North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)?

Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 13 ]
Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 14 ]
Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 38

Poll closed

Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)?

Post by WingNut 08/03/11, 10:21 pm

04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Sparky Sparkles wrote:
BallBuster wrote:The only crazy 04 parents I have seen were with DT South. Liverpool parents are very enthusiastic but not necessarily crazy (with the exception of one that recently left the team).
I have seen far more over-the-top parents in other age groups.

really ballbuster?

out of curiosity does dropping f-bombs at refs in front of 6 & 7 year old girls fall into the "very enthusiastic" parent or "crazy" parent category for liverpool? you have a father of an '04 over there that got tossed near the end of the fall season for exhibiting such "very enthusiastic" behavior. while this dd was not with lw last season, hard time believing dad's behavior has significantly changed for the new team. incidentally, his antics extended to yelling at the girls on the field, not just his daughter, to criticize their play.

whats also great to see is that the aforementioned liverpool dad happens to post fairly regularly on this board. wondering whether he will respond and 'fess up or stay in denial.

stay classy san diego!

peace,

sparkles

I don't know the person you are speaking about. What you say might be true, but I don't know. I can only give my opinion about what I have seen on the sidelines. I have personally never seen a Liverpool parent cursing at a game. (Only one very loud and crazy mom who is no longer associated with the club). I did hear DT South parents cursing and yelling insults at the ref.

DT South 04 parent here... I think I have read enough... I don't chime in on the rankings because frankly we don't care. Our kids are young and we are in this for the long haul. We have a great coach who cares more about development than winning and we have incredible team chemistry and an amazing group of girls.

I could care less if you think our team is good or how good, I do care about lies being said to give us a bad reputation. Let me be clear... NO DT South parent has EVER EVER in ANY game, tournament or season, EVER cursed at the refs, other children, other team’s parents ect. If that DID happen, the parent and child would be asked to leave the team, regardless of how good the player was.

Ballbuster, I would call you mistaken, but that would be naive... you are simply a liar. Please get over the results of that tournament and get a life....

Apparenty you were not in Mckinney in November for the Primetime Tourney or was it the Selective Hearing! Wink

WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will the Drama and Crazy (Over-Zealous) Parents drive all the Good Coaches out of '04 (U7)?

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 10:22 pm

wolf2.0 wrote:I honestly don't know why there are 04 rankings at this point! I mean, come on people. They are 3 1/2 years from select. I get the "fun" aspect of it but no fun seems to be had in this particular age group at the moment with the rankings and "banter" which is increasingly turning nasty. The fact there are teams and girls at this age playing some good soccer and showing potential is reward in itself. By select, 70% of these girls will have shifted around to different coaches/clubs. Being #1 at age 7 is about as important as being #1 at age 70. It's not really a time period that matters. The games I have been lucky enough to catch, it's easy to see that this is going to be one heck of an age group with so much talent and great little athletes. Whether Liverpool, DT South, etc. just let them have some fun. Most of these girls still believe in the tooth fairy, don't mess it up by worrying about whether you'll appear in the top 5 on here the Monday following the SDL games. This is the best year in terms of depth I've seen since the 97s, don't crush it with negativity before they get to the starting gate.

With that said, I'm too handsome to continue posting on this thread.

Relative to what? Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 08/03/11, 10:24 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:
wolf2.0 wrote:I honestly don't know why there are 04 rankings at this point! I mean, come on people. They are 3 1/2 years from select. I get the "fun" aspect of it but no fun seems to be had in this particular age group at the moment with the rankings and "banter" which is increasingly turning nasty. The fact there are teams and girls at this age playing some good soccer and showing potential is reward in itself. By select, 70% of these girls will have shifted around to different coaches/clubs. Being #1 at age 7 is about as important as being #1 at age 70. It's not really a time period that matters. The games I have been lucky enough to catch, it's easy to see that this is going to be one heck of an age group with so much talent and great little athletes. Whether Liverpool, DT South, etc. just let them have some fun. Most of these girls still believe in the tooth fairy, don't mess it up by worrying about whether you'll appear in the top 5 on here the Monday following the SDL games. This is the best year in terms of depth I've seen since the 97s, don't crush it with negativity before they get to the starting gate.

Relative to what? Mad

All other humans you've seen, dreamed of, or potentially seen airbrushed in magazines. Twisted Evil

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 04dad 08/03/11, 10:33 pm

WingNut wrote:
04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Sparky Sparkles wrote:
BallBuster wrote:The only crazy 04 parents I have seen were with DT South. Liverpool parents are very enthusiastic but not necessarily crazy (with the exception of one that recently left the team).

really ballbuster?

out of curiosity does dropping f-bombs at refs in front of 6 & 7 year old girls fall into the "very enthusiastic" parent or "crazy" parent category for liverpool? you have a father of an '04 over there that got tossed near the end of the fall season for exhibiting such "very enthusiastic" behavior. while this dd was not with lw last season, hard time believing dad's behavior has significantly changed for the new team. incidentally, his antics extended to yelling at the girls on the field, not just his daughter, to criticize their play.

whats also great to see is that the aforementioned liverpool dad happens to post fairly regularly on this board. wondering whether he will respond and 'fess up or stay in denial.

stay classy san diego!

peace,

sparkles

I don't know the person you are speaking about. What you say might be true, but I don't know. I can only give my opinion about what I have seen on the sidelines. I have personally never seen a Liverpool parent cursing at a game. (Only one very loud and crazy mom who is no longer associated with the club). I did hear DT South parents cursing and yelling insults at the ref.

DT South 04 parent here... I think I have read enough... I don't chime in on the rankings because frankly we don't care. Our kids are young and we are in this for the long haul. We have a great coach who cares more about development than winning and we have incredible team chemistry and an amazing group of girls.

I could care less if you think our team is good or how good, I do care about lies being said to give us a bad reputation. Let me be clear... NO DT South parent has EVER EVER in ANY game, tournament or season, EVER cursed at the refs, other children, other team’s parents ect. If that DID happen, the parent and child would be asked to leave the team, regardless of how good the player was.

Ballbuster, I would call you mistaken, but that would be naive... you are simply a liar. Please get over the results of that tournament and get a life....

Apparenty you were not in Mckinney in November for the Primetime Tourney or was it the Selective Hearing! Wink

Wrong.. I was there.. DD played... and I was in the middle of all DT South parents.

What you don't understand is, that DT South as an organization, all ages, is VERY STRICT on sideline behavior... you are not allowed to coach DDs, yell at DDs, or argue with the refs in ANY manner. (aside form a very quite “come on ref” now and then…)

Now do we have a couple of parents that get too excited.. sure... but 100% of ALL teams have those 1 or 2 parents... Still I have NEVER heard a curse word uttered in ANY game period. The truth is, DT South parents did not curse at any refs or other parents period at that tournament in ANY game… Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Like I said, those who would do such a thing would be gone from the team.

04dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 10:35 pm

wolf2.0 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

Relative to what? Mad

All other humans you've seen, dreamed of, or potentially seen airbrushed in magazines. Twisted Evil

Woah...Woah..Woah....Pump the brakes and keep the wheel straight bro, cuz you are about to over correct.
I don't mind you admiring yourself, but when you come on here and rank yourself #1 and insulting others, I take huge offense.
I held the number #1 spot on the HotOrNot board for 3 weeks mind you, so unless I can see some consistency as to where you've been ranked, I'm not buying it.

While I don't necessarily care about winning, you better believe my '07 is ready to take on any alleged top '04 team, dirty or clean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 10:37 pm

04dad wrote:
WingNut wrote:
04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Sparky Sparkles wrote:

really ballbuster?

stay classy san diego!

peace,

sparkles

Wrong.. I was there.. DD played... and I was in the middle of all DT South parents.

What you don't understand is, that DT South as an organization, all ages, is VERY STRICT on sideline behavior... you are not allowed to coach DDs, yell at DDs, or argue with the refs in ANY manner. (aside form a very quite “come on ref” now and then…)

Now do we have a couple of parents that get too excited.. sure... but 100% of ALL teams have those 1 or 2 parents... Still I have NEVER heard a curse word uttered in ANY game period. The truth is, DT South parents did not curse at any refs or other parents period at that tournament in ANY game… Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

What about cursing en "Espanol"?

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 08/03/11, 10:47 pm

DoubleDD wrote:
wolf2.0 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

Relative to what? Mad

Woah...Woah..Woah....Pump the brakes and keep the wheel straight bro, cuz you are about to over correct.
I don't mind you admiring yourself, but when you come on here and rank yourself #1 and insulting others, I take huge offense.
I held the number #1 spot on the HotOrNot board for 3 weeks mind you, so unless I can see some consistency as to where you've been ranked, I'm not buying it.

While I don't necessarily care about winning, you better believe my '07 is ready to take on any alleged top '04 team, dirty or clean.

Hot or Not only goes to a 10. Why would I bother with those low scores?

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 04dad 08/03/11, 10:49 pm

DoubleDD wrote:
04dad wrote:
WingNut wrote:
04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Sparky Sparkles wrote:

really ballbuster?

stay classy san diego!

peace,

sparkles

Pretty sure that would be equally frowned upon... does your team curse in espanol?

04dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 10:51 pm

Hey now..why you hating on HotorNot DIII level? There's some quality p there.

"you weren't there, you don't know!"

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 10:58 pm

04dad wrote:
DoubleDD wrote:
04dad wrote:
WingNut wrote:
04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Sparky Sparkles wrote:

really ballbuster?

stay classy san diego!

peace,

sparkles

Pretty sure that would be equally frowned upon... does your team curse in espanol?

Couldn't tell ya...I see so many faces on the pitch on any given day that I can't tell if they're chinese, japanese, or chuck e cheese...

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 08/03/11, 11:27 pm

Let's not be overly dramatic here.
What rankings? Show me the formal rankings of the 04's. There are none. Some people have posted their personal opinion of the top teams but those are just opinions and just for fun. I have seen you talk about rankings in other academy threads for other ages. I guess it's OK for you to talk about formal rankings for the 01's but if someone post their opinions of the 04's, they are doing something wrong? Academy is academy. Maybe you are the one that should just let them have fun. Maybe to you, "this is a time period that doesn't matter". But most 04 parents are just enjoying the moment and every year of your kids life matters. Select is so far away that no one is even thinking about that right now.

Last edited by BallBuster on 09/03/11, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 08/03/11, 11:47 pm

04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Sparky Sparkles wrote:

really ballbuster?

stay classy san diego!

peace,

sparkles

Duh.....Winning!
You must be real tough to come on here and call me a liar on a message board. Are you prepared to call everyone else that heard it a liar. It happened. Accept it and move on.
I'm not the reason your team has a bad reputation. You did that yourself. You claim that you don't care about rankings but several of your parents spend a lot of time on here trying to convince everyone that DT South should be ranked number one. When no one agrees, you get all bent out of shape. Chill out. It's just kids soccer. I could care less about the results of that tournament.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04dad 08/03/11, 11:59 pm

BallBuster wrote:
04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Sparky Sparkles wrote:

really ballbuster?

stay classy san diego!

peace,

sparkles

Duh.....Winning!
You must be real tough to come on here and call me a liar on a message board. Are you prepared to call everyone else that heard it a liar. It happened. Accept it and move on.
I'm not the reason your team has a bad reputation. You did that yourself. You claim that you don't care about rankings but several of your parents spend a lot of time on here trying to convince everyone that DT South should be ranked number one. When no one agrees, you get all bent out of shape. Chill out. It's just kids soccer. I could care less about the results of that tournament.

Perhaps you have trouble reading... I don't care about the rankings, have not posted on them, and have not seen any DT South parents post about them. So that again, seems to be another lie, or “gross misrepresentation”.

First the only criticism months ago about our team and parents were the "aggressiveness"... Now all of a sudden our parents were cursing at the refs ect...

Sorry, but say it all you want.. it DID NOT HAPPEN. Anyone who claims they heard DT South parents cursing at refs or other parents is lying. As said before, none of our parents, in ANY game have EVER exhibited such behavior.

