North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

PSA Club soccer - lol Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

PSA Club soccer - lol

Go down

PSA Club soccer - lol Empty PSA Club soccer - lol

Post by RosiePalms 20/06/12, 03:20 pm

I found this extremely humerous, as well as anyone who has delt extensively with PSA soccer - so if you want a good laugh feel free to read ahead on TeeTeeSC...

Plano Sports Authority is excited to announce their newest soccer program, the Texas Thunder Soccer Club at PSA. Mike Kramer has been appointed to become the Director of our newest endeavor. Mike brings 27 years of coaching recreational teams, soccer skills, and club teams to now forming the Texas Thunder Soccer Club. Mike has been the Soccer Director for PSA since 1999 where he built the soccer program to 10,000+ players this year making PSA Soccer one of the largest and most respected programs in the nation. "It is my goal to develop a soccer club program designed to improve every player no matter the level of skill". Along with his valuable experience, Mike holds a National "D" License as well as a National Youth License.

Texas Thunder Soccer Club is committed to developing youth soccer players through quality coaching that focuses on the individual. We believe that great teams come from fully developed individuals working collectively towards a common goal. Texas Thunder Soccer Club knows there is a growing community of players in their organization and believes they can be a beneficial asset to their needs by providing quality coaching, instruction, and resources. Texas Thunder Soccer club is excited to be able to use the great resources that PSA offers from the use of the multiple indoor soccer fields to use of the City of Plano fields. The state-of-the-art facilities are centrally located to serve families in Plano and the surrounding communities.

Texas Thunder Soccer Club is now forming club and academy teams for the 2012/2013 season. The academy leagues will consist of u-8 through u-10 age groups. Club teams will be u-11 through u-19 age groups. Texas Thunder Soccer club teams will be competing in elite leagues in Plano and Dallas areas. Additional information will be posted on the website at www.psaplano.org Click the Soccer icon and then Texas Thunder Soccer Club for upcoming events and information.
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

PSA Club soccer - lol Empty Re: PSA Club soccer - lol

Post by my2cents 20/06/12, 03:29 pm

A rec association that wants to make "select" truly select again and affordable to everyone. Yeah thats terrible. Let's all dogpile on this because our former rec association did not live up to our standard as we sat on the sidelines "too busy" to volunteer. Good for PSA. I wish them well in this endeavor.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer 20/06/12, 03:41 pm

I wish them luck.

Hopefully it will provide an alternative to the existing club prices for the lower end of select soccer rather than the existing one price fits all model the clubs currently utilize.

Old Timer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 20/06/12, 03:50 pm

my2cents wrote:A rec association that wants to make "select" truly select again and affordable to everyone. Yeah thats terrible. Let's all dogpile on this because our former rec association did not live up to our standard as we sat on the sidelines "too busy" to volunteer. Good for PSA. I wish them well in this endeavor.

They aren't a rec assoication, but I understand if you don't get it. It was mainly for individuals that "do volunteer" and have had to deal with their club director. Also, if PSA is involved, they will make money on it and I am sure the only reason they are doing it is Kramer showed them what other clubs make and they will price accordingly.

Also, here is their current fee schedule for training for a month, doesn't seem low cost to me.

■Beginners 1 Tuesday and Thursday 4:00-5:00pm--Cost $177.00

■Intermediate 1 Monday and Wednesday 4:00-5:00pm--Cost $177.00

■Intermediate 2 Tuesday and Thursday 5:00-6:00pm---Cost $177.00

■Pre Academy Mondays and Wednesdays 5:00pm-6:00pm --Cost $195.00
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 20/06/12, 04:26 pm

RosiePalms wrote:
my2cents wrote:A rec association that wants to make "select" truly select again and affordable to everyone. Yeah thats terrible. Let's all dogpile on this because our former rec association did not live up to our standard as we sat on the sidelines "too busy" to volunteer. Good for PSA. I wish them well in this endeavor.

They aren't a rec assoication, but I understand if you don't get it. It was mainly for individuals that "do volunteer" and have had to deal with their club director. Also, if PSA is involved, they will make money on it and I am sure the only reason they are doing it is Kramer showed them what other clubs make and they will price accordingly.

Also, here is their current fee schedule for training for a month, doesn't seem low cost to me.

My bad. Confused PSA with PYSA. Quite right as to the cost. Not low at all. Have to go and find someone to help me pull this size 11 out my mouth. Embarassed

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 20/06/12, 04:49 pm

RosiePalms wrote:

I think RP is probably right in most of his/her assessments. I talked to a fellow PSA coach yesterday, and his daughter is participating in PSA's academy. He told me (I almost didn't believe it) that he pays $400 x 6 times per year for academy training for his younger daughter. This coincides with the fee schedule above which is high even by select standards and reeks of a money-grab. So it really has me wondering just how much more it would cost to play select through this organization.

And RP is also correct that PSA is not a true rec soccer organization. They operate outside of the North Texas Soccer umbrella (although I assume that will have to change) and host an open league. So for example, a girl on a club team in LHGCL can play concurrently on a PSA team without having to get a release from her select team. It's the same setup that indoor soccer uses.

I would maybe support an entity like PSA endeavoring into select soccer if it appeared they were trying to fill a need for kids who either can't afford the price of select or there was an obvious shortage of club options. But I don't think either is the case.

JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/06/12, 04:50 pm

I believe Sting is tip dog currently at $100 per month for academy, so PSa blows them out of the water in cost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 20/06/12, 07:58 pm

It has been awhile, but at one time I paid DM $15 a 90+ min session twice a week - so $120 a month for quite a few hours of training with other advanced players. At the time, it was by far the most expensive academy prices. Not sure if the price has increased, but $20 for an hour seems absurd for beginners.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bootsy 20/06/12, 09:46 pm

If you have ever had the pleasure to deal with MK @ PSA in a rec setting, you understand how laughable this is. The thought that he could organize a Select program is absurd. This too will pass unless they add some professionalism.

Good luck!
bootsy
bootsy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by letemplay 26/06/12, 11:01 am

JustaSport wrote:
RosiePalms wrote:

I think RP is probably right in most of his/her assessments. I talked to a fellow PSA coach yesterday, and his daughter is participating in PSA's academy. He told me (I almost didn't believe it) that he pays $400 x 6 times per year for academy training for his younger daughter. This coincides with the fee schedule above which is high even by select standards and reeks of a money-grab. So it really has me wondering just how much more it would cost to play select through this organization.

And RP is also correct that PSA is not a true rec soccer organization. They operate outside of the North Texas Soccer umbrella (although I assume that will have to change) and host an open league. So for example, a girl on a club team in LHGCL can play concurrently on a PSA team without having to get a release from her select team. It's the same setup that indoor soccer uses.

I would maybe support an entity like PSA endeavoring into select soccer if it appeared they were trying to fill a need for kids who either can't afford the price of select or there was an obvious shortage of club options. But I don't think either is the case.

I think some of you are confusing PSA's normal programs and the new club soccer program. PSA runs academy, recreational and competitive programs in most sports. The volleyball program already has a competitive club (Force). I see the Thunder soccer club as a soccer club that is associated with PSA, similar to the YMCA/Club Classic/Texas Spirit venture a few years ago. PSA has resources, infrastructure, facilities and clout with cities for field usage so why not utilize these. And to address a few of the comments above:
Current Fee schedule - This is for a PSA program that is twice per week for 8 weeks (actually $212 now) and is not associated with the Academy league but a summer class to help prep for it if you like ($12.25 per session. not bad for a skills class)
To the person who is paying $400.00 x 6 = $2400 per year for Academy. Run away fast!!!! that is more than some club team dues. Academy team registration is only around $950 per team per season for any Academy league. Quit making the club rich.
Any player can come from select/rec and play on an indoor team without any paperwork at any indoor facility in North Texas. PSA does not require player cards. (Yet) All others do.
As to the management of this venture I will leave that to be evaluated in a couple of years but there are some challenges to overcome.
I am not sure if this dog will hunt but can't blame them for trying. It does have potential and I understand the volleyball program works well. At worse case it ends up a Rec+ type program a lot of people have suggested we need.

letemplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum