North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Why can't FIFA do this?  (simulation) Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Why can't FIFA do this? (simulation)

Go down

Why can't FIFA do this?  (simulation) Empty Why can't FIFA do this? (simulation)

Post by 10sDad 01/10/12, 12:05 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8433232/nba-finalizing-procedures-penalize-players-flopping

I have often expressed my theory that if you stop or penalize an unwanted behavior in the pro game, it effects positive change in the amateur or youth game.

I would absolutely love to see FIFA do post game analysis of games and issue yellow (maybe even red) cards for flopping or "simulation" as it is called in the LOTG. The professional leagues have cumulative card rules, so eventually, the floppers would end up sitting out games. Being forced to sit out games would change the frequency of the flops, which would trickle-down to the youth game.

Sure, a flop may occur here and there, and it may be used as a tactical play (risk vs reward), but more on the lines of Suarez's handball (tactically a genius play), and less the constant flopping like Blanco (or half of the Italians for that matter). Is it any wonder that since Blanco retired from soccer, he is now acting (badly) in spanish novelas? Rolling Eyes

The problem is that simulation is so infrequently called, and adversely, so many free kicks awarded for a well executed flop, that the risk of getting caught cheating is very, very low. The floppers are rewarded for their cheating an inordinate percentage of the time, and the kids emulate their professional counterparts.

So...Why can't FIFA do like the NBA is proposing?
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Why can't FIFA do this?  (simulation) Empty Re: Why can't FIFA do this? (simulation)

Post by Gunner9 01/10/12, 12:19 pm

They'd have to shut down Serie A and the Mexican league completely.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Why can't FIFA do this?  (simulation) Empty Re: Why can't FIFA do this? (simulation)

Post by Busby Babes 01/10/12, 02:27 pm

Not to mention the entire Portugese Diving Team..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 01/10/12, 02:33 pm

Check out the cunner Fabregas here for Barca.. Laughable and typical moves of the Barca squad..
Why can't FIFA do this?  (simulation) IblUCbVOxNkJuT
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/10/12, 02:40 pm

Ashley Young?

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 01/10/12, 02:47 pm

It's pretty bad when a sport is known for flopping...

10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 01/10/12, 03:00 pm

the problem becomes then what do you do with all off the fouls that are not called. I remember watching a ManU game and Nani takes a kick to the leg in the box. He stumbles but stays on his feat because he thinks he can get back to the ball. When he doesn't score the announcer says "he should have went down right there. He would have gotten the PK" The reality is if you don't go down you are probably not going to get the call even though it is a foul.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 01/10/12, 03:25 pm

Master Bates wrote:Ashley Young?
Stevie G for both club and country.. That's the thing, every team has a few.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 01/10/12, 03:34 pm

Busquets is possible the worst... His famous peek-a-boo act is legendary..

Last edited by Busby Babes on 01/10/12, 03:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 01/10/12, 03:37 pm

go99 wrote:the problem becomes then what do you do with all off the fouls that are not called. I remember watching a ManU game and Nani takes a kick to the leg in the box. He stumbles but stays on his feat because he thinks he can get back to the ball. When he doesn't score the announcer says "he should have went down right there. He would have gotten the PK" The reality is if you don't go down you are probably not going to get the call even though it is a foul.
I say change the advantage rule to be a delayed penalty like hockey, or even a "free play" like american football -- maybe go as far as an "and-one" like in basketball? (maybe not on that last one). Point is, a foul is a foul - I would vote for the delayed penalty during advantage time - if a goal is scored, the penalty is negated. If posession is lost, the penalty is enforced.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 01/10/12, 03:39 pm

go99 wrote:the problem becomes then what do you do with all off the fouls that are not called. I remember watching a ManU game and Nani takes a kick to the leg in the box. He stumbles but stays on his feat because he thinks he can get back to the ball. When he doesn't score the announcer says "he should have went down right there. He would have gotten the PK" The reality is if you don't go down you are probably not going to get the call even though it is a foul.
Gazza would get punished making a classic move in the box, rarely saw him go down.. Be interesting to see how they would handle it in the game today.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 01/10/12, 04:15 pm

That's why it's called "In the Opinion of the Referee" and that's all over the LOTG.

I've both played advantage and warned the upper level kids for diving.

On one incident, I could clearly see that a U17 boy was taken down in the box with only a couple of defenders in the penalty area. The coach was screaming for a penalty. I saw the ball rolling away from the defenders and waited a couple of seconds because I saw an onrushing teammate come flying into the area. He buried it for a goal. When I was jogging back for the restart, I turned towards the coach and said, "Coach, would you rather have the goal or the PK?" He just glared at me, seemingly unamused.

On the diving incident, I remember a time when I was reffing a U16 boys game and could easily tell that the left winger had great footskills and would love to take defenders on 1v1. He would enter the area and would go down VERY softly. He would roll over and look at me incredulously when I wouldn't award the PK. On the third time I noticed it, I said to him, "I know you have fantastic skills, but I also realize what you are doing. Do it again and I'll book you for USB. Just play the game." He didn't go down again.

I suppose it just will always vary from ref to ref. That's why "In the Opinion of the Referee" is ALL over the place.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 01/10/12, 04:59 pm

Gunner9 wrote:They'd have to shut down Serie A and the Mexican league completely.

Yeah... what's your point?

cheers

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawnboy 01/10/12, 05:00 pm

10sDad wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8433232/nba-finalizing-procedures-penalize-players-flopping

I have often expressed my theory that if you stop or penalize an unwanted behavior in the pro game, it effects positive change in the amateur or youth game.

I would absolutely love to see FIFA do post game analysis of games and issue yellow (maybe even red) cards for flopping or "simulation" as it is called in the LOTG. The professional leagues have cumulative card rules, so eventually, the floppers would end up sitting out games. Being forced to sit out games would change the frequency of the flops, which would trickle-down to the youth game.

Sure, a flop may occur here and there, and it may be used as a tactical play (risk vs reward), but more on the lines of Suarez's handball (tactically a genius play), and less the constant flopping like Blanco (or half of the Italians for that matter). Is it any wonder that since Blanco retired from soccer, he is now acting (badly) in spanish novelas? Rolling Eyes

The problem is that simulation is so infrequently called, and adversely, so many free kicks awarded for a well executed flop, that the risk of getting caught cheating is very, very low. The floppers are rewarded for their cheating an inordinate percentage of the time, and the kids emulate their professional counterparts.

So...Why can't FIFA do like the NBA is proposing?

No doubt about it, this is an idea who's time has come. The sooner the better.

Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Xflint 02/10/12, 02:47 am

What do you really want to express?

Xflint
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

http://www.favouriteforum.com/c7-football-club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum