North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Talent Pool  - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Talent Pool

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 5 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 10:27 pm

HomeStretch wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:
Zizou wrote:DA allows a player to be pulled from a roster to play another sport and then be placed back on the roster when done. Hey that special player has options they can explore.

There's no guarantee that player can get her spot back. Not every "elite" player that was on a clubs JDL or D1 is going DA. I just find it mind blowing that you have all this time to study every player at every club and gather all this information to make that claim. Abby Wambach played high school basketball while playing high level soccer. So your saying that if the next Abby or whoever is on a basketball or volleyball court, Jill Ellis or G Geurrieri or any other D1 coach is going to pass on her. U think not. A coaches job is to find talent not ignore it.

The game has changed.  If Abby were coming through now, she'd have a much harder time dominating using physical attributes. The type of players Jill or the top D1 coaches will salivate over may indeed have been multi sport athletes in their youth...but somewhere in early teen years they would've had to have chosen soccer as their top sport. The quality internationally  in the younger generations is just not something the alex morgan / abby crowd had to deal with. A D1 coach may fill out his roster with these great, multisport athlete, low skill types today, but in 10 years we should hope the womens game has progressed to where those players cant even get starter spots on the back line of the top college programs...let alone leading the uswnt.
So you are saying the back line is where they put the ones that shouldn't start.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 10/07/17, 10:29 pm

HomeStretch wrote:
kick_tha_ball wrote:
Zizou wrote:DA allows a player to be pulled from a roster to play another sport and then be placed back on the roster when done. Hey that special player has options they can explore.

There's no guarantee that player can get her spot back. Not every "elite" player that was on a clubs JDL or D1 is going DA. I just find it mind blowing that you have all this time to study every player at every club and gather all this information to make that claim. Abby Wambach played high school basketball while playing high level soccer. So your saying that if the next Abby or whoever is on a basketball or volleyball court, Jill Ellis or G Geurrieri or any other D1 coach is going to pass on her. U think not. A coaches job is to find talent not ignore it.

The game has changed.  If Abby were coming through now, she'd have a much harder time dominating using physical attributes. The type of players Jill or the top D1 coaches will salivate over may indeed have been multi sport athletes in their youth...but somewhere in early teen years they would've had to have chosen soccer as their top sport. The quality internationally  in the younger generations is just not something the alex morgan / abby crowd had to deal with. A D1 coach may fill out his roster with these great, multisport athlete, low skill types today, but in 10 years we should hope the womens game has progressed to where those players cant even get starter spots on the back line of the top college programs...let alone leading the uswnt.

So your saying there's no spot for the multi sport athlete. Guess we all better tell our 3yr old DDs to pick now or they won't have a shot in hell of playing past 7th grade.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/07/17, 10:31 pm

Got to love some scrappy forum folks.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/07/17, 11:42 pm

wazup wrote:
BigErn wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:LOL at some who feel that DA is a huge level above ECNL. Newsflash: DA doesn't get all the kids that they want. DA requires a significant level of sole dedication and investment in a single activity while excluding all other opportunities and experiences (like school sports, etc...) Some kids and families just don't want to play DA.  That leaves a significant talent pool in ECNL. DA is slightly better than ECNL in talent but significantly better in perception.

Like you CBT, we thought this ^ would be the case, but as much as it seems you'd like it to be true, it just didn't work that way --

The level between the DA and ECNL sides locally at U13-U15 aren't close ..... at all.

And since we're all adults here (might be a reach), how bout we leave the use of "LOL"s and "Newsflash"es to our daughters ... K?

Just getting a reality check here.

Given your statement that the DA and ECNL sides locally, in U13, U14, AND U15 aren't close - AT ALL - are you saying the 3 DA teams in each age group are better than all 5 ECNL teams?  Or only 2?  

Would you say that DA is CLEARLY above ECNL if, say, all 5 ECNL teams in an age group are better than one of the DA teams?

Good evening Wazup --

Granted ... My contention was very general, but all I did was make a statement based on the knowledge I have of what actually happened at Solar and FCD, plus applied a little common sense.  It is unequivocal at these two clubs (arguably the top two girls clubs in the State now and nothing suggest this will change in the near future) that 90+% of the top talent landed on the DA sides in U14s and U15s.  Additionally, some of the top talent from Sting, LP, D'Feet, Kicks and some from out of state (CA and OK) ended up at these two clubs in DA.  As I've mentioned, I don't have the scoop on Texans but I defer to Sheets when it comes to U15s which support my claim.  If the U13 and U14 Adames bunches decided to go dominate in the doldrums, I'd bet that decision was made more to appease the big boy (since it seems he isn't able man the sidelines at USSDA events), then anything else.

So yes ... once again ... I'd say that the U13-U15 DA sides are better than the ECNL in those groups, especially at FCD and Solar.  Going forward, you should expect an even greater discrepancy.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 10/07/17, 11:44 pm

Zizou, I can't wrap my mind around a scenario where DA makes ECNL fail considering there is so much demand for higher level leagues that there's also demand for TCL.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/07/17, 11:49 pm

SWINGIT!! wrote:
cr7futbol wrote:Ok,  Let's look at it this way.  Solar DA > Solar ECNL,  Texans DA < Texans ECNL,  FCD DA > FCD ECNL,  then you still have Feet/Kicks and Sting ECNL.  Still more teams and kids in ECNL but outside of Texans not sure you can say ECNL 05 is greater than DA.    For ECNL just one persons very early ECNL Ranks  1. Texans 2. Feet/Kicks 3A Solar 3B FCD and 5. Sting.   If you use this then you still have DA over ECNL with question of ARE the DA teams better than Texans and Feet/Kicks?    Time will provide these answers.
How do we know FCD DA> FCD ECNL? Same with SolarDA>Solar ECNL?

Easy peasy ...

The top teams and players from those clubs (along with top players from top teams at other clubs) accepted offers for the DA sides ... (i.e. Solar/FCD 03 ENCL is now Solar/FCD U15 DA, Solar 04 Pulp/FCD JDL Red (and top of Blue) is now Solar/FCD U14 DA).  

I hope that paints ya a purty clear picture.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/07/17, 11:57 pm

ElClassico wrote:One thing everyone is glossing over in all of this...

The old system has proven itself with players at top colleges, national team players, international players and most importantly international trophies.

USSF has managed nothing with the men...for decades.

So before we start celebrating DA as the best thing since sliced bread while at the same time declaring ECNL dead, why not let it play out for a few years?

This ^ argument never gets old (nor does it ever hold any merit) does it?

What will ultimately determine the success (and eventual downfall of the other) of one or the other is but one question ...

Where the D1 college coaches go to recruit?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 11/07/17, 12:13 am

BigErn wrote:
wazup wrote:
BigErn wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:LOL at some who feel that DA is a huge level above ECNL. Newsflash: DA doesn't get all the kids that they want. DA requires a significant level of sole dedication and investment in a single activity while excluding all other opportunities and experiences (like school sports, etc...) Some kids and families just don't want to play DA.  That leaves a significant talent pool in ECNL. DA is slightly better than ECNL in talent but significantly better in perception.

Like you CBT, we thought this ^ would be the case, but as much as it seems you'd like it to be true, it just didn't work that way --

The level between the DA and ECNL sides locally at U13-U15 aren't close ..... at all.

And since we're all adults here (might be a reach), how bout we leave the use of "LOL"s and "Newsflash"es to our daughters ... K?

Given your statement that the DA and ECNL sides locally, in U13, U14, AND U15 aren't close - AT ALL - are you saying the 3 DA teams in each age group are better than all 5 ECNL teams?  Or only 2?  

Would you say that DA is CLEARLY above ECNL if, say, all 5 ECNL teams in an age group are better than one of the DA teams?

Good evening Wazup --

Granted ... My contention was very general, but all I did was make a statement based on the knowledge I have of what actually happened at Solar and FCD, plus applied a little common sense.  It is unequivocal at these two clubs (arguably the top two girls clubs in the State now and nothing suggest this will change in the near future) that 90+% of the top talent landed on the DA sides in U14s and U15s.  Additionally, some of the top talent from Sting, LP, D'Feet, Kicks and some from out of state (CA and OK) ended up at these two clubs in DA.  As I've mentioned, I don't have the scoop on Texans but I defer to Sheets when it comes to U15s which support my claim.  If the U13 and U14 Adames bunches decided to go dominate in the doldrums, I'd bet that decision was made more to appease the big boy (since it seems he isn't able man the sidelines at USSDA events), then anything else.

So yes ... once again ... I'd say that the U13-U15 DA sides are better than the ECNL in those groups, especially at FCD and Solar.  Going forward, you should expect an even greater discrepancy.

Are you serious?

You are trying to argue that 90% of the top talent in U14 landed on a DA team? Lol

Let's assume roughly 20 per team - 60 players total. 90% means 54 of the 60 top players are on DA teams - the other 6 are the only ones that could be replaced by players on Feet (Rush), DTS, and possibly playing elsewhere who, for various reasons, didn't try for DA.

Brother, I want some of what you are smoking!

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/17, 01:00 am

wazup wrote:
BigErn wrote:
wazup wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Good evening Wazup --

Brother --

While I've come to expect that you aren't gonna be one of the kids that will read anything I post all the way through, I'd expect that you'd at least read through the whole sentence in which you are using a portion of to base your entire "lol" argument against me.

Are you serious?  Wait a sec, lemme check ..... yep, I'm serious.

You are trying to argue that 90% of the top talent in U14 landed on a DA team?  Lol ... there's that ole effeminate remark once again questionably popping up in adult conversation.

Let's assume roughly 20 per team - 60 players total.  90% means 54 of the 60 top players are on DA teams - the other 6 are the only ones that could be replaced by players on Feet (Rush), DTS, and possibly playing elsewhere who, for various reasons, didn't try for DA.  Rush huh?  A couple of those kids did come out to DA tryouts ... 1 of em ended up accepting an ECNL spot.  And in the past hour or so I've already touched why DTS likely went the way of ECNL over DA at Texans (if this is indeed the case).

Brother, I want some of what you are smoking! < C'mon ... you're better than that.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 05:58 am

Talent Pool  - Page 5 Img_4412

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wazup 11/07/17, 06:02 am

So, because you saw "a couple" Rush kids out at FCD DA tryouts, you can extrapolate across the entire team?  If that's your claim, sir, you are an idiot.  For all you know, those kids were riding the pine at Rush.

And as for  whatever reason DTS girls are playing ECNL, nonetheless, the fact remains that numerous girls on that team could be playing DA for Texans, or likely a couple bumping girls from FCD or Solar.

Not arguing that FCD and Solar don't have some great talent - maybe 90% of the top 40.  Also fairly certain that a few of those girls could be replaced with better talent not playing DA.  Even if YOU ASSume that the 40 there are the best in NTX and no one in NTX could replace them, there is no doubt in my mind that well more than 6 on the Texans roster could be upgraded with girls from FCD or Solar ECNL, Feet, or DTS.

While your "knowledge" may be based on FCD and Solar, you then state that the 90% of talent landed on the 3 DA teams.

Just another case of BigE over-stating the numbers..  And by the way, ever track down those $100 movie channels?

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 11/07/17, 07:10 am

BigErn wrote:
SWINGIT!! wrote:
cr7futbol wrote:Ok,  Let's look at it this way.  Solar DA > Solar ECNL,  Texans DA < Texans ECNL,  FCD DA > FCD ECNL,  then you still have Feet/Kicks and Sting ECNL.  Still more teams and kids in ECNL but outside of Texans not sure you can say ECNL 05 is greater than DA.    For ECNL just one persons very early ECNL Ranks  1. Texans 2. Feet/Kicks 3A Solar 3B FCD and 5. Sting.   If you use this then you still have DA over ECNL with question of ARE the DA teams better than Texans and Feet/Kicks?    Time will provide these answers.
How do we know FCD DA> FCD ECNL? Same with SolarDA>Solar ECNL?

Easy peasy ...

The top teams and players from those clubs (along with top players from top teams at other clubs) accepted offers for the DA sides ... (i.e. Solar/FCD 03 ENCL is now Solar/FCD U15 DA, Solar 04 Pulp/FCD JDL Red (and top of Blue) is now Solar/FCD U14 DA).  

I hope that paints ya a purty clear picture.
Well considering we were talking about 05's, your picture is as clear as mud.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/17, 07:46 am

Then take it to the 05's forum and call it 05 talent pool. This might clear up some of your mud.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 11/07/17, 08:00 am

Zizou wrote:Then take it to the 05's forum and call it 05 talent pool. This might clear up some of your mud.
Reading comprehension is always good as well.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 08:04 am

Zizou wrote:Then take it to the 05's forum and call it 05 talent pool. This might clear up some of your mud.
Maybe if you read for 10 years too, you would be educated in comprehension.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/17, 08:14 am

wazup wrote:So, because you saw "a couple" Rush kids out at FCD DA tryouts, you can extrapolate across the entire team?  If that's your claim, sir, you are an idiot.  For all you know, those kids were riding the pine at Rush.

And as for  whatever reason DTS girls are playing ECNL, nonetheless, the fact remains that numerous girls on that team could be playing DA for Texans, or likely a couple bumping girls from FCD or Solar.

Not arguing that FCD and Solar don't have some great talent - maybe 90% of the top 40.  Also fairly certain that a few of those girls could be replaced with better talent not playing DA.  Even if YOU ASSume that the 40 there are the best in NTX and no one in NTX could replace them, there is no doubt in my mind that well more than 6 on the Texans roster could be upgraded with girls from FCD or Solar ECNL, Feet, or DTS.

While your "knowledge" may be based on FCD and Solar, you then state that the 90% of talent landed on the 3 DA teams.

Just another case of BigE over-stating the numbers..  And by the way, ever track down those $100 movie channels?
Which Texans team are you referring to that has six roster spots that could be replaced?

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 08:14 am

Is it a hard concept to grasp that each age group will have a different level of top talent associated with it.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 08:18 am

Cleansheets wrote:
wazup wrote:So, because you saw "a couple" Rush kids out at FCD DA tryouts, you can extrapolate across the entire team?  If that's your claim, sir, you are an idiot.  For all you know, those kids were riding the pine at Rush.

Which Texans team are you referring to that has six roster spots that could be replaced?
I am sure the 05 Texans DA team has more than that. Shocked

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/17, 08:27 am

Gotcha, it appears the 05's have taken over the General Discussion board.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 08:41 am

Cleansheets wrote:Gotcha, it appears the 05's have taken over the General Discussion board.
Well I don't know of another team that would qualify right off hand. I do know of many DD that decided against DA in many of the age groups. As far as one particular team? That is the one I would cull out.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 08:45 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Is it a hard concept to grasp that each age group will have a different level of top talent associated with it.
I guess it is.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/17, 08:49 am

Cleansheets wrote:Gotcha, it appears the 05's have taken over the General Discussion board.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/17, 08:54 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:Arrow Yes Then take it to the 05's forum and call it 05 talent pool. This might clear up some of your mud.

You might want to read the original post for the thread. Oh that might be way past your comprehension. Or maybe bring something to the conversation other than your ass-hole.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 09:01 am

OP is tagged in general discussion.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 09:03 am

Admin please change General Discussion to read as follows.
General Discussion Topics '10-'98, 05

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 09:05 am

Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:Arrow Yes Then take it to the 05's forum and call it 05 talent pool. This might clear up some of your mud.

You might want to read the original post for the thread. Oh that might be way past your comprehension. Or maybe bring something to the conversation other than your ass-hole.
Apparently I am not very good at General Discussion, can I interest you in a smart ass comment instead.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next