North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

USYSA National League - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

USYSA National League

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

USYSA National League - Page 2 Empty Re: USYSA National League

Post by brokedawg 11/08/10, 08:30 am

I think Eclipse Select is going to have a team in the ECNL & National League this year. The Eclipse Select team that played in ECNL last year will be there again this year.

brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 11/08/10, 11:46 am

brokedawg wrote:I think Eclipse Select is going to have a team in the ECNL & National League this year. The Eclipse Select team that played in ECNL last year will be there again this year.

You know this how?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 11/08/10, 11:55 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:
brokedawg wrote:I think Eclipse Select is going to have a team in the ECNL & National League this year. The Eclipse Select team that played in ECNL last year will be there again this year.

You know this how?
I've got connections. Of course this was "off the record" but from a very good source. USYSA National League - Page 2 Icon_cool
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 12/08/10, 12:08 pm

So it is two different teams. Wow! So...instead of scoring one for USYSA...which is what I thought when I first saw this..it could be interpreted that USYSA accepted Eclipse Select's 2nd team for National League. That only furthers the notion that ECNL is...or will be eventually...the better league. Am I reading that correctly?
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 12/08/10, 03:26 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:So it is two different teams. Wow! So...instead of scoring one for USYSA...which is what I thought when I first saw this..it could be interpreted that USYSA accepted Eclipse Select's 2nd team for National League. That only furthers the notion that ECNL is...or will be eventually...the better league. Am I reading that correctly?
If my source is correct then you are reading it correctly. I guess we will know for certain once league play starts up again.
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 12/08/10, 04:32 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:So it is two different teams. Wow! So...instead of scoring one for USYSA...which is what I thought when I first saw this..it could be interpreted that USYSA accepted Eclipse Select's 2nd team for National League. That only furthers the notion that ECNL is...or will be eventually...the better league. Am I reading that correctly?

OR.....vice versa (with pinky finger to mouth like Dr. Evil)
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MauMau 12/08/10, 06:03 pm

Anything that reduces the Arrogance of NTSSA has my vote!
For 5 years, every time I've left that office, my hands have been clenched and a knot was in my stomach; execept for my last visit.
The competition might be working.
MauMau
MauMau
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 21/08/10, 08:38 am

brokedawg wrote:
If my source is correct then you are reading it correctly. I guess we will know for certain once league play starts up again.

Searching for "Eclipse Select" under U16 girls in GotSoccer pulls up two teams. One is designated as ECNL the other...if you look into their history...used to be called Eclipse Select South. The really interesting thing, if GotSoccer is correct...is that both are coached and managed by the same two people. The rosters are indeed different though.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 24/08/10, 11:13 am

It's pretty obvious that ECNL is taking over.

After this year, State Cup and the National Championships will be somewhat meaningless.

Makes Sting 95s championships in ECNL league play, ECNL championship tournament, and USYS National Championships all in the same year, an incredible youth soccer accomplishment.

MauMau ... now that's funny ... someone else said they had a new girl at the front desk.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 24/08/10, 12:15 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:
brokedawg wrote:

Searching for "Eclipse Select" under U16 girls in GotSoccer pulls up two teams. One is designated as ECNL the other...if you look into their history...used to be called Eclipse Select South. The really interesting thing, if GotSoccer is correct...is that both are coached and managed by the same two people. The rosters are indeed different though.

I'm sure you saw this ChelseaFan (btw, CFC sucks Razz), but I figured the others might not have. This is copy and pasted from bigsoccer regarding Eclipse Select and teams in both ECNL and National League:

Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM #18
tjdsocc
BigSoccer Member

Default Re: Playing ECNL and National League
Robinho, I confirmed it is the same team a week or so ago. They HAVE to roster half of their roster from that MRL team to play in the national league. Eclipse is doing whatever Eclipse want to do.

You can still play ECNL and play MRL ECNL did not prohibit that for 2010/2011. However, you can't just throw a team into the top flight of the MRL. Same rules apply, you have to roster half the kids from the previous year.

Hawks team that won MRL 2009/Fall League, that will be the same ECNL team. OP which won the Spring MRL, that will be the same ECNL team like this past year.

Last edited by Gunners on 24/08/10, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 24/08/10, 12:17 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:It's pretty obvious that ECNL is taking over.

After this year, State Cup and the National Championships will be somewhat meaningless.

Makes Sting 95s championships in ECNL league play, ECNL championship tournament, and USYS National Championships all in the same year, an incredible youth soccer accomplishment.

MauMau ... now that's funny ... someone else said they had a new girl at the front desk.

You can include LHGCL in this list as well.

For that matter, with the exception of the Premier League games, LHGCL is relatively meaningless this year.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 24/08/10, 04:07 pm

I still think that the whole ECNL vs. USYSA (PLW) thing is far from settled for next year. I hope that it does settle one way or the other though. To have to cater to travel needs of PLW, ECNL, and local leagues makes this much less fun and too %#*!expensive.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 24/08/10, 04:11 pm

[quote="Gunners"]

I'm sure you saw this ChelseaFan (btw, CFC sucks Razz), but I figured the others might not have. This is copy and pasted from bigsoccer regarding Eclipse Select and teams in both ECNL and National League:quote]

Gunners,
You can hate Chelsea all you want...but as long as you are still hating on top of the PL board...I am a happy camper! tongue
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 21/09/10, 05:25 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:
brokedawg wrote:

FYI...this was posted on BigSoccer Forum today:

This is my first post anywhere, ever on a soccer forum. I can clear up some Eclipse U16 confusion for you. The North and South U16 teams at Eclipse combined this year, along with a few really good new players. Eclipse posted a roster of 37 players, knowing they were going to have 2 teams - one to play in the USYS National League and one in the ECNL league. For NSR cup they divided the teams 'randomly' and called one ECNL and one the South although in reality they were all mixed up. The 'south' team won the tournament. A week later, Eclipse posted two teams - the ECNL and the National League team (which they are calling 'select'). The ECNL is the better team, although they played their first MRL Premiere game against each other and the ECNL team won 2-1 by scoring in the last 4 minutes. They are both good teams and both won last weekend in Iowa. Hope this helps.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2