North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Ronaldo and Messi Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Ronaldo and Messi

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ronaldo and Messi Empty Ronaldo and Messi

Post by Lawnboy 19/03/12, 10:05 am

Nice article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304724404577289380688703556.html?grcc=a00cba6df71e494964740d4cd059bf62Z10&mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_sports

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo and Messi Empty Re: Ronaldo and Messi

Post by Busby Babes 19/03/12, 02:00 pm

Nice article. Ronaldo, for me, is a more complete, dynamic player. Messi, no doubt brilliant, is a product of an efficient system at Barca. He has Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, etc who all contribute to his success, especially Xavi and Iniesta. You see his form drop when he plays for Country. He doesn't have the type of players for Argentina in support, and the system they play is different.

Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 19/03/12, 02:08 pm

Argentinian players are a bit selfish with the ball, soccer is a team sport that's why Messi doesn't accomplish what he does on Barca. IMO I would take Messi any day over Ronaldo.
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yankeedandy03 19/03/12, 02:41 pm

no contest king leo..all day
yankeedandy03
yankeedandy03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 19/03/12, 03:09 pm

This is a perfect topic for a poll. I'd have to go with Messi
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 19/03/12, 03:20 pm

Messi. Whether I'd get to play with him or just sit and watch him play, he's the guy I'd rather have on my team. He makes everyone around him much better.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ekkeeper1 19/03/12, 03:20 pm

Messi! A lot classier player then Ronaldo in my opinion. Both fantastic players. Both are great at what they do scoring goals!

ekkeeper1
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 19/03/12, 04:17 pm

I'll take Messi, but I believe my dd's will take Ronaldo.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo and Messi Empty I prefer Messi

Post by twotouch 19/03/12, 05:09 pm

I prefer Messi as a player. The combination of close control, speed, creativity and vision is like no one else.

Don't forget that Messi led La Liga in assists last year, not to mention leading all the top leagues in the world in scoring. He's on pace to score more than 60 goals in all competitions this year--ridiculous! It is true that he benefits from Barca's system and the great players around him, as Ronaldo benefits from Los Galacticos. Neither scores nearly as often for country as for club. In Messi's case, that's because he must play deeper and create more for Argentina's side. Up front, Argentina has Aguero, Higuain, Tevez, Di Maria, Lavezzi--Diego Milito can't even get on the field. In the midfield, they have players who can hold but few creators. So that is what Messi does--plus scoring more than any of their other "big guns" Smile

He's the best I've ever seen.
twotouch
twotouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 19/03/12, 06:22 pm

I'd choose Messi if I were forming an eleven man team. Still not as good as Maradona or Pele.
I'd choose C. Ronaldo for my 2v2 team in the yard.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 19/03/12, 07:46 pm

Messi is a great player, no denying that. He also benefits, hugely, from having Xavi and Iniesta, and Pep Guardiola's system. Messi would not be as effective a player in a physical league like the Premier League.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 19/03/12, 08:43 pm

Busby Babes wrote:Messi is a great player, no denying that. He also benefits, hugely, from having Xavi and Iniesta, and Pep Guardiola's system. Messi would not be as effective a player in a physical league like the Premier League.
Jordan had Pippen. Jordan played for some of the most successful coaches in NBA history.

Pippen was named 1 of the 50 Greatest NBA Players of All-Time. Does that mean Jordan was only a really good basketball player without Scottie Pippen? Or did Jordan help make Pippen into one of those 50 Greatest NBA Players of All-Time? Is Jordan maybe a part of the reason those coaches were so successful?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bevowhoopin 19/03/12, 09:03 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:Messi is a great player, no denying that. He also benefits, hugely, from having Xavi and Iniesta, and Pep Guardiola's system. Messi would not be as effective a player in a physical league like the Premier League.
Jordan had Pippen.

Pippen was named 1 of the 50 Greatest NBA Players of All-Time. Does that mean Jordan was only a really good basketball player without Scottie Pippen? Or did Jordan help make Pippen into one of those 50 Greatest NBA Players of All-Time?

Shaq was the most physical, didn't make him a good ball player. Messi plays the game right, unbelievable scorer but also distributes the ball to his teammates as he is pulling the defense away from them. Also, with as many goals as he scores, if you think he is a little selfish, I think he has earned that right. And he is 3 years younger than ronaldo...
bevowhoopin
bevowhoopin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 19/03/12, 09:07 pm

Note: pep is a graduate of la masia just like the other players you mentioned. He just holds everyone to the plan.
Messi is one of the best players ever. He would be the best player in any league right now. RVP is the best BPL player this year, hands down. Dempsey is arguably the second best player in England this year. Surely, Messi is better than Van Persie and Clint. Rooney called Messi the best ever just last week.
On the surface your argument has its merits but dig into the idea and the answer reveals itself.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 19/03/12, 09:12 pm

bevowhoopin wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
Jordan had Pippen.

Pippen was named 1 of the 50 Greatest NBA Players of All-Time. Does that mean Jordan was only a really good basketball player without Scottie Pippen? Or did Jordan help make Pippen into one of those 50 Greatest NBA Players of All-Time?

Shaq was the most physical, didn't make him a good ball player. Messi plays the game right, unbelievable scorer but also distributes the ball to his teammates as he is pulling the defense away from them. Also, with as many goals as he scores, if you think he is a little selfish, I think he has earned that right. And he is 3 years younger than ronaldo...
I played bball. Jordan was blessed with all the tools but my pound per pound best nba player I ever witnessed was Iverson. He was 5 1/2 inches shorter than Jordan and still owned
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twotouch 19/03/12, 09:23 pm

If Messi played in the Premier League, he would be the league's best player without doubt. Wayne Rooney says that Messi is the best ever (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2012/03/07/2953404/wayne-rooney-says-lionel-messi-is-the-best-ever-soccer).

Remember that Cristiano Ronaldo won the Ballon D'Or in 2008 while playing with Rooney at Manchester United. If you think he's more physical than Messi, check youtube for "Cristiano Ronaldo dives" and then check "Messi doesn't dive."
twotouch
twotouch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ekkeeper1 19/03/12, 09:28 pm

twotouch wrote:

If Messi played in the Premier League, he would be the league's best player without doubt. Wayne Rooney says that Messi is the best ever (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2012/03/07/2953404/wayne-rooney-says-lionel-messi-is-the-best-ever-soccer).

Remember that Cristiano Ronaldo won the Ballon D'Or in 2008 while playing with Rooney at Manchester United. If you think he's more physical than Messi, check youtube for "Cristiano Ronaldo dives" and then check "Messi doesn't dive."

I would pick Messi because of the above reason. I have watched games in which Messi has had guys attempting to take him down in the box or coming down the field and he stay son his feet makes the pass and scores the goal. He for most part does not at least when I have watched dive. Ronaldo although he is flashy, has great speed/footskills and a killer stirke he spend way too much time on the ground.

Id watch Messi before Ronaldo but both fun to watch at times. Both great. I think Messi could excel in the EPL for sure. Both players would be good wherever they play.

ekkeeper1
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by deny your goal 19/03/12, 09:29 pm

Both are amazing to watch the talent cup overflowing for the both of them. They are very versatile but have help from others around them.

King Leo can even play in the goal. Though I wonder if it hasn't been photo shopped still a cool picture.

http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/case-were-wondering-lionel-messi-play-goal-too-202604501.html

Also on youtube we enjoyed Cristiano "Tested to the Limit" our bb watched the entire 45min he is an amazing athlete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtwEwAf9Tk

For our family if it is Barcelona vs Real Madrid it is Barcelona all the way!
deny your goal
deny your goal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooner than later 19/03/12, 09:36 pm

coachr wrote:
bevowhoopin wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:
Jordan had Pippen.

I played bball. Jordan was blessed with all the tools but my pound per pound best nba player I ever witnessed was Iverson. He was 5 1/2 inches shorter than Jordan and still owned

Sooner than later
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yankeedandy03 19/03/12, 09:51 pm

please stop comparing a i to jordan.. not even close to messi an ronaldo.. a i wasnt even the best of his draft class.. masked mamba
yankeedandy03
yankeedandy03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 20/03/12, 07:13 am

coachr wrote:
Note: pep is a graduate of la masia just like the other players you mentioned. He just holds everyone to the plan.
Messi is one of the best players ever. He would be the best player in any league right now. RVP is the best BPL player this year, hands down. Dempsey is arguably the second best player in England this year. Surely, Messi is better than Van Persie and Clint. Rooney called Messi the best ever just last week.
On the surface your argument has its merits but dig into the idea and the answer reveals itself.

Dempsey is not even worthy to be involved in this convo..Dempsey isn't anywhere near Premier Leagues 2nd best player. lol
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 20/03/12, 10:00 am

yankeedandy03 wrote:please stop comparing a i to jordan.. not even close to messi an ronaldo.. a i wasnt even the best of his draft class.. masked mamba
When ai played only one other was close and that's Kobert. Kob is 6'7", Jordan 6'6", Iverson 6' .
If Iverson was 6'7" he'd be the greatest of all time. Remember, my argument was pound for pound.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 20/03/12, 10:08 am

Busby Babes wrote:
coachr wrote:

Dempsey is not even worthy to be involved in this convo..Dempsey isn't anywhere near Premier Leagues 2nd best player. lol
You are either ignorant or an idiot. Clint has 18 goals in all competitions last I checked and that's for Fulham! I listen to several podcasts a day at work and almost every writer and commentator in England would vote Dempsey player of the year if not for RVPs world beating season.
The only reason Clint's not with a top 4 team is because he doesn't play a traditional position. Educate yourself before you step in my yard ya muppet.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 20/03/12, 10:16 am

coachr wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
coachr wrote:

You are either ignorant or an idiot. Clint has 18 goals in all competitions last I checked and that's for Fulham! I listen to several podcasts a day at work and almost every writer and commentator in England would vote Dempsey player of the year if not for RVPs world beating season.
The only reason Clint's not with a top 4 team is because he doesn't play a traditional position. Educate yourself before you step in my yard ya muppet.

LOL, I'm fully aware of Dempsey's goal scoring tally this season. So your saying he is having a better season than Rooney, RVP, Aguero, Silva, etc... Traditional position, lol, he isn't on a big team because he is not big team material. Just in goal scoring alone, in the Premier League, RVP, Rooney, Aguero, Demba Ba, Dzeko, and Yakubu have all scored more goals. When you add goals and assists together, it's even a greater amount of players ahead. U should try educating yourself a little better, take your on medicine. You're not even in my league when it comes to football knowledge,muppet... and I'll just leave it at that..

Last edited by Busby Babes on 20/03/12, 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 20/03/12, 10:20 am

I love Clint Dempsey, love him. He's nowhere near the 2nd best player in the EPL and Silva is easily the next player in line for Player of the Year behind RVP. I'm not even sure Clint would make the top 5 on the PoY list (RVP, Silva, Aguero, Rooney, Ba, then maybe Clint).

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next