North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Another Awful Decision by FC Dallas Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Another Awful Decision by FC Dallas

Go down

Another Awful Decision by FC Dallas Empty Another Awful Decision by FC Dallas

Post by good4nuthin 29/11/12, 06:27 pm

Can anyone name the bright point in the last few seasons for the FC Dallas professional team - the one who kept them in games - the only one who lead the team? Let me give you a hint, it's the same person who gave back to the soccer community both girls and boys by providing his goal keeping expertise in a keeper school - pretty much the only FCD pro player who interacted and contributed to the youth soccer community in DFW.

Kevin Hartman

Great job not resigning him FCD - another fantastically awful decision. I truly think monkeys (I am censoring myself) are running the show from the top down...
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Another Awful Decision by FC Dallas Empty Re: Another Awful Decision by FC Dallas

Post by Guest 29/11/12, 06:34 pm

good4nuthin wrote:Can anyone name the bright point in the last few seasons for the FC Dallas professional team - the one who kept them in games - the only one who lead the team? Let me give you a hint, it's the same person who gave back to the soccer community both girls and boys by providing his goal keeping expertise in a keeper school - pretty much the only FCD pro player who interacted and contributed to the youth soccer community in DFW.

Kevin Hartman

Great job not resigning him FCD - another fantastically awful decision. I truly think monkeys (I am censoring myself) are running the show from the top down...

Seriously? Boo. Love Kevin Hartman, my dd will be devastated. See if I renew my voucher package chumps!

Back to top Go down

Another Awful Decision by FC Dallas Empty Re: Another Awful Decision by FC Dallas

Post by flygirl 29/11/12, 08:34 pm

02ddsoccerfan wrote:
good4nuthin wrote:Can anyone name the bright point in the last few seasons for the FC Dallas professional team - the one who kept them in games - the only one who lead the team? Let me give you a hint, it's the same person who gave back to the soccer community both girls and boys by providing his goal keeping expertise in a keeper school - pretty much the only FCD pro player who interacted and contributed to the youth soccer community in DFW.

Kevin Hartman

Seriously? Boo. Love Kevin Hartman, my dd will be devastated. See if I renew my voucher package chumps!

I agree. Some not so bright decisions are being made at FCD HQ... I mean, Hartman has been on ESPN highlights more than any FCD player I recall. How much marketing dollars is that worth?
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSerum 29/11/12, 10:52 pm

flygirl wrote:
02ddsoccerfan wrote:

Kevin Hartman

I agree. Some not so bright decisions are being made at FCD HQ... I mean, Hartman has been on ESPN highlights more than any FCD player I recall. How much marketing dollars is that worth?

Ditto. Nitwits at the top, at the bottom and on the sidelines. These people really could mess up a wet dream but support them any way because they are all we got.

On a serious note they have a plan. They plan to use the money saved on Hartman and the funds raised from the families that bought the pre-jr ecnl all expense paid academy travel team to bring in Ronaldinho for 2 seasons. I say that is pretty damn shrewd.

TruthSerum
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JPMoe70 30/11/12, 01:50 am

Kevin Hartman

Hartman is a very nice guy, played great at keeper. Not sure what the deal is at FC Dallas. A couple years ago in the MLS Cup - now can't even make the playoffs. Time for a new Team direction or new head coach?

JPMoe70
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 30/11/12, 07:18 am

JPMoe70 wrote:

Kevin Hartman

Hartman is a very nice guy, played great at keeper. Not sure what the deal is at FC Dallas. A couple years ago in the MLS Cup - now can't even make the playoffs. Time for a new Team direction or new head coach?

Yes. More suited for the college game where constant roster churn is part of the process for everyone.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 30/11/12, 07:28 am

It's hard to bash FCD without knowing the full story. We don't know what Hartman's contract demands are. His contract demands may have been too big.

FCD does have a capable quality up-and-comer in their backup Sanchez. I've seen Sanchez play a couple times and I like him. He doesn't have the experience Hartman brings to the party but he can definitely play. At some point they need to give these young guys a legit chance.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 30/11/12, 08:07 am

bigtex75081 wrote:It's hard to bash FCD without knowing the full story. We don't know what Hartman's contract demands are. His contract demands may have been too big.

