North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Announcing New Club Invites - Page 13 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Announcing New Club Invites

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Announcing New Club Invites - Page 13 Empty Re: Announcing New Club Invites

Post by OkieEnergyDad 03/03/18, 09:49 am

918soccer wrote:
Big Ole Soccer Balls wrote:
TulsaFootballDad wrote:Oh right TSC has been so worried about the talent levels from OFC/Blitz and Canadian Valley. We have consistently beat them all over the years. Your talking out your blow hole. We have very few players that come from the west side of the state those players usually go to Dallas. So no big loss. We will see how many Energy players move over to Celtic to play ECNL next year. Besides we are still awaiting the new DA club announcements. If you believe every DA Club and team is the Elite of the Elite maybe a cold shower will wake you from that opiod dream your living.

TSC recruits Blitz players every year, and from what I hear if you check the younger age groups TSC doesn't dominate like they once did.... why is that? Oh because they aren't relying on Blitz to develop their players. After the 05' age group I'm not sure TSC has the top team in any of the lower leagues. So, good luck.... we know why you are so defensive. The landscape is a changing.... I think I just felt one of your tears hit me.

The only two good girls teams at Blitz are the 06 and 05 teams and they moved from TSC. From what I hear, most are moving back because they don't want to travel 25 hours a week for practice in OKC for lower coaching and competition. DA is going to ruin Blitz.

Talking TSC is what 918 is all about. Somehow a discussion about Celtic comes back to how great TSC is...LOL

I have to know if you think the 05 coach, Hampton is lesser coaching...

OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 03/03/18, 09:55 am

KeeperCommander wrote:LP is great addition. Maybe not great in all ages but great.

New honcho Dade will have his work cut out for him on the recruiting trail. The 01's are D3. The 02's are mid-pack in Plano. The 04's a mix of D2/Plano. He's already taken over the D2 06 group.

Word has a few whole teams tired of being second (or third) banana are looking to sell flowers next year.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 03/03/18, 09:58 am

Energy, I wouldn’t call him a lesser coach I would say that we are comparing Club styles of play. OFC plays physical ball forward with big up front players. TSC plays inside outside attack with player and ball movement. Which one wins depends on the players in the match.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 03/03/18, 10:03 am

I thought he was saying Moritz was a better coach than Hampton...
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 03/03/18, 10:09 am

Not even remotely close! Hampton wins hands down there.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 03/03/18, 10:12 am

Defender_Dad wrote:
918soccer wrote:
OkieEnergyDad wrote:
918soccer wrote:State Cup is just a tournament Okie, not the criteria for DA. Not all teams play in the USYS State Cup and some teams like 05 TSC played in the 04 division last year. It's not a perfect representation of the quality of a club.

Not sure if you were mis-informed or flat out lying.  TSC 05 did not play up in the 04 State Cup.  That is completely and totally wrong.  All Celtic teams played in the state cup if they qualified.  It is a very good representation because it is the best team of each club playing each other.  The only club this doesn't apply to is TSC because their best teams are already playing ECNL.  All the other clubs in the state worth anything all want to win State.  Please don't just make up stuff to defend the Celtic getting into ECNL.  If you want to argue ranking over field results, then you have zero credibility.  

You seem to have a lot of pinned up anger towards Celtic and/or TSC and I’m not exactly sure what point you are trying to debate. My DD is on the 05 ECNL team. We did not play state cup last year and played up the year before.

In case your wondering, 05 TSC beat 04 OFC 2-0 in the state cup.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=50944&GroupID=519624

Regarding the 2017 state cup,  Celtic beat OFC in bracket and OFC beat Celtic in the finals. Is that your evidence of superiority? IT’S ONE TOURNAMENT AND YOU SPLIT GAMES! On top of that, Celtic made it to the finals of every single age group in the 2017 State Cup. That’s a pretty tall feat for any club, let alone one that’s a fifth of the size of Energy. Look, it doesn’t matter if you compare rankings or state cup performances, both show Energy to have one or two good teams and Celtic to have good teams in every age group. I will leave it up to the forum to decide which makes for a better club.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=56469&GroupID=584011

Ok. Gotta admit, I don't follow Oklahoma soccer being that I'm not from there. As far as I'm concerned, you play who play and do your best. But are you guys quarreling over 4 clubs or 2. Who's Energy, NYSA, OFC and Celtic?

Blitz and OFC are Energy. Celtic is a separate club. Celtic and OFC/Energy are in OKC and don't currently have ECNL or DA. Blitz/Energy is in Tulsa. There is talk that OFC/Energy got DA and Celtic got ECNL. As soon as that discussion hit the forums, 2-3 Energy parents (or coaches) immediately began attacking Celtic for getting ECNL on this forum and the Oklahoma forum. Celtic parents are typically controlled so they haven't responded to the Energy inquisition, so I thought I would throw out my .02.

From my outside perspective (I'm in Tulsa and have played both clubs for years) OFC plays an aggressive style of kickball and Celtic plays more possession soccer, which is why I think OFC/Energy does better at the younger age groups but drops off at the 04,03,02 and 01 age groups - which of course are DA age groups.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 03/03/18, 10:25 am

918soccer wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
918soccer wrote:
OkieEnergyDad wrote:
918soccer wrote:State Cup is just a tournament Okie, not the criteria for DA. Not all teams play in the USYS State Cup and some teams like 05 TSC played in the 04 division last year. It's not a perfect representation of the quality of a club.

Not sure if you were mis-informed or flat out lying.  TSC 05 did not play up in the 04 State Cup.  That is completely and totally wrong.  All Celtic teams played in the state cup if they qualified.  It is a very good representation because it is the best team of each club playing each other.  The only club this doesn't apply to is TSC because their best teams are already playing ECNL.  All the other clubs in the state worth anything all want to win State.  Please don't just make up stuff to defend the Celtic getting into ECNL.  If you want to argue ranking over field results, then you have zero credibility.  

You seem to have a lot of pinned up anger towards Celtic and/or TSC and I’m not exactly sure what point you are trying to debate. My DD is on the 05 ECNL team. We did not play state cup last year and played up the year before.

In case your wondering, 05 TSC beat 04 OFC 2-0 in the state cup.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=50944&GroupID=519624

Regarding the 2017 state cup,  Celtic beat OFC in bracket and OFC beat Celtic in the finals. Is that your evidence of superiority? IT’S ONE TOURNAMENT AND YOU SPLIT GAMES! On top of that, Celtic made it to the finals of every single age group in the 2017 State Cup. That’s a pretty tall feat for any club, let alone one that’s a fifth of the size of Energy. Look, it doesn’t matter if you compare rankings or state cup performances, both show Energy to have one or two good teams and Celtic to have good teams in every age group. I will leave it up to the forum to decide which makes for a better club.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=56469&GroupID=584011

Ok. Gotta admit, I don't follow Oklahoma soccer being that I'm not from there. As far as I'm concerned, you play who play and do your best. But are you guys quarreling over 4 clubs or 2. Who's Energy, NYSA, OFC and Celtic?

Blitz and OFC are Energy. Celtic is a separate club. Celtic and OFC/Energy are in OKC and don't currently have ECNL or DA. Blitz/Energy is in Tulsa. There is talk that OFC/Energy got DA and Celtic got ECNL. As soon as that discussion hit the forums, 2-3 Energy parents (or coaches) immediately began attacking Celtic for getting ECNL on this forum and the Oklahoma forum. Celtic parents are typically controlled so they haven't responded to the Energy inquisition, so I thought I would throw out my .02.

From my outside perspective (I'm in Tulsa and have played both clubs for years) OFC plays an aggressive style of kickball and Celtic plays more possession soccer, which is why I think OFC/Energy does better at the younger age groups but drops off at the 04,03,02 and 01 age groups - which of course are DA age groups.

Energy parents aren't attacking Celtic at all. We are all trying to figure out how they got accepted when we were turned down repeatedly. It is a fair question to ask and I think it can be asked without putting down the Celtic. Of all the OK clubs we have faced, Celtic is my favorite. When the question was asked why they got accepted, TSC parents tried to falsely build up the Celtic and present it that they are ranked higher in 3 of the 5 age groups so they are better than OFC in the majority of the ECNL age groups. The data clearly does not support that. I still don't understand why so many TSC parents are running to defend Celtic getting in but was perfectly fine when OFC didn't get in? Does that make sense to anyone?

As far as style and all that speculation as to why you think there is drop off, I think it's more simple than that. It's just coaching. We need to get the coaches over those ages to be better.
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 03/03/18, 10:26 am

Where does NOKC fit in the mix?
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 03/03/18, 10:54 am

All I know is Energy has some cool A$$ uniforms and that should count for something.

-Foxy

It's not how you play it's how you look doing it.

Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 03/03/18, 11:05 am

jogobonito06 wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:LP is great addition. Maybe not great in all ages but great.

New honcho Dade will have his work cut out for him on the recruiting trail.  The 01's are D3.  The 02's are mid-pack in Plano.  The 04's a mix of D2/Plano.  He's already taken over the D2 06 group.

Word has a few whole teams tired of being second (or third) banana are looking to sell flowers next year.
Don’t think LP will come in here and rule any age group. They will be good comp in some and great in a few. Big question would be why someone wouldn’t want a club in like LP?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 03/03/18, 11:23 am

What's happened to 03, 04 and 05 LP Elite? werent they some of the best teams in TX a couple years ago?

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 03/03/18, 11:41 am

How many ECNL clubs are there going to be in NTX. I have lost count. Do we know yet how many DA clubs there will be?

We need a new list.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 03/03/18, 02:19 pm

Good luck in OK, back to NTX...... it is definitely humorous the love and hate the TSC guys have for each of the clubs being discussed..... I think some are a little nervous the landscape is a changing.... I’m out on the OK discussion, it will all shake out in the end.

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 03/03/18, 02:21 pm

NOKC and ESC combine to make OFC or Energy Central.... correct?

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 03/03/18, 02:45 pm

We got a new list coming and changes across the board. It's going to a big show!

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 03/03/18, 04:17 pm

Holy B-Geezous Med man, what are you doing posting informative information. https://youtu.be/fXO0v_EJ7sk. Interesting link about Pay to Play. Foxy has been preaching this as the problem for years. The whole problem has been created by the powers that be for greed and power. The simple answer has been under their nose for years. Work with the school systems. The clubs could feed into the schools who already have the facilities and infrastructure..."Hello!!!!!" Colleges could recruit from the High Schools like they do for...wait for it......Most other sports! What have the Clubs done instead? Frown upon HS play and push for a shorter season in HS. Football, Basketball, Volleyball and baseball all have a strong presence from MS to HS but not Soccer. A lot of DFW Middle Schools don't even offer soccer. Why is that Bigecorporatesoccer? Because it hurts profits. Nothing to do with growing a sport. Don't be fooled by the BS!

Down With DA!
Down with USSF!
Down with Bige!
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 03/03/18, 06:13 pm

Soccer could be great in the US couldn't it Foxy. The clubs are killing the sport.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 03/03/18, 09:32 pm

Hate to say it, but baseball and volleyball are also club sports and where college coaches recruit. No on recruits at high school level except football (ur throwball) and basketball.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 04/03/18, 06:58 am

RightWingDad wrote:Hate to say it, but baseball and volleyball are also club sports and where college coaches recruit. No on recruits at high school level except football (ur throwball) and basketball.
Baseball is still highly recruited at HS. Volleyball prob some but I would say it’s neck and neck with soccer’s HS recruiting.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 04/03/18, 08:05 am

918soccer wrote:What's happened to 03, 04 and 05 LP Elite? werent they some of the best teams in TX a couple years ago?

I think most of these teams/players went to ECNL and/or DA clubs.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 04/03/18, 08:11 am

I talked to several parents who agree HS is still a place that coaches look. Several kids have played in college and got more visibility from the school. Again they were state teams too. There's a huge free to play market that is untapped w loads of talent and recruiters know that. The question is whether we address a better platform for all soccer players or do we continue to close the sport to a small niche.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 04/03/18, 08:13 am

I think those teams were down before DA. However when you travel all the way to Regionals and get DQ’d....

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 04/03/18, 11:47 am

anothercrazysoccerdad wrote:
918soccer wrote:What's happened to 03, 04 and 05 LP Elite? werent they some of the best teams in TX a couple years ago?

I think most of these teams/players went to ECNL and/or DA clubs.
recent trip to DA showcase and turns out the plane could have been a LP elite reunion. Representing all different teams was good to see friends
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/03/18, 12:19 pm

Medicine Man wrote:I talked to several parents who agree HS is still a place that coaches look.

Ummm... ok. Keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep better at night.

Coaches will come to a HS game to watch a kid who's already gotten on their radar screen through seeing them at one of their ID camps or seeing them at a club showcase. Coaches aren't going to HS games to randomly scout for talent or watch some kid they've never seen before just because they got an e-mail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 04/03/18, 12:58 pm

I sleep like a baby.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 04/03/18, 08:19 pm

RightWingDad wrote:Hate to say it, but baseball and volleyball are also club sports and where college coaches recruit. No on recruits at high school level except football (ur throwball) and basketball.

It's the overall point and it's true of multiple sports, soccer being the worst. When Germany attacked Pearl Harbor did we nit pick how it was done? No we did what we had to do.

Down with Bige!
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next