North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

The fastest way to being good Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

The fastest way to being good

Go down

The fastest way to being good Empty The fastest way to being good

Post by fsmagic10 30/01/12, 05:30 pm

http://www.ferdiesoccermagic.com/products.phphttp://www.ferdiesoccermagic.com/products.php

fsmagic10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.ferdiesoccermagic.com

Back to top Go down

The fastest way to being good Empty Re: The fastest way to being good

Post by RosiePalms 30/01/12, 05:36 pm

Just teaching ball hogs useless skills. Nothing makes me laugh more than watching the player with no game tactics do useless moves right before getting owned. Get your kid in the backyard juggling or take her to a game, don't waste your money with this clown.
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 30/01/12, 07:23 pm

RosiePalms wrote:Just teaching ball hogs useless skills. Nothing makes me laugh more than watching the player with no game tactics do useless moves right before getting owned. Get your kid in the backyard juggling or take her to a game, don't waste your money with this clown.

You didn't play soccer, right? What was your sport?

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/02/12, 12:06 am

intrinsic wrote:
RosiePalms wrote:Just teaching ball hogs useless skills. Nothing makes me laugh more than watching the player with no game tactics do useless moves right before getting owned. Get your kid in the backyard juggling or take her to a game, don't waste your money with this clown.

You didn't play soccer, right? What was your sport?

i think he is still in the bathroom. i didn't play soccer myself and i don't think learning lots of cute tricks makes a complete soccer player. i have however, learned a few things watching hundreds of academy and select games and know that winning one on one match ups and 50/50 balls separates the winners from the losers. controlling space is the concept, but you have to have and maintain possession to do so. similar to American football where you can boil it down to minimizing turnovers and penalties wins games. i don't know this fella and am not endorsing the product, but it has a very practical use in the game. not just "useless skills".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/02/12, 06:40 am

From what i am getting from the conversation. You clearly must seek an even balance of technical and tactical awareness to become a well rounded type player! So it seems you might need some of the useless tricks yet when and where and how freqeuntly to use them is imporant!

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 01/02/12, 07:21 am

You just lost all credibility with this stupid statement!
I'm sure you're one of the parents that just screams kick it down the field, now run and get it. Unfortunately, that's not soccer.

I'll be the first to say and stand by my statemtent that Ferdie is on to the top trainers in the metroplex. It's not all about moves that he's teaching.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dd9903 01/02/12, 09:46 am

Its Me wrote:

You just lost all credibility with this stupid statement!
I'm sure you're one of the parents that just screams kick it down the field, now run and get it. Unfortunately, that's not soccer.

I'll be the first to say and stand by my statemtent that Ferdie is on to the top trainers in the metroplex. It's not all about moves that he's teaching.

I second that! From experience, I can say that Ferdie is a class act and the kids absolutely love working with him. What would this world be like without trolls... I can only imagine.
dd9903
dd9903
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfreak 01/02/12, 09:49 am

Ferdie's getting some good advertising, bet his website hits are up Smile And he is too nice to fall for the bait.

futbolfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

The fastest way to being good Empty Nothing works faster and better

Post by fsmagic10 09/02/12, 10:41 pm

fsmagic10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/02/12, 10:58 pm

Just get your kid a ball and let him play. My BB has gone to maybe 2 skills sessions with friends and absolutely hated it. He just wants to play and never passes on an opportunity. Pick up, futsal, indoor, living room, or just kicking around with me. The older he get the more I watch kids whose parents have spent thousands of dollars on skills get passed by kids who are just talented. The ball and the game are the teacher. It's not just the mechanics but the timing and the whens and wheres. To learn this the kids need to be free to play without the fear of failure or wins and losses. I personally wish there were fewer people out selling their skills and more places to just play. After all thousands of kids in Brazil have done much better without the aid of carpets and skills.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 10/02/12, 12:49 am

go99 wrote:Just get your kid a ball and let him play. My BB has gone to maybe 2 skills sessions with friends and absolutely hated it. He just wants to play and never passes on an opportunity. Pick up, futsal, indoor, living room, or just kicking around with me. The older he get the more I watch kids whose parents have spent thousands of dollars on skills get passed by kids who are just talented. The ball and the game are the teacher. It's not just the mechanics but the timing and the whens and wheres. To learn this the kids need to be free to play without the fear of failure or wins and losses. I personally wish there were fewer people out selling their skills and more places to just play. After all thousands of kids in Brazil have done much better without the aid of carpets and skills.
I've got a Brazilian skills training pass. Half off for only $75. You want it?
Smile
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 10/02/12, 12:54 am

The fastest way to get good is hire someone with an accent to teach your kid skills!
If your kid doesn't pick up the sport in less than a week then your skills trainer has failed.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fsmagic10 10/02/12, 01:14 am

go99 wrote:Just get your kid a ball and let him play. My BB has gone to maybe 2 skills sessions with friends and absolutely hated it. He just wants to play and never passes on an opportunity. Pick up, futsal, indoor, living room, or just kicking around with me. The older he get the more I watch kids whose parents have spent thousands of dollars on skills get passed by kids who are just talented. The ball and the game are the teacher. It's not just the mechanics but the timing and the whens and wheres. To learn this the kids need to be free to play without the fear of failure or wins and losses. I personally wish there were fewer people out selling their skills and more places to just play. After all thousands of kids in Brazil have done much better without the aid of carpets and skills.

The game only teaches those who have tools to play. The only thing the game teaches you when you don't have tools is "YOU NEED TOOLS". The earlier a child has tools, the sooner the game begins to teach them. This understanding is the key to successful development. My magic carpet starts a child on the tools of the game at 3 successfully. Instead of starting to learn skills at 6, our children can be learning the game at 6. Advancing Development.

fsmagic10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/02/12, 06:49 am

kids from around the world do great, in fact much better than kids here and they do it without all of these "tools"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sole roll 10/02/12, 07:07 am

I think most of the kids abroad get there "tools" by either mimicking a player they watch on television or from some of the older kids in the neighborhood that they play with on a daily basis.

Our kids don't watch enough good soccer and they don't play enough "pick up" games. In america we have to drive our kids somewhere to play pick up games because not enough kids in each neighborhood are interested in playing soccer.

I like Ferdie's "tools" analogy. Some kids can pick it up on their own and some need proper skills coaches. It's a damn shame that so few academy coaches actually give their players the proper tools for future success and development. And even sadder.....most parents don't even realize this as long as their kids team is winning games.

Sole roll
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsidepacman 10/02/12, 08:39 am

a $300 carpet

Offsidepacman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/02/12, 08:48 am

yeah but you can put a price on making your kid good. I am sure it is worth every penny. I heard Neymar grew up with one.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down