North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Merry Christmas from Tigers FC Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Merry Christmas from Tigers FC

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Merry Christmas from Tigers FC Empty Merry Christmas from Tigers FC

Post by Guest 16/12/12, 09:02 am

We wrapped up our 2012 training schedule with indoor games yesterday, so as we get into a 2 week break, seemed like a fitting time to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday.

Take a moment to pause and reflect on the incredible blessings we all share in having happy, healthy and talented dds. And while it sometimes gets a little contentious on the pitch, at the end of the day, we should all be rooting for these 07s to grow and develop - and how awesome it is that we get to watch that happen.

So I have a few questions and ideas...

1 - Where is everyone playing this Spring? I have enough for 2 teams, but would really like to find a league that has enough teams that we can do at least an A and B division.

2 - Is anyone interested in playing Quickfoot Denton on 2/14 as a preseason warmup? I am hoping to have 3 07 teams out there.

3 - And this one is the radical one - You know with my oldest daughter (95g) I wish I had done a couple of things differently - she was a great defender - but I didn't get her playing outside of rec (didn't know any better) until U9. She still played D1 for a while, but started off behind the curve. Back in those days, it also took me a while to appreciate the value of cooperation between rival teams. Once I got over that, man we had some really great tournament winners. So with the 07 and 09 girls, I'm trying to get them exposed to life beyond rec at the earliest possible age. But I'm wondering (and I know we all have club preferences), how cool would it be to work on creating an 07 super team? Play with whatever club(s) you want, and then maybe once a month have the top girls train together for a long afternoon on Sunday as an allstar group? Then create an awesome allstar travel team. We could basically hand ODP their starting lineup in a few years, and I bet we would get a few on to the national roster. And yes, I know this is a crazy idea that will never work - but if it did work...

Anyway - have a blessed holiday!

Steve Roberts
steve@teaxastigersfc.com
817-564-6069

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas from Tigers FC Empty Re: Merry Christmas from Tigers FC

Post by Guest 16/12/12, 09:16 am

ODP has no club affiliation so no need for practice and guest player releases. Also no threat to players being stolen or persuaded to leave the teams their on. Plus you need the large club they do not need you to creat good teams. It seems you are working hard to develop the kids in your programs keep up the good work and remain focused!

Last edited by totalsoccer on 16/12/12, 05:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/12/12, 02:17 pm

Yes - Total - I understand how ODP works. I think you misunderstood what I'm saying. I think if we can start getting the top 07s playing and training together for fun now, they will be "ready made" for ODP when the time comes. But the post wasn't really about ODP - primarily, just the idea that we have enough talent and coaching in DFW to create a super team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/12/12, 05:13 pm

Coach Steve wrote:Yes - Total - I understand how ODP works. I think you misunderstood what I'm saying. I think if we can start getting the top 07s playing and training together for fun now, they will be "ready made" for ODP when the time comes. But the post wasn't really about ODP - primarily, just the idea that we have enough talent and coaching in DFW to create a super team.

I am pretty sure the larger clubs would be glad to put your top player on there super team! I am just saying be careful what you ask for!

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 17/12/12, 07:49 pm

Are you saying that you could determine the ODP 1st team at U13 when the girls are 5 and 6 years old?

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/12/12, 08:11 pm

@intrinsic. No, and I don't think I said anything remotely akin to that. My point is simple. There are tons of talented and dedicated little ones in DFW. The age group is divided along club lines and allegiances very early. Families and players learn to dislike the competition and thive in sabotaging rival teams or stealing players. All I'm saying is that beginning at a young age if we could all just get along and maybe encourage the top girls from various programs to play together before they sign with clubs at U11, the entire age group would be better served, and if that became a regular thing, then yes I believe that the 1st ODP class would likely consist of these players- but again/ that would probably happen anyway since I am only talking about the top players in the age group. The difference would be (hopefully) that the kids would enjoy playing together on occasion and ODP may field a better "team" instead of a collection of skilled players. It also might make for a better atmosphere during matches between rival coubs.But- that's really just wishful thinking. Most folks in the area are not doing this for the kids- they are doing it for their pocketbooks, and that kinda makes a mess of the entire sport. But if anyone wants to get the top 07s together from a few different clubs and take them as an unaffiliated group to a tournament somewhere sometime it sure would be fun to watch our NTX AllStars play.