FCD does have a capable quality up-and-comer in their backup Sanchez. I've seen Sanchez play a couple times and I like him. He doesn't have the experience Hartman brings to the party but he can definitely play. At some point they need to give these young guys a legit chance.

Seitz is the next in line - Sanchez is #3, well, 2 now. Can those guys control a weak back line better than hartman? i think not... maybe they are buying a new back line.... who knows...Hartman was willing to compromise and end his career here. He has many years left in him.

Maybe FCD will use their superior intellect, take a page from Jerry jones book and bring in beckham as the new veteran to solidify things. Hear he is looking and can bring in the $$$$$$. Cause we all know $$$$ now is what it's about. Not dynamics, or building community or even developing "homegrown" players and definately not girls! It's all about the $$$$$ NOW!!!
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 30/11/12, 08:41 am

good4nuthin wrote:
bigtex75081 wrote:It's hard to bash FCD without knowing the full story. We don't know what Hartman's contract demands are. His contract demands may have been too big.

Seitz is the next in line - Sanchez is #3, well, 2 now. Can those guys control a weak back line better than hartman? i think not... maybe they are buying a new back line.... who knows...Hartman was willing to compromise and end his career here. He has many years left in him.

Maybe FCD will use their superior intellect, take a page from Jerry jones book and bring in beckham as the new veteran to solidify things. Hear he is looking and can bring in the $$$$$$. Cause we all know $$$$ now is what it's about. Not dynamics, or building community or even developing "homegrown" players and definately not girls! It's all about the $$$$$ NOW!!!

Gross mishandling by FCD. Great guy and community supporter. Just shows how much the Front Office is disconnected with the supporters, fans and community.

My guess is Becks is headed to NYRB, rumor has it Posh has been scouting schools for the kids in NYC.

FCD is definitley headed to another year not makingthe Playoffs in 2013, starts with the Frot Office and the older than hell Coach. Need some new blood and Hartman in goal.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 30/11/12, 09:32 am

Here is a report on the 2012 salaries. Hartman wasn't getting paid as he should have been. I pulled this from the article on http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/soccer/post/_/id/15648/2012-fc-dallas-salaries

As happens every year the MLS Players Union has announced the salaries of all their players. I pulled out the FC Dallas salaries for you here.

A couple of quick thoughts before the list...

1. Most players, including Blas Perez, make about what I expected. That means FCD is doing a good job with their salary structure.

2. You can see Fabian Castillo was indeed a 1 year DP player as he's now on his actual salary.

3. Ricardo Villar is a steal at $80k. I would have been happy at twice that.

4. Bruno Guarda is still a bit overpaid, being a former Generation adidas that happens.

5. Andrew Wiedeman is WAY overpaid. Someone really misfired and overvalued him. He's getting paid like a U17 GA signing does, not a college GA signing. No way FCD picks that deal up when he graduates.

6. Of the protected players Ruben Luna and Bryan Leyva get paid like the prospects they are, everyone else makes backup money. I expected more for Richard Sanchez.

7. Daniel Hernandez took a big pay cut this year, about half. Which is appropriate IMO. I wonder if he gets a separate coach's salary?

8. George John is getting hosed... he should be on Ugo money. The question is, did FCD offer Ugo money or not, John turned them down but it's hard to know what they offered. Ugo is paid like a domestic starting center back should be paid. John should be very similar.

Ok here's the list, the first number is the base salary, the second is "average after bonuses."
Senior Roster
Ferreira, David $600,000.00 $705,000.00
Shea, Brek $310,000.00 $354,000.00
Perez, Blas $285,000.00 $309,250.00
Ihemelu, Ugo $190,000.00 $190,000.00
Hartman, Kevin $165,000.00 $185,000.00
Jackson $120,000.00 $141,375.00
Loyd, Zach $73,975.00 $118,600.00
Jacobson, Andrew $87,500.00 $100,000.00
Pertuz, Hernan $84,000.00 $84,000.00
Villar, Ricardo $80,004.00 $80,004.00
Benitez, Jair $80,000.00 $80,000.00
Guarda, Bruno $60,000.00 $75,000.00
Hernandez, Daniel $75,000.00 $75,000.00
Seitz, Chris $75,000.00 $75,000.00
Rodriguez, Carlos $55,008.00 $64,383.00
Warshaw, Bobby $46,200.00 $57,450.00
Castillo, Fabian $50,000.00 $56,250.00
Sealy, Scott $50,004.00 $50,004.00
John, George $47,250.00 $47,250.00
Protected Roster
Wiedeman Andrew $80,000.00 $123,000.00
Luna Ruben $60,000.00 $84,791.67
Leyva Bryan $60,000.00 $75,833.33
Hedges Matt $44,000.00 $59,000.00
Hernandez Moises $44,100.00 $46,600.00
Ulloa Victor $44,000.00 $46,500.00
Sanchez Richard $44,000.00 $45,000.00
Top Jonathan $44,100.00 $44,100.00
Marcelin James $44,000.04 $44,000.04
Lee Alex $33,756.00 $33,756.00

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 05/12/12, 02:32 pm

More fantastic logic for you:

From "3rd Degree"
Schellas Hyndman: Kevin Hartman Our Most Consistent Player the Last Three Seasons

When all the news surrounding FC Dallas goalkeeper Kevin Hartman surfaced last week, with his camp and FCD not being able to reach financial terms, Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman was in the middle of a well-deserved week off. Hyndman has returned to the grind this week and addressed the Hartman situation by phone on Monday and here’s what he had to say.

On Hartman possibly still returning
“Kevin’s probably the most consistent player since he’s been with us the last three years. He did extremely well at the end of the year when you evaluate things and those are the reasons you love him. He’s an experienced pro and now it’s a situation where we’ve been working awfully hard with him. It’s just working with his agent, the numbers continue to get to the point of it just makes it very difficult for us. At this time, we’re not able to pick up his option but if he’s not picked up by anyone, then we have a chance to renegotiate with him. So that’s where we are. If you look at the team and you look at what the needs are and you’re working with the salary cap, these are difficult things for a lot of teams in MLS.”

Hyndman also iterated that the club was also exploring every option at keeper, including possibly bringing in a veteran like Joe Cannon or Will Hesmer, provided everything would work to the benefit of the club.

“We’re working on it. We’re looking at a lot of people. Kevin may still be back with us if he’s not picked up in the Re-Entry Draft,” he said. “In the meantime, we’re looking at players and I think we have to. But that will all be determined as we move forward.”
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 05/12/12, 04:16 pm

Kevin Hartman

I know for a fact, personally, that several others have interacted and contributed with youth soccer in the area..just fyi..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 05/12/12, 07:59 pm

Busby Babes wrote:

Kevin Hartman

I know for a fact, personally, that several others have interacted and contributed with youth soccer in the area..just fyi..

So OK, let's hear who they are - and how, so they can be recognized!
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 05/12/12, 08:37 pm

Not necessary.....Anyone that knows me, knows it isn't even questionable. Just making a point that your statement is false..
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by good4nuthin 05/12/12, 08:46 pm

Busby Babes wrote:Not necessary.....Anyone that knows me, knows it isn't even questionable. Just making a point that your statement is false..

I am sorry for the ignorance. I am just a lowly 03 girls parent and supporter of Kevin Hartman... I am sure your inner circle of anonymous avatars knows who you are and where you are coming from. But for the rest of us, can you please explain what statement is false and how?

In other words, please give us some examples of other pro FCD players that contribute back to the youth soccer community as much as Hartman - not as part of their contract with the FCD organization - you know, on their own - creatively interacting and teaching their skill to future generations. It would actually be refreshing and inspiring to hear!
good4nuthin
good4nuthin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 05/12/12, 11:26 pm

good4nuthin wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:Not necessary.....Anyone that knows me, knows it isn't even questionable. Just making a point that your statement is false..

I am sorry for the ignorance. I am just a lowly 03 girls parent and supporter of Kevin Hartman... I am sure your inner circle of anonymous avatars knows who you are and where you are coming from. But for the rest of us, can you please explain what statement is false and how?

In other words, please give us some examples of other pro FCD players that contribute back to the youth soccer community as much as Hartman - not as part of their contract with the FCD organization - you know, on their own - creatively interacting and teaching their skill to future generations. It would actually be refreshing and inspiring to hear!

BUSBY.... C'MON MAN share your wisdom. We are not mind readers affraid

Hartman has been what has defined FCD - other have followed and built upon what he has done.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down