North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

5A Playoff Picture Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

5A Playoff Picture

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

5A Playoff Picture Empty 5A Playoff Picture

Post by socrocks 06/03/12, 12:15 pm

Big win for Marcus over Plano West last night (2-0). And Fossil Ridge over Coppell supports their "real deal" status.

Still some key games to be played in 7-5A and 8-5A....but what tough districts those are. Having to square off against each other first round is almost unfair. There will be teams advancing to Regional Semi's that probably couldn't place in the top 6 in either of these districts. It's a shame that really, really good teams will be done after the first round.

I looked at potential match-ups based on current standings. How about Marcus vs Southlake and Coppell vs Flower Mound in round 1? I have the brackets in a spreadsheet but can't figure out how to post it on the forum. If anyone wants to try to post it, let me know and I'll get it to you so you can try.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

5A Playoff Picture Empty Re: 5A Playoff Picture

Post by Stoke City 06/03/12, 02:13 pm

This may seem like a dumb question (it has never applied to my dd before this year): how many teams per district make the playoffs? Thanks
Stoke City
Stoke City
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 06/03/12, 02:26 pm

Stoke City wrote:This may seem like a dumb question (it has never applied to my dd before this year): how many teams per district make the playoffs? Thanks

Four
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 1st 2theball 06/03/12, 03:01 pm

socrocks wrote:Big win for Marcus over Plano West last night (2-0). And Fossil Ridge over Coppell supports their "real deal" status.

Still some key games to be played in 7-5A and 8-5A....but what tough districts those are. Having to square off against each other first round is almost unfair. There will be teams advancing to Regional Semi's that probably couldn't place in the top 6 in either of these districts. It's a shame that really, really good teams will be done after the first round.

I looked at potential match-ups based on current standings. How about Marcus vs Southlake and Coppell vs Flower Mound in round 1? I have the brackets in a spreadsheet but can't figure out how to post it on the forum. If anyone wants to try to post it, let me know and I'll get it to you so you can try.

Who do you have as the "potential" matchup for Ridge?
1st 2theball
1st 2theball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 06/03/12, 03:11 pm

1st 2theball wrote:
socrocks wrote:Big win for Marcus over Plano West last night (2-0). And Fossil Ridge over Coppell supports their "real deal" status.

First Hebron....then winner of Mansfield Timberview/Trinity,
then winner of group consisting of Coppell/Flower Mound, Midlothian/LD Bell.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 06/03/12, 04:26 pm

socrocks wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:

So Coppell or Flower Mound
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by John Galt 06/03/12, 05:06 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
socrocks wrote:
1st 2theball wrote:

So Coppell or Flower Mound

I've seen Bell in both games vs Grapevine they are much better than they are getting credit for.
John Galt
John Galt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 06/03/12, 05:48 pm

Still some key games to be played in 7-5A and 8-5A...but what tough districts those are. Having to square off against each other first round is almost unfair. There will be teams advancing to Regional Semi's that probably couldn't place in the top 6 in either of these districts. It's a shame that really, really good teams will be done after the first round.

The potential match ups are indeed crazy. All 8 teams currently in playoff position from 7-5A and 8-5A could go deep in the playoffs if not having to take each other out first...and there are at least 2 others in Allen and Denton Guyer that might make it and would be at/near the top of almost any other district. I realize that Boyd won state last year from region 2, but clearly the overwhelming majority of top programs in the state will be beating each other up for the region 1 championship. Fortunately, UIL realignment seems to have addressed this a little for next year.

3 points separates the top 3 in 7-5A, but based on schedule, I just don't think Fossil Ridge loses or ties through the end of district. I don't think Carroll can catch them (as crazy as that sounds). Seems like this Friday's game between Carroll and Coppell will determine who gets 2nd. (Just for the record, I still think Carroll is the top team in 5A despite recent losses)

4 points separates the top 4 in 8-5A. Plano West can hold on to first if they win out. Flower Mound is holding on for dear life to 2nd right now with both Marcus and Hebron nipping at their heels. If Flower Mound beats Plano West in a couple weeks, they likely win the district, but that's a very big "if". Otherwise, Flower Mound likely falls to 3rd with Marcus and Plano West winning out. Key matches in the 10 days after spring break are Hebron/Plano West; Plano West/Flower Mound and Marcus/Hebron. Other schools in district could prove to be spoilers on any given night...Allen has a very tough road to playoffs as they play the top 4 in district for their last 4 games; however, nothing would surprise me at this point. Good luck to all the girls... Smile
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 06/03/12, 06:43 pm

Ferris wrote:

Still some key games to be played in 7-5A and 8-5A...but what tough districts those are. Having to square off against each other first round is almost unfair. There will be teams advancing to Regional Semi's that probably couldn't place in the top 6 in either of these districts. It's a shame that really, really good teams will be done after the first round.

The potential match ups are indeed crazy. All 8 teams currently in playoff position from 7-5A and 8-5A could go deep in the playoffs if not having to take each other out first...and there are at least 2 others in Allen and Denton Guyer that might make it and would be at/near the top of almost any other district. I realize that Boyd won state last year from region 2, but clearly the overwhelming majority of top programs in the state will be beating each other up for the region 1 championship. Fortunately, UIL realignment seems to have addressed this a little for next year.

3 points separates the top 3 in 7-5A, but based on schedule, I just don't think Fossil Ridge loses or ties through the end of district. I don't think Carroll can catch them (as crazy as that sounds). Seems like this Friday's game between Carroll and Coppell will determine who gets 2nd. (Just for the record, I still think Carroll is the top team in 5A despite recent losses)

4 points separates the top 4 in 8-5A. Plano West can hold on to first if they win out. Flower Mound is holding on for dear life to 2nd right now with both Marcus and Hebron nipping at their heels. If Flower Mound beats Plano West in a couple weeks, they likely win the district, but that's a very big "if". Otherwise, Flower Mound likely falls to 3rd with Marcus and Plano West winning out. Key matches in the 10 days after spring break are Hebron/Plano West; Plano West/Flower Mound and Marcus/Hebron. Other schools in district could prove to be spoilers on any given night...Allen has a very tough road to playoffs as they play the top 4 in district for their last 4 games; however, nothing would surprise me at this point. Good luck to all the girls... Smile

Good points and breakdown of the two districts. If Southlake can beat Coppell then I think they still have a chance to win the district. A loss or a tie makes it very difficult to near impossible. Ridge has played several close games (8 out of 10 district games were within one goal or tie for Ridge, 3/10 for SLC,4/10 for Coppell) and came out on top in most of them but that also leaves the door open for a tie (they tied Guyer the first round). I think it may come down to the last game of the district with Keller and Ridge duking it out (if they have not already clinched first).

It is too bad that there will be a couple of good teams from these districts that won't even make the playoffs and then several will lose out in the first round. Reminds me of the "other" football playoffs.
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 06/03/12, 11:36 pm

u95g dad wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Good points and breakdown of the two districts. If Southlake can beat Coppell then I think they still have a chance to win the district. A loss or a tie makes it very difficult to near impossible. Ridge has played several close games (8 out of 10 district games were within one goal or tie for Ridge, 3/10 for SLC,4/10 for Coppell) and came out on top in most of them but that also leaves the door open for a tie (they tied Guyer the first round). I think it may come down to the last game of the district with Keller and Ridge duking it out (if they have not already clinched first).

It is too bad that there will be a couple of good teams from these districts that won't even make the playoffs and then several will lose out in the first round. Reminds me of the "other" football playoffs.

DAD I agree on one front to have seen the first Keller v Coppell and especailly keller v/ridge games were close. Ridge could have went either way. Last game is at Keller on senior nite, so who knows. This district is not over yet. Upsets even in our case is very possible! going to 8-5A for bi district really sucks, why cant we get Arlington or FW schools? Doesn't seem fair we blow ourselves up early!
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by badcramp 08/03/12, 06:49 am

careful what you wish for pitchmon Wink

badcramp
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 08/03/12, 10:40 am

badcramp wrote:careful what you wish for pitchmon Wink

badcramp.....it appears you're suggesting that an Arlington or a Ft Worth school would prove tough for the 7-5A of 8-5A playoff teams. Who are you referring to?
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 08/03/12, 12:48 pm

socrocks wrote:

badcramp.....it appears you're suggesting that an Arlington or a Ft Worth school would prove tough for the 7-5A of 8-5A playoff teams. Who are you referring to?
Sadly and Unfortunately, it really doesn't matter what 7-5A or 8-5A teams wish for...they have to fight it out among just themselves and several quality teams from 5-5A/6-5A through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. Districts 5, 6, 7 and 8-5A don't even potentially meet a team from Arlington or Fort Worth until the regional semi-finals. Crazy!

Just to recap the madness...you have 8 of the top 20 5-A schools in the state (according to ESPNHS ranking) as well as several other quality schools like Hebron, Keller, Midlothian, Euless-Trinity, LD Bell and Mansfield Legacy, etc...a total of 14 of arguably the top 30 5-A programs in the state (weighted heavily towards the top with 9 of the state's top 15) fighting for JUST TWO of the 16 regional semifinal spots available in the state of Texas. A terrible injustice to most of the girls' soccer programs in the DFW area and a disservice to the other state programs as a whole. Completely insane...
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontheball 09/03/12, 11:19 pm

socrocks wrote:

Texas: 1. Plano West (13-1-3), 2. McKinney Boyd (14-1-2), 3. Marcus (17-2-1), 4. Mansfield (13-1-4),5. Coppell (15-2-3), 6. Southlake Carroll (19-2-0), 7. Ursuline Academy (22-2-0*), 8. Klein Oak (16-0-1), 9. Kingwood (15-2-2), 10. Grapevine (15-2-3),

I think Mansfield who handily beat Coppell in preseason. That is of course, if we play well. Timberview and Legacy from Mansfield are not on this list, nor do I think they have been.
ontheball
ontheball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by badcramp 10/03/12, 01:13 pm

not only did Mansfield HS beat Coppell(being touted as a contender, rightfully so) but Mansfield Legacy is just as dangerous.... and faster. affraid

badcramp
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontheball 10/03/12, 04:19 pm

badcramp wrote:not only did Mansfield HS beat Coppell(being touted as a contender, rightfully so) but Mansfield Legacy is just as dangerous.... and faster. affraid