Also, you want to play all innocent, but FACTS ARE… not ONE DT South poster has ever attacked another team or parent on this board, DESPITE the RELETLTNESS accusations and cheap shots from several LP parents….

Based on that FACT, tell me who needs to remember to “relax, it’s kids soccer”…..

04dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 09/03/11, 12:24 am

04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
04dad wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
Sparky Sparkles wrote:

really ballbuster?

stay classy san diego!

peace,

sparkles

Duh.....Winning!

Perhaps you have trouble reading... I don't care about the rankings, have not posted on them, and have not seen any DT South parents post about them. So that again, seems to be another lie, or “gross misrepresentation”.

First the only criticism months ago about our team and parents were the "aggressiveness"... Now all of a sudden our parents were cursing at the refs ect...

Sorry, but say it all you want.. it DID NOT HAPPEN. Anyone who claims they heard DT South parents cursing at refs or other parents is lying. As said before, none of our parents, in ANY game have EVER exhibited such behavior.

Also, you want to play all innocent, but FACTS ARE… not ONE DT South poster has ever attacked another team or parent on this board, DESPITE the RELETLTNESS accusations and cheap shots from several LP parents….

Based on that FACT, tell me who needs to remember to “relax, it’s kids soccer”…..

You don't care about rankings? Funny how all of the DT South parents that have been posting today have one post. Seems to me that you are creating a bunch of aliases to argue with people about how great DT South is. What a coincidence that all of the DT South parents decided to join this message board today! And you can't handle the fact that no one is agreeing with you so now you are pissed off. The last thing I want to do is make you mad. I don't want to get knifed the next time I go to South Dallas. (Winning)
There are about 20 threads before this one that talks about the Dirty South (half of them by DoubleD who happens to be my internet hero), so don't take it out on me chief. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Sometimes the truth hurts. My sainted wife heard the same curse word repeated twice and even made a comment to me that she hoped our other kids didn't hear it. And since you are going to get personal, let's just lay it all out there. Are you teaching your kids to play dirty? It sure looks like it. Not one time did I hear your coach telling the players to watch their fouling and shoving. But I did hear some DT South parents encouraging their daughters to "get that girl".

BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04dad 09/03/11, 09:36 am

You don't care about rankings? Funny how all of the DT South parents that have been posting today have one post. Seems to me that you are creating a bunch of aliases to argue with people about how great DT South is. What a coincidence that all of the DT South parents decided to join this message board today!

Who else has claimed to be from DT South? I have never posted under any other alias... How old are you people? Also, there is a completely different thread that talks about rankings, and none of those parents claim to be DT South.

So let's be clear, you started crap on this thread about DT South parents. Several LP parents look for any chance they can to attack DT South... sounds like a little bit of resentment.

And you can't handle the fact that no one is agreeing with you so now you are pissed off. The last thing I want to do is make you mad. I don't want to get knifed the next time I go to South Dallas. (Winning)

I am not looking for agreement.... I am just posting another side to the story. Also, not sure what you are trying to imply... but contrary to beleif, not a single DT South kid comes from Dallas (not that it would be bad since I don't ususaly stereotype people based on where they live). Most are from GP, Mansfield, Arlington, and a few come as far north as Keller.

There are about 20 threads before this one that talks about the Dirty South (half of them by DoubleD who happens to be my internet hero), so don't take it out on me chief. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Right, so of all the teams we have played in the past year and a half, the only one that has had a "problem" with us was the "unbeatable" LP... who lost to us in tournament finals.... coincidence? I think not.

Sometimes the truth hurts. My sainted wife heard the same curse word repeated twice and even made a comment to me that she hoped our other kids didn't hear it.

If you heard anything like that, it was not from a DT South Parent... I was there... it didn't happen, and ALL of our parents KNOW that is grounds for being kicked from team... period.

And since you are going to get personal, let's just lay it all out there. Are you teaching your kids to play dirty? It sure looks like it. Not one time did I hear your coach telling the players to watch their fouling and shoving.

Give me a break. No one is teaching their DD to play dirty. Also, you wouldn't hear our coach say anything because he would talk to the girl individually on the sideline.

Our girls are athletic and aggressive. They are not afraid of a little contact, although they do not intentionally make illegal plays. There were a couple of hard fouls that game, but none intentional. You had two groups of girls amped up playing for 1st place and playing hard...So there were a couple of collisions... it happens with little kids. 99% of fouls in youth soccer are accidents. We have a very good coach and we don't teach dirty tactics as we are more focused on development than winning anyhow.

But please remember, Soccer is a contact sport... if you don't like the potential for contact you might want to consider volleyball or softball.

But I did hear some DT South parents encouraging their daughters to "get that girl".

Just plain ignorant... if parents yelled to get someone it was to cover them... not take them out. We had one dad whose daughter was involved in a hard collision react to LP parents freaking out by yelling something about making a good foul….he didn't want his daughter to feel bad and shy away from playing aggressive. It was not intentional… get over it.

Anyhow, that's the real story, I could care less if you are 100 "aliases" on this board agree. DT South is not on here attacking other teams, parents, or making fun of other DDs, which LP parents actualy did (making fun of one of our Hispanic players). Pretty pathetic stuff.

04dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by noimarealdoubleD 09/03/11, 10:47 am

Regurgitated from a prior post of mine.

What likely sparked a lot of animosity towards the parents came from the actions similar to that of the father I think you mention. He was standing up when he screamed this to his daughter.. midfield, closest to the opposing team's parents.

Overall, the play I saw was not skill based and the shouts by the parents on the sideline ("if she gets in your way knock her down") hardly suggest that this particular dad desired to see his daughter do an actual skill move to sidestep an opponent.

It's fine, it's common at every level. Just something other teams are going to have to be aware of when looking to see who the next match is against. Just wish my 6 year old could concentrate more on how to develop her footwork when challenged 1v1 rather than how to block a elbow to the chest or a toe pick. There's aggressive play and I'm all for that, trust, but then there's also dirty play, where a play on the ball isn't even attempted but rather how to pancake an opponent. That tactic will only go so far and at some point speed and skill will need to be up'd. That, or until they meet a more "physical" team.

This was NOT a dad who "didn't want his daughter to feel bad and shy away from playing aggressive." That comment clearly shows it was very much intentional.

And in a few threads it appears that it was not just the Liverpool team that had a problem with the Dirty South play that cold, dark, day. Yes, perhaps the LP parents are the most ... how shall I put this... bombastic however.

Now that's the E True Hollywood story.

And another reference to "if you can't take the physicality of the sport, perhaps try volleyball or softball." Interesting.

My kids can take contact from playing soccer. Give me a break, that's not what anyone is talking about here. What I will not allow them to take is a direct hit from anyone, slam to the back with the elbow outright, or a two handed push. Now I do wish my 6 year old wasn't forced to learn that already but you can rest assured they do now.
noimarealdoubleD
noimarealdoubleD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 09/03/11, 11:05 am

04dad wrote:
You don't care about rankings? Funny how all of the DT South parents that have been posting today have one post. Seems to me that you are creating a bunch of aliases to argue with people about how great DT South is. What a coincidence that all of the DT South parents decided to join this message board today!

Who else has claimed to be from DT South? I have never posted under any other alias... How old are you people? Also, there is a completely different thread that talks about rankings, and none of those parents claim to be DT South.

So let's be clear, you started crap on this thread about DT South parents. Several LP parents look for any chance they can to attack DT South... sounds like a little bit of resentment.

And you can't handle the fact that no one is agreeing with you so now you are pissed off. The last thing I want to do is make you mad. I don't want to get knifed the next time I go to South Dallas. (Winning)

I am not looking for agreement.... I am just posting another side to the story. Also, not sure what you are trying to imply... but contrary to beleif, not a single DT South kid comes from Dallas (not that it would be bad since I don't ususaly stereotype people based on where they live). Most are from GP, Mansfield, Arlington, and a few come as far north as Keller.

Right, so of all the teams we have played in the past year and a half, the only one that has had a "problem" with us was the "unbeatable" LP... who lost to us in tournament finals.... coincidence? I think not.

Sometimes the truth hurts. My sainted wife heard the same curse word repeated twice and even made a comment to me that she hoped our other kids didn't hear it.

If you heard anything like that, it was not from a DT South Parent... I was there... it didn't happen, and ALL of our parents KNOW that is grounds for being kicked from team... period.

And since you are going to get personal, let's just lay it all out there. Are you teaching your kids to play dirty? It sure looks like it. Not one time did I hear your coach telling the players to watch their fouling and shoving.

Give me a break. No one is teaching their DD to play dirty. Also, you wouldn't hear our coach say anything because he would talk to the girl individually on the sideline.

Our girls are athletic and aggressive. They are not afraid of a little contact, although they do not intentionally make illegal plays. There were a couple of hard fouls that game, but none intentional. You had two groups of girls amped up playing for 1st place and playing hard...So there were a couple of collisions... it happens with little kids. 99% of fouls in youth soccer are accidents. We have a very good coach and we don't teach dirty tactics as we are more focused on development than winning anyhow.

But please remember, Soccer is a contact sport... if you don't like the potential for contact you might want to consider volleyball or softball.

But I did hear some DT South parents encouraging their daughters to "get that girl".

Just plain ignorant... if parents yelled to get someone it was to cover them... not take them out. We had one dad whose daughter was involved in a hard collision react to LP parents freaking out by yelling something about making a good foul….he didn't want his daughter to feel bad and shy away from playing aggressive. It was not intentional… get over it.

Anyhow, that's the real story, I could care less if you are 100 "aliases" on this board agree. DT South is not on here attacking other teams, parents, or making fun of other DDs, which LP parents actualy did (making fun of one of our Hispanic players). Pretty pathetic stuff.

Nice spin control Charlie Sheen.

Like it or not, here are the facts:
1. The cursing I heard was from a father in his 30's standing near the middle of the sideline using the word "Bullsh**" after two different ref calls. He was wearing a T-Shirt, Blue Jeans and had short hair. This wasn't at the LP VS DT South game. This was a different game that I watched part of at that tournament. Maybe he didn't yell it at the top of his lungs, but it was loud enough for some parents and kids to hear him. Do you want me to pick him out of a lineup?

2. Besides the cursing, your parents had the worst behavior of any group of parents I have ever seen at any age at a soccer game. (at two different games that I watched you play) I was embarrassed for you. Hopefully your coach has given your parents "the talk". There is no room for that kind of behavior at a kids soccer game.

3. If your kids are fouling and running people over continually and your coach doesn't try to correct it immediately, then he is condoning that behavior.

I have seen almost every team play in your age group, and DT South is the only team that does these things. There were many, many people that saw what I saw at the PrimeTime Tournament.

You can continue to come on here and call me a liar if you like and try to change my mind, but I know what I saw and I am going to tell it like it is. As a matter of fact, the next time we play, I will be sure to film my daughter while standing behind your parents. That way I can get some of your out of control parents on video and post a youtube video of their unruly behavior. Maybe then, you will quit trying to act like you are bunch of angels.

Last edited by BallBuster on 09/03/11, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/11, 11:11 am

Big Red Machine wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
wolf2.0 wrote:10% of parents in every age group are crazy. The key is whether the 90% let them ruin it for them.

Anyone else think the 10% is running the 01s?

Assume you meant, "ruining." I would say the percentage is far greater than 10%. Every Top 20 team (01 Girls) is loaded with whacky parents.

Running, ruining, ta-mate-o, ta-maat-o.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/11, 12:43 pm

So if you think someone else's behavior is absurd but they think they are "winning" then why would they think they are not acting normal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/11, 12:56 pm

springzephyr wrote:So if you think someone else's behavior is absurd but they think they are "winning" then why would they think they are not acting normal?

You saw that same 20/20 special on Charlie Sheen didn't you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/11, 02:09 pm

DoubleDD wrote:
springzephyr wrote:So if you think someone else's behavior is absurd but they think they are "winning" then why would they think they are not acting normal?

You saw that same 20/20 special on Charlie Sheen didn't you. Smile

Bi-Winning!

Back to top Go down

Post by 04dad 09/03/11, 02:42 pm

BallBuster wrote:
04dad wrote:

Nice spin control Charlie Sheen.

