North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Any interest in a SDL spring league @ DYSP for 07s?(PSA kicked us out of kinder league) Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Any interest in a SDL spring league @ DYSP for 07s?(PSA kicked us out of kinder league)

Go down

Any interest in a SDL spring league @ DYSP for 07s?(PSA kicked us out of kinder league) Empty Any interest in a SDL spring league @ DYSP for 07s?(PSA kicked us out of kinder league)

Post by boilerjoe_96 15/09/12, 04:21 pm

SO last weekend we played out first PSA game in top Kinder division. We won pretty big. PSA claims to have received complaints and has moved us to top 1st grade division.

Most of our girls are not ready for this. They just quit playing when they come up to a girl 6 inches taller.(remember they are 5 years old not seasoned players yet) Our girls come from several different home associations so playing Rec in another league doesn't really work.

We love the field dimensions, bigger goals, and goalie that PSA has to offer, but there is a substantial height,speed, size difference between 07s and 06s. We just want to learn to play (mostly) real soccer instead of 4v4 herd ball at the recs at this age.

We would probably only need 5 teams to have a league.

Any interest? There are plenty of clubs on the eastern side that this could benefit. Start to learn 7v7 before the real academy starts at U7.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a SDL spring league @ DYSP for 07s?(PSA kicked us out of kinder league) Empty Re: Any interest in a SDL spring league @ DYSP for 07s?(PSA kicked us out of kinder league)

Post by Guest 15/09/12, 05:27 pm

I'm curious: Is your team just going to bail out for the entire fall season? Personally, I think you could be making a mistake not playing up. I assume your group has trained beyond the typical rec level and/or has a few superior athletes for their age. If that's the case, they should play against bigger and better teams. It's not hard to get past the nervousness of taking on taller opponents. It comes with experience. And your team would be far more prepared for spring SDL after doing so. Who cares if they lose some games against older teams, right?

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a SDL spring league @ DYSP for 07s?(PSA kicked us out of kinder league) Empty Re: Any interest in a SDL spring league @ DYSP for 07s?(PSA kicked us out of kinder league)

Post by boilerjoe_96 15/09/12, 07:16 pm

No..don't plan on bailing...but if we lose the girls that were crying today that could happen. We practice one hour a week....so as super rec I call it. So we are good, have some good athletes...but of the 10, 3 or 4 girls were non factors...didn't touch a ball all game. We all don't care about losing, we want competition, but most of the game was dominated by size and speed that was much greater than ours.

I know comments like the above could get me crucified on this board.(I've lurked long enough to know this) These are 5 year olds, so let's take this into account. My daughter is playing up a year as it is(diff team) , so no biggie, she is fine. I am more worried for us having enough girls to go forward. Some really could quit. Would you want your 5 year old crying after games?

Last edited by boilerjoe_96 on 15/09/12, 07:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Was typing on phone for 1st paragraph..added a second from computer)
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/09/12, 08:10 pm

There's definitely no reason to dogpile someone trying to find the right fit for a team. Your players dominated the first match and were asked to move. But they got moved up to the top division of the next highest age group, right? What about getting them transferred to a lower division of the older age group. According to the website, there are three different 1st grade divisions.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because you're considering moving them into SDL. As a "super rec" team, your players are going to have their hands full in SDL even playing their age. They will be competing against academy players who go twice a week. The more prepared you can get them the better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/09/12, 10:46 pm

The academy 1st grade division at PSA has not had another team added.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 15/09/12, 10:48 pm

They are forcing Cosmos 06 up from red to academy. Forcing us up from Kinder to Red 1st grade. Divisions and schedules have not been updated.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/09/12, 10:53 pm

Interesting, none of the teams in the league have been notified especially considering schedule is set and conflicts handled.

Come on over, the girls don't bite.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 15/09/12, 11:33 pm

All I know if if you look at Kinder Red... The Lp-Fowler game today was removed from schedule.

We took the place of Texas Longhorns FC to play cosmos at 8 this morning on G.(1st Red schedule)

I talked to director of Cosmos...they are begging to not move up.

