North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Classic League - Cards Not Being Recorded Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Classic League - Cards Not Being Recorded

Go down

Classic League - Cards Not Being Recorded Empty Classic League - Cards Not Being Recorded

Post by Whydopplsux 01/03/19, 03:00 pm

Wondering if anyone else has experienced cards given during a game not recorded on the misconduct page. Have seen it twice now, card given to a player and that card was never recorded. The most recent occurrence was 4 x different players on the same team were given yellow cards in one game and none of those have been recorded. I can see where 1 x card might slip through the cracks, but not 4 x given in one game.

Whydopplsux
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Classic League - Cards Not Being Recorded Empty Re: Classic League - Cards Not Being Recorded

Post by GoldenBoy 01/03/19, 06:04 pm

Have wondered for the last two years! My son has at least two not recorded! What’s the deal?!?!

GoldenBoy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Classic League - Cards Not Being Recorded Empty Re: Classic League - Cards Not Being Recorded

Post by NotAllen04 04/03/19, 10:17 am

Yes, I have even seen red cards ignored.
NotAllen04
NotAllen04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whydopplsux 04/03/19, 07:41 pm

I wonder if it is just a lack of accountability or they really could care less? Either way, there seems to be a lack of any sort of checks and balances for a pretty fundamental part of the sport.

Whydopplsux
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 18/03/19, 11:24 am

Whydopplsux wrote:I wonder if it is just a lack of accountability or they really could care less? Either way, there seems to be a lack of any sort of checks and balances for a pretty fundamental part of the sport.

It's both a lack of accountability and the majority of the referees could not care less. They are there just to pick up a paycheck. My DD just got mauled this past weekend and got a concussion. The officials could not care less.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 18/03/19, 11:50 am

Whydopplsux wrote:Wondering if anyone else has experienced cards given during a game not recorded on the misconduct page. Have seen it twice now, card given to a player and that card was never recorded. The most recent occurrence was 4 x different players on the same team were given yellow cards in one game and none of those have been recorded. I can see where 1 x card might slip through the cracks, but not 4 x given in one game.

Disclaimer: The following is not a valid reason, nor do I condone it...

When a referee issues a red card, they are required to submit a written report. Sometimes, avoiding paperwork explains why fouls that deserve red cards receive yellows. It can also explain why red cards are not written on the game report. Referees that do not report their cards can be punished.

Sometimes, referees just forget to report yellow cards. Last weekend in an adult game where I was the AR, there was an early yellow card. The rest of the game went smooth and the Referee forgot there was a card in the first 5 minutes. Once reminded, he had to go back to the manager and add it to the game report.

Another flaw in the system may be referees only being required to report cards on the receiving team's game report. I have heard of instances where a team did not turn in their game report (or altered it) to avoid the league finding out about the cards. If leagues required the referees to list all cards for both teams on both game reports, that would help. Also, in many adult leagues, a captain from each team signs both game reports. I have seen captains after a game scrutinize the other team's game report to make sure a card(s) was reported before they signed.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 18/03/19, 04:50 pm

coachdom23 wrote:
Whydopplsux wrote:Wondering if anyone else has experienced cards given during a game not recorded on the misconduct page. Have seen it twice now, card given to a player and that card was never recorded. The most recent occurrence was 4 x different players on the same team were given yellow cards in one game and none of those have been recorded. I can see where 1 x card might slip through the cracks, but not 4 x given in one game.

Disclaimer: The following is not a valid reason, nor do I condone it...

When a referee issues a red card, they are required to submit a written report. Sometimes, avoiding paperwork explains why fouls that deserve red cards receive yellows. It can also explain why red cards are not written on the game report. Referees that do not report their cards can be punished.

Sometimes, referees just forget to report yellow cards. Last weekend in an adult game where I was the AR, there was an early yellow card. The rest of the game went smooth and the Referee forgot there was a card in the first 5 minutes. Once reminded, he had to go back to the manager and add it to the game report.

Another flaw in the system may be referees only being required to report cards on the receiving team's game report. I have heard of instances where a team did not turn in their game report (or altered it) to avoid the league finding out about the cards. If leagues required the referees to list all cards for both teams on both game reports, that would help. Also, in many adult leagues, a captain from each team signs both game reports. I have seen captains after a game scrutinize the other team's game report to make sure a card(s) was reported before they signed.

That is what I have always thought.  If these guys would pull a yellow, they could probably avoid many of the problems.  I play Over 40 at an indoor facility.  It's a good one and they are working on trying to improve the officiating.   Except for 1, those guys don't know how to use cards.  A few weeks back, when a play should have been "dead" our goalie got kicked in the head (he had dove and secured the ball, but the player on the other team thought that taking a long stride and using our goalies head as a ball would be wise).  Foul yes, but no card.  The referee, when pressed, told me in his judgement it wasn't intentional (though still dangerous).  So our goalie after being down 3 minutes recovered.  Now 2nd half, same opposing player coming toward the outside edge of the box chasing the loose ball.  Our goalie makes a beeline toward him and connects with him big time.  The guy wound up about 15 yards away and nearly hit the glass.  Our goalie gets a yellow (which is fine) as it was clearly intentional.  A Rhubarb ensues and all hell breaks loose.  After the game: Me: "so you see what happens when you don't use your cards?  You loose control of the game".  Ref: "You're right".  In that instance, those guys had to write a report about all the nonsense, but I don't believe anyone got suspended.  People are lazy.  So man referees (except for maybe 10%) are just there to collect their cash. I would think they do what they do for the love of the game and try to officiate it with passion. Otherwise, why bother?

Last edited by nolanryan on 20/03/19, 03:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 18/03/19, 08:39 pm

Notice: This is not an indictment on a specific league or referee assignor...

Also, keep in mind the referee assignors. Most put their best referees on the highest skill level, first, and work down the list. If he/she has DA games and rec games on the same day, the DA games get the stronger referees. In adult leagues, Open D1 games will get higher level referees than Over 40 D3.

Some referee assignors take on too many leagues, which means more games than they can cover in a day. This can result in referees getting games above their ability, especially if they are someone who is on time and works a lot for that referee assignor.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down