North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Congratulations to Kicks 07 for taking 1st place in Winter Blast - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Congratulations to Kicks 07 for taking 1st place in Winter Blast

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congratulations to Kicks 07 for taking 1st place in Winter Blast - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations to Kicks 07 for taking 1st place in Winter Blast

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 11:54 am

My guess is that someone affiliated with Kicks Nation is fueling this fire to make Kicks the topic of discussion. I think this movie has already been played with the 01 Kicks teams. Make Kicks the topic of the conversation, talk about how much of a "family" it is and how much "cheaper" it is, and raise the curiosity. AndroFan, a long time ago, used to sing the praises of Andromeda and then switched horses. Nothing wrong with that, he is without a doubt a "Fan". I believe when he first started on this forum he was an "Andro Fan" thus the name. Of course it could have something to do with being an Android Phone Fan Sleep lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Kicks 07 for taking 1st place in Winter Blast - Page 2 Empty Re: Congratulations to Kicks 07 for taking 1st place in Winter Blast

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 12:00 pm

I think you picked the correct username. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Go back and read my posts, never sang praises of Andromeda. Only the one team my DD played for. Left for several reason.

This club is different from them, period. I will leave it at that. As far as storing the pot to create a buzz. WHY? The teams create their own buzz by their play on the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 12:06 pm

And its not cheap to play at Kicks. My money just goes into my kid playing as much as she wants instead of some jackholes pocket that doesn't know or care about my kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 12:07 pm

Androfan wrote:I think you picked the correct username. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Go back and read my posts, never sang praises of Andromeda. Only the one team my DD played for. Left for several reason.

This club is different from them, period. I will leave it at that. As far as storing the pot to create a buzz. WHY? The teams create their own buzz by their play on the field.

First of all, I don't think anyone wanting to make a reference to instigating would "Store" a pot. Second, The team, 07' by the way, didn't start their own buzz....You Did! How many other 07', 06', or 05' teams from other clubs started a thread called "Congratulations to "MY CLUB" for taking 1st Place in "Who gives a Crap" tournament? Does your kid play on the 07' team? I'm guessing no, considering the team you were a "FAN" of at Andromeda. I'm sure the experience is good for you being part of the Kicks Nation. No one is hating, just calling A SPADE A SPADE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicks16 06/02/13, 12:14 pm

Just wanted to chime in. My daughter is an 08 playing up with the 07s. To be honest I couldn’t tell you anyone’s team coaches name. Does that mean they are all bad coaches?? I am part of kicknation! I am proud to be part of a group that really has a family environment. The 01s , 04s, 05s, 06s and 07s all show my daughter love. We know players from each group and if every group is coached by a parent what is the big deal?? Seriously people need to take step back and read what they write before they post! Congrats to all kick girls everyone did well and we will continue to do well no matter what people say! Yes, Kicks are fueling KICKSNATION! Did you not read the topic? We are the topic! Watch out 08s are coming…..

Kicks16
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 12:17 pm

You are funny man, seriously. I didn't start the thread. You are right, my DD doesn't play for them, several of them played up with my DD, so I know them well enough to like and congratulate, as I do nearly every squad in this club. Only two teams I have not had the pleasure of watching play are the 98 boys and girls due to schedule.

Watch who you talk smack to, there are plenty of people in this area that actually like to be involved and lend a helping hand when they see good people doing good things. People like you turn off people to helping or speaking out. Me, I don't give a rats...

Carry on now, Brazil vs England is coming up along with Hex play today, I'm sure those would be more entertaining than this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 12:25 pm

Androfan wrote:You are funny man, seriously. I didn't start the thread. You are right, my DD doesn't play for them, several of them played up with my DD, so I know them well enough to like and congratulate, as I do nearly every squad in this club. Only two teams I have not had the pleasure of watching play are the 98 boys and girls due to schedule.

Watch who you talk smack to, there are plenty of people in this area that actually like to be involved and lend a helping hand when they see good people doing good things. People like you turn off people to helping or speaking out. Me, I don't give a rats...

Carry on now, Brazil vs England is coming up along with Hex play today, I'm sure those would be more entertaining than this.

This is not a very "Christian" thing to say Crying or Very sad I think you should go to the confessional and ask Coach Juan 1) For Forgiveness and 2) If this is how he'd like for the new "Voice" of the Kicks Nation to handle himself on this forum. My guess is "No". Remember, the Good Book says that you should "Turn the other cheek." cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 12:34 pm

Blah-Blah-Blah wrote:
Androfan wrote:You are funny man, seriously. I didn't start the thread. You are right, my DD doesn't play for them, several of them played up with my DD, so I know them well enough to like and congratulate, as I do nearly every squad in this club. Only two teams I have not had the pleasure of watching play are the 98 boys and girls due to schedule.

This is not a very "Christian" thing to say Crying or Very sad I think you should go to the confessional and ask Coach Juan 1) For Forgiveness and 2) If this is how he'd like for the new "Voice" of the Kicks Nation to handle himself on this forum. My guess is "No". Remember, the Good Book says that you should "Turn the other cheek." cheers

I have no affiliation with Kicks now or ever. But I say go Kicks. Sounds like Kicks is just hitting a nerve to me.

It is either well paid coaches upset about getting beat out by a “parent coach that has never played soccer before” or parents frustrated that they are flushing $ to a club/coach that is getting beat by a “parent coach”. Seems to say a lot more about the coaching and parents on those clubs than anything about Kicks. Certainly makes me question my $ going where they go. Keep it up Kicks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 12:35 pm

First i dont go to the same church as Juan, he knows that and thats ok.

