North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Human top 15 now that league play has ended Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Human top 15 now that league play has ended

Go down

Human top 15 now that league play has ended Empty Human top 15 now that league play has ended

Post by 02SuburbanSoccerDad 16/04/12, 01:28 pm

Thought I would start a new human poll after the conclusion of Primetime and (I think) SDL...I must confess I really have seen Primetime this year along with a couple SDL games so I can't comment on teams I don't see...therefore I will limit it to the top 15 for me...

1. FD Dallas Premier...so much talent and can score in bunches. D is also unreal
2. Texans Higgy...They are a team, a real good one, no matter who they are playing
3. DT South...I just think they can beat everyone except Grubb/Higgy..that's why they are 3
4. SRSA Colvin...real clos with DT South...may bump above them by qualifying
5. Solar Dynamo..have seen them look awesome and average--but talent + great style
6. FCD Renfro..seems to have settled on roster...play a lot of games
7. Sting 02..much like Dynamo--can look great and not so great week to week
8. Fever Red...got much better as season went on.
9. Solar Gio..can't argue with their results and tourney wins. huge leap in 6 months
10. Polaris...a slight, slight edge over Waco--they tied in PT and are very close
11. Waco Lady Blast..forward is a joy to watch..right there with 8-10
12. Liverpool Rangel...tough season but good tie vs. Dynamo & got an easy W over D'Feeters
13. TFC Elite..solid team..will be interesting when they have to pick a roster
14. Southlake Saints..good recent trend of performance
15. Liverpool Thompson...beating everyone they play,be intersting when they play better teams

02SuburbanSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Human top 15 now that league play has ended Empty Re: Human top 15 now that league play has ended

Post by Guest 16/04/12, 01:31 pm

02SuburbanSoccerDad wrote:Thought I would start a new human poll after the conclusion of Primetime and (I think) SDL...I must confess I really have seen Primetime this year along with a couple SDL games so I can't comment on teams I don't see...therefore I will limit it to the top 15 for me...

1. FD Dallas Premier...so much talent and can score in bunches. D is also unreal
2. Texans Higgy...They are a team, a real good one, no matter who they are playing
3. DT South...I just think they can beat everyone except Grubb/Higgy..that's why they are 3
5. Solar Dynamo..have seen them look awesome and average--but talent + great style
9. Solar Gio..can't argue with their results and tourney wins. huge leap in 6 months
10. Polaris...a slight, slight edge over Waco--they tied in PT and are very close
12. Liverpool Rangel...tough season but good tie vs. Dynamo & got an easy W over D'Feeters
15. Liverpool Thompson...beating everyone they play,be intersting when they play better teams

This looks in line with what I was thinking...

Back to top Go down

Human top 15 now that league play has ended Empty Re: Human top 15 now that league play has ended

Post by javajake 16/04/12, 06:52 pm

Seems like one game here or there should not change rankings of only a few weeks ago, but I guess I will fine-tune them. One game here or there should not change ranking really. But here is the slightly changed look from a few weeks ago

1 - FCD Grubb - unstoppable freight train until proven otherwise, highly reliant on two DDs in the middle directing traffic

Comment: Grubb significantly better than everyone until proven otherwise.

2 - DT South - made mince meat out of all teams 6 and below, forward and sweeper outstanding, maybe sweeper should be forward too
3 - DT Higg - Can they beat Grubb? Will they meet in May?
4 - Solar Red Colvin - solid and big, but questions remain as to what line-up will actually be
5 - Solar Dynamo - playing the beautiful game great passing, may need a striker to finish all that great service in the box

Comment: I think 2,3,4,5 are very close, any one can beat the other on a given day, guest players omitted. No one has seen Higg recently but I would not be surprised if Grubb beat them too.

6 - Sting Q (Searles?) - probably needs a few more players to cement place
7 - FCD Renfro - how good are they when they stop overtraining / overworking kids
8 - Waco Blast - long ball, but effective long ball, stud striker
9 - Solar Gio - not proven against "gold" teams but the team continues to win and play well, fast wingers
10 - Fever Red - athletic and fast, always compete hard

Comment: Sting is a question mark. One week they feel like 6th but next week they look like 10th.

11 - Polaris - Need to play a few easier matches to get back on track with what they want to do, lost momentum a bit
12 - Liverpool St John - not as bad as the spring season made them look, need a few confidence re-builder games
13 - TFC - currently a team on the rise, scoring more, need to play some top 10 teams
14 - Defeeters - rough go recently, need a turnaround
15 - Solar East Barnes - big and physical, never an easy opponent

I have not seen the Liverpool team previously mentioned by first post so can't judge. I think Saints might be in 15 slot but I have them in the upper teens. Sting Royal uses too many Sting Q players to make my top 15. If a lot of people make moves to different teams this month as expected, it will shake up this picture.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Omegared 16/04/12, 07:16 pm

Joined to give my opinionated ranking!

1. FD Dallas Premier...Great Spring Season.Great team play. Will remain #1 until beaten
2. SRSA Colvin... Even through transition, they held on to remain a top team. Once they complete their line up, they will be back
3. DT South...solid team., but they have yet to beat Grubbs and SRSA. I think SRSA beat Higgs and DT South in Texans fall tourney if I remember correctly.
4. Solar Dynamo... Impressive season. Consistency will be the key for this team.
5. Dallas Texans Higgs- Until they come and compete, I can't put them in the top three. Last we saw of Higgs, They were beaten in their own tourney.
6. FCD Renfro..Solid FCD team
7. Sting 02.. Can be solid depending on who showws up.
8. Fever Red...got much better
9. Solar Gio..They have made great strides.
10. Polaris...This will be a team to watch
11. Waco Lady Blast..Strong forward, but they need more pieces
12. Liverpool Rangel...struggled this season, but they can only get better
13. TFC Elite.. Picking a good roster will be key
14. Southlake Saints.. Ended the season well.

Omegared
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Reor 17/04/12, 10:47 am

javajake wrote:Seems like one game here or there should not change rankings of only a few weeks ago, but I guess I will fine-tune them. One game here or there should not change ranking really. But here is the slightly changed look from a few weeks ago

1 - FCD Grubb - unstoppable freight train until proven otherwise, highly reliant on two DDs in the middle directing traffic

Comment: Grubb significantly better than everyone until proven otherwise.

2 - DT South - made mince meat out of all teams 6 and below, forward and sweeper outstanding, maybe sweeper should be forward too
3 - DT Higg - Can they beat Grubb? Will they meet in May?
4 - Solar Red Colvin - solid and big, but questions remain as to what line-up will actually be
5 - Solar Dynamo - playing the beautiful game great passing, may need a striker to finish all that great service in the box

Comment: I think 2,3,4,5 are very close, any one can beat the other on a given day, guest players omitted. No one has seen Higg recently but I would not be surprised if Grubb beat them too.

6 - Sting Q (Searles?) - probably needs a few more players to cement place
7 - FCD Renfro - how good are they when they stop overtraining / overworking kids
8 - Waco Blast - long ball, but effective long ball, stud striker
9 - Solar Gio - not proven against "gold" teams but the team continues to win and play well, fast wingers
10 - Fever Red - athletic and fast, always compete hard

Comment: Sting is a question mark. One week they feel like 6th but next week they look like 10th.

11 - Polaris - Need to play a few easier matches to get back on track with what they want to do, lost momentum a bit
12 - Liverpool St John - not as bad as the spring season made them look, need a few confidence re-builder games
13 - TFC - currently a team on the rise, scoring more, need to play some top 10 teams
14 - Defeeters - rough go recently, need a turnaround
15 - Solar East Barnes - big and physical, never an easy opponent

I have not seen the Liverpool team previously mentioned by first post so can't judge. I think Saints might be in 15 slot but I have them in the upper teens. Sting Royal uses too many Sting Q players to make my top 15. If a lot of people make moves to different teams this month as expected, it will shake up this picture.

From my knowledge this is very close to the way I see it also

Reor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 17/04/12, 11:31 am

You guys that rank Higgy outside top 3 are kidding yourself if you don't think Higg is a top 3 team. They are still out there and will be seen before you know it. This all assumes their team stays intact. If my memory serves me correct, in the last girls tourny they played, they tied DTS(not lost) and DTS also both lost(3-0) and beat(1-0) FCD Grubb. Higgy only lost to SRSA in this tourny(1-0) and we have all seen that SRSA is in transition. I personally think Higgy is no less than #2. You guys can hide behind all the reasons not to rank them where you all know they belong, but it doesn't change the fact that they are out there. What has changed that makes them worse all the sudden? Did the players they cut and replaced with ex- Glotz players make them worse? I don't think so! How about we post some rankings based on team talent and not some excuse to lower them.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 17/04/12, 11:41 am

Not so sure Roidrage. Doubt they can play with Grubb. Colvin beat them last time they played. You know Higg won't allow South to play them straight up (bad for business) and Dynamo is way better. They just tied South but dominated game, and more recently lost to Colvin but couldn't we call that "Solar Gate". So I'm not nearly as sure as you are they are #2.
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Omegared 17/04/12, 11:44 am

Joan Of Arc wrote:Not so sure Roidrage. Doubt they can play with Grubb. Colvin beat them last time they played. You know Higg won't allow South to play them straight up (bad for business) and Dynamo is way better. They just tied South but dominated game, and more recently lost to Colvin but couldn't we call that "Solar Gate". So I'm not nearly as sure as you are they are #2.