We don't want 1st grade Red.. (at least Feet-07 is there...)

Moving Cosmos because they won 8-0 in the first week... Yet fusion beat Feet today 10-0... I don't understand them.

Here's the email:

To: Joe Jenkins
Cc: Beth Parks ; Michael Rapkoch
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 11:23 AM
Subject: RE: Liverpool game this Saturday-Field change

Joe,

Thanks for checking. Your team will be moved from the kindergarten league; we just need the weekend to figure it all out. The schedule will possibly have to be re-done, but I will do my best to keep it as close to the original as possible. Let me know how you do, and remember, the Cosmos who you are playing tomorrow are very likely to be moved to the 1st grade girls academy league next week. You should stay and watch the other 1st grade game after yours to get a better idea of the competition.

Karen Weinert

PSA Soccer Director

boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 16/09/12, 02:31 am

We haven't been notified about any schedule changes either. Not all the teams in the first grade academy division are going to present speed/size problems for your U7 team. I agree with Xara, if you're thinking about playing SDL in the spring, this is a good starting place.

Andro - I'm pretty sure our teams are playing each other on field E today? Should be a fun game, good luck.
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 16/09/12, 07:32 am

Xara and Travelin: My point was to get good 07 teams in one place. If 5 or so 07 teams approached SDL, maybe they would form a league for us. As of now there is no league for 07s(u6) at sdl. It would be revenue for them, they added new age groups in 6v6 due to demand.

For good 07 teams finding competition at this age is tough I am finding out. Our team is good, but not near experienced enough to play 1st graders who have been on big field for a year. 4 months ago our girls are playing 4v4 rugby, now just trying to learn 7v7.

My point: Did the girls on Feet-07 really learn something during their 10-0 pasting yesterday? Or were they cannon fodder?

Disclosure: This is my first dd in competitive soccer, so I am newbie.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/09/12, 08:03 am

No offense intended but if she is your first don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. We have three 07s on our roster and they have zero issue playing up.

If you are seeking good 07s be careful, they could just be even better than what you have already seen in 1st grade rec. I've got one that dropped 3 on our opponent yesterday. Against 07s she can pop them in all day already.

Just let them play, and if JF really has an issue with it he can put a stop to it, the Liverpool connection runs deep at PSA.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 16/09/12, 08:19 am

Yeah, I am letting him handle. I know he knows people.

The issue is not my daughter, she is playing up elsewhere.

The bottom 5, that could quit mid season is our problem. As with you, our top 4 or 5 it is not a big deal they are fine. Takes more than 4 or 5.

Good luck today, hope the rains stops so you all can play.

boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/09/12, 08:50 am

There is really no difference at this age for them aside from maybe size, so if it is that big of an issue for the ones you speak of maybe its beyond just the size difference, and placing those players on a field twice the size of PSAs at SDL will do even less for their games. Even less fun to watch a U6 stand in the middle of an oversized field and not touch the ball, there are plenty of good 07 teams out there already, just not playing at PSA.

Give those girls time to grow, don't be in.a hurry to go big field, regardless of it being same age play.

Back to top Go down

Post by pingo99 16/09/12, 09:57 am

Well to answer the question about feet 07s learning something, uhhhmmm...well you would think that by the 5th goal they would know how to do a kick off but nope. So I guess you are right they didn't learn much... :-D

pingo99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FLGator 16/09/12, 09:59 pm

I wonder if we ask Nicole at CFBSA if they would be interested in putting together an 07 league in the spring if they would be interested? We have 4 teams in Primetime over in Grapevine, and I have heard they are doing a great job with the 05 league they just started. It might be centrally located enough to get more interest from many of these 07 teams as they seem to be sprouting up all over. I know we would definately consider it.

Thoughts?
FLGator
FLGator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/09/12, 10:04 pm

Problem is CFBAL is sanctioned with NTX, and U6s are not recognized as academy. That's why only primetime or sdl could do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down