North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Primetime Thanksgiving Tournament. Any pre-tournament picks? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Primetime Thanksgiving Tournament. Any pre-tournament picks?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Primetime Thanksgiving Tournament. Any pre-tournament picks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Primetime Thanksgiving Tournament. Any pre-tournament picks?

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 12/11/12, 06:32 pm

TBGsoccer wrote:
Master Bates wrote:RASE playing-up? Where is Solar K?

Solar kenn. Is playing Dallas Texans fall festival U10

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.asp?eventid=26157

FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Primetime Thanksgiving Tournament. Any pre-tournament picks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Primetime Thanksgiving Tournament. Any pre-tournament picks?

Post by HoldTheDoor 12/11/12, 06:47 pm

TGB wins- he found the solar girls. Why do you have to go stalking the team, yo! Suspect

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 12/11/12, 08:14 pm

TBGsoccer wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
WingNut wrote:Kenny is a no show, I think the DT North is Rosales or is it DeLeon?

That would be DTN Manchester

Jen_nah, which DT team is playing in silver? Does Coach Rosales have two 04 teams?

Manchester will be playing Gold. The schedule is posted. We are in pool B of Gold. DTN United will be playing in Silver.

DT DeLeon is in gold bracket b not Dt manchester

That says DTN United not Manchester. There is no way Manchester is down in silver. Are you sure about the TBG?

If that is the case the TD screwed up.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 12/11/12, 08:19 pm

jen_nah wrote:
TBGsoccer wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:
jen_nah wrote:
WingNut wrote:Kenny is a no show, I think the DT North is Rosales or is it DeLeon?

That would be DTN Manchester

Jen_nah, which DT team is playing in silver? Does Coach Rosales have two 04 teams?

Manchester will be playing Gold. The schedule is posted. We are in pool B of Gold. DTN United will be playing in Silver.

DT DeLeon is in gold bracket b not Dt manchester

That says DTN United not Manchester. There is no way Manchester is down in silver. Are you sure about the TBG?

If that is the case the TD screwed up.

Wait. Are you saying both DT man and DT Deleon signed up? But only one made it into bracketing? I would call Chance. Not sure he can fix it at this point. Ouch.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 12/11/12, 09:57 pm

Now you guys have me confused...who is DTN United? (I get the Dallas Texans North part)... Rolling Eyes
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 12/11/12, 10:04 pm

10sDad wrote:Now you guys have me confused...who is DTN United? (I get the Dallas Texans North part)... Rolling Eyes

DTN United is DTN Manchester's sister team ( also coached by Rosales)

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 12/11/12, 10:10 pm

Eliza466 wrote:TGB wins- he found the solar girls. Why do you have to go stalking the team, yo! Suspect

I'm not stalking just thought it was funny how no one knew.
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 13/11/12, 12:18 am

TBGsoccer wrote:
Eliza466 wrote:TGB wins- he found the solar girls. Why do you have to go stalking the team, yo! Suspect

I'm fascinated as well. Just trying to understand what's Solars strategy for playing up. Maybe it's not for me to understand or maybe a pipe dream is being sold. Just curious to hear from Solar parents as to why Ken plays up, there seems to be a conflicts of schedule most of the times, no one knows what tourney y'all play in. It also seems like Ken doesn't try to get involved with '04's tournaments. Are y'all beyond the '04 level?

I want to hear from Solar parents on this one. Any takers?

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 13/11/12, 07:42 am

Faster development... The number 1 benefit for playing up is faster development. The challenge makes the players have to be mentally sharp, and decision makers on the ball. It helps to develop the mental side of the players game at a faster pace. In conclusion, playing up speeds up development in technical ability as well as their mental understanding of the game.Any coach worth his salt knows this and utilizes the opportunities..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 13/11/12, 08:00 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
TBGsoccer wrote:

I'm fascinated as well. Just trying to understand what's Solars strategy for playing up. Maybe it's not for me to understand or maybe a pipe dream is being sold. Just curious to hear from Solar parents as to why Ken plays up, there seems to be a conflicts of schedule most of the times, no one knows what tourney y'all play in. It also seems like Ken doesn't try to get involved with '04's tournaments. Are y'all beyond the '04 level?

I want to hear from Solar parents on this one. Any takers?

I was joking about the stalking part, just wanted to use the emoticon.

Why does Scott play up? Why does RASE play up? Preparing for the future, or just because we can. I'm not quite sure what you mean by conflicts of schedule? If thats a TGPL thing then yes, there were conflicts, but that's an old story.
There is no hidden agenda or strategy. Pipe dream? I'm not being sold on anything. My daughter loves to play with her friends and her coach just like others on different teams. He is not dodging '04 tournaments. Why should we be at every single tournament that is offered? If my daughter receives and participates in quality practices and plays in regular games, she is developing, right? Or is it the tournaments that she needs?

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/11/12, 08:00 am

Sounds like SK is getting the same ctriticism that RASE received for playing-up. Would like to see a match-up soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 13/11/12, 08:22 am

Master Bates wrote:Sounds like SK is getting the same ctriticism that RASE received for playing-up. Would like to see a match-up soon!

True, but Solar has always played up. My daughter has been with the team for almost two years and they have always played up so I don't see why 4dalove is bringing it up like it is new or something. confused

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/11/12, 08:25 am

LW has been playing his girls up for over a year. And all we have heard on these forums since has been the mantra that "there's no way his teams can be considered the best b/c they don't play their age group" or "they're dodging competition" blah blah blah
Now Solar is doing it, it's suddenly all about "development"
LMAO!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 13/11/12, 08:31 am

SoftballDad wrote:LW has been playing his girls up for over a year. And all we have heard on these forums since has been the mantra that "there's no way his teams can be considered the best b/c they don't play their age group" or "they're dodging competition" blah blah blah
Now Solar is doing it, it's suddenly all about "development"
LMAO!

Again, where have you been?? Solar has always played up!! Neutral

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 13/11/12, 08:34 am

They are complaining because they want their opportunity to beat Solar Kenn and many of them feel like the will.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 13/11/12, 08:52 am

go99 wrote:They are complaining because they want their opportunity to beat Solar Kenn and many of them feel like the will.

Good point go99.. It's seems Ken is a step behind or this is intentional. Tournaments are posted, the 04 team play and state who will play, but no Ken. It seems like he waits then say we will do another tourney but we will play up. Not to say he is running but it looks that's way.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 13/11/12, 09:01 am

Kenn has to do what he thinks is good for his team. His parents have to let it go when people post rankings and leave them out of the top teams. Thats going to come with the territory of not playing the other teams. None of it matter until qualifying anyway
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLD 13/11/12, 09:17 am

go99 wrote:Kenn has to do what he thinks is good for his team. His parents have to let it go when people post rankings and leave them out of the top teams. Thats going to come with the territory of not playing the other teams. None of it matter until qualifying anyway

No one on sk complains about these rankings. Never have I read that on these forums. We don't get caught up in 9 yr old soccer rankings.

If all you that are complaining want to play sk, then by all means ask your coach to play your team up in tournaments. Besides, it won't be long before all the 04's start playing each other regularly as 04's go select in a year and a half.

Last edited by Drlaura on 13/11/12, 09:25 am; edited 1 time in total

DTLD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 13/11/12, 09:18 am

Is there a problem with the system here?

All this playing up/against boys/etc. is making me think that either the system is broken, or people are gaming the system off the backs of 8 year olds and their parents. It reaks of elitism, but in the name of "development".

Liverpool and Solar are multi-team organizations. They don't HAVE to build super-teams so that they can play up. Just like they move players up to the super-teams, they can spread the stud players around to all their teams and have many very good teams.

When academy was first being proposed, it was for the above average little rec player to get a bit more challenge. It was to be an additional activity to rec, but not be committal, nor overly competitive (some leagues don't even keep score). The clubs saw a moneymaker by capitalizing on the over-zealous parents, and the whole system has been bastardized so that its almost indisquingishable from the cut-throat LHGCL. Except the players are 6/7/8 years old with very fragile egos and in the midst of defining their personalities and how they view and interact with others. Not sure how this uber-comptetiveness, elitism, and ego-crushing demotions go toward creating a well-adjusted teen/adult - but I fear its not productive or positive.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by whattheheck 13/11/12, 09:21 am

So much for the subject line, huh? Thought this was about the predictions for the tournament actual teams are playing in? Oh, well...guess I won't be checking here anymore for PT picks. I will come here to be entertained about a discussion on playing up and SK!
whattheheck
whattheheck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by whattheheck 13/11/12, 09:28 am

Oh, and I predict a name or two not mentioned at all will be a contender for this tournament! Laughing

Wait, is this where I was suppose to put this!?!
whattheheck
whattheheck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 13/11/12, 09:29 am

not sure on your super teams vs spreading players out theory. So what is it that you gain by spreading the players out? And what about the players on those teams. What about the girl who is carrying responibilty for her team? You just tell her you were great but now we are going to bring a stud into the team to carry the load for the team. What about the stub player who wasn't heads above her teammates and had to fight hard in practice? What does she now get from the deal? So it really seems like an idea to eliminate "super teams" so that others can be more competative but little thought about the players themselves.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 13/11/12, 09:32 am

go99 wrote:not sure on your super teams vs spreading players out theory. So what is it that you gain by spreading the players out? And what about the players on those teams. What about the girl who is carrying responibilty for her team? You just tell her you were great but now we are going to bring a stud into the team to carry the load for the team. What about the stub player who wasn't heads above her teammates and had to fight hard in practice? What does she now get from the deal? So it really seems like an idea to eliminate "super teams" so that others can be more competative but little thought about the players themselves.
It's really no different than a weekend where the super-team does not have a tournament...they all end up as guest players on the other teams, displacing the normal starters at those postions.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 13/11/12, 09:33 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
go99 wrote:They are complaining because they want their opportunity to beat Solar Kenn and many of them feel like the will.

Good point go99.. It's seems Ken is a step behind or this is intentional. Tournaments are posted, the 04 team play and state who will play, but no Ken. It seems like he waits then say we will do another tourney but we will play up. Not to say he is running but it looks that's way.

No, not a step behind nor intentional. The parents know which tournaments our girls are playing through to spring. It's not new that he plays up, if you want your team to play SK do bad, then play up as well. No big deal.

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazuca 13/11/12, 09:38 am

Playing up only gives you an extra couple pats on your own back when you win and a built in excuse when you lose.
Brazuca
Brazuca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 13/11/12, 10:09 am

10sDad wrote:
go99 wrote:not sure on your super teams vs spreading players out theory. So what is it that you gain by spreading the players out? And what about the players on those teams. What about the girl who is carrying responibilty for her team? You just tell her you were great but now we are going to bring a stud into the team to carry the load for the team. What about the stub player who wasn't heads above her teammates and had to fight hard in practice? What does she now get from the deal? So it really seems like an idea to eliminate "super teams" so that others can be more competative but little thought about the players themselves.
It's really no different than a weekend where the super-team does not have a tournament...they all end up as guest players on the other teams, displacing the normal starters at those postions.

Big difference over an occasional tournament and every game. And then also the change in practice. Personally I don't think the kids should do it as it takes another persons playtime. But that of course does not include the teams that are short of players. Filling in spots seems okay stacking a team for a tournament win is shady.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next