North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Select Soccer for 70% Less Money Than Big Clubs Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Select Soccer for 70% Less Money Than Big Clubs

Go down

Select Soccer for 70% Less Money Than Big Clubs Empty Select Soccer for 70% Less Money Than Big Clubs

Post by Warriors03 19/11/12, 09:56 pm

As you begin to think about your daughter playing "select" soccer, there are several things to consider:

The Lake Highlands Girls Classic League only allows 16 players on the roster for U11. Where does your daughter fit? Top or bottom? What does that do for playing time?

• What good does it do a player to be on a “top team” if they are at the bottom of the roster and rarely get in a game situation. It happens. Ask around.

Warriors Soccer plays all players.

Team Stability – North Texas Soccer is a rough environment. Many clubs move players around to benefit the club, not the player. Also, many players move around because they are no longer suited for the club. Coaches change, teams come and go, contracts are promised and then pulled at the last minute because an “A” player suddenly becomes available. It is a circus!

• The 99 Warriors have been together for over 5 years. Since they went “select” only three players have left the team. They have become a family. The girls love each other, and enjoy being together on and off the soccer field.

We create a Christian soccer environment that builds character, strength, and determination through positive role models.

All the competitive soccer you want, without all the drama.

The fee structure is very different than a "big club" environment.

• 99 Warriors paid $650 (70% LESS than what a “big club” charges) for their annual fees for 2012-2013 year.
    Your annual fee in the contract with a “big club” is not your only annual cost. Ask about mandatory fundraisers, # of tournaments included (usually 3 and most teams play 5-6), Winter and Summer indoor/futsol cost (not included), uniform fees (not included), and mandatory club memberships (not included). This also does not include any cost if your coach decides to take your team to an out of town tournament. BTW, the fine print in the club contract states that you pay for all expenses for your coach for the out of town tournament.

These costs add up to $2,600 to $3,200+ per year. YES, it does cost that much to play for a big club. You have to decide if it is worth it.

Warriors Soccer divides league fees, tournament fees, and other costs evenly among the players. The books are always open.

Our coaches do not need to get paid.

This is not a business. We are not in this to make money, only to build character and relationships through soccer. It is not about us.

Our focus and priority is on the kids. Our kids are building lasting friendships that will carry them beyond their playing career - whatever that may be.

‘03 quote: “ The Warriors are one of the best things that happened to me. The girls on my team are becoming some of my best friends. I made the perfect choice.”

Recent tournament director quote: “I also wanted to let you know my staff and I are very impressed with what you have created and have been doing with Warriors Soccer. Your moral compass and the direction you are taking the club is very impressive…”

Come try a practice or two!

Learn more at

www.warriorssoccertx.com

Coach Bill - 99warriorssoccer@gmail.com or 03warriorssoccer@gmail.com
Warriors03
Warriors03
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Select Soccer for 70% Less Money Than Big Clubs Empty Re: Select Soccer for 70% Less Money Than Big Clubs

Post by ForcaFC 19/11/12, 11:13 pm

Love this post. Everything is true!!
Just found out about the hidden fees this year. I'd like to see the other clubs post their fees as well.

ForcaFC
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Select Soccer for 70% Less Money Than Big Clubs Empty Re: Select Soccer for 70% Less Money Than Big Clubs

Post by Warriors03 25/11/12, 08:04 pm

www.warriorssoccertx.com
Warriors03
Warriors03
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BFI 01/12/12, 01:05 am

I think you maybe saved Too Much as the website does not work... ?

