North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area

Go down

looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area Empty looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area

Post by bandito974 23/08/12, 09:52 am

looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area
also have an 05 that I am shopping around also
anyone know of any teams?

bandito974
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area Empty Re: looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area

Post by Guest 23/08/12, 10:16 am

Dallas kicks has two 05 teams.

Back to top Go down

looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area Empty Re: looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area

Post by bandito974 23/08/12, 10:17 am

Where do they practice and do you know if they have an 03 team?

Androfan wrote:Dallas kicks has two 05 teams.

bandito974
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flounder 23/08/12, 10:41 am

Another option are the Dallas Texans teams that practice at Corsair (Lockheed Martin) in GP. Barakat has an 03 team that I believe practices on Tue & Thur. They also sometimes practice at the schools in S. Arlington (Martin, Boles, etc...). Great group.
flounder
flounder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bandito974 23/08/12, 10:47 am

Don't Want the Texans
Thanks though

flounder wrote:Another option are the Dallas Texans teams that practice at Corsair (Lockheed Martin) in GP. Barakat has an 03 team that I believe practices on Tue & Thur. They also sometimes practice at the schools in S. Arlington (Martin, Boles, etc...). Great group.

bandito974
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 23/08/12, 02:42 pm

There is Vitesse in Midlothian. Samba/Mansfield FC and some FC Dallas teams in Mansfield and Arlington. A few FC Dallas teams practice at Corsair park behind the Texans. Towards FTW there are a couple Sting and FWFC teams, but I don't know where they practice. Good Luck!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Texasdude 23/08/12, 03:06 pm

bandito974 wrote:looking for 03 team that practices in Grand Prairie Area, South Arlington area
also have an 05 that I am shopping around also
anyone know of any teams?

In your area, if you don't want to go with the Texans you can check out Sting West. Sting West practices in Euless at their Texas Star Facility (near 183 and 161ish). They have an 05 and an 03 team. Those are the only teams that I am aware of that are specifically near Arlington. Sting West has free open skills on Friday nights at their Texas Star facility. The director and coach is there every Friday night. He coaches both the 05 and 03 teams.

Good luck,

Texasdude
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BuckeyeCoach 23/08/12, 10:46 pm

Mansfield Samba FC 03 Girls has openings. We are actually looking for 1-2 players to guest play in the Arlington Labor Day Shootout Tournament. We practice in Mansfield and will play in the PAL league in Arlington on Sundays and SDL on Saturdays. Call or email Coach Roger for more information.
Rogerjohnson@mansfieldsambafc.com
214-549-1696

BuckeyeCoach
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by knaizer 23/08/12, 11:18 pm

Vitesse Dallas 03 girls have a few open spots. We have a couple of field positions, as well as a keeper position we are looking to fill. We practice in Midlothian on Mon/Wed @ 6:00. We will be playing on both TGPLSat/PTCLSun this year. Additionally, we are looking for a guest player for the upcoming Labor Day Tourney. We have a great group of girls & parents! Feel free to give our coach a call or email anytime to further discuss our group.

Coach Chad Naizer
817-253-9675
cnaizer@msn.com

knaizer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WestsideSoccer 24/08/12, 07:35 am

Several parents have calling asking for a Liverpool 03 team in this Area. After league play 10 confirmed players are moving to make the team. Several more very interested.
Call or email
Amos Finger
amosfinger@sbcglobal.net

WestsideSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bandito974 24/08/12, 10:06 am

Do you know where Liver pool practices?

bandito974
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 24/08/12, 12:32 pm

knaizer wrote:Vitesse Dallas 03 girls have a few open spots. We have a couple of field positions, as well as a keeper position we are looking to fill. We practice in Midlothian on Mon/Wed @ 6:00. We will be playing on both TGPLSat/PTCLSun this year. Additionally, we are looking for a guest player for the upcoming Labor Day Tourney. We have a great group of girls & parents! Feel free to give our coach a call or email anytime to further discuss our group.

Coach Chad Naizer
817-253-9675
cnaizer@msn.com

Great personable coach here who the girls love and will play their hearts out for. You can't go wrong here.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom13 24/08/12, 12:40 pm

WestsideSoccer wrote:Several parents have calling asking for a Liverpool 03 team in this Area. After league play 10 confirmed players are moving to make the team. Several more very interested.
Call or email
Amos Finger
amosfinger@sbcglobal.net

Liverpool practices in Arlington at Workman Jr High close to 20 and Collins .. they also have an 05 team PM if interestes
soccermom13
soccermom13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 24/08/12, 12:41 pm

WestsideSoccer wrote:Several parents have calling asking for a Liverpool 03 team in this Area. After league play 10 confirmed players are moving to make the team. Several more very interested.
Call or email
Amos Finger
amosfinger@sbcglobal.net

I forgot they were in Arlington as well. I have seen only a few of the girls, but the coach is very good. I'd recommend checking out both I mentioned. As a coach myself, I can tell you that you can't go wrong with either Coach Amos or the Vitesse team and Coach Chad.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JH01 24/08/12, 12:44 pm

uh.....no brainer.....Amos Finger is better than Chad just watch the style of play of their teams and you can see a big difference.

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 24/08/12, 01:07 pm

JH01 wrote: uh.....no brainer.....Amos Finger is better than Chad just watch the style of play of their teams and you can see a big difference.

That's not a fair characterization. I believe the poster was asking for TEAM recommendations which has a little bit more to do with it than just the coach. Don't forget the team chemistry, parents, etc. Yes, the coach is an integral part of the team, but not the only factor when looking for a team. Vitesse has done well under Coach Chad whether you think he is an inferior coach or not.

The poster did not ask opinions on who they think is a better coach. I know both of them well and just as anything, they both have their respective strengths and weaknesses as do I as a coach.

As I said before, to reiterate what the poster was asking, I can definitively say that I have personal experience with the Vitesse TEAM (parents, girls, coach) and can tell you that they have a solid core and a great atmosphere. I have personal experience with COACH AMOS as he has coached a few of my girls when I had surgery and can vouch for him being a VERY GOOD COACH in his own way. I don't know his team, parents, etc. This is why I said that both practices are worth checking out.

Consider ALL factors when looking for a team, simply because the coach may be a very "good" (subjective) or more experienced coach, the atmosphere is one you may or may not like.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bandito974 24/08/12, 01:31 pm

In all Honesty I am looking for 2 things:
1. Location
2. The ability to develop my girls who made the transition from rec to academy last year.
I respect all teams and coaches and I know everyone has opinions and preffrences. I appreciate all feedback I have gotten thus far, I am in the proccess of trying to contact the team that practices at workman.
Thank you
bandito

bandito974
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerPop 24/08/12, 02:31 pm

Out of curiosity, why are you ruling out the Texans?

SoccerPop
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bandito974 24/08/12, 02:36 pm

The ability to develop my girls who made the transition from rec to academy last year.
I respect all teams and coaches and I know everyone has opinions and prefrences. I appreciate all feedback I have gotten thus far

bandito974
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by El 24/08/12, 06:16 pm

bandito974 wrote:The ability to develop my girls who made the transition from rec to academy last year.
I respect all teams and coaches and I know everyone has opinions and prefrences. I appreciate all feedback I have gotten thus far

If you are truly looking for the "right" team, then I would take my dd to all of the teams you just heard about. Ruling out the Texans when they have three 03 teams in the South (coached by different coaches) with two of the teams being brand new, is a bit short sighted. If developing your dd is your number one priority, then you need to look at the resumes of the coaches who have teams in the south & what other teams these coaches have in Lake Highlands. A coaches experience at the highest level should be an indicator of their ability to develop dd's.
Coach&Ref's philosophy (in another posting) of taking your dd to check out as many teams is probably the best advise.

Otherwise, good luck with the Liverpool thing, you might want to check the 02 blog to see how that turned at that age level. scratch

El
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by JH01 25/08/12, 04:08 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:
JH01 wrote: uh.....no brainer.....Amos Finger is better than Chad just watch the style of play of their teams and you can see a big difference.

That's not a fair characterization. I believe the poster was asking for TEAM recommendations which has a little bit more to do with it than just the coach. Don't forget the team chemistry, parents, etc. Yes, the coach is an integral part of the team, but not the only factor when looking for a team. Vitesse has done well under Coach Chad whether you think he is an inferior coach or not.

The poster did not ask opinions on who they think is a better coach. I know both of them well and just as anything, they both have their respective strengths and weaknesses as do I as a coach.

As I said before, to reiterate what the poster was asking, I can definitively say that I have personal experience with the Vitesse TEAM (parents, girls, coach) and can tell you that they have a solid core and a great atmosphere. I have personal experience with COACH AMOS as he has coached a few of my girls when I had surgery and can vouch for him being a VERY GOOD COACH in his own way. I don't know his team, parents, etc. This is why I said that both practices are worth checking out.

Consider ALL factors when looking for a team, simply because the coach may be a very "good" (subjective) or more experienced coach, the atmosphere is one you may or may not like.

Exactly- It is fair. If you want to talk parent sideline we can also go there. The Vitesse sideline is a bit over the top, aggressive, and ask their girls to pull shirts etc. This is fact. Maybe the team had a bad day and really wanted to win...this is what I saw. So I am going by fair and fact based scenarios. The teams, players, coaches, parents usually get better when they are older, some never do though. Coach is similar. Every team is not perfect, you are going to have good and bad experiences throughout every year and every team. It is how you teach your daughter to deal with situations that will make the difference. As far as developing into a good player: find a team that your child fits with skill level and then pick a coach who can actually teach skills and teach all different kinds of players. I would also want to pick a team that had good well behaved parents and who would actually let the coach and players enjoy the game and play the game the way the coach is teaching them.

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 25/08/12, 10:29 pm

JH01 wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:

Exactly- It is fair. If you want to talk parent sideline we can also go there. The Vitesse sideline is a bit over the top, aggressive, and ask their girls to pull shirts etc. This is fact. Maybe the team had a bad day and really wanted to win...this is what I saw. So I am going by fair and fact based scenarios. The teams, players, coaches, parents usually get better when they are older, some never do though. Coach is similar. Every team is not perfect, you are going to have good and bad experiences throughout every year and every team. It is how you teach your daughter to deal with situations that will make the difference. As far as developing into a good player: find a team that your child fits with skill level and then pick a coach who can actually teach skills and teach all different kinds of players. I would also want to pick a team that had good well behaved parents and who would actually let the coach and players enjoy the game and play the game the way the coach is teaching them.

I can understand that you are probably a Liverpool parent, but from my perspective as both a ref and someone sitting at the halfway line, that both sets of parents conducted themselves pretty well. If I was the center ref, I don't think I would have had a problem with the sidelines. I thought the game was called quite fairly. All I asked the linesman for was the time remaining, because I forgot to set my referee watch. LOL!
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jogirl711 30/08/12, 03:33 pm

Hello
My name is Joanna and I would like to invite you to our Polaris Practcie session. We are located in Arlington and have our own Training Facility off pioneer. We have a great coach "Daniel Curiel". I encourage you to check us out. We also have a team for your younger daughter!! You can call me 817-344-8819 or email me jogirl711@gmail.com.
I look forward to meeting you and your girls soon Smile

jogirl711
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 04/09/12, 01:42 am

jogirl711 wrote:Hello
My name is Joanna and I would like to invite you to our Polaris Practcie session. We are located in Arlington and have our own Training Facility off pioneer. We have a great coach "Daniel Curiel". I encourage you to check us out. We also have a team for your younger daughter!! You can call me 817-344-8819 or email me jogirl711@gmail.com.
I look forward to meeting you and your girls soon Smile

Thanks, Joanna. I know Daniel. He has always been great to me and we get on well. He still hasn't taken me out to lunch though! Shame on him! Very Happy

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down