North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Thanks Crappy Ref Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Thanks Crappy Ref

Go down

Thanks Crappy Ref Empty Thanks Crappy Ref

Post by old man 09/09/12, 01:30 pm

6 yellow cards, an ejection and 2 penalty kick's!

Its been a long time since i've seen a ref so power hungry to be the main focus of the game. even the way he made the calls was with arogant showmanship.

I'm saying this all and my DD's team was the main benafactor of the calls / we were given the 2 PK's and converted both.

this ref was outrageous. the first card agianst us was valid, a girl had a breakaway and the last defender just grabbed her, actually could have been red but she saved a goal. mometarily since the opposing team buried the free kick in the top right corner.

Then the ref called a foul and heard somthing from our bench and carded a player than said he heard a complaint ant tagged another each time stating " # blank you are now in the BOOK!".

Then just before half or a fews seconds over the Ref calls a very questionable caal in the box on a corner kick and gives us PK which we converted. Then the second half he made another call in th box and gave us another PK, this was a foul and could have been called or let go since it was in the box, we converted the PK again. one of the opposing player made a comment and the ref gave her a yellow. A few mis later he called a fould agincst the other team and the girl asked what the fould was for and he gave her a card. Next you hear all the sighs and moans from there sideline and he says somthing to them and then gives them an ejection. two min later a ankle was clipped on a late challenge and it was an immediate card. The game ende up being 2-2 but the game was not about the players but the ref. there was not any flagerant fouls or any injuries at all in the game but the ref just felt the need to be the show.

I think both sides played equal and either team could have won but the ref wanted to win the game for himself.

Thanks Ref but get real!

old man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Thanks Crappy Ref Empty Re: Thanks Crappy Ref

Post by 91939597SUV 09/09/12, 01:57 pm

nicely said - he completely ruined the game for the girls. They were doing just fine fighting their battles and nearly every call made was unnecessary. Would have been nice to see the outcome had the girls had the opportunity to just play soccer.

91939597SUV
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher 09/09/12, 03:16 pm

I think first 2 goals were scored in first 15 mins and with 65 mins left to play it wouldn't matter what the ref called. I've seen a lot of bad calls in my years but when you take a player down in the box it's a pk all day.
Punisher
Punisher
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by old man 09/09/12, 09:04 pm

we appreciated the pk's. it was the 6 cards that i had a problem with since there was only one hard foul.

most of the game was evenly played with no dirty play from the 2 teams.

old man
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher 09/09/12, 09:26 pm

I agree there were too many cards. It was the first time I have seen a player get carded on the bench.
Punisher
Punisher
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 09/09/12, 11:17 pm

This ref was terrible. He was trying to be the star of the game.

He gave two cards one for each team for players asking him what was the call?

He never warned either team at any time,

Hopefully both teams Sting Royal and Andromeda will turn in forms complaining about this ref because he has no right to ref any games at any level.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 09/09/12, 11:21 pm

The game was between Andromeda and Sting Royal @ 9:45 on Sunday, UTD #3.

(responding to a PM asking bout the game location and time)
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by badcramp 11/09/12, 03:22 pm

walked over to this game after listening to yells all morning, what I saw was last 20 minutes or so. I saw about 3 yellows given to white and saw a few more that could have been given. Also saw some pretty sorry parental behavior which adds to ref's attitude tpowards parents. just someone outside looking in

badcramp
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by texans33 11/09/12, 03:37 pm

badcramp wrote:walked over to this game after listening to yells all morning, what I saw was last 20 minutes or so. I saw about 3 yellows given to white and saw a few more that could have been given. Also saw some pretty sorry parental behavior which adds to ref's attitude tpowards parents. just someone outside looking in

I've seen this from one of the teams too, when they were with another club. They sure get excited easy! You would think they are still U10 the way they act.
texans33
texans33
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 11/09/12, 06:56 pm

"Ref from Hell!" Twisted Evil

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 11/09/12, 09:04 pm

badcramp wrote:walked over to this game after listening to yells all morning, what I saw was last 20 minutes or so. I saw about 3 yellows given to white and saw a few more that could have been given. Also saw some pretty sorry parental behavior which adds to ref's attitude tpowards parents. just someone outside looking in

It would have been great to watch.

Sounds like the usual case of 'that is they way we play' and 'no one ever called us for that behavior before'. If someone is going to enforce the rules 'how do you expect us to compete'.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 12/09/12, 09:39 am

Lefty wrote:

Sounds like the usual case of 'that is they way we play' and 'no one ever called us for that behavior before'. If someone is going to enforce the rules 'how do you expect us to compete'.

No Not Exactly.
I guess redaing is not your speacialty. cyclops

Neither team deserved the cards - not just us. There was one card given to both teams that could have been called, but the other 4 were a riot. He gave the same amount of cards to both teams so there was mnor fovortism just a very hi strung ref.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 97keepersdad 12/09/12, 10:26 am

Bigfoot wrote:
Lefty wrote:

No Not Exactly.

Neither team deserved the cards - not just us. There was one card given to both teams that could have been called, but the other 4 were a riot. He gave the same amount of cards to both teams so there was mnor fovortism just a very hi strung ref.

Thanks Crappy Ref 170px-5-Hour_Energy
97keepersdad
97keepersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 12/09/12, 10:57 am

97keepersdad wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:
Lefty wrote:

No Not Exactly.

Sounds like that Sounders fella
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 12/09/12, 11:09 am

coachr wrote:
97keepersdad wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:
Lefty wrote:

No Not Exactly.

Not me.

You don't know me Coach. Good thing for your girls that you are a better coach than poster...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 12/09/12, 08:27 pm

soccersounder wrote:
coachr wrote:
97keepersdad wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:
Lefty wrote:

No Not Exactly.

Not me.

You don't know me Coach. Good thing for your girls that you are a better coach than poster...
Bad call ref. you obviously have a bet on the game!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by badcramp 16/09/12, 08:55 am

victims of another poorly officiated game...

badcramp
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 16/09/12, 09:55 am

badcramp wrote:victims of another poorly officiated game...

Badcramp our local middle school is offering reading classes for all posters that cant understand those letter thangs. drunken

After the class you might understand that no one complained about being a victim, the result was the result of the game.

The ref was trying to upstsage both teams. actually the 7 yellow cards had very little outcome in the game and only two cards were given during the play of the game, the others were all given on dead balls. I'm telling you he was a nut, Plain and simple.

I rarely complain about a ref, good or bad the best team should be able to overcome a bad call. They dont have a choice players and a team can only control there play not the ref.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum