  

National League (State Cup) team played games in North Carolina and Florida against teams that would have been the ECNL teams for their clubs IF they were in the ECNL.  We went into it with only 4 ECNL players and got our butts handed to us.  Those same 4 ECNL players played in State Cup because they were on the roster and did not take minutes from anyone.  They paid the fee to be on the roster and on the team.    

Composite team/Champions League (played in NTX and surrounding areas)  Also played Vegas Players Showcase and were bracketed incorrectly because they too were confused with the team above so they ended up in the wrong division. They also got their butts handed to them and did not have any of the above mentioned ECNL players as they were not on their roster.  

No one on that NL team is looking elsewhere.   Maybe some girls on the Composite team are but I guarantee you, no one on the National League team is looking elsewhere as they ALL with either be DA or ECNL next year with Solar.  

So you see, two separate teams, two separate rosters but again I see how you can be confused.  Poor you!  You think you know everything when really you know nothing!  Deuces and I'm done entertaining you.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ddsinsoccer 17/05/17, 08:39 am

socceraunt22 wrote:hope 2dds didn't strain anything trying to explain that.

Bottom line is that solar loaded up and played a largely ecnl lineup so it could win this  cup.   Congrats to all the other clubs that had the guts to play their regular  lineups.  hats off especially to the gutsy Flanagan Royal team.  

I think they were largely  8th graders, LHGCL D2, who went toe to toe with Solar in semis.  score was 1-1 at half.  Sting ought to be very proud of its showing and the beautiful soccer played by Coach Flanagan's young ladies.  

LOL!  No sweetie, I don't have to strain.   I deal in facts.   I guess most of you don't know what National League is and you think that Hopkins Composite team is the team that played in State Cup and he added ECNL players to win when quite frankly it was just the opposite. His Composite players were added to the National League team.    

I also didn't have to create me a new Avatar just to post on this topic.  I am not one to hide behind a screen name but nice try though.    In short don't come for me unless I send for you.  State Cup is over, Solar won.  Deal with it.
2ddsinsoccer
2ddsinsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Koba 17/05/17, 11:29 am

socceraunt22 wrote:

Now that's funny. I wouldn't call what we saw this past weekend...Sting Flan Royal's 'regular lineup'. CPP rules for State Cup are loosely goosey
Koba
Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsides 17/05/17, 12:51 pm

You really dont want to make 2dds mad she will hunt you down in the parking lot and take you out with a lawn chair.. You all need to get over it not Solars fault they are loaded with great players. Heck if your dd is good enough they will even have a spot for her..

Offsides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_in_the_grass 17/05/17, 11:51 pm

Koba wrote:
socceraunt22 wrote:

Now that's funny. I wouldn't call what we saw this past weekend...Sting Flan Royal's 'regular lineup'.  CPP rules for State Cup are loosely goosey

For your info, Sting Flan Royal did have CPP's from a lower D1 team. NO ECNL or Comp players. And even then, they held those "studs" off pretty well for a D2 team. Hats off to those girls and Flan.

IMO, the system is out of balance. There should never be an ECNL/Comp majority team, Solar or any club, playing against D1/D2 teams. It's like having the Varsity play the Freshman team. Just not fair. But as we know, life isn't fair and several teams learned that this weekend.

kick_in_the_grass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2