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 17/12/12, 08:26 pm

Coach Steve wrote: But if anyone wants to get the top 07s together from a few different clubs and take them as an unaffiliated group to a tournament somewhere sometime it sure would be fun to watch our NTX AllStars play.

Who would coach these '07 all stars?
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/12/12, 08:35 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:
Coach Steve wrote: But if anyone wants to get the top 07s together from a few different clubs and take them as an unaffiliated group to a tournament somewhere sometime it sure would be fun to watch our NTX AllStars play.

CP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/12/12, 09:20 pm

Good question. Maybe a group of coaches from different clubs? Maybe some unaffiliated college and HS coaches? I would be happy to do it- but then everyone would claim the obvious- that I am trying to grab their kids for my team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/12/12, 04:20 am

totalsoccer wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

CP

Heard DM is running low on gas money...

...wait for it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/12/12, 06:27 am

Coach Steve wrote:Good question. Maybe a group of coaches from different clubs? Maybe some unaffiliated college and HS coaches? I would be happy to do it- but then everyone would claim the obvious- that I am trying to grab their kids for my team.

Go with it, set it up, keep us posted on how it is going!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/12/12, 06:37 am

bwgophers wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

CP

...wait for it...

Ill bite...

Who is DM?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/12/12, 07:44 am

David May, former rowdies head!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/12/12, 07:51 am

DM might be a really good choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 18/12/12, 08:41 am

Androfan wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:
kellersoccerdad wrote:

CP

...wait for it...

Ill bite...

Who is DM?

DM stands for (as stated many times on this forum) Depeche Mode or Defensive Midfielder depending on context - in this case "DM is running low on gas money" refers to Depeche Mode on their 212th American tour is not having the returns to support all of their rehab bills. - So they might be willing to try out coaching 5 and 6 year old girls for a little PR, inspiration and of course $$$ as it can be a lucrative business.

Let me know if you need their number...
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/12/12, 08:57 am

Ill call Dave Gahan and see if he's avail.

Back to top Go down

Post by #2420 18/12/12, 10:19 pm

Coach Steve wrote:@intrinsic. No, and I don't think I said anything remotely akin to that. My point is simple. There are tons of talented and dedicated little ones in DFW. The age group is divided along club lines and allegiances very early. Families and players learn to dislike the competition and thive in sabotaging rival teams or stealing players. All I'm saying is that beginning at a young age if we could all just get along and maybe encourage the top girls from various programs to play together before they sign with clubs at U11, the entire age group would be better served, and if that became a regular thing, then yes I believe that the 1st ODP class would likely consist of these players- but again/ that would probably happen anyway since I am only talking about the top players in the age group. The difference would be (hopefully) that the kids would enjoy playing together on occasion and ODP may field a better "team" instead of a collection of skilled players. It also might make for a better atmosphere during matches between rival coubs.But- that's really just wishful thinking. Most folks in the area are not doing this for the kids- they are doing it for their pocketbooks, and that kinda makes a mess of the entire sport. But if anyone wants to get the top 07s together from a few different clubs and take them as an unaffiliated group to a tournament somewhere sometime it sure would be fun to watch our NTX AllStars play.
How long have you been coaching youth soccer players?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/12/12, 10:56 pm

14 years

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/12, 08:26 am

14 years is a long time. I would think that I would have heard your name mentioned before now with that much experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/12, 08:48 am

If you were on TM and had a 95 g you should have-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/12, 08:57 am

Yes, I was on TM, but just being able to type on a computer would not have impressed me. Sorry!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/12, 09:06 am

Who said I could type?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/12, 09:08 am

I'm sorry you must be using dragon speech software to say you can coach!

Last edited by totalsoccer on 20/12/12, 08:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/12, 09:29 am

Typical, Total. This demonstrates why cooperation between rivals in our area limits us, and is just a fairy tale. Takes a simple mention of why might be a cool idea to get the kids together, and starts attacking (ODP shouldnt be so defensive? especially on a concept designed to help the player pool down the line). As for me, I'll leave the evaluation of my coaching to the players and families that I have worked with, and those that have seen them play. For those that are interested in trying to do something akin to an allstar training session from time to time- feel free to message me and we can try to set that up. I have a couple of kids that would be interested. And all- please have a safe and Merry Christmas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/12, 09:33 am

That sounds fair! Oh by the way, it seems you can type!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next