BFI
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriors03 01/12/12, 09:43 am

Thanks for your message. Not sure why it is not working for you. Seems to work for me.

http://www.warriorssoccertx.com/

Warriors03
Warriors03
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by glitterbeam 01/12/12, 09:45 am

Both links work for me.

glitterbeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 01/12/12, 07:40 pm

They didn't yesterday... I like the concept. Too bad there aren't more programs like this.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by drphil 02/12/12, 06:48 am

agreed, their page seems to be working fine yesterday and this morning. and i, too, love the concept. thanks for putting it out there, coach bill!

drphil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 02/12/12, 09:37 am

i've always felt that anyone playing below ecnl/lh D1 should be able to find a decent volunteer coach. There is not very much difference between what the clubs put into it at that level and what a volunteer who played would do. If parents of a D3/plano team got organized they could advertise for a volunteer coach, find a field, and leave a club. What difference would it make? Call yourselves the Texins or Stingers, or SC Dallas. The volunteer would probably put more effort and time into it than what I have seen from most of these club coaches. There have been several efforts at this in the past but when the team had success the fees increased and then the big clubs would pick off the best players or lure the coach and his team into the club. I think polaris was started by a dad with no fees (are they even around?) and later upped to a full fee club. On the boys side it happens a lot when a latino youth rec team moves into classic without fees, often in D1, but the big clubs manage to scholarship their best players and take the team apart. Isn't there another club in Garland/rowlett that's doing something like this too?
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriors03 09/12/12, 07:31 am

http://warriorssoccertx.com/Announcements.html

Click on the link and scroll to the bottom
Warriors03
Warriors03
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriors03 30/12/12, 03:37 pm

Building confidence, self-esteem and character through soccer relationships. http://warriorssoccertx.com

Warriors03
Warriors03
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 30/12/12, 06:30 pm

DrSoccer wrote:i've always felt that anyone playing below ecnl/lh D1 should be able to find a decent volunteer coach. There is not very much difference between what the clubs put into it at that level and what a volunteer who played would do. If parents of a D3/plano team got organized they could advertise for a volunteer coach, find a field, and leave a club. What difference would it make? Call yourselves the Texins or Stingers, or SC Dallas. The volunteer would probably put more effort and time into it than what I have seen from most of these club coaches. There have been several efforts at this in the past but when the team had success the fees increased and then the big clubs would pick off the best players or lure the coach and his team into the club. I think polaris was started by a dad with no fees (are they even around?) and later upped to a full fee club. On the boys side it happens a lot when a latino youth rec team moves into classic without fees, often in D1, but the big clubs manage to scholarship their best players and take the team apart. Isn't there another club in Garland/rowlett that's doing something like this too?

Yep, because we all know it's a hard and fast rule that volunteers put in more effort than professionals Rolling Eyes

There are many LH coaches who have multiple teams across the divisions and give as much to each of their teams.

I don't think anybody has an issue with smaller clubs promoting their wares on here but try to do it without sniping at the big clubs. If you have a good product, it will be evident over time and people will pay an interest. But, until you're beating the big clubs on the field (and not their 15th string team), it's best just to advertise what you're trying to achieve over time rather than trying to bash paid coaches who put in a lot of time and effort to do their best for the kids. Just because they can't afford to do it for free doesn't mean they aren't giving their best.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 5girls 30/12/12, 07:39 pm

[quote="the7wolf"][quote="DrSoccer"]i've always felt that anyone playing below ecnl/lh D1 should be able to find a decent volunteer coach. There is not very much difference between what the clubs put into it at that level and what a volunteer who played would do. If parents of a D3/plano team got organized they could advertise for a volunteer coach, find a field, and leave a club. What difference would it make? Call yourselves the Texins or Stingers, or SC Dallas. The volunteer would probably put more effort and time into it than what I have seen from most of these club coaches. There have been several efforts at this in the past but when the team had success the fees increased and then the big clubs would pick off the best players or lure the coach and his team into the club. I think polaris was started by a dad with no fees (are they even around?) and later upped to a full fee club. On the boys side it happens a lot when a latino youth rec team moves into classic without fees, often in D1, but the big clubs manage to scholarship their best players and take the team apart. Isn't there another club in Garland/rowlett that's doing something like this too? [/quote]

Yep, because we all know it's a hard and fast rule that volunteers put in more effort than professionals Rolling Eyes

There are many LH coaches who have multiple teams across the divisions and give as much to each of their teams.

I don't think anybody has an issue with smaller clubs promoting their wares on here but try to do it without sniping at the big clubs. If you have a good product, it will be evident over time and people will pay an interest. But, until you're beating the big clubs on the field (and not their 15th string team), it's best just to advertise what you're trying to achieve over time rather than trying to bash paid coaches who put in a lot of time and effort to do their best for the kids. Just because they can't afford to do it for free doesn't mean they aren't giving their best.[/quote]

Interesting that you of all coaches would use a phrase like "do their best for the kids". The same coach who gives 7 year olds the boot via an email to their parents...

5girls
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 01/01/13, 11:24 am

Like everything else in life, in soccer as well, you usually get what you pay for.
Just because it is soccer for the little sweet dds, don't expect to get a Lamborgini for the price of VW.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/01/13, 11:53 am

Frankly it should be 70 percent less if you play in plano premier, why parents should pay clubs 2400 to play glorified rec is beyond me....

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 01/01/13, 01:36 pm

Do you feel the same way about LHGCL Division 3, or is there a really big difference between teams 25 to 30 and teams 31 to 36?

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/01/13, 03:28 pm

intrinsic wrote:Do you feel the same way about LHGCL Division 3, or is there a really big difference between teams 25 to 30 and teams 31 to 36?

The difference is that teams 25-30 play 8 games a year against teams 21-24, while teams 31-36 play 14 games against teams 37-50.

I would argue that the 8 games against 21-24 are more significant in terms of player development than the 14 games against 37-50.

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Roosevelt 01/01/13, 04:41 pm

Hey 5girls,

Just curious. What is Wolf suppose to do?

Parents bring thier girl to try out for a particular team. No one forced them to come out, no one made any promises about the future.

There are a limited number of places on the team. Do you expect the coach to keep the best players? The best players on the team are not just paying the coach for training, but also to make the tough decisions that need to be made about the roster, right?

Coach's job is to make decisions and communicate those desisions to the team. Is email not acceptable form of communication? If you need more than an email then you are paying too much, or you are too sensitive to have every brought your girl out to try out.
Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by wowtheo 01/01/13, 06:54 pm

Theodore Roosevelt wrote:Hey 5girls,

Parents bring thier girl to try out for a particular team. No one forced them to come out, no one made any promises about the future.

There are a limited number of places on the team. Do you expect the coach to keep the best players? The best players on the team are not just paying the coach for training, but also to make the tough decisions that need to be made about the roster, right?

Coach's job is to make decisions and communicate those desisions to the team. Is email not acceptable form of communication? If you need more than an email then you are paying too much, or you are too sensitive to have every brought your girl out to try out.

1)Some of those that received emails had been there, not just trying out.
2)limited spaces.... you kept 8, real full
3)tough decisions...save that speech for select. 6 yr olds are works in progress
4)if my child is being cut, yes, I expect a conversation. I don't quit a team with an email. I don't expect the coach to quit my child without a conversation.

wowtheo
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/01/13, 07:36 pm

Www.DallasKicks.com if you are looking. Happy New Years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/01/13, 08:31 pm

wowtheo wrote:
Theodore Roosevelt wrote:Hey 5girls,

1)Some of those that received emails had been there, not just trying out.
2)limited spaces.... you kept 8, real full
3)tough decisions...save that speech for select. 6 yr olds are works in progress
4)if my child is being cut, yes, I expect a conversation. I don't quit a team with an email. I don't expect the coach to quit my child without a conversation.

i actually think you are both right. trying out (at any age) email is ok. already on the team? coach needs to call you or do it in person, an email or text is just chicken crap.

by the way, to me d3 is on the bubble, good team that maybe should be in d2?, ok, d3 team with little hope of moving up? i wouldn't pay 2400 to a club. I have seen teams in the big clubs in d3 who are little better than plano premier teams. depends on the team and the prospects of the team...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down