North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

***rankings*** Best player pool for select Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

***rankings*** Best player pool for select

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

***rankings*** Best player pool for select Empty ***rankings*** Best player pool for select

Post by go99 21/09/12, 09:45 am

Who has the best player pool pre select?

1. Liverpool - Rase, Dalglish, Keegan, and a couple others all basically in the same area. Enough to make 2 top teams at least.

2. Texans - Is this the season Scott steps up? Has the deleon players to add in. Maybe a southie or two but they are really their own team. There is rosales and the GET program. Texans will make a top team. A few Scott parents may be surprised by who is on it.

3. Sting - Has a few solid teams to do a little shuffling with. Just keep the sideline clear of rocks.

4. solar - Has a great team and a master tactician Razz but as a club each team seams to be it's own island.

5. The Feet-rs - I believe they have a new coach assembling a super feet team as we speak

6. FCD - Hello? is anybody there? I am sure Suarez or sombody will descend from Mt. High and assmble something of note so they could rise rapidly. Beware LP you guys are sharing a backyard.

7. DTS - Yes they are their own thing and will probably rise somewhere in there. I don't see them hitting the lofty heights of the 03's though

Last edited by go99 on 21/09/12, 09:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot about Rosey pants)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

***rankings*** Best player pool for select Empty Re: ***rankings*** Best player pool for select

Post by KSD 21/09/12, 09:58 am

go99 wrote:Who has the best player pool pre select?

1. Liverpool - Rase, Dalglish, Keegan, and a couple others all basically in the same area. Enough to make 2 top teams at least.

2. Texans - Is this the season Scott steps up? Has the deleon players to add in. Maybe a southie or two but they are really their own team. There is rosales and the GET program. Texans will make a top team. A few Scott parents may be surprised by who is on it.

3. Sting - Has a few solid teams to do a little shuffling with. Just keep the sideline clear of rocks.

4. solar - Has a great team and a master tactician Razz but as a club each team seams to be it's own island.

5. The Feet-rs - I believe they have a new coach assembling a super feet team as we speak

6. FCD - Hello? is anybody there? I am sure Suarez or sombody will descend from Mt. High and assmble something of note so they could rise rapidly. Beware LP you guys are sharing a backyard.

7. DTS - Yes they are their own thing and will probably rise somewhere in there. I don't see them hitting the lofty heights of the 03's though

I hear there's a rec team playing in the Keller Soccer Association that hasn't lost since being formed as U4s. They have a Spanish coach who has them do nothing but rondo, rondo, rondo (https://youtu.be/3RNfaIW5k1g) during their one hour practice each week. Word is they intend to enter some tourneys after fall season... and they don't intend to lose. That's what I hear at least.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

***rankings*** Best player pool for select Empty Re: ***rankings*** Best player pool for select

Post by Busby Babes 21/09/12, 09:59 am

Definately nothing biased about this post....I've seen players from all these clubs, and all I can say is your rankings are off...I expect to see players jumping ship to an ECNL affiliated club in a few years..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 21/09/12, 10:00 am

Busby Babes wrote:Definately nothing biased about this post....I've seen players from all these clubs, and all I can say is your rankings are off...I expect to see players jumping ship to an ECNL affiliated club in a few years..

Definitely?

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 21/09/12, 10:02 am

kellersoccerdad wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:Definately nothing biased about this post....I've seen players from all these clubs, and all I can say is your rankings are off...I expect to see players jumping ship to an ECNL affiliated club in a few years..

Definitely?

Ooops, got caught by the spelling police.... Apologies..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/09/12, 10:07 am

Busby Babes wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Definitely?

Rumor has it that KSD had an impeccable record as a hall monitor during his Jr. High years as well...

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 21/09/12, 10:08 am

Busby Babes wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Definitely?

No worries. I saw where you recently corrected someone on the correct spelling of "offside"... that was nice work my friend. cheers
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 21/09/12, 10:08 am

bwgophers wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Definitely?

Rumor has it that KSD had an impeccable record as a hall monitor during his Jr. High years as well...

True dat.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/09/12, 10:08 am

Why would they jump before they are ECNL? No doubt everyone will lose players once ECNL teams start forming. Biggest lie ever told is join our club so you can be part of the ECNL. The ECNL clubs will take the best players they can get their hands on. Would be curious to hear your rankings. And I have said it before, I am alot of things but biased is not one of them.

Last edited by go99 on 21/09/12, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 21/09/12, 10:08 am

bwgophers wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Definitely?

LOL, and possibly a standout on the Chess Team...Wink
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 21/09/12, 10:10 am

Busby Babes wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Definitely?

I won't lie... I'm not bad at chess.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/09/12, 10:10 am

Busby Babes wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Definitely?

Also heard he rocks the sexy orange field marshal vest like no one else...

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 21/09/12, 10:16 am

go99 wrote:

Why would they jump before they are ECNL? No doubt everyone will lose players once ECNL teams start forming. Biggest lie ever told is join are club so you can be part of the ECNL. The ECNL clubs will take the best players they can get their hands on. Would be curious to hear your rankings. And I have said it before, I am alot of things but biased is not one of them.

In a few years, once select starts for this age group. You will see players jumping ship like the Titanic to ECNL clubs. I laugh when I see the obvious biased posts, mainly because of the fact it's humorous, but moreover, because of the fact that my knowledge of the sport, and ability to siphon through the levels of the talent available, is vast..

Last edited by Busby Babes on 21/09/12, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 21/09/12, 10:16 am

bwgophers wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

Definitely?

Also heard he rocks the sexy orange field marshal vest like no one else...

Are you complaining? Would you rather do it?

Gopher, in all seriousness, I do appreciate all the work you do for North Texas Soccer with the rankings... and I really mean that without sarcasm.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 21/09/12, 10:20 am

I'd also add that once select is upon this group, expect about 30-40% of these girls to have moved on from the sport for several reasons..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 21/09/12, 10:24 am

Busby Babes wrote:I'd also add that once select is upon this group, expect about 30-40% of these girls to have moved on from the sport for several reasons..

Serious question... were the kids playing select this season as "active" in Academy soccer when they were U7 and U8? My kid is an 05 so I have no experience with older age groups. I ask since I'm curious if burn out for the current 05, 06, and 07 age groups may be more severe compared to the kids that went before them. Or were the kids playing select today practicing several times a week and playing as many games when they were U7/8 younglings?
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 21/09/12, 10:27 am

kellersoccerdad wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:I'd also add that once select is upon this group, expect about 30-40% of these girls to have moved on from the sport for several reasons..

Serious question... were the kids playing select this season as "active" in Academy soccer when they were U7 and U8? My kid is an 05 so I have no experience with older age groups. I ask since I'm curious if burn out for the current 05, 06, and 07 age groups may be more severe compared to the kids that went before them. Or were the kids playing select today practicing several times a week and playing as many games when they were younglings?

Some of them I'm sure were. Reasons for kids dropping the sport though include: burnout, parents pushing the sport too much, physical changes in a player and their ability athletically, etc. These are reasons, though there are many others.. Other sports being introduced in middle schools, changing interests..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 21/09/12, 10:29 am

Overall probably still too early to say. Still 2 years away and I expect we will see a TON of changes.

Right now clearly liverpool has the largest pool to pull from and RASE is the number 1 team. Although RASE has the skill, I don't see the anywhere near the 03 SRSA level athletic dominance of the 04 age group.

I think if Sting were to combine its top players you would have a top 3/4 team.

I hear FC Dallas is starting to focus more on the 04s... They will benefit from unhappy players at other top teams collecting here over the next 12 months.

DTS 03s are the #2/#3 03 team. That's a difficult feat to improve upon. Still, I think the DTS 04s are currently in the top 3 of the 04 age group and have better athletes than the DTS 03s RELATIVE to the age group. Keep in mind the 03s have been with coach Adames for about 18+ more months than the 04s who are still less than a year with him.

I think the 04 teams come select will be tighter at the top than the 03s.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 21/09/12, 10:30 am

Politics and chemistry will play a part. I am going to use Liverpool as an example, but this is not exclusive to them - but here is the problem with picking from a "pool" as you say:

Say a player is on Rase, has dutifully done the camps, paid the money, etc...but doesn't make the "A" team when the U-11 teams are built due to the pool mentality. They get disappointed, possibly in the whole Liverpool organization, and instead of being a key player on the "B" team, they leave the club altogether - possibly making the "A" team of another club a bit stronger.

Assembling a team from a pool means you have to start almost from scratch in building chemistry. If you are pulling in the core players from 3-4 teams, you are in even worse shape, because you have to break down the "clique" factor in the players and even the parents. Its a tough psychological exercise for the coach - and chances are, you will have at least 2 former team managers competing with each other to be "in charge" which may cause some bad blood.

Generally, from my experience, the team seperation (or cream rising if you take a conceited view of it like most parents of top players) happens at U-10 (U-9 is your tryout year). This gives the coach a year to get the team personality formed, but still have time to weed out any cancerous attitudes from kids or parents. It also gives the coach the ability to bring in a disgruntled player from a different club mid-season or mid-year, as s/he will not have that luxury at U-11. By February/March 2014, the roster will pretty much be set for the LHGCL qualifiers even though "open tryouts" officially do not happen until July.

From my experience, 8 of the 10 spots in Classic U-11 are from the "big clubs". Their top team will almost assuredly be in it, and their second team has about a 30-40% chance. The other two teams are usually small club teams that have been together for quite a while, and although they generally are less athletic compared to the big clubs, their team chemistry is superior, they work as a unit, and they have a couple of stud players. That's good enough to get them into D-1, but not win a lot of games due to limited recruiting potential. One will be top 6, the other will be battling to stay out of the cellar with a #2 big club team.

