North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Sting 12 boys MOLE (Frisco)Today at 12:58 pmruudvan
ECNL-08Today at 11:15 amcenTex
07 ECNLToday at 11:08 amcenTex
Texas Spirit 06 Bewley - Looking to add 2 players Yesterday at 10:17 pmtexasspirit06
ECNL 04 Girls Week 4Yesterday at 02:22 pmdtk9119
Texas Spirit28/09/20, 10:16 pmBFC
looking for an independent club in Celina or Prosper28/09/20, 05:36 pmbenjawad66
looking for independent club Celina-Prosper28/09/20, 05:23 pmbenjawad66
Looking for a team28/09/20, 11:34 amMcKinneyFC
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER28/09/20, 08:56 amCccrushers
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & Futsal28/09/20, 08:51 amCccrushers
Coaches vs parents in youth soccer?28/09/20, 08:32 amSportsGeeks
ECNL 08G Talk28/09/20, 12:11 amcenTex
Top ‘07 NTX Boys Teams25/09/20, 09:37 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
Youth Pick-up Games Are Back!25/09/20, 02:16 pmcityfutsal
Online Personal Trainer, Live & On-demand24/09/20, 01:35 pmcityfutsal
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B - Looking for Keeper24/09/20, 10:32 amcgooden
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B24/09/20, 10:17 amcgooden
Dual roster 23/09/20, 11:40 pmCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL 04 Girls Week 323/09/20, 04:13 pmBluesTraveler
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER23/09/20, 11:34 amCccrushers
Dallas Roma FC 2012. Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:09 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 2011 Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:01 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 10s Classic lge Needing a Goalkeeper. 22/09/20, 05:49 pmDRFC Academy
FC Dallas 11G Copa, JGAL, 2 open spots 22/09/20, 04:00 pmCoachEddieMarin
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 ECNL - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14523 registered users
The newest registered user is Kkeith75

Our users have posted a total of 200245 messages in 29432 subjects

07 ECNL

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by KeepTheBall on 06/09/20, 07:21 pm

Truthiness wrote:
KeepTheBall wrote:
I have no input on Solar personnel, but the TSC team did show lots of heart just holding on.  Do I think TSC was fortunate to get a tie, absolutely... given the personnel challenges they faced, but I'm pretty sure Solar had a good bit of relief that it was only a tie. This is going to be a long hard fought league. Looking forward to it!

Sounds like a helluva fun game. Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely. It was amazing fun. I was on edge the whole time. Props to Solar for being a classy group to play with!

KeepTheBall
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Join date : 2020-09-06

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 on 06/09/20, 08:51 pm

Sept 26th circled on my calendar. Going to show up early to watch this rematch!
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1773
Points : 5879
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : planning my next grilling masterpiece

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 06/09/20, 09:23 pm

KeepTheBall wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
KeepTheBall wrote:
I have no input on Solar personnel, but the TSC team did show lots of heart just holding on.  Do I think TSC was fortunate to get a tie, absolutely... given the personnel challenges they faced, but I'm pretty sure Solar had a good bit of relief that it was only a tie. This is going to be a long hard fought league. Looking forward to it!

Sounds like a helluva fun game. Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely. It was amazing fun. I was on edge the whole time. Props to Solar for being a classy group to play with!



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 290
Points : 2068
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by rudekid1973 on 07/09/20, 09:38 pm

Sting Black and Sting Royal Tied 2-2

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 2334
Join date : 2014-06-22

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Truthiness on 07/09/20, 10:05 pm

Seems that all of DKSC, Solar, FCD, TSC, Sting Black, and Sting Royal played tightly competitive games this weekend. Texans and Challenge also took care of business.  Albion and Sting Austin didn't get to play, but should both be solid.  The less said about Celtic and CE, the better.

The week 1 results sure point to this season being a competitive battle royale for the 4 Champions League spots and just about anyone is dangerous enough to get a result against just about anyone else.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 90
Points : 621
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by yank on 08/09/20, 10:42 am

I agree truthiness it’s great for the leauge and for the girls. This is the way it should be. Happy that all of the top metroplex clubs and teams are playing each other again. We have the opportunity to enjoy watching the hard work everyone is putting in and seeing teams, players and parents we haven’t seen in a some cases a very long time. Best of luck to everyone this season.

yank
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 37
Points : 1281
Join date : 2017-05-05

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by cenTex on 08/09/20, 02:13 pm

Weekend guesses:

Three clear favorites...
Albion comfortably over Classics Elite
Tulsa edges Texans
Solar wins big over Celtic

And three games that I think are tossups:
FCD vs Black
Austin vs Challenge
DKSC vs Royal

The DKSC vs Sting Royal game is the game of the week for me.  A Feet win gets them through two major challengers and in a great early position for securing a CL spot .  A Royal win or even a draw just further jumbles up the top of the table.

FC Dallas vs Sting Black is an important game for both's top 4 aspirations.  Loser will have dropped points in back to back games against CL rivals and, given how competitive things look early on, is likely to rue the slow start come springtime playoff seeding.

Challenge vs Sting Austin. Any south/central Texas team with designs on a Champions League spot are probably going to need to secure 5 or 6 wins against our three southern brethren. A loss or tie here will reduce the margin of error going forward. Challenge took care of things last weekend, and it will be interesting to see how the new and improved Sting Austin stacks up.

Good luck to all and stay healthy.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 133
Points : 1287
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 12/09/20, 04:01 pm

cenTex wrote:Weekend guesses:

Three clear favorites...
Albion comfortably over Classics Elite
Tulsa edges Texans
Solar wins big over Celtic

And three games that I think are tossups:
FCD vs Black
Austin vs Challenge
DKSC vs Royal

The DKSC vs Sting Royal game is the game of the week for me.  A Feet win gets them through two major challengers and in a great early position for securing a CL spot .  A Royal win or even a draw just further jumbles up the top of the table.

FC Dallas vs Sting Black is an important game for both's top 4 aspirations.  Loser will have dropped points in back to back games against CL rivals and, given how competitive things look early on, is likely to rue the slow start come springtime playoff seeding.

Challenge vs Sting Austin. Any south/central Texas team with designs on a Champions League spot are probably going to need to secure 5 or 6 wins against our three southern brethren. A loss or tie here will reduce the margin of error going forward. Challenge took care of things last weekend, and it will be interesting to see how the new and improved Sting Austin stacks up.

Good luck to all and stay healthy.



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 290
Points : 2068
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Truthiness on 13/09/20, 06:52 pm

Sting Austin 2-1 Challenge
FC Dallas 5-0 Sting Black
Solar 14-0 Celtic
Tulsa 1-1 Texans
Albion 1-0 Classics Elite

Not sure if anything is really a surprise at this age and this early in the season, but kudos to Texans and FCD.

Anybody know the DKSC vs Sting Royal score?
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 90
Points : 621
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by 07soccerdad on 13/09/20, 07:42 pm

DKSC / sting royal was rescheduled...

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 67
Points : 1808
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 15/09/20, 12:34 am

Truthiness wrote:Sting Austin 2-1 Challenge
FC Dallas 5-0 Sting Black
Solar 14-0 Celtic
Tulsa 1-1 Texans
Albion 1-0 Classics Elite

Not sure if anything is really a surprise at this age and this early in the season, but kudos to Texans and FCD.

Anybody know the DKSC vs Sting Royal score?



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 290
Points : 2068
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by cenTex on 15/09/20, 08:45 am

Weekend guesses:
Two possible mismatches...
Sting Austin over Celtic
Tulsa over Classics Elite
And two closer games:
Classics Elite should edge Celtic
Tulsa over Sting Austin in a close game

Tulsa with two draws so far (against Solar and then Texans) that went against the prevailing preseason narrative.  We should learn a lot more about the new Sting Austin who earned an important 3 points vs Challenge last weekend.

Classics Elite should handle Celtic, and will need to do so at home in order to avoid a battle for the bottom of the table.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 133
Points : 1287
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by KeepTheBall on 15/09/20, 10:14 am

cenTex wrote:Weekend guesses:
Two possible mismatches...
Sting Austin over Celtic
Tulsa over Classics Elite
And two closer games:
Classics Elite should edge Celtic
Tulsa over Sting Austin in a close game

Tulsa with two draws so far (against Solar and then Texans) that went against the prevailing preseason narrative.  We should learn a lot more about the new Sting Austin who earned an important 3 points vs Challenge last weekend.

Classics Elite should handle Celtic, and will need to do so at home in order to avoid a battle for the bottom of the table.
Did Sting Austin get significantly better in the offseason?

KeepTheBall
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 27
Join date : 2020-09-06

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by cenTex on 15/09/20, 03:55 pm

KeepTheBall wrote:
cenTex wrote:Weekend guesses:
Two possible mismatches...
Sting Austin over Celtic
Tulsa over Classics Elite
And two closer games:
Classics Elite should edge Celtic
Tulsa over Sting Austin in a close game

Tulsa with two draws so far (against Solar and then Texans) that went against the prevailing preseason narrative.  We should learn a lot more about the new Sting Austin who earned an important 3 points vs Challenge last weekend.

Classics Elite should handle Celtic, and will need to do so at home in order to avoid a battle for the bottom of the table.
Did Sting Austin get significantly better in the offseason?

Yes. Picked up a good chunk of Lonestar's former DA team. Still integrating and finding their rhythm, but much more competitive than last year.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 133
Points : 1287
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 15/09/20, 04:11 pm

cenTex wrote:
KeepTheBall wrote:
cenTex wrote:Weekend guesses:
Two possible mismatches...
Sting Austin over Celtic
Tulsa over Classics Elite
And two closer games:
Classics Elite should edge Celtic
Tulsa over Sting Austin in a close game

Tulsa with two draws so far (against Solar and then Texans) that went against the prevailing preseason narrative.  We should learn a lot more about the new Sting Austin who earned an important 3 points vs Challenge last weekend.

Classics Elite should handle Celtic, and will need to do so at home in order to avoid a battle for the bottom of the table.
Did Sting Austin get significantly better in the offseason?

Yes. Picked up a good chunk of Lonestar's former DA team. Still integrating and finding their rhythm, but much more competitive than last year.



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 290
Points : 2068
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by cenTex on 22/09/20, 02:17 pm

cenTex wrote:Week 1 ECNL guesses:

DKSC -0.5 vs FCD
Solar -3 vs TSC
Royal -1 vs Black
Austin Pick'em vs Albion
Texans -.5 vs Celtic
Challenge -2 vs Classics Elite

I guess let's run back week 1 (first result in parenthesis).

Weekend ECNL guesses:
DKSC -0.5 vs FCD (DKSC won 2-1)
Solar -2 vs TSC (Tied 1-1)
Royal -1 vs Black (Tied 2-2)
Austin Pick'em vs Albion (Postponed)
Texans -4 vs Celtic (Texans won 8-0)
Challenge -2 vs Classics Elite (Challenge won 3-0)

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 133
Points : 1287
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 23/09/20, 11:52 pm

cenTex wrote:
cenTex wrote:Week 1 ECNL guesses:

DKSC -0.5 vs FCD
Solar -3 vs TSC
Royal -1 vs Black
Austin Pick'em vs Albion
Texans -.5 vs Celtic
Challenge -2 vs Classics Elite

I guess let's run back week 1 (first result in parenthesis).

Weekend ECNL guesses:
DKSC -0.5 vs FCD (DKSC won 2-1)
Solar -2 vs TSC (Tied 1-1)
Royal -1 vs Black (Tied 2-2)
Austin Pick'em vs Albion (Postponed)
Texans -4 vs Celtic (Texans won 8-0)
Challenge -2 vs Classics Elite (Challenge won 3-0)



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 290
Points : 2068
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Truthiness on 27/09/20, 11:59 am

cenTex wrote:
cenTex wrote:Week 1 ECNL guesses:

DKSC -0.5 vs FCD
Solar -3 vs TSC
Royal -1 vs Black
Austin Pick'em vs Albion
Texans -.5 vs Celtic
Challenge -2 vs Classics Elite

I guess let's run back week 1 (first result in parenthesis).

Weekend ECNL guesses:
DKSC -0.5 vs FCD (DKSC won 2-1)
Solar -2 vs TSC (Tied 1-1)
Royal -1 vs Black (Tied 2-2)
Austin Pick'em vs Albion (Postponed)
Texans -4 vs Celtic (Texans won 8-0)
Challenge -2 vs Classics Elite (Challenge won 3-0)

Solar 3-1 Tulsa
Albion 1-0 Austin
Royal 2-2 Black
FCD 4-3 DKSC
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 90
Points : 621
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by cenTex on 27/09/20, 02:51 pm

I would not say the refereeing has been poor (it's been ok), but I am shocked at the dropoff in quality from the DA to ECNL. The DA referees and ARs were excellent. I wonder why ECNL isn't hiring those ref crews, as I assume they are now available?

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 133
Points : 1287
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by cenTex Today at 11:08 am

Another rematch weekend. My guesses (with Sept 13th results in parenthesis):
Sting Austin -1 Challenge (Austin 2-1 earlier)
Solar -7 Celtic (Solar 13-0 earlier)
Albion -3 Classics Elite (Albion 1-0 earlier)
Tulsa -1 Texans (1-1 tie earlier)
FCD -1 Sting Black (FCD 5-0 earlier)
DKSC -1 Sting Royal (postponed)


cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 133
Points : 1287
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

07 ECNL - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 ECNL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum