North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

It's time for LHQT seeding committee make up for their errors Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

It's time for LHQT seeding committee make up for their errors

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's time for LHQT seeding committee make up for their errors Empty It's time for LHQT seeding committee make up for their errors

Post by bortz 28/07/12, 09:34 pm

After reviewing the results today it is obvious(as stated on this board many times this week, the committee made a few very significant seeding errors. Look at the two of the 3 team brackets(A,B,C) Two of the teams had no business being seeded where they were. This is Adromeda blue and the titans

The good news is that I don't think any teams that had a legitimate shot at a top 30 place will be eliminated this weekend, so all the damage isn't done.

The bad news is that if they let these seeds carryover to the second weekend(as the have apparently done in the past) will end up in unfair results. The results will be at least two 4 seeds from this weekend will have a relatively an easy path to the top 30 because they will probably pound the teams mentioned above and finish at least third in their group(and win tiebraker because of easy win). In the meantime there will be 2 or 3 other teams that are very much in the top 30 that will be shut out.

So i would ask the committee to not compound their mistakes and find a way to seed differently than simply let the seeds from this weekend dictate the pools next weekend.

At the very least they could come up with the "10 goal exception". That exception would state any team in a 3 team bracket that gives up over 10 goals and can't even score one goal, can still move ahead to the 2nd weekend, but will be treated as a fourth seed. This would result in much more fair brackets next weekend.

Remember what every parent tells the kids, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Let's prevent the 2nd wrong.

Last edited by bortz on 28/07/12, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

bortz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

It's time for LHQT seeding committee make up for their errors Empty Re: It's time for LHQT seeding committee make up for their errors

Post by Guest 28/07/12, 09:41 pm

we have a winner! always someone crying about the unfairness of the seedings every year.
tough beans

Back to top Go down

It's time for LHQT seeding committee make up for their errors Empty Re: It's time for LHQT seeding committee make up for their errors

Post by ballhead 28/07/12, 09:57 pm

I'm sure they've been reading this board daily, waiting for you to tell them where the errors are, and then they will write special rules to force the results you deem will right the wrongs.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nukem 28/07/12, 09:58 pm

Welcome to LH soccer
nukem
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Whoseurdaddy 28/07/12, 10:03 pm

In other news. Celtic 02's gave the mighty Grubb's a better game than almost every other 02 team this year!!!!

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kicking&screeming 28/07/12, 10:11 pm

nukem wrote:Welcome to LH soccer
cheers cheers

kicking&screeming
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whoseurdaddy 28/07/12, 10:19 pm

Must also give props to FC Dallas East. 2-1 loss vs SRSA is a good result. I think Texans South is defininately a top 3 team.

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bortz 28/07/12, 10:23 pm

bullhead, the great thing is they don't need to change their rules to do this. i have read their rules and believe they given themselves enough flexibilty to do this already

bortz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubDD95/00 28/07/12, 10:27 pm

They won't change anything. Just move on and win games. Then you have nothing to worry about.
ClubDD95/00
ClubDD95/00
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Game 28/07/12, 10:27 pm

Way to step up, to the rising Celtic 02's!!! Double good news is 8:00 pm isn't scorching hot and remote restroom facilities were in place. Thank you LH soccer.
Good Game
Good Game
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 28/07/12, 10:32 pm

bortz wrote:bullhead, the great thing is they don't need to change their rules to do this. i have read their rules and believe they given themselves enough flexibilty to do this already

Oh, I hadn't seen the 10 goal exception in the rules, but since its there, I'm sure everything will come out perfectly to your satisfaction. After all, its the only "right" thing to do.

As most have said, go out and win, and you have nothing to worry about.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bortz 28/07/12, 10:36 pm

ballhead wrote:
bortz wrote:bullhead, the great thing is they don't need to change their rules to do this. i have read their rules and believe they given themselves enough flexibilty to do this already

Oh, I hadn't seen the 10 goal exception in the rules, but since its there, I'm sure everything will come out perfectly to your satisfaction. After all, its the only "right" thing to do.

As most have said, go out and win, and you have nothing to worry about.

nope but they have given the right to adjust seeding as they see fit.

bortz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 28/07/12, 11:36 pm

And they will based on results within Round 1 brackets -- if the Round 1 #2 seed in bracket D finishes in the #3 pole position within that bracket, expect them to be seeded wheresoever the Round 1 D#3 seed slots in for Round 2.

It seems to always work out that there is a Round 2 Bracket of Death (or two) and at least one bracket where the road to LH (to those not in it, at least) seems less bumpy than some others. The seeding for Round 1 and the m.o. for seeding Round 2 is what it is -- just cheer your girls on and hope they git 'r done.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 29/07/12, 09:10 am

bortz wrote:After reviewing the results today it is obvious(as stated on this board many times this week, the committee made a few very significant seeding errors. Look at the two of the 3 team brackets(A,B,C) Two of the teams had no business being seeded where they were. This is Adromeda blue and the titans

The good news is that I don't think any teams that had a legitimate shot at a top 30 place will be eliminated this weekend, so all the damage isn't done.

The bad news is that if they let these seeds carryover to the second weekend(as the have apparently done in the past) will end up in unfair results. The results will be at least two 4 seeds from this weekend will have a relatively an easy path to the top 30 because they will probably pound the teams mentioned above and finish at least third in their group(and win tiebraker because of easy win). In the meantime there will be 2 or 3 other teams that are very much in the top 30 that will be shut out.

So i would ask the committee to not compound their mistakes and find a way to seed differently than simply let the seeds from this weekend dictate the pools next weekend.

At the very least they could come up with the "10 goal exception". That exception would state any team in a 3 team bracket that gives up over 10 goals and can't even score one goal, can still move ahead to the 2nd weekend, but will be treated as a fourth seed. This would result in much more fair brackets next weekend.

Remember what every parent tells the kids, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Let's prevent the 2nd wrong.

wow
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 29/07/12, 07:33 pm

Boo hoo! Dry it up!
scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer grump 29/07/12, 08:33 pm

It is what it is. We have no control over how well our dd's play, how the refs impact the game, or how the seedings are done. At the end of the day, it is how the girls take control of their opportunity they have in front of them to make the most of it.

Soccer grump
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NewbieMom 29/07/12, 09:06 pm

scoregazam wrote:Boo hoo! Dry it up!

A little harsh scoregazam. After skulking on these boards for a while I don't think OP is any worse than a lot of other posts I've seen. Obviously there are brackets for week 2 that are a lot harder than others - it isn't like anyone is claiming they are being deliberately being picked on it is just painful to be in one of the death brackets. Of course we will all go out and cheer on our kids and hope for the best but hard to believe there isn't a way to fix this.
NewbieMom
NewbieMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/07/12, 09:32 pm

NewbieMom wrote: hard to believe there isn't a way to fix this.

In order to "fix" it, you'd have to convince the seeding committee that it was broken in the first place. Good luck with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by scoregazam 29/07/12, 11:46 pm

NewbieMom wrote:
scoregazam wrote:Boo hoo! Dry it up!

A little harsh scoregazam. After skulking on these boards for a while I don't think OP is any worse than a lot of other posts I've seen. Obviously there are brackets for week 2 that are a lot harder than others - it isn't like anyone is claiming they are being deliberately being picked on it is just painful to be in one of the death brackets. Of course we will all go out and cheer on our kids and hope for the best but hard to believe there isn't a way to fix this.

