North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What is the most challeging road block you have encountered  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

What is the most challeging road block you have encountered

Go down

What is the most challeging road block you have encountered  Empty What is the most challeging road block you have encountered

Post by smartcoachtx20 09/09/20, 01:30 pm

What is the most challeging road block you have encountered in youth soccer?

As a parent, youth soccer is frustrating since I didnt have visibility to all the information I needed to make an educated decision. For example: When searching for a new team, I found myself relaying on word of mouth from other parents. This type of limited information always put us on a 50/50 chance of success.

What about you?

smartcoachtx20
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

What is the most challeging road block you have encountered  Empty Re: What is the most challeging road block you have encountered

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 09/09/20, 10:35 pm

smartcoachtx20 wrote:What is the most challeging road block you have encountered in youth soccer?

As a parent, youth soccer is frustrating since I didnt have visibility to all the information I needed to make an educated decision.  For example: When searching for a new team, I found myself relaying on word of mouth from other parents.  This type of limited information always put us on a 50/50 chance of success.

What about you?

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

What is the most challeging road block you have encountered  Empty Re: What is the most challeging road block you have encountered

Post by Anarchy 10/09/20, 08:03 am

The expense!

Anarchy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcoachtx20 10/09/20, 08:56 am

@checkpoint Charlie, How many times do you find yourself dealing with a team you are in that is all about winning?

smartcoachtx20
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 10/09/20, 03:15 pm

smartcoachtx20 wrote:@checkpoint Charlie, How many times do you find yourself dealing with a team you are in that is all about winning?

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AlittleBitofSanity 14/09/20, 07:24 am

Unfortunately, almost every coach we have ever encountered is untruthful. Just used car salesman getting you to sign a contract. They lie about the wanting to develop your kids, keeping numbers low so they can get good playing time, and doing something other than scrimmaging all practice. That's why so many quit young. They always care about winning. As kids get older these coaches only play the bigger sized kids. You would think this is a football game. Hopefully that answers your question.

AlittleBitofSanity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 14/09/20, 06:31 pm

AlittleBitofSanity wrote:Unfortunately, almost every coach we have ever encountered is untruthful.   Just used car salesman getting you to sign a contract.  They lie about the wanting to develop your kids,  keeping numbers low so they can get good playing time, and doing something other than scrimmaging all practice.   That's why so many quit young.  They always care about winning.   As kids get older these coaches only play the bigger sized kids.  You would think this is a football game.  Hopefully that answers your question.  

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by csacsa 16/10/20, 09:53 am

fair and I agree. but i have to add, the culture is formed not only by the coaches but more by parents. they dont understand soccer in most cases. they want to win. they judge the coach by win or loss

AlittleBitofSanity wrote:Unfortunately, almost every coach we have ever encountered is untruthful.   Just used car salesman getting you to sign a contract.  They lie about the wanting to develop your kids,  keeping numbers low so they can get good playing time, and doing something other than scrimmaging all practice.   That's why so many quit young.  They always care about winning.   As kids get older these coaches only play the bigger sized kids.  You would think this is a football game.  Hopefully that answers your question.  

csacsa
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 16/10/20, 11:46 am

csacsa wrote:fair and I agree. but i have to add, the culture is formed not only by the coaches but more by parents. they dont understand soccer in most cases. they want to win. they judge the coach by win or loss

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BWGophers 17/10/20, 07:09 pm

smartcoachtx20 wrote:What is the most challenging road block you have encountered in youth soccer?

My own ego.

Once I was able to put that aside and objectively view each of my children's abilities, navigating the competitive sports landscape in NTX was much easier. Doesn't matter if it was club soccer, or other competitive sports.

Looking back on it, while it wasn't always smooth sailing, there is very little that I would change.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goalkeepersrule 26/10/20, 08:12 am

We are in our 14th year of organized soccer and it has been a journey. Luckily, my kid will get to play some college soccer so we are excited about that but club soccer has been a major scam. As noted above, the coaches are extremely dishonest. When searching for a new team and a coach tells you - we win 80% of our games, you will get in front of tons of coaches at amazing showcases, we get 80% of our kids to play in college - try your best to verify. That is what we were told and it has been mostly untrue. Although our record never seems to get worse on teamsnap Very Happy we do not win 80% of our games. We go to many showcases although they are a waste of time & money until you are a junior or senior in high school. Judging from our team and the couple before us, I would wager that less than half our kids go on to play in college. I hear the same sales pitch being given to younger team parents who just eat it up, but it is a load of bs. My son is playing in college because he has good grades and a good highlight video, period.

goalkeepersrule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 28/10/20, 10:57 pm

goalkeepersrule wrote:We are in our 14th year of organized soccer and it has been a journey. Luckily, my kid will get to play some college soccer so we are excited about that but club soccer has been a major scam. As noted above, the coaches are extremely dishonest. When searching for a new team and a coach tells you - we win 80% of our games, you will get in front of tons of coaches at amazing showcases, we get 80% of our kids to play in college - try your best to verify. That is what we were told and it has been mostly untrue. Although our record never seems to get worse on teamsnap Very Happy we do not win 80% of our games. We go to many showcases although they are a waste of time & money until you are a junior or senior in high school. Judging from our team and the couple before us, I would wager that less than half our kids go on to play in college. I hear the same sales pitch being given to younger team parents who just eat it up, but it is a load of bs. My son is playing in college because he has good grades and a good highlight video, period.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down