I like that Joan of arc- "Solar Gate"...LOL

Omegared
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Omegared 17/04/12, 12:10 pm

Joan Of Arc wrote:Not so sure Roidrage. Doubt they can play with Grubb. Colvin beat them last time they played. You know Higg won't allow South to play them straight up (bad for business) and Dynamo is way better. They just tied South but dominated game, and more recently lost to Colvin but couldn't we call that "Solar Gate". So I'm not nearly as sure as you are they are #2.

Well, Until Higgs competes against Grubbs and SRSA, They probably can remain at at least in top 5, Not #2. I agree with Joan of arc, Grubbs is on a roll right now and Dynamo Has really had an impressve season along with DT South. SRSA's only lost was to Grubbs. I read the revious threads on the SRSA/ dynamo game this past weekend. Has SRSA been known for using Guest players? If the the young 03 is good enough to compete with 02 players, why shouldn't she? I was at the game saturday and SRSA was missing their their star Midfielder and their star forward played sparingly due to illness, and I saw her score a goal. And it didn'thelp that Dynamo did not play well either. So, with that said, Higgs, IMO, has to compete against these girls to earn their spot back.

Omegared
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 17/04/12, 12:43 pm

Omegared wrote:

Well, Until Higgs competes against Grubbs and SRSA, They probably can remain at at least in top 5, Not #2. I agree with Joan of arc, Grubbs is on a roll right now and Dynamo Has really had an impressve season along with DT South. SRSA's only lost was to Grubbs. I read the revious threads on the SRSA/ dynamo game this past weekend. Has SRSA been known for using Guest players? If the the young 03 is good enough to compete with 02 players, why shouldn't she? I was at the game saturday and SRSA was missing their their star Midfielder and their star forward played sparingly due to illness, and I saw her score a goal. And it didn'thelp that Dynamo did not play well either. So, with that said, Higgs, IMO, has to compete against these girls to earn their spot back.

I also don't like the fact that Higgy is avoiding playing the girls, but that doesn't make his team and girls all the sudden not good soccer players. If you treat your rankings like you were gambling on which team would beat the other teams, I doubt you would find yourself with Higgy at #5 in your poll....especially if you had a lot of $$$ riding on it! I'm just saying, put who you really think belongs, not "because they played boys I'm can't put them here" rationale! Leave the biases and at the door is all I'm saying!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 17/04/12, 01:03 pm

This thread is presumptuous of only TGPTL and doesn't account for all leagues still playing.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by $occerpro 17/04/12, 01:16 pm

hardtruthsoldier123 wrote:
02SuburbanSoccerDad wrote:Thought I would start a new human poll after the conclusion of Primetime and (I think) SDL...I must confess I really have seen Primetime this year along with a couple SDL games so I can't comment on teams I don't see...therefore I will limit it to the top 15 for me...

This looks in line with what I was thinking...

Same here
$occerpro
$occerpro
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Omegared 17/04/12, 01:47 pm

RoidRage wrote:
Omegared wrote:

I also don't like the fact that Higgy is avoiding playing the girls, but that doesn't make his team and girls all the sudden not good soccer players. If you treat your rankings like you were gambling on which team would beat the other teams, I doubt you would find yourself with Higgy at #5 in your poll....especially if you had a lot of $$$ riding on it! I'm just saying, put who you really think belongs, not "because they played boys I'm can't put them here" rationale! Leave the biases and at the door is all I'm saying!

I am placing teams where they belong based on there recent performances. One can only rate Higgs based off what his team did in the fall and their talent. He is still a top 5 team because his girls are good. I like all of the teams. Like I said, we can agree to disagree.

Omegared
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 17/04/12, 02:05 pm

RoidRage wrote:
Omegared wrote:

Has anyone even seen them play since last fall? When they play, is the field shrouded in mysterious mist so no one can witness the game? I'm so tired of Higg talk. Just play the game and stop playing games already Master Higg.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT4L 18/04/12, 12:41 pm

10. FCD(exPolaris)...a slight, slight edge over Waco--they tied in PT and are very close
DT4L
DT4L
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/04/12, 01:16 pm

DT4L wrote:

10. FCD(exPolaris)...a slight, slight edge over Waco--they tied in PT and are very close (with only 13 committed players - per this forum - I don't think so...could be some of the best players not committed).