See you Tuesday...Smile
ontheball
ontheball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by badcramp 11/03/12, 08:19 am

Is there a centralized link/site that shows all current standings and teams by district?

badcramp
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 11/03/12, 09:38 am

For those of us that don't have highschool aged DD's yet, can you guys keep us posted on gametimes for some of the better matchups. The DD likes to get out and watch and i'm sure the teams could use some extra people in the crowd...
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 11/03/12, 10:41 am

1more_dd_dad wrote:For those of us that don't have highschool aged DD's yet, can you guys keep us posted on gametimes for some of the better matchups. The DD likes to get out and watch and i'm sure the teams could use some extra people in the crowd...

Sportsmobility.net is a great resource for both centralized result/district standings for much of the state and also game schedules, including a google map to most of the fields.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 11/03/12, 11:16 am

Ferris wrote:
1more_dd_dad wrote:For those of us that don't have highschool aged DD's yet, can you guys keep us posted on gametimes for some of the better matchups. The DD likes to get out and watch and i'm sure the teams could use some extra people in the crowd...

Sportsmobility.net is a great resource for both centralized result/district standings for much of the state and also game schedules, including a google map to most of the fields.

I've seen the site, wasn't sure if it had playoff matchup though. Thanks!
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 11/03/12, 12:13 pm

1more_dd_dad wrote:
Ferris wrote:

I've seen the site, wasn't sure if it had playoff matchup though. Thanks!
Not yet, but towards end of March as teams/games are set, it will. Blank bracket is on UIL's site currently to see which districts will play each other.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

5A Playoff Picture Empty Playoff predictions

Post by locomotion 11/03/12, 11:35 pm

I think Boyd (2), or Rowlett(Cool make it to the finals. There is no one in their way, I believe, unless Klein Oak (1) or Austin Westlake (19) really are that good. No proof of that yet. I believe that the possibilities out of here are overrated though.

Region 1 and Region 3 have all of the competition. Fossil Ridge (24), Carroll (3), Coppell (18), Plano West (16), Marcus (4), Flower Mound (12), Grapevine (13) in Region 1 is ridiculously hard to pick. Clements (6), Austin (7), Clear Lake (33), Clear Springs (49), Cypress Fair (5), Kempner (25), Houston Aldine (26), Alief Elsik (38) Seven Lakes (22), Memorial (29) and a few others in my top 50, could all come out of Region 3.

I think that I have to go with Marcus vs. Boyd in the finals with Marcus coming out on top this year. Maybe Carroll also.

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Frogfan1 12/03/12, 12:45 am

locomotion wrote:I think Boyd (2), or Rowlett(Cool make it to the finals. There is no one in their way, I believe, unless Klein Oak (1) or Austin Westlake (19) really are that good. No proof of that yet. I believe that the possibilities out of here are overrated though.

Region 1 and Region 3 have all of the competition. Fossil Ridge (24), Carroll (3), Coppell (18), Plano West (16), Marcus (4), Flower Mound (12), Grapevine (13) in Region 1 is ridiculously hard to pick. Clements (6), Austin (7), Clear Lake (33), Clear Springs (49), Cypress Fair (5), Kempner (25), Houston Aldine (26), Alief Elsik (38) Seven Lakes (22), Memorial (29) and a few others in my top 50, could all come out of Region 3.

I think that I have to go with Marcus vs. Boyd in the finals with Marcus coming out on top this year. Maybe Carroll also.

What about your 4a playoff predictions Loco?
Frogfan1
Frogfan1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 12/03/12, 12:59 pm

Does anybody know the tiebreakers for the districts? Are they the same or does each district have their own tiebreaker process? I am most interested in 7-5A and 8-5A. 7-5A probably won't have any ties but 8-5A looks possible.
u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

5A Playoff Picture Empty 5A District Tiebreakers?

Post by Ferris 12/03/12, 06:01 pm

u95g dad wrote:Does anybody know the tiebreakers for the districts? Are they the same or does each district have their own tiebreaker process? I am most interested in 7-5A and 8-5A. 7-5A probably won't have any ties but 8-5A looks possible.
Looking at UIL website and soccer manuals, rules, guidelines, it appears that tiebreakers and tiebreaker rules are the responsibility of each district's Executive Committee. Apparently, they have minutes whereby these tiebreaker rules/procedures have been decided in advance of the season. I couldn't find anything online re. these minutes, etc. However, the Executive Committee Chair for district 7-5A is Susan Elza, the Executive Athletic Director at Northwest ISD. You may want to ask her.

For district 8-5A, it is Steve Williams, the Athletic Director for Allen ISD. I'm going to try and get in touch with him to ask the same for 8-5A.

One additional interesting item of note is that each tie apparently represents 1/2 game won and 1/2 game lost, so it takes 2 ties to equal a win, not 3 (if you're using traditional soccer points for standings and assigning 3 points to a win and 1 to a tie).
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next