North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL refs Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LHGCL refs

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LHGCL refs Empty LHGCL refs

Post by Woodian 08/10/17, 03:37 pm

More than once this season the refs have completely lost control of games. It’s cost a couple of players injured. It’s so bad there have almost been fisticuffs in a couple of games. Girls are mouthy and simply ignore or walk all over the refs.

It’s been trending this way for a couple of years but this year is out of hand.

Is anyone else seeing this in their games?

Woodian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

LHGCL refs Empty Re: LHGCL refs

Post by Zizou 08/10/17, 07:50 pm

Are you sure it has everything to do with poor referees? Level of play? Level of coaching?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodian 08/10/17, 08:18 pm

Poor play/coaching is usually the initiating factor to the girls being slow or sloppy. However when girls are body slamming, two hand shoving, getting tackled by the goalie, and cussing at the ref with no call from him, that’s all on the ref. It’s happened to some degree in every one of our games this season.

Woodian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 08/10/17, 08:28 pm

Players teams and coaches that have less talent tend to lean towards aggressive tactics.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodian 08/10/17, 08:42 pm

I mostly agree with you. However, crappy play doesn’t absolve the ref of being in control of the game. If anything, that means they have to call the game even closer so it doesn’t morph into a MMA match.

Woodian
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RTD05 08/10/17, 11:32 pm

Woodian wrote:More than once this season the refs have completely lost control of games. It’s cost a couple of players injured. It’s so bad there have almost been fisticuffs in a couple of games.  Girls are mouthy and simply ignore or walk all over the refs.

Unfortunately, I think your observation is accurate. There seems to be more games with refs who do not do their job well enough to keep their games under control. Hopefully, that trend changes, but I’m not sure if anything proactive is being done to try to change that.

RTD05
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 09/10/17, 09:41 am

Zizou wrote:Players teams and coaches that have less talent tend to lean towards aggressive tactics.

and since there are more less-talented skilled players than there are talented skilled players and teams, the lesser skilled players & teams try and compete (overcome skill gap) through aggressive and physical play.

Yes the refs and leagues could tighten up the calls, and encourage a skill based environment, but what impact would that have on participation levels ($)?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RTD05 09/10/17, 10:08 am

Zizou wrote:Yes the refs and leagues could tighten up the calls, but what impact would that have on participation levels ($)?

Whether you call it “tightening up” the calls or just making the calls that should be made, that would tend to reduce injuries over time, which I think would increase participation levels.

If you are saying LH cannot hire good refs for all games without raising league fees, then I would love to see LH say that and tell us how much more LH believes it would cost. By the way, I think some of the refs out there are really good on a consistent basis, but then there is the other group ...

RTD05
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer1010 09/10/17, 10:20 am

Poor play/coaching is usually the initiating factor to the girls being slow or sloppy. However when girls are body slamming, two hand shoving, getting tackled by the goalie, and cussing at the ref with no call from him, that’s all on the ref. It’s happened to some degree in every one of our games this season.

"Happened...in every game"???

Q: So what are the only constants "in every game" your team has played?
A: Your parents, your players, and your coaches.

Maybe you should start your analysis there.

soccer1010
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer1010 09/10/17, 10:34 am

Woodian wrote:Poor play/coaching is usually the initiating factor to the girls being slow or sloppy. However when girls are body slamming, two hand shoving, getting tackled by the goalie, and cussing at the ref with no call from him, that’s all on the ref. It’s happened to some degree in every one of our games this season.

A: Your parents, your players, and your coaches.

soccer1010
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 09/10/17, 01:19 pm

soccer1010 wrote:Poor play/coaching is usually the initiating factor to the girls being slow or sloppy. However when girls are body slamming, two hand shoving, getting tackled by the goalie, and cussing at the ref with no call from him, that’s all on the ref.

A: Your parents, your players, and your coaches.

I think it is the other way around.  

Players are slow or sloppy because of their level of athleticism, agility and speed.

Coaches and players then specifically try and compensate for that with the tactics highlighted above as aggression and physical play is a much quicker way to close the gap than skill.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 09/10/17, 01:48 pm

Woodian wrote:More than once this season the refs have completely lost control of games. It’s cost a couple of players injured. It’s so bad there have almost been fisticuffs in a couple of games.  Girls are mouthy and simply ignore or walk all over the refs.

Also, the grass is green.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 10/10/17, 08:41 am

Zizou wrote:Players teams and coaches that have less talent tend to lean towards aggressive tactics.
Very True.

Woodian wrote:I mostly agree with you. However, crappy play doesn’t absolve the ref of being in control of the game. If anything, that means they have to call the game even closer so it doesn’t morph into a MMA match.
Also very true.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 12/10/17, 09:17 am

Easy to blame the referees for the actions of the players.

Blame the parents
1. kids are a mirror of their parents.
2. Most parents would rather complain the go take the referee course and help out.

With that said, yes there are good and bad referees.

Still the responsibility is on the players, parents, coaches to teach fair play.

DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rcjctcac 12/10/17, 12:46 pm

Could not agree more, DallasMessi . I would have my kid off the field before the ref. had a chance to blow the whistle, so would her Coach.
rcjctcac
rcjctcac
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/10/17, 01:53 pm

DallasMessi wrote:Easy to blame the referees for the actions of the players.

Blame the parents
1. kids are a mirror of their parents.
2. Most parents would rather complain the go take the referee course and help out.

With that said, yes there are good and bad referees.  

Still the responsibility is on the players, parents, coaches to teach fair play.  

Let me pile on here. You can blame the ref, parents, cartoons, friends whatever. Does not matter. The fact is there will always be those that take it to the next level with aggression. Those that take it to the next level and have the skill to back it up and even those that simply fall down in a light breeze. Let me be clear I am not talking about dirty play, just physical. Soccer is a physical sport it is not basketball where apparently you can not go near them anymore. You will run into folks and folks will fall down. Basic physics principles that you guys all failed in college. Way too much is blamed on the ref and parents when it is just soccer.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 12/10/17, 05:01 pm

Also I have seen where many complaints are just the parent not understanding the rules.

Push in the back that ginuinely causes a player to go down (in opinion of a referee) in is a foul.

Shoulder to shoulder tackles to win the ball is not a foul unless recklass or dangerous.

Hand ball is a foul only if intentionally touched.

These are commo misunderstood rules.

DM
DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 12/10/17, 10:40 pm

DallasMessi wrote:Also I have seen where many complaints are just the parent not understanding the rules.

Push in the back that ginuinely causes a player to go down (in opinion of a referee) in is a foul.

Shoulder to shoulder tackles to win the ball is not a foul unless recklass  or dangerous.

Hand ball is a foul only if intentionally touched.

These are commo misunderstood rules.

DM

Hand balls are misunderstood by parents and referees. You reference a foul only if intentionally touched. This is not true. Many refs have this "ball to hand" versus "hand to ball" distinction, relying on a common interpretation of intentional. But, the word in the rule is deliberate, not intentional. So, the issue really should come down to where the hand is when the ball hits it. If you have your hands straight up over your head, it doesn't matter if the 'ball hit the hands' because they were in a deliberately unnatural position. But, we often see referees allow a no-call when a shot is blocked by a defenders hands that are straight out, far from their sides. This should be a call because the hands are in an unnatural place, no matter if the player moved toward the ball or not. This has been discussed in referee clinics, but still there are some referees with significant experience who can't get this right.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/10/17, 11:21 pm

FIFA definition

Intentional - a deliberate action (not an accident)

I didn't find a specific FIFA definition for deliberate, but it appears to be (not an accident).

I've seen handling called many times on player that had their back turned and never had a clue it was coming. Apparently they deliberately handled a ball they didn't know was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 13/10/17, 03:35 am

OLJW wrote:FIFA definition

I didn't find a specific FIFA definition for deliberate, but it appears to be (not an accident).

I've seen handling called many times on player that had their back turned and never had a clue it was coming. Apparently they deliberately handled a ball they didn't know was there.

That is exactly right. You don't have to intentionally touch the ball. You have to deliberately put your hands in an unnatural position (I believe that is the language used in the decisions). Turning your back is a perfect example. If I am in a one-man wall, and I turn away from the shooter but put my hands straight out, making me as big as possible, it doesn't matter that I didn't intentionally hit the ball, or swing at the ball, or take any additional action -- if the ball hits my outstretched hand, it is deliberate handling. Intention or ball to hand don't matter.

Intention likewise doesn't matter as to why my hand and arm may be in an unnatural position -- if they are outstretched, my intention is not a consideration. If the ball hits an outstretched arm, it is a foul. If the ball hits an arm in a natural running position, it is not a foul (unless I clearly put my arm in that position to touch the ball).

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 13/10/17, 06:20 am

The refs have gotten as worthless as most coaches out there to pay their electric bill. It would be better to assign 2 parents from each team and pay them the fees.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer1010 13/10/17, 09:09 am

Medicine Man wrote:The refs have gotten as worthless as most coaches out there to pay their electric bill. It would be better to assign 2 parents from each team and pay them the fees.

Are you volunteering?  I'm sure we can find a ref class convenient for you to attend and would love to have your help.  Do it - I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised at how differently you watch a game.

soccer1010
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerPunch 13/10/17, 09:44 am

#SoccerLivesMatter

SoccerPunch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 13/10/17, 10:04 am

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:
OLJW wrote:FIFA definition

That is exactly right.  You don't have to intentionally touch the ball.  You have to deliberately put your hands in an unnatural position (I believe that is the language used in the decisions).  Turning your back is a perfect example.  If I am in a one-man wall, and I turn away from the shooter but put my hands straight out, making me as big as possible, it doesn't matter that I didn't intentionally hit the ball, or swing at the ball, or take any additional action -- if the ball hits my outstretched hand, it is deliberate handling.  Intention or ball to hand don't matter.  

Intention likewise doesn't matter as to why my hand and arm may be in an unnatural position -- if they are outstretched, my intention is not a consideration.  If the ball hits an outstretched arm, it is a foul.  If the ball hits an arm in a natural running position, it is not a foul (unless I clearly put my arm in that position to touch the ball).
Had a ref explain to me once that if you jumped in the air and your hands went up above your head that was considered a natural action and it could be conceived that it would not be a handling call if ball were to touch the players arm. Infuriating to say the least.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasMessi 13/10/17, 10:37 am

putting your hands in an unnatural position (to make self bigger) is a deliberate/intentional act and is a hand ball foul, if that is the referee's opinion.

DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next