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBull 18/04/12, 02:12 pm

soccerobsessed wrote:
DT4L wrote:

3. DT South...I just think they can beat everyone except Grubb/Higgy..that's why they are
5.FCD(exPolaris)...now with new coach and old coach not holding this team back, they can win like they need to. Lost to Dynamo 2-0 when they should have won. This team will score and light teams up no stopping them now!
6. Solar Dynamo..have seen them look awesome and average--but talent + great style
7. FCD Renfro..seems to have settled on roster...play a lot of games
8. Sting 02..much like Dynamo--can look great and not so great week to week
9. Fever Red...got much better as season went on.
10. Solar Gio..can't argue with their results and tourney wins. huge leap in 6 months

RedBull
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 18/04/12, 03:13 pm

RedBull wrote:
soccerobsessed wrote:
DT4L wrote:

3. DT South...I just think they can beat everyone except Grubb/Higgy..that's why they are
5.FCD(exPolaris)...now with new coach and old coach not holding this team back, they can win like they need to. Lost to Dynamo 2-0 when they should have won. This team will score and light teams up no stopping them now!
6. Solar Dynamo..have seen them look awesome and average--but talent + great style
10. Solar Gio..can't argue with their results and tourney wins. huge leap in 6 months

Is this the same team that lost to SRSA 03 team 5-0 last week? If so, I don't see them anywhere near the Top 5 ranking.

BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim 18/04/12, 03:23 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:
RedBull wrote:
soccerobsessed wrote:
DT4L wrote:

Is this the same team that lost to SRSA 03 team 5-0 last week? If so, I don't see them anywhere near the Top 5 ranking.

Actually, I heard their new coach is money from the top of the 18 yard box - with his shooting ability, they will be unstoppable.
Slim
Slim
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/04/12, 08:11 am

soccerobsessed wrote:
DT4L wrote:

10. FCD(exPolaris)...a slight, slight edge over Waco--they tied in PT and are very close (with only 13 committed players - per this forum - I don't think so...could be some of the best players not committed).
From what I heard yesterday, FC Dallas South/Rangel has the whole team committed.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer0205dad 19/04/12, 09:36 am

Out of curiousity, will there be a Top 20-30 team Ranking/Evaulation? I know that is A LOT of teams, but if Lake Highlands has three divisions of 10-teams each, just curious to see who possibly has a chance in the LH Classic League. Thanks!

soccer0205dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer_chick 19/04/12, 10:14 am

Solar East Barnes beat LP thompson in SDL league play 1-0..

soccer_chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by keymaster 19/04/12, 10:46 am

RedBull wrote:
soccerobsessed wrote:
DT4L wrote:

RedBull, whats the logic in Polaris 02 should have beaten Solar Dynamo? I looked up my notes on the game and Polaris had 0 shots on goal in that game. Here was my summary I posted which no one from Polaris said was wrong the day of the game:
Score looks close but Polaris did not generate one shot on Dynamo frame. To give Polaris credit, they kept it scoreless a long time while Dynamo kept getting the ball deep into their box into heavy traffic. I was impressed by Polaris effort and physical play. Dynamo is probably unhappy with conversion of opportunities into goals ratio.

Polaris changes to FCD and jumps into the top 5 because of new uniforms? Seems like the same Polaris brags from last fall all over again. I like the hustle of the team but the Polaris parents seem to avoid facts about how it goes on the field.
keymaster
keymaster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/04/12, 10:50 am

keymaster wrote:
RedBull wrote:
soccerobsessed wrote:
DT4L wrote:

RedBull, whats the logic in Polaris 02 should have beaten Solar Dynamo? I looked up my notes on the game and Polaris had 0 shots on goal in that game. Here was my summary I posted which no one from Polaris said was wrong the day of the game:
Score looks close but Polaris did not generate one shot on Dynamo frame. To give Polaris credit, they kept it scoreless a long time while Dynamo kept getting the ball deep into their box into heavy traffic. I was impressed by Polaris effort and physical play. Dynamo is probably unhappy with conversion of opportunities into goals ratio.

Polaris changes to FCD and jumps into the top 5 because of new uniforms? Seems like the same Polaris brags from last fall all over again. I like the hustle of the team but the Polaris parents seem to avoid facts about how it goes on the field.
My gut feeling is that Red Bull is an imposter ex parent of Polaris. Just stirring the pot. Let them play and figure it out, plain and simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/04/12, 10:56 am

Southside Soccer02 wrote:
keymaster wrote:
RedBull wrote:
soccerobsessed wrote:
DT4L wrote:

My gut feeling is that Red Bull is an imposter ex parent of Polaris. Just stirring the pot. Let them play and figure it out, plain and simple.
Matter of fact, pretty sure it is not an Ex POLARIS parent. Its obvious who it is by reading previous post. bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down