North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division. Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division.

Go down

Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division. Empty Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division.

Post by Spence 18/05/12, 01:40 pm

Congratulations to the Mustangs 02 Navy team for winning 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division this Spring! Not too bad for a new team!

If you want more information about our team please contact:

Coach Jimmy Spence
jcspence4@gmail.com
940-867-1467
Spence
Spence
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division. Empty Re: Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division.

Post by bigcat1234 19/05/12, 04:35 pm

great job mustangs!!!! i heard that you lost your star forward to the saints....

bigcat1234
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division. Empty Star Forward?

Post by Spence 19/05/12, 05:32 pm

Bigcat1234 thank for the kind words but you must not be aware of how our teams are built so let me give you some background. We don't build our teams around a "Super Star" or one player we build our teams with solid players that understand and do their job on the field. They have a "blue collar" work ethic. Everyone is Developed and Everyone contributes to our success! Every player is developed in the position they want to play however they play in the position the team needs them to play. Every player develops at different times and the "stars" of today might not be the "star" of the future so that is why we Develop ALL Players not just the "super star".
For example we had 10 different players score in the spring EAL season and yes (1) player decided another team was a better fit for her. She is a solid player that helped our team by doing her job. She scored 1 goal during the season so I think the Team will be okay.

There is a difference with the Mustangs! Come out and see for yourself.

Thanks,

Coach Jimmy Spence
Mustangs 02 Navy
jcspence4@gmail.com
940-867-1467
Spence
Spence
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division. Empty Re: Mustangs 02 Navy WINS 1st Place in the EAL Silver-A Division.

Post by Dawgs26 19/05/12, 06:15 pm

Bravo Coach!

Dawgs26
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcat1234 19/05/12, 06:34 pm

Coach I apologize if I came across in a wrong way. I am new to this, I was just stating what i heard I meant no disrespect. Your team was brought up, I've heard really good things and the whole star player thing that you did a great job with her, so i was like maybe I should take my DD to him. Again sorry.

bigcat1234
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 19/05/12, 06:51 pm

Yes, Mustangs had a decent season but it wasnt as decisive as its sounding here.

You played one more game than Solar Stark. They easily would have taken first place if that game were played. ( vs the Divas )

You also played against at least one team from the Bronze division. Not all silver division teams were afforded that luxury.

But hey, it is what is is and congrats for getting the most points.

02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by maddad02 19/05/12, 08:52 pm

02Dad wrote:Yes, Mustangs had a decent season but it wasnt as decisive as its sounding here.

You played one more game than Solar Stark. They easily would have taken first place if that game were played. ( vs the Divas )

You also played against at least one team from the Bronze division. Not all silver division teams were afforded that luxury.

)2Dad I see your posts on here all the time and always appreciate your point of view - you're definitely a veteran voice here in these boards.

I'll happily admit I'm a Mustangs parent. This thread isn't meant in a bragging fashion, or a slight toward any team. We're just really proud of the efforts of our coach and girls. We are, for all intents and purposes, a brand new team. We started our season losing 4 of our first 5 games and finished without a loss in our last 5 games - beating Vigil and KIcks and tying Stark. As a parent, it's really nice to see how well our girls are starting to play together. In fact, coach Vigil and coach Stark both remarked about the wonderful strides our team has made in such a short amount of time which, given how regarded both those coaches are, I take as a huge compliment

As far as the EAL schedule, yes, we played one more game than Stark. We played one team from the bronze division, an FCD team, and handed them their only loss of the season - Stark actually played two teams from the bronze division. Every team except for Vigil played at least one game against the bronze division, so there may be an argument to make on their behalf. We certainly didn't make the schedule and I understand your point, but that also doesn't lessen the pride and excitement our DD's felt in winning their division in their inaugural season.

Being new to EAL, I honestly had no idea what to expect and personally enjoyed the parity of our division - only 3 points separated the top 4 teams, which often made for a lot of great spectating and should lead to some enjoyable matches come QT. So now as we all look toward qualifying I wish all our '02 DD's good luck. See you on the pitch!
maddad02
maddad02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 19/05/12, 09:16 pm

maddad02 wrote:
02Dad wrote:Yes, Mustangs had a decent season but it wasnt as decisive as its sounding here.