Like it or not, here are the facts:
1. The cursing I heard was from a father in his 30's standing near the middle of the sideline using the word "Bullsh**" after two different ref calls. He was wearing a T-Shirt, Blue Jeans and had short hair. This wasn't at the LP VS DT South game. This was a different game that I watched part of at that tournament. Maybe he didn't yell it at the top of his lungs, but it was loud enough for some parents and kids to hear him. Do you want me to pick him out of a lineup?

2. Besides the cursing, your parents had the worst behavior of any group of parents I have ever seen at any age at a soccer game. (at two different games that I watched you play) I was embarrassed for you. Hopefully your coach has given your parents "the talk". There is no room for that kind of behavior at a kids soccer game.

3. If your kids are fouling and running people over continually and your coach doesn't try to correct it immediately, then he is condoning that behavior.

I have seen almost every team play in your age group, and DT South is the only team that does these things. There were many, many people that saw what I saw at the PrimeTime Tournament.

You can continue to come on here and call me a liar if you like and try to change my mind, but I know what I saw and I am going to tell it like it is. As a matter of fact, the next time we play, I will be sure to film my daughter while standing behind your parents. That way I can get some of your out of control parents on video and post a youtube video of their unruly behavior. Maybe then, you will quit trying to act like you are bunch of angels.

Obviously we are going to disagree. To me the story keeps changing... First it was at the LP game our parents "PLURAL" were yelling curse words at the refs. Then it changed to a different game and ONE parent cursing under his own breath vs. yelling curse words at the ref....

I can’t really speak to that other than to say there were several extra family members at the tournament for many of the DDs AND that again, I have NEVER heard ANY of our parents at ANY game or practice for that matter curse… PERIOD… That behavior is NOT tolerated in Texans South and it is NOT the kind of parents we have.

Finally, that is a complexly different picture you are painting now while also being very vague with the other “worst behavior by parents ever seen” line. Spare me the drama….

Actually, truth is LP parents were angry they lost (by gasp a non-sdl team), came on here and overhyped the situation and made insinuations and attacks on DT South parents AND DDs as being Mexican gangsters from some south Dallas hood.

That fact that our team is half white, no one is from Dallas, and much of our team is made up of parents with professions like wealth manager, entrepreneur, and medical doctor, further shows you have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

Anyhow, I am done with this... I've said my part and I look forward to playing LP again.

04dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 09/03/11, 03:02 pm

Anyhow, I am done with this... I've said my part and I look forward to playing LP again.

04Dad - you might not get the chance. After being so impressive at the Primtime tournament (going 3-2 with 2 1 goal wins and 2 losses by 6 goals) they decided that the '04 teams don't give them enough competition to develop properly. Instead they want to concentrate on development playing against D3 '03 girls.

Somehow the games they are winning by 5 or 6 goals develop their girls better than winning by 1 goal or God forbid, losing a game.

Go figure.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/03/11, 03:31 pm

And now enterinng the ring....from the deep dirty south....D...T.....SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 09/03/11, 03:40 pm

Hola Emilio.

La musica es el clasico! Genio absoluto!

Comprende?

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/03/11, 03:57 pm

I personaly did not hear any cursing from the DT south sideline. Don't speak any spanish so couldn't tell you there. There was plenty of yelling and yes there were calls to "take her out". Now I don't believe any parent actually wants someone taken out and sure it was said in the heat of the moment. The foul on my DD was not an accident. The girl left her feet and led with her forearms. Did she mean to hurt her? No I don't think so but she was reacting to what was coming from the sideline and mostly from one dad (from what I could tell). Should the coach have pulled her aside and talked to her? yes. Should the ref? yes. The parents? yes. This is just a little girl and the failure actually belongs to a multitude of adults who failed her. Sure the some of the comments of DT south are over the top but I think mostly done in jest. If DT south is a much improved team I think it would be a fun game. If it is the same over the top physical game then I would prefer not to play them again. FYI the big talk before our game was how over the top DTS was and the game exceeded those. So hope it is an issue that was delt with not encouraged. Oh and for yellowcard, they were winning by 5 and 6 goals last season too.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next