North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ODP Open Tryouts Announced - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ODP Open Tryouts Announced

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ODP Open Tryouts Announced - Page 2 Empty Re: ODP Open Tryouts Announced

Post by whatsup 15/11/11, 11:26 am

The second weekend of tryouts for my '00 was very enjoyable and good for her. I'm glad she's going through this process no matter the outcome.

whatsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 15/11/11, 01:09 pm

whatsup wrote:The second weekend of tryouts for my '00 was very enjoyable and good for her. I'm glad she's going through this process no matter the outcome.

Good attitude cheers
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 16/11/11, 09:50 am

whatsup wrote:The second weekend of tryouts for my '00 was very enjoyable and good for her. I'm glad she's going through this process no matter the outcome.
I wholeheartedly agree. My '00 was exhausted by the time we arrived home Sunday night, but she had fun and enjoyed scrimmaging with girls she's never had the opportunity to play with before.

And I have to admit I giggled at the communication issues between my DD and her coach/evaluator. She's never spoken to anyone with a heavy Irish (maybe Scottish) accent before. He had to slow his speech waaaaaay down for her to understand him. lol
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Multivitamin 26/11/11, 09:34 pm

I would like to ask why the South Texas ODP charges double what North Texas ODP charges. I live south but would make the drive north for just this reason - can I ???
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 27/11/11, 08:56 pm

What if my dd makes it through the program but the USWNT doesn't qualify for the Olympics the years she is eligible? I say it would be a ripoff! Thanks for nothing ODP!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 29/11/11, 11:46 pm

coachr wrote:What if my dd makes it through the program but the USWNT doesn't qualify for the Olympics the years she is eligible? I say it would be a ripoff! Thanks for nothing ODP!

That's what the World Cup is for.

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 03/12/11, 08:50 pm

Does anyone have an update on the try outs tomorrow? Weather is pretty crappy kind of hoping its canceled.
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermomma 03/12/11, 09:01 pm

Inclement Weather, What to Expect.

Rainout:
. All registered players will receive an email as soon as NTSSA is informed of field closures (the parks and recreation department determines field closures, not NTSSA)

. The NTSSA website (http://www.ntxsoccer.org/) will be updated on the homepage with an ODP Tryouts and/or ODP Training Cancellation headline

. The ODP Hotline (972-323-1323, follow menu prompts) will be updated with an ODP Tryouts and/or ODP Training Cancellation notification

. We do our best to communicate cancellation information as early as possible. Sometimes, we are fortunate enough to find out 24 - 48 hrs in advance. However, more times than not, we find out on the morning of the scheduled date

. When a cancellation occurs, we reschedule on the earliest possible date. All registered players will receive an email notification once the makeup date is scheduled and the NTSSA website will be updated to reflect the new scheduled date

Snow/Ice:
. Inclement weather causing city wide school and office closings, NTSSA follows the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD policy on whether or not we will be closed or experience a delayed opening

. Please refer to a local news channel for information
soccermomma
soccermomma
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 03/12/11, 10:03 pm

2000 GODP Tryouts scheduled for Sunday, December 4, 2011 have been cancelled due to field closures at McInnish Park caused by inclement weather.

Tryouts are rescheduled for December 18, 2011, same time, same location. An email blast reminder will be sent the week of the new tryout date.

Thank you,
Shawn Morgan
NTSSA ODP Administrator
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 03/12/11, 10:12 pm

cheers
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsup 27/03/12, 10:14 am

My daughter is really enjoying her 00 ODP experience. Had heard ODP training was poor: have seen only solid practices. Had heard ODP was political: haven't witnessed any of that and she was asked to go to California with the team for memorial day weekend. I hope her experience continues to be this positive (fingers crossed).

whatsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/03/12, 10:56 am

whatsup wrote:My daughter is really enjoying her 00 ODP experience. Had heard ODP training was poor: have seen only solid practices. Had heard ODP was political: haven't witnessed any of that and she was asked to go to California with the team for memorial day weekend. I hope her experience continues to be this positive (fingers crossed).

ODP training is poor = I don't want to add anymore time to my already busy schedule so I will create an excuse to not be involved or my daughter is not good enough and I don't want to deal with failure.

ODP is political = My daughter didn't make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 27/03/12, 10:59 am

whatsup wrote:My daughter is really enjoying her 00 ODP experience. Had heard ODP training was poor: have seen only solid practices. Had heard ODP was political: haven't witnessed any of that and she was asked to go to California with the team for memorial day weekend. I hope her experience continues to be this positive (fingers crossed).

I would totally agree. They have been excellent.
I have a older kid that has been in ODP for 5 years and prior to this year training was subpar.
They have made a LOT of improvement with the program this year as far as training and especially in the communication process.
Previously you would get information on the forumns before hearing from the manager.

Great work North Texas ODP!

P.S. My daughter hasn't received her letter for the California trip yet. Laughing
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by imabee 27/03/12, 11:51 am

So - if your DD gets invited to ODP california trip and her Select team plays in a tournament that same weekend, which do you do? Anyone can answer.

imabee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Itsme 27/03/12, 11:56 am

Its Me wrote:

I would totally agree. They have been excellent.
I have a older kid that has been in ODP for 5 years and prior to this year training was subpar.
They have made a LOT of improvement with the program this year as far as training and especially in the communication process.
Previously you would get information on the forumns before hearing from the manager.

Great work North Texas ODP!

P.S. My daughter hasn't received her letter for the California trip yet. Laughing

Count your blessings on the CA letter. My DD along with 21 other ODP buddies got one. The math sucks: ~$800 just for her to go (and I am going too) / 50% playtime (based on the math of 22 dd's/11 positions) = muy $$$. This is not the time to dwell on which team your dd landed on or whether or not she got a CA letter. The first year, based on my 98's experience, there was a good deal of movement between teams until they got the wrinkles ironed out. There is a girl who has made the 97 region 3 team who started out on the third NTX team at U11.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 27/03/12, 11:58 am

imabee wrote:

So - if your DD gets invited to ODP california trip and her Select team plays in a tournament that same weekend, which do you do? Anyone can answer.

California! Cool A Memorial Weekend tournament around here wouldn't count for anything really...
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 27/03/12, 11:59 am

imabee wrote:

Unless the team is springing a last minute tournament change then most parents/players know now what tournaments the team is doing that weekend.
My DD spoke with her coach last year and he suggested that she go ahead to CA instead of playing with the team since the CA trip was an experience that she would appreciate. So glad that Coach made that decision for DD because DD enjoyed the California trip so much and is too old to go this year. cyclops
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsup 27/03/12, 02:51 pm

imabee wrote:

We have no club conflict that weekend. If we had, however, my DD would go to California as I feel that any solid season and tournament commitments are fulfilled by that time.

whatsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 27/03/12, 05:52 pm

Of course, NTX/ODP rules are that "club comes first." GW has routinely implied that if there is a conflict, club takes priority.

But of course, actions speak louder than words. Why would ODP schedule an event during one of the busiest tournament weekends if they truly expected players to put club commitments first.

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuck Monkey 30/03/12, 05:46 am

Lawnboy wrote:Of course, NTX/ODP rules are that "club comes first." GW has routinely implied that if there is a conflict, club takes priority.

But of course, actions speak louder than words. Why would ODP schedule an event during one of the busiest tournament weekends if they truly expected players to put club commitments first.

NTX ODP says club comes first...California is the opposite, ODP comes before club. I think we will find during this process there are not consistent guidelines across all regions. While club comes first here, talk to your coach...more often than not they would prefer for you to participate in the ODP event.

Yuck Monkey
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 30/03/12, 07:41 am

Lawnboy wrote:Of course, NTX/ODP rules are that "club comes first." GW has routinely implied that if there is a conflict, club takes priority.

Hard to find weekends that something is not going on in some region but I do agree they could do better. GW does not imply club comes first, he flat out says it does. A good club coach would encourage a player to attend a regional ODP event. They regard it as one would being called up as happens to pros for the national teams. The rest of the team must step up in that players absence. It is an honor for the player and the club. If your coach does not see it that way then he is more concerned with winning games for his and the clubs rep than his is in having the player get a chance to be seen by national team scouts.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsup 02/04/12, 02:28 pm

Another solid Sunday of ODP practice. Quality drills and coaching. I really like the positional practices; they're far more productive at addressing the needs of a specific position. I haven't seen a club coach be able to pull that off without the feeling that a position or two was getting short changed.

whatsup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2