)2Dad I see your posts on here all the time and always appreciate your point of view - you're definitely a veteran voice here in these boards.

I'll happily admit I'm a Mustangs parent. This thread isn't meant in a bragging fashion, or a slight toward any team. We're just really proud of the efforts of our coach and girls. We are, for all intents and purposes, a brand new team. We started our season losing 4 of our first 5 games and finished without a loss in our last 5 games - beating Vigil and KIcks and tying Stark. As a parent, it's really nice to see how well our girls are starting to play together. In fact, coach Vigil and coach Stark both remarked about the wonderful strides our team has made in such a short amount of time which, given how regarded both those coaches are, I take as a huge compliment

As far as the EAL schedule, yes, we played one more game than Stark. We played one team from the bronze division, an FCD team, and handed them their only loss of the season - Stark actually played two teams from the bronze division. Every team except for Vigil played at least one game against the bronze division, so there may be an argument to make on their behalf. We certainly didn't make the schedule and I understand your point, but that also doesn't lessen the pride and excitement our DD's felt in winning their division in their inaugural season.

Being new to EAL, I honestly had no idea what to expect and personally enjoyed the parity of our division - only 3 points separated the top 4 teams, which often made for a lot of great spectating and should lead to some enjoyable matches come QT. So now as we all look toward qualifying I wish all our '02 DD's good luck. See you on the pitch!

Things ended very close as you mention, could have easily gone to any one of the top 4 finishers.

Unfortunate Stark didn't get a full 10 games. Not sure what happened there, everyone else seemed to be able to make up games as needed. I'm not a fan of the cross bracket/division play. I'd rather just have everyone in the same division play the same teams the same number of times if possible. More equal that way (if there is such a thing as "more equal").

02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by maddad02 19/05/12, 10:26 pm

WF Mustangs wrote:Bigcat1234 thank for the kind words but you must not be aware of how our teams are built so let me give you some background. We don't build our teams around a "Super Star" or one player we build our teams with solid players that understand and do their job on the field. They have a "blue collar" work ethic. Everyone is Developed and Everyone contributes to our success! Every player is developed in the position they want to play however they play in the position the team needs them to play. Every player develops at different times and the "stars" of today might not be the "star" of the future so that is why we Develop ALL Players not just the "super star".
For example we had 10 different players score in the spring EAL season and yes (1) player decided another team was a better fit for her. She is a solid player that helped our team by doing her job. She scored 1 goal during the season so I think the Team will be okay.

There is a difference with the Mustangs! Come out and see for yourself.

Thanks,

Coach Jimmy Spence
Mustangs 02 Navy
940-867-1467

@Bigcat1234 - please let me address a couple of coach's points to your post from a parents' perspective.

The Saints had been courting one of our girls off and on throughout the season so at the end of the season she and her family decided to make the move. They are personal friends of ours and no matter what team she plays for, she and her family will always be friends first. I certainly don't begrudge her the move. My DD worked out with the Saints a little in the offseason and while I think they have a wonderful program, wonderful parents and wonderful kids, The Mustangs were the right fit for us personally. Our DD has responded very well to the more intimate setting and one on one attention she gets from our smaller program.

To Jimmy's point, we just had a team function today and I was discussing that the thing I enjoy most about our team is that there truly are no "stars". They're coached in a way that there's no focus on any one girl, no "dump the puck" as I call it. It truly is a team mentality. We've had 9 different girls score (not 10, sorry Jimmy) from defenders, midfielders and forwards alike. Our girls really are blue collar minded. They're well rounded and capable of playing multiple positions on the field and do so without question and without protest. Our own DD has played from 4 different spots on the field and we wouldn't have it any other way.

My wife and I have been very pleased with the manner in which we feel our DD has been developed. Believe me, she has games where she plays great and games where she doesn't, but I can honestly say most of her challenges have come from execution, not coaching. We've seen a good deal of growth in her under Jimmy and we like that he has experience in LHGCL - we see it in his expectation and the manner in which he runs practices.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that while we're proud of where we are, we know there's a lot more work ahead (and a lot of strong competition to face) but we think we have the beginnings of something special. So if you have a DD that's strong, well rounded and enjoys soccer, bring her out to one of our practices and see if it's a good fit for her and your family.
maddad02
maddad02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down