I dont think the Boo Hoo comment was harsh at all. Sure the brackets werent perfect and they very rarely are but it ended up not being that bad of a tournament seeding wise when you look at the overall picture IMO. Of course you had some blow outs in the top brackets but who really didn't see any of those coming? BUT you also had some teams that stepped up and played great and exceeded others expectations no matter who they had to play. Ex. Celtic's 2-0 loss to FCGrubb. Even though that is a loss for Celtic in the standings, they must have played pretty well as a TEAM to get a result like that. LP Hansen's 0-0 draw with FCD Renfro is another. Solar Keegans 2-0 loss to Fever. Fever dominated that game but again LP Keegan's team Defense played good and they still TRIED to attack when Fever would let them. There are prolly quite a few other scores that I missed that maybe the rankings said should have bigger wins or losses by certain teams. But guess what, there will be quite a few other scores next weekend that your going to scratch your head over. What this weekend did tell me you have a lot of DD and coaches that did their job and turned this weekend into a fairly competitive weekend all the way around no matter the circumstances. Whether or not your DD's team "packed it in" and just played defense or you dominated the game, when Celtic, LP Hansen and some of these other teams play a top 5 or 6 team you just try to survive and alot of teams did that. A lot of the DD's are going to surprise next week also, because alot of them dont know who is what seed, or what a seed even is.

scoregazam
scoregazam
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bortz 30/07/12, 10:24 am

OK, obviously the sarcasm was a little much so I apologize about that. And after reading through the posts(on this topic and other topics) I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Therefore I tried to take a more analytical approach to see if I could come up with a different conclusions.

Before I comment any further I do realize I am not in the Lake Highlands board and they can choose to run their tournament/league anyway they wish. It's each team's choice whether they want to particpate in the League or not.

So let's go forward just focus on the facts:

1) There were 3 teams that entered this tournament who couldn't play their way into a lower seed, and that seed guaranteed them a pretty a good seed in the week 2 tournament. They were FCD West, Lady Titans and Adromeda Blue.

2) There were 5 teams that gave up the maximum points in 2 of their games(place in their week 1 pool/ seed in week 2 pool:

Liverpool Nicol (4th & 28/28)
Crush 02(4th & DNQ)
Kicks(4th & DNQ)

AND

Adromeda Blue(3rd & 13/28)
Lady Titans(3rd & 15/28)

3) There have been some comments that these teams(in A,B,C) have an unfair bracket when looking at it this way becuase they had the top teams in the whole tournament and those top teams would beat most teams by the max points. Fine. So I revised my search to include any team that gave up the max points to a team that wasn't a top seed in their bracket(this added 2 teams to the list).

Liverpool Nicol (4th & 28/28)
Crush 02(4th & DNQ)
Kicks(4th & DNQ)
Dallas Texans Red(4th & 27/28)
FCD Red(4th & 26/28)

AND

Adromeda Blue(3rd & 13/28)
Lady Titans(3rd & 15/28)

4) Obviously Adromeda Blue and the Lady Titans keep being the outliers for week 2 everyway I look at it, and the problem is that they didn't do anything to earn their seeds for week 2 on the field. In fact, teams that did similar were either the last seeds in week 2 or did not qualify.

5) While there is probably a really easy adjustment I have decided to delete becuase I don't want poeple thinking I am trying to tell the LH committee what to do. Just pointing out facts.

Last edited by bortz on 30/07/12, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

bortz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bortz 30/07/12, 10:31 am

Deleted message

Last edited by bortz on 30/07/12, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

bortz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seven 30/07/12, 10:36 am

Maybe you should get a bunch of hippies together
And occupy Lake Highlands Smile
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 30/07/12, 11:00 am

Seven wrote:Maybe you should get a bunch of hippies together

Good thinking! Twisted Evil En masse, they can tell THE MAN: "We're not gonna take it! NO! We ain't gonna take it!". That'll get LH's attention focused on their egregious and life-altering seeding errors so that the mistakes of the past will not be repeated! Right on!
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CatDaddy 30/07/12, 11:10 am

No doubt Lake Highlands jacked up the seeding this year BAD! Their was clearly some politics involved here. I've followed it for the last four years and haven't seen them mess things up this bad since the 98's, it only took about three years for their mistakes to wash out for the 98's.

CatDaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/07/12, 11:21 am

ralfdallas wrote:
Seven wrote:Maybe you should get a bunch of hippies together

Good thinking! Twisted Evil En masse, they can tell THE MAN: "We're not gonna take it! NO! We ain't gonna take it!". That'll get LH's attention focused on their egregious and life-altering seeding errors so that the mistakes of the past will not be repeated! Right on!

I was going to suggest occupying Moss Park, but then I realized that would probably be redundant...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next