North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Premier League - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Premier League

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Premier League - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League

Post by Arch Stanton 29/08/10, 03:39 pm

So far have heard,

Solar 6
North OKC 0

Feet 2
Tulsa Blitz 0

Great job N. Texas!

Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by malbec 29/08/10, 03:52 pm

Hurricane 5
Texans 0

Sting 5
TSC 0

malbec
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 29/08/10, 07:33 pm

-Sting still running on all cylinders. They are in a league of their own!! king

-Texans gave a beating to a very weak team Blitz, and then took a beating from a good team Hurricanes. Yikes! Shocked Not!

Another couple of upsets, and I predict there will be a coaching change coming.

-'Feet had a poor start to PL. They lost to Hurricanes 2 - 1 at ATF last Fall, and then again to Hurricanes 2 - 0 yesterday. Then, only win 2 - 0 against Blitz a very weak team and the worse team in PL last season who had 0 wins, 11 loses, and 40 GA.

Significant changes to their roster this season; three games within a week and no scoring machine has materialized for 'Feet. scratch

-Solar took care of business against two of the bottom three teams in PL last season, who had a combine record of 2 wins, 1 tie, 17 loses, and 88 GA.

Of the four teams from NTX, Solar had the easiest schedule this weekend. Again, they did take care of business!

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by inthenet 29/08/10, 07:56 pm

RAYADOS04 wrote:-Sting still running on all cylinders. They are in a league of their own!! king

-Texans gave a beating to a very weak team Blitz, and then took a beating from a good team Hurricanes. Yikes! Shocked Not!

-'Feet had a poor start to PL. They lost to Hurricanes 2 - 1 at ATF last Fall, and then again to Hurricanes 2 - 0 yesterday. Then, only win 2 - 0 against Blitz a very weak team and the worse team in PL last season who had 0 wins, 11 loses, and 40 GA.

Significant changes to their roster this season; three games within a week and no scoring machine has materialized for 'Feet. scratch

-Solar took care of business against two of the bottom three teams in PL last season, who had a combine record of 2 wins, 1 tie, 17 loses, and 88 GA.

Of the four teams from NTX, Solar had the easiest schedule this weekend. Again, they did take care of business!

Solar/Sting and Texans/Feet faced the same opponents. How was one easier than the other in those two pairs?

inthenet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RAYADOS04 29/08/10, 08:18 pm

inthenet wrote:
RAYADOS04 wrote:-Sting still running on all cylinders. They are in a league of their own!! king

Solar/Sting and Texans/Feet faced the same opponents. How was one easier than the other in those two pairs?

I was expecting someone like you with a reading deficiency to ask that question. I'll only respond to the Sting/Solar match-ups. Sting will be Sting! Any opponent, time, place, ..etc. is probably irrelevant. But, perhaps you disagree, and don't think Sting is that good. Do you? As for Solar that's a different case. As I've already commented they did take care of business against some very weak teams. But, perhaps you've been impressed by TSC and NOKC in the past, and have a different opinion about them. Care to comment on that? Question Smile

RAYADOS04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by inthenet 29/08/10, 08:36 pm

RAYADOS04 wrote:
inthenet wrote:

I was expecting someone like you with a reading deficiency to ask that question. I'll only respond to the Sting/Solar match-ups. Sting will be Sting! Any opponent, time, place, ..etc. is probably irrelevant. But, perhaps you disagree, and don't think Sting is that good. Do you? As for Solar that's a different case. As I've already commented they did take care of business against some very weak teams. But, perhaps you've been impressed by TSC and NOKC in the past, and have a different opinion about them. Care to comment on that? Question Smile

I'll comment on you being a jerk. Your post said "Of the four teams from NTX, Solar had the easiest schedule this weekend". That's simply not true. If you had said "Of the three lower echelon teams, Solar had the easiest schedule, no argument there.

Care to comment on your ignorance, or how lame the knee jerk insult was that you tried to use to overcome your stupidity?

I'll just wait here on the edge of my seat for some more of your spellbinding commentary. You really offer up some amazing insight that you just can't get anywhere else.

inthenet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 29/08/10, 08:55 pm

3 of 4 OK teams are generally pretty weak (considering they are the 4 best teams in OK) ... probably D2D3 at best.

But YIKES! ... that 4th OKey is really good.

Not quite Sting good, but closer than most.

Good game through half 1-0 Hurricanes and played very evenly ... then the wheels came off ... all four of them plus the spare.

On the whole, I would rather have spend the 90 minutes doing that "stick your hand in the whole and let the catfish bite it thing" that they do in Oklahoma than watching that game.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 29/08/10, 09:40 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:3 of 4 OK teams are generally pretty weak (considering they are the 4 best teams in OK) ... probably D2D3 at best.

But YIKES! ... that 4th OKey is really good.

Not quite Sting good, but closer than most.

Good game through half 1-0 Hurricanes and played very evenly ... then the wheels came off ... all four of them plus the spare.

On the whole, I would rather have spend the 90 minutes doing that "stick your hand in the whole and let the catfish bite it thing" that they do in Oklahoma than watching that game.

It's called "noodling" I believe. Wouldn't want to try it sober.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stillyuk 30/08/10, 09:04 am

For what it's worth, I'd rather let catfish chomp on any of my appendages than watch that game.

Oh, and a special thanks to the Mobilehoma soccer federation and HFC for arranging for Hurricanes to play both their games this weekend on an Academy league 90 yard field.

Refereeing on Saturday was fabulous-the kind of crew we just don't get in North Texas. Consistent, strong, in shape, and vocal.

Refereeing yesterday was not as good, but totally irrelevant to the game.

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 30/08/10, 09:05 am

ok just so i am up to speed, Lonestars Red is now Lonestars Elite and playing ECNL and Lonestars White is now Lonestars Red and playing in PL,correct? Regarding D'Feeters, I would be a liar if I said I wasn't looking at getting rid of the Hurricane monkey on our back this weekend especially since their stud forward was sitting out due to injury but they are a quality side and got behind our defense twice and we paid for it. Second half was 0-0 and we had our chances and just failed to capitalize. Feet did make significant changes this year and we're still adjusting as a team on both sides of the ball but I think we will be just fine once it's all said and done.
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 30/08/10, 10:05 am

BD,
You are correct with the lonestar situation.

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 30/08/10, 10:32 am

Cnote wrote:BD,

Very concise as always. thank you for the confirmation.
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 30/08/10, 10:37 am

Thanks Cnote and congrats on this past weekend. On a side note I have to agree that playing on the short field against Hurricanes was lousy. I try not to gripe about refs but the ones calling our game against Hurricanes really did seem to be a bit biased. It was just fine for them to tug and pull on our girls but if we made any contact the whistle would be blown. Hand ball by us and foul, hand ball by them nada. When it comes to reffing I just want consistency with their calls nothing more nothing less. One of their hand balls was in the penalty area and though I dont think it would have changed the outcome of the game it should have been called but what the heck that's soccer. I didnt have a problem with the second games crew as they were much more consistent on their calls on both teams and really that is all I expect from the refs as I know it is a thankless job.
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 30/08/10, 11:26 am

brokedawg wrote:Thanks Cnote and congrats on this past weekend. On a side note I have to agree that playing on the short field against Hurricanes was lousy. I try not to gripe about refs but the ones calling our game against Hurricanes really did seem to be a bit biased. It was just fine for them to tug and pull on our girls but if we made any contact the whistle would be blown. Hand ball by us and foul, hand ball by them nada. When it comes to reffing I just want consistency with their calls nothing more nothing less. One of their hand balls was in the penalty area and though I dont think it would have changed the outcome of the game it should have been called but what the heck that's soccer. I didnt have a problem with the second games crew as they were much more consistent on their calls on both teams and really that is all I expect from the refs as I know it is a thankless job.
We have had the same problem, I'm glad were playing them in Dallas. As you well know we can push with the best of them, they just need to play. Hurrianes could play alot better without all of that. It looks like my DD will be out a few more games, I think between LHGCL, PL, ECNL, USYS, High School. Add that up playing most of the minutes, and 72 games later. I think my kid is a little fatigued. We will figure out a better way for sure.

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Page 2 Empty Cnote - seeing same thing

Post by Whitehart 30/08/10, 12:32 pm

Cnote:

Know where you are coming from on the fatigue and injury front. We played this weekend with 13 and have four out with a variety of non-trivial injuries mainly due to overuse.

We have a core of kids planning to sit out HS just to build in a little extra break - my dd included.

I didn't think I would ever hear my dd say she was tired and needed a break but just 10 days rest following Regionals, ODP, ECNL, then almost straight into 2 a days was tough. I cannot imagine what it was like for Sting 95 group!

BD and Texan group -- see you this weekend - how come we are heading your way again???
Whitehart
Whitehart
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 30/08/10, 12:37 pm

Sorry to hear about your dd Cnote. Hope she gets better soon but don't rush it as that usually backfires on you. Whitehart, it will be good to see you. Not sure why y'all are back in Dallas but I'm not gonna complain Very Happy
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 30/08/10, 01:23 pm

brokedawg wrote:Sorry to hear about your dd Cnote. Hope she gets better soon but don't rush it as that usually backfires on you. Whitehart, it will be good to see you. Not sure why y'all are back in Dallas but I'm not gonna complain Very Happy
Thanks, we won't rush, we have more than enough players to maintain smile. Hay don't leave me out of the party it's been a while, see all of you Saturday.

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by weenie 30/08/10, 01:32 pm

brokedawg wrote:Thanks Cnote and congrats on this past weekend. On a side note I have to agree that playing on the short field against Hurricanes was lousy. I try not to gripe about refs but the ones calling our game against Hurricanes really did seem to be a bit biased. It was just fine for them to tug and pull on our girls but if we made any contact the whistle would be blown. Hand ball by us and foul, hand ball by them nada. When it comes to reffing I just want consistency with their calls nothing more nothing less. One of their hand balls was in the penalty area and though I dont think it would have changed the outcome of the game it should have been called but what the heck that's soccer. I didnt have a problem with the second games crew as they were much more consistent on their calls on both teams and really that is all I expect from the refs as I know it is a thankless job.
WOW! You must have had the same ref crew that we had when we played HFC 97. They had 20 free kicks by halftime. We had a player pulled down in the penalty area by the keeper who missed the ball and ref said "play on". Go figure.
weenie
weenie
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 30/08/10, 03:51 pm

I guess that is what we would call an AWAY game Laughing
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 31/08/10, 12:39 pm

Cnote wrote:
BrokeDawg: "Ok just so i am up to speed, Lonestars Red is now Lonestars Elite and playing ECNL and Lonestars White is now Lonestars Red and playing in PL,correct?"

BD,

Thanks CNote...I still don't understand how this works though? I thought PL was supposed to be top team(s) from the area (Oklahoma, NTx, Stx, etc.). I didn't think it was simply up to the club to decide which team they were going to send. Seems if Lonestars Red/Elite didn't want to play in PL, the opportunity would fall to the next best team from Houston/Austin, not simply the next best Lonestars team. Just didn't think the club had that discretion. Otherwise, why wouldn't Sting do something similar and send Sting West or some other team from the club?

Don't get me wrong, Lonestars White/Red may be a great team and may do very well in PL. I'm just saying I don't understand how the Lonestars club gets to decide who to send.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 31/08/10, 01:29 pm

Ferris wrote:
Cnote wrote:
BrokeDawg: "Ok just so i am up to speed, Lonestars Red is now Lonestars Elite and playing ECNL and Lonestars White is now Lonestars Red and playing in PL,correct?"

BD,

Thanks CNote...I still don't understand how this works though? I thought PL was supposed to be top team(s) from the area (Oklahoma, NTx, Stx, etc.). I didn't think it was simply up to the club to decide which team they were going to send. Seems if Lonestars Red/Elite didn't want to play in PL, the opportunity would fall to the next best team from Houston/Austin, not simply the next best Lonestars team. Just didn't think the club had that discretion. Otherwise, why wouldn't Sting do something similar and send Sting West or some other team from the club?

Don't get me wrong, Lonestars White/Red may be a great team and may do very well in PL. I'm just saying I don't understand how the Lonestars club gets to decide who to send.
The way I got it from my contacts in Austin, Red/Elite the ECNL team lost in league play and at the state level, however there ECNL status is still in tack. IMHO there maybe some in house stuff happening with the two teams. I gather it was a one point difference in not making it into PL.

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 31/08/10, 01:48 pm

Cnote wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Cnote wrote:

BD,

The way I got it from my contacts in Austin, Red/Elite the ECNL team lost in league play and at the state level, however there ECNL status is still in tack. IMHO there maybe some in house stuff happening with the two teams. I gather it was a one point difference in not making it into PL.

(Cross Eyed) CLEAR AS A BELL
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 31/08/10, 02:37 pm

BigBoy wrote:
Cnote wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Cnote wrote:

BD,

I'm having trouble getting my brain in tack. Very confusing.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 31/08/10, 02:58 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
Cnote wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Cnote wrote:

BD,

Is it from losing at the state level or the in-house stuff that was the point in difference? Just trying to figure out the tack that cause them to choose ECNL. Then, how they still have red in PL in tack?

BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 31/08/10, 03:37 pm

The top 4 teams from Ntx and the top 4 teams from Stx aaahhh nevermind....Albion is back in Premier and the team fka Lonestars Red is out. Rolling Eyes Oh yeah, Whitehart,maybe since we traveled last week we don't have to travel this week. Y'all played PL at home last week correct?
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 31/08/10, 04:28 pm

BigBoy wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
BigBoy wrote:
Cnote wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Cnote wrote:

BD,

Is it from losing at the state level or the in-house stuff that was the point in difference? Just trying to figure out the tack that cause them to choose ECNL. Then, how they still have red in PL in tack?

White is RED and RED is, well RED Elite, Red Elite played ECNL and finished on top now how do you make them go away? Is it confusing sure it is why do you think were talking about it LOL!

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next