So back on topic - the pool approach will yield you one guaranteed D-1 team. The second team may or may not form, even if you had 3 really great teams to pick from. Your second tier players may scatter to the wind, and your third tier players are gone for sure. They won't want to accept being labeled a D-3 or PPL player after investing so much in the program they were sold.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 21/09/12, 10:34 am

10sDad wrote:Politics and chemistry will play a part. I am going to use Liverpool as an example, but this is not exclusive to them - but here is the problem with picking from a "pool" as you say:

Say a player is on Rase, has dutifully done the camps, paid the money, etc...but doesn't make the "A" team when the U-11 teams are built due to the pool mentality. They get disappointed, possibly in the whole Liverpool organization, and instead of being a key player on the "B" team, they leave the club altogether - possibly making the "A" team of another club a bit stronger.

Assembling a team from a pool means you have to start almost from scratch in building chemistry. If you are pulling in the core players from 3-4 teams, you are in even worse shape, because you have to break down the "clique" factor in the players and even the parents. Its a tough psychological exercise for the coach - and chances are, you will have at least 2 former team managers competing with each other to be "in charge" which may cause some bad blood.

Generally, from my experience, the team seperation (or cream rising if you take a conceited view of it like most parents of top players) happens at U-10 (U-9 is your tryout year). This gives the coach a year to get the team personality formed, but still have time to weed out any cancerous attitudes from kids or parents. It also gives the coach the ability to bring in a disgruntled player from a different club mid-season or mid-year, as s/he will not have that luxury at U-11. By February/March 2014, the roster will pretty much be set for the LHGCL qualifiers even though "open tryouts" officially do not happen until July.

From my experience, 8 of the 10 spots in Classic U-11 are from the "big clubs". Their top team will almost assuredly be in it, and their second team has about a 30-40% chance. The other two teams are usually small club teams that have been together for quite a while, and although they generally are less athletic compared to the big clubs, their team chemistry is superior, they work as a unit, and they have a couple of stud players. That's good enough to get them into D-1, but not win a lot of games due to limited recruiting potential. One will be top 6, the other will be battling to stay out of the cellar with a #2 big club team.

So back on topic - the pool approach will yield you one guaranteed D-1 team. The second team may or may not form, even if you had 3 really great teams to pick from. Your second tier players may scatter to the wind, and your third tier players are gone for sure. They won't want to accept being labeled a D-3 or PPL player after investing so much in the program they were sold.
A lot of truth in this.. Well done.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 21/09/12, 10:37 am

10sDad wrote:Politics and chemistry will play a part. I am going to use Liverpool as an example, but this is not exclusive to them - but here is the problem with picking from a "pool" as you say:

Is there a top 5 select team (any age group) that wasn't assembled via the pool model? I really don't know. My guess is smaller clubs may grow teams "organically" for lack of a better word. But what about the big clubs? Are their select rosters similar to what they were when they were U8/9?
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 21/09/12, 10:42 am

kellersoccerdad wrote:

Is there a top 5 select team (any age group) that wasn't assembled via the pool model? I really don't know. My guess is smaller clubs may grow teams "organically" for lack of a better word. But what about the big clubs? Are their select rosters similar to what they were when they were U8/9?

DTS 02s. DTS is as "organic" as an indpendant club and doesn't really operate via pools and doesn't share players back and forth with Texans in part due to distance and also that the coach doesn't like to recruit or share players he develops. They will however send players to Texans ECNL when the time comes.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/09/12, 10:51 am

okay there's alot of stating the obvious here. There is no telling what will happen in the last year plus that they have but the reality is it is always a pool of players in a club. A team is 12 maybe 13 players and has to go to 16 and then player fallout has to be included. So yes there will be alot of changes before select but thats how I see the pool as it stands today. I would be interested to hear if you have a take on the current groups. ECNL pilfering players will happen but I don't see it playing a major impact at U10
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/09/12, 10:55 am

Shelby427 wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

DTS 02s. DTS is as "organic" as an indpendant club and doesn't really operate via pools and doesn't share players back and forth with Texans in part due to distance and also that the coach doesn't like to recruit or share players he develops. They will however send players to Texans ECNL when the time comes.

That is why i put DTS as a seperate entity. Both girls and boys sides seem to operate independently. I do agree on your take with the 04 team vs the 03 team though. Oh, what happened to Juve turning to FCD east? That could be promising.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 21/09/12, 11:22 am

I heard Grubb might be forming an FCD Premier 04 team soon. When that happens I'm sure FCD will get some very good players based on his reputation of forming very good teams. Also, everyone knows that FCD has the best facilities, uniforms(maybe Celtic has a claim here) and their prices both academy and select are usually cheaper.

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next