North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Question about rec soccer and guesting Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Question about rec soccer and guesting

Go down

Question about rec soccer and guesting Empty Question about rec soccer and guesting

Post by RosiePalms 03/10/12, 09:26 pm

Hypothetical, lets say my DD is a u13 and plays for a rec team in one of the local assocations. He has been asked to guest with a PPL team in an upcoming tournament. It would be after the rec season. I know in select, I would have to get a release from his select coach, but do I need anything from his rec coach?
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Question about rec soccer and guesting Empty Guest Playing Form

Post by 18thLaw 03/10/12, 09:44 pm

RosiePalms wrote:Hypothetical, lets say my DD is a u13 and plays for a rec team in one of the local assocations. He has been asked to guest with a PPL team in an upcoming tournament. It would be after the rec season. I know in select, I would have to get a release from his select coach, but do I need anything from his rec coach?

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/youthforms.aspx

18thLaw
18thLaw
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Question about rec soccer and guesting Empty Re: Question about rec soccer and guesting

Post by Guest 03/10/12, 10:11 pm

RosiePalms wrote:Hypothetical, lets say my DD is a u13 and plays for a rec team in one of the local assocations. He has been asked to guest with a PPL team in an upcoming tournament. It would be after the rec season. I know in select, I would have to get a release from his select coach, but do I need anything from his rec coach?

What's freaking me out is that you seem unsure of your son/daughter's gender.

Either way, your transgendered child can just get a release from your rec home association and play in the tournament with the other... um... boys, girls, or whatever. Is this taking place in San Francisco, by chance?

Back to top Go down

Question about rec soccer and guesting Empty Re: Question about rec soccer and guesting

Post by Hook It 03/10/12, 10:14 pm

Xara wrote:

Either way, your transgendered child can just get a release from your rec home association and play in the tournment with the other... um... boys, girls, or whatever. Is this taking place in San Francisco, by chance?
BouYah!!! bom

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 04/10/12, 06:42 am

Xara wrote:

Either way, your transgendered child can just get a release from your rec home association and play in the tournament with the other... um... boys, girls, or whatever. Is this taking place in San Francisco, by chance?

It is a hypothetical.

Still confused about the whole situation. Rec season is done, but I still need a release from the rec coach?
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 04/10/12, 07:28 am

RosiePalms wrote:
Xara wrote:

It is a hypothetical.

Still confused about the whole situation. Rec season is done, but I still need a release from the rec coach?
Yes, systems are put in place so that communication happens at any time and coaches do not get left hanging which is bad for the rest of the existing team...not too confusing cyclops

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 04/10/12, 08:10 am

RosiePalms wrote:
Xara wrote:

It is a hypothetical.

Rec coach and rec home association signs the guest player release form, because your DD/BB is rostered to a rec team.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 04QSoccerMom 04/10/12, 10:09 am

Personally, I wouldn't bother with it. It's a Rec team and the season is over.

IMO if you sign up on a seasonal basis and the season is over, then there is no contract and it is not necessary for the coach or the association to release the player. At this point, the kid is a free agent and can guest anywhere.
04QSoccerMom
04QSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 04/10/12, 10:37 am

04QSoccerMom wrote:Personally, I wouldn't bother with it. It's a Rec team and the season is over.

IMO if you sign up on a seasonal basis and the season is over, then there is no contract and it is not necessary for the coach or the association to release the player. At this point, the kid is a free agent and can guest anywhere.
You should bother with it whether you think your commitment to Rec has been satisfied or not.

If that coach shows up to a tournament check-in without the proper documentation, your kid will not be playing in that tournament.

If that coach puts your kid onto the field illegally (without the documentation) and gets caught, both you and the coach can expect an invitation to an A&D hearing. And a whistle blower can come from anywhere... including one of the families on your team.

When a coach puts an illegal player on the field, they're jeopardizing their career in North Texas.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/10/12, 12:30 pm

04QSoccerMom wrote:Personally, I wouldn't bother with it. It's a Rec team and the season is over.

Misinformation like this never fails to amuse me. Someone develops a theory, and presents it as fact.

Rec season is not over. In fact, it has just gotten started for some associations due to weather. And on top of that, when a kid guest plays as a free agent for a select team, the tournament always requires the proper paperwork for the player. A team can't simply add a name to its roster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 04/10/12, 12:59 pm

Xara wrote:

Misinformation like this never fails to amuse me. Someone develops a theory, and presents it as fact.

Rec season is not over. In fact, it has just gotten started for some associations due to weather. And on top of that, when a kid guest plays as a free agent for a select team, the tournament always requires the proper paperwork for the player. A team can't simply add a name to its roster.

I concur with the MASTER XARA king - there is a process in place which is in place for EVERYONE's benefit - respect it, embrace it, feel the power!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom97b 04/10/12, 02:19 pm

Funny enough, it's actually harder to get a guest player from rec than competitive because you HAVE to get the association president's signature on the form - they are never thrilled to be signing the paperwork because there is the potential for the rec association to lose that player to competitive

soccermom97b
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 04/10/12, 02:28 pm

You use terms like rec (versus competitive), contract, free agent, etc.. Perhaps before giving advice using these terms use should take the time to see what they mean under the rules of the organization in which they are referenced.

This is horrble advice that could;
-have a kid show up excited to get the opportunity to guest in select only to be told no you can not play.
-get a coach suspended for use of an illegal player.
-get a team's tournament accomplishments forfeited.

You need a guest player release form to guest at any level at any NTSSA sanctioned tournament.

SM97, it is usually the registrar that signs them as they have the NTSSA reg# required on the form. Never heard of any problems if you give them ample notice.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 04/10/12, 02:30 pm

Hook It wrote:
Xara wrote:

I concur with the MASTER XARA king - there is a process in place which is in place for EVERYONE's benefit - respect it, embrace it, feel the power!

Is that anything like authoritatively stating that the league has a form for spectators to file to get a formal hearing set if you are unhappy with a referee's calls at a match? Very Happy

Last edited by ballhead on 04/10/12, 03:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 04/10/12, 03:22 pm

It has been many years ago, but my dd regularly guested from rec for club teams in tournaments when their keeper was hurt and they only had one keeper on roster. The release needs to be signed by your coach and a representative from the rec league for the tournament and any pre-tournament practices she will attend. Our coach loved the extra training she received. Find out who your association contact is and talk with them first and then send over the form. It could sit on a desk if you just send it without a call. We never had any problems getting the approval. It was a win win since these teams had a dependable "relief" keeper and dd had the opportunity to really observe and play with some teams from different clubs. When she finally had to pick between basketball and soccer, she was ready to make an informed decision.
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 04/10/12, 08:59 pm

ballhead wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Xara wrote:

Is that anything like authoritatively stating that the league has a form for spectators to file to get a formal hearing set if you are unhappy with a referee's calls at a match? Very Happy
That is exactly what I was thinking - wow impressive memory so glad to be permanently part of it!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 05/10/12, 08:00 am

Hook It wrote:
ballhead wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Xara wrote:

That is exactly what I was thinking - wow impressive memory so glad to be permanently part of it!

Not really, I just thought it was kind of humorous that you're in a thread giving props to Xara for calling out someone ("Misinformation like this never fails to amuse me. Someone develops a theory, and presents it as fact.") for doing exactly what you did.

Just struck me as funny.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 05/10/12, 09:54 am

Xara wrote:

The tournament is in the winter, after rec is over. Besides my rec player guesting one of their friends has been asked as well. The friend isnt playing anywhere this season, so I would think that player can simply add their name to the tournament roster. I just didn't get as we only paid for Fall soccer with the association, for a winter tournament would a release from a fall team be required. When does the dues I paid for fall rec expire? If I didnt sign up for a spring rec team couldnt I just join a select team?

Please, know it all, let me know.
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 04QSoccerMom 05/10/12, 10:13 am

Xara wrote:

Gimme a break! Nowhere did I say or even imply it was fact, actually I used the word personally and followed it by In My Opinion.

And I was not the one saying Rec season is over, that was the original poster.

To defend my reply ... from a parent perspective I gave my opinion. Obviously, if a coach or an association or the tournament requires the paperwork, I would submit it. But as the original poster led us to believe, it was an optional thing and there was a choice to not do it. Ya gotta admit that having the association sign a release for a season that is over is a tad backward.
04QSoccerMom
04QSoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 05/10/12, 10:46 am

Its more about the insurance. If its player who is not signed up with rec or select they have to go to their home association and be a "non rostered" player. That will allow them to play on a select team for tournaments. Should the player wish to join the team instead of being a guest player they will need to be added to the select roster and all the paperwork need to join the same as everyone did back in July. All tournaments need to see valid documentation to allow players to play.Players signed up for Rec cannot suddenly just join a select team because it may lead to the Rec team being short of numbers and thats why North Texas do not allow rec players to just leave. Seasons over then they can guest with 2 signatures (as another poster pointed out, maybe even 1) and the HOME ASSOCIATION is the important one, not signed up for the spring in rec then they can join a select team with all the needed paperwork.
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 05/10/12, 11:02 am

ballhead wrote:
Hook It wrote:
ballhead wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Xara wrote:

Not really, I just thought it was kind of humorous that you're in a thread giving props to Xara for calling out someone ("Misinformation like this never fails to amuse me. Someone develops a theory, and presents it as fact.") for doing exactly what you did.

Just struck me as funny.
it IS funny!!! when something is believed to be true fact and then later realize it is wrong...

As far as agreeing with XARA or anyone else, I just read each thread as I see it - "BLOG at your own risk" is the mentality I guess I follow -

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachdom23 05/10/12, 11:06 am

RosiePalms wrote:
Xara wrote:

The tournament is in the winter, after rec is over. Besides my rec player guesting one of their friends has been asked as well. The friend isnt playing anywhere this season, so I would think that player can simply add their name to the tournament roster. I just didn't get as we only paid for Fall soccer with the association, for a winter tournament would a release from a fall team be required. When does the dues I paid for fall rec expire? If I didnt sign up for a spring rec team couldnt I just join a select team?

It doesn't work that way. That player is not insured through NTSSA, nor has their age been verified.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/10/12, 03:18 pm

RosiePalms wrote:
Xara wrote:

I'm going to start charging for good advice.

It doesn't matter if the player is not registered anywhere, nor do the dues paid for rec soccer have anything to do with it (so there is not an "expiration" date). There is a "home association" that has been assigned to her by North Texas Soccer based on where she lives. So if a player living in, say, McKinney has never played soccer in her life but wants to guest play with a select team in a tournament under the jurisdiction of NTSSA... she'll have to get a guest player release with MSA as the releasing agency. This is not always the case. If the same player signed up for soccer through an agency like PSA (which stands for Plano Sports Authority, not Plano Soccer Association), her name can simply be added to the roster. PSA, indoor soccer, and some tournaments do not operate under the NTSSA umbrella and accordinlgy have their own requirements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum