North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 SRPL Just Started Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

05 SRPL Just Started

Go down

05 SRPL Just Started Empty 05 SRPL Just Started

Post by OkieEnergyDad 22/01/18, 07:18 pm

SRPL got underway this past weekend in Dallas. Both OEFC Energy squads, east and central, walked away 2-0 on the weekend leaving Dallas Texans West and Liverpool Elite 0-2. What are your thoughts on the weekend and the league? This is our first time in this league so we weren't sure what it was going to be like. Is Liverpool Elite always that physical, 4 yellow cards, or did we just catch them on a bad day? Looking forward to any conversation about the league. We are excited to face some good clubs and teams. Don't get me started on the state of OK soccer politics...lol.
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

05 SRPL Just Started Empty Re: 05 SRPL Just Started

Post by Foxysoccermom 22/01/18, 08:00 pm

OkieEnergyDad wrote:SRPL got underway this past weekend in Dallas.  Both OEFC Energy squads, east and central, walked away 2-0 on the weekend leaving Dallas Texans West and Liverpool Elite 0-2.  What are your thoughts on the weekend and the league?  This is our first time in this league so we weren't sure what it was going to be like.  Is Liverpool Elite always that physical, 4 yellow cards, or did we just catch them on a bad day?  Looking forward to any conversation about the league.  We are excited to face some good clubs and teams.  Don't get me started on the state of OK soccer politics...lol.

I heard it was headed down hill so they reached out to Ok to keep the money rolling.

Regards

Foxy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 22/01/18, 08:17 pm

It's so watered down now good luck finding any big fish in the fake lakes in TX.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 22/01/18, 08:50 pm

Sounds about right.  Looks like we will see what we are made of in the Dallas International Cup and President's Day Cup in Phoenix.  I guess the only quality "leagues" are ECNL and DA these days...
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 22/01/18, 08:54 pm

That's what they say let us know the facts.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 23/01/18, 07:14 am

OkieEnergyDad wrote:SRPL got underway this past weekend in Dallas.  Both OEFC Energy squads, east and central, walked away 2-0 on the weekend leaving Dallas Texans West and Liverpool Elite 0-2.  What are your thoughts on the weekend and the league?  This is our first time in this league so we weren't sure what it was going to be like.  Is Liverpool Elite always that physical, 4 yellow cards, or did we just catch them on a bad day?  Looking forward to any conversation about the league.  We are excited to face some good clubs and teams.  Don't get me started on the state of OK soccer politics...lol.
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/01/18, 07:59 am

Well played FroZone. Well played ...

Made for a fantastic start to the day!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/01/18, 08:25 am

OkieEnergyDad wrote:Sounds about right.  Looks like we will see what we are made of in the Dallas International Cup and President's Day Cup in Phoenix.  I guess the only quality "leagues" are ECNL and DA these days...

Good mornin' Okie --

Wondering if you have been able to find an 'accepted teams' list for SC del Sol PDT?  My middle kid will be out there playing ... should be a lot of fun.  And yes -- I'd expect you guys will get some good comp at DIGC.

On another note ... There has been talk of GDA expanding Frontier Division to include one of the OK clubs ... Have you guys heard anything about this up north?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 23/01/18, 08:28 am

My money on the Okie.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 23/01/18, 08:49 am

Okie- those are good results. LP is a good side and Texans West is the Texans 2nd best team behind their ECNL side.  Were the games competitive?
And yes, you will be tested in DGIC.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball 23/01/18, 09:24 am

Big Ern wrote:
OkieEnergyDad wrote:Sounds about right.  Looks like we will see what we are made of in the Dallas International Cup and President's Day Cup in Phoenix.  I guess the only quality "leagues" are ECNL and DA these days...

Good mornin' Okie --

Wondering if you have been able to find an 'accepted teams' list for SC del Sol PDT?  My middle kid will be out there playing ... should be a lot of fun.  And yes -- I'd expect you guys will get some good comp at DIGC.

On another note ... There has been talk of GDA expanding Frontier Division to include one of the OK clubs ... Have you guys heard anything about this up north?

Big Ern -
OEFC put all of its focus on DA this year and didn't apply to ECNL. This includes meetings as opposed to just submitting an application. In the past OFC (now part of OEFC) had applied to ECNL and never got the invite. As you are probably aware, TSC declined its DA invite last year and stayed with ECNL. All things considered (i.e. OEFC, fka Oklahoma FC, Tulsa Blitz and Candadian Valley now combined; the new partnership with USL club Energy; larger sponsors) I'm pretty optimistic OEFC does get an invite. Invites announced in February....care to take an educated guess?

Knuckleball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 23/01/18, 09:25 am

Sounds like it was another red river shootout should have brought the football pads sounds like.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 23/01/18, 10:30 am

Big Ern wrote:

Good mornin' Okie --

It will depend on the fields that are available to play on during the tournament. We played the tournament at a complex that the fields were dirt. Players looked like pig pen from the peanuts running around with a cloud of dust following them. Lost the final in pk’s to Hawaii Rush.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/01/18, 10:52 am

Knuckleball wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Good mornin' Okie --

Big Ern -
OEFC put all of its focus on DA this year and didn't apply to ECNL.  This includes meetings as opposed to just submitting an application.  In the past OFC (now part of OEFC) had applied to ECNL and never got the invite.  As you are probably aware, TSC declined its DA invite last year and stayed with ECNL.  All things considered (i.e. OEFC, fka Oklahoma FC, Tulsa Blitz and Candadian Valley now combined; the new partnership with USL club Energy; larger sponsors) I'm pretty optimistic OEFC does get an invite.  Invites announced in February....care to take an educated guess?

Thanks Knuckle for the info and insight --

To be honest ... I was beatin' around the bush a bit earlier -- From what I hear, there isn't much doubt that OEFC will get the nod.  Also wouldn't be surprised if Houston gets another GDA club ... AHFC are the best bet there.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 23/01/18, 11:30 am

As far as this weekend’s competition we won 2-0, 1-0 and east won 3-0, 2-0. I cant speak for east but we had 9 girls at practice thurs. We had to bring up girls from our 2nd team and girls playing on one leg due to flu and injuries. We didn’t know if we would even have enough to play so escaping 2-0 on the weekend was a nice surprise.

As far as DA, the rumor is that we got it and it should be announced in February. Will be interested to see what happens after that. Two fairly strong clubs, Norman Celtic and Southlakes Cosmos are on our side of the state but recently jumped in the boat with TSC when the state split this past year. So with DA as a close option for some of their players, will they stay with their current clubs or will there be some movement?
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 23/01/18, 11:42 am

W Blitz in Tulsa coming on board sounds like there's really on 2 options in Oklahoma for the platforms and everybody else.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 23/01/18, 11:48 am

I forgot to answer the question about accepted teams to SC Del Sol Presidents Day Cup...no, I have not been able to find an accepted list anywhere. I found a list of clubs but that doesn’t help much.
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 23/01/18, 11:54 am

The trend in Oklahoma is the same that's happening here as well....Mutiny is just the icing on the cake more will be consolidated and monopolized.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 23/01/18, 12:48 pm

I have heard RISE in Houston is likely to get the older groups (they are already in the pilot for U12 boys and U13 girls) for next year. But I suspect there may be other clubs applying in Houston as well.

I have also heard positive vibes regarding the OEFC getting the nod in Oklahoma.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball 23/01/18, 01:46 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Good mornin' Okie --

PDT if you haven't gotten it yet
http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=59051

Knuckleball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 23/01/18, 02:23 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Good mornin' Okie --

PDT if you haven't gotten it yet
http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=59051

Much appreciated Sir ... Good luck out there!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 23/01/18, 02:25 pm

Yes! Thank you for the link!
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down