Second, the watch who you talk smack to is not a threat, i dont make them, have no need for it. Read it again, you shouldnt talk smack to those that genuinely care and want to help or simply say Good Job girls. Thats what i said, aim the smack talking at those that need it or want it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 12:48 pm

Istanbul2005 wrote: f***

Not sure what happened here. I posted a reply from my phone congratulating the Kicks and asked what everyone thought about the field size.

Apologies for the wrong impression. Doubt I'll ever use the mobile version again!

Fun tournament to watch. So what about it? That field was way too big for those kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 01:52 pm

I am sure there are plenty of other teams and coaches doing a good job! Some just need to hear it more than others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 02:15 pm

LB8PRNT wrote:Congratulations to the kicks 07 girls for taking 1st place in the winter blast tournament this past weekend. Coach Perrette' girls had a strong show of commitment this weekend. Keeping 5 and 6 year olds enthusiastic and focused can be a challenge alot of times but Perrette appears to have a done a great job with those girls. They look like a strong TEAM top to bottom.

What is the purpose of this first time post?

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 06/02/13, 03:18 pm

I would guess to congratulate a team for their recent success.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DKSC 06/02/13, 03:53 pm

Istanbul2005 wrote:
Istanbul2005 wrote: f***

Not sure what happened here. I posted a reply from my phone congratulating the Kicks and asked what everyone thought about the field size.

Apologies for the wrong impression. Doubt I'll ever use the mobile version again!

Fun tournament to watch. So what about it? That field was way too big for those kids.

The fields were way too big for 07's especially for 6v6. I don't know why coaches and primetime decided to play 6v6 instead of 7v7 on same fields that U7 and U8's used for 7v7.

DKSC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/02/13, 08:30 pm

Without a doubt the final remaining teams had some strong players, but there was very little to no soccer being played. Hopefully the girls had fun and improved their running legs, but it was a matter of a fortuitous bounce and off they run.. 40 yards 1v1 with a tiny GK in a giant goal.

Anyone stop and watch the 5 year old penalty shootout in the semi's?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 08:19 am

totalsoccer wrote:I am sure there are plenty of other teams and coaches doing a good job! Some just need to hear it more than others.

That was my EXACT point!!! Some people look at the results on the field, be that practice or game, and take that as recognition for being a good coach. Others need to have people public acknowledge that "good" job to feel complete. TS...your quote is DEAD ON!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 08:27 am

Blah-Blah-Blah wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:I am sure there are plenty of other teams and coaches doing a good job! Some just need to hear it more than others.

That was my EXACT point!!! Some people look at the results on the field, be that practice or game, and take that as recognition for being a good coach. Others need to have people public acknowledge that "good" job to feel complete. TS...your quote is DEAD ON!!

The knife cuts both ways. Some have the need to cut/put others down constantly to feel better about themselves.

There is very simply a post in every category of the academy ages congratulating a team after tourney wins, for that matter even some of the select ages. As the kids get older We adults get quieter.

will you be posting this negativety in every congratulatory thread that is started from here on out?

You quoted the good book yesterday... remember something your parents probably taught you.. if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. I bet you cant resist the temptation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 09:00 am

I dont think it is a situation of kids getting older and parents becomming quieter. Some clubs feel it is better to do their talking on the field and not on a forum! Good play and positive results will speak for itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/13, 09:24 am

totalsoccer wrote:I dont think it is a situation of kids getting older and parents becomming quieter. Some clubs feel it is better to do their talking on the field and not on a forum! Good play and positive results will speak for itself.

ANDROFAN -- STEP 1) Read the quote by Total Soccer in RED. STEP 2) Have it put on a Banner STEP 3) Hang it up at your practice facility. As for "The Good Book" and me not being able to resist the temptation....What is "Good" is all relative to who's reading, writing, or saying it. Oh by the way, I'd like to congratulate the 98' Sting Girls and the 96' Texan Boys for a great practice last night. I don't have a kid on either of those teams, but what the hay, if it's "NICE" it must be said! (ACCORDING TO MY PARENTS) cheers cheers Nice Quote Total!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gambit 08/02/13, 12:42 pm

Yep wrote:
Blah-Blah-Blah wrote:

I have no affiliation with Kicks now or ever. But I say go Kicks. Sounds like Kicks is just hitting a nerve to me.

It is either well paid coaches upset about getting beat out by a “parent coach that has never played soccer before” or parents frustrated that they are flushing $ to a club/coach that is getting beat by a “parent coach”. Seems to say a lot more about the coaching and parents on those clubs than anything about Kicks. Certainly makes me question my $ going where they go. Keep it up Kicks!

Wow. this post had alot of hits...not knowing any of the backstory other than the post, it looks like this post is dead on. Sounds like alot of haters coming out of from under the cracks on the kicks. In my experience, that tells me that this club must be doing something right. this about sums it up ..."It is either well paid coaches upset about getting beat out by a “parent coach that has never played soccer before” or parents frustrated that they are flushing $ to a club/coach that is getting beat by a “parent coach”. Seems to say a lot more about the coaching and parents on those clubs than anything about Kicks. Certainly makes me question my $ going where they go."

hopefully this doesnt start another debate. this thread is dead. unless some more liverpool overpaid coaches still want to comment.
Gambit
Gambit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/02/13, 06:42 pm

"Unless some more liverpool overpaid coaches still want to comment"

What is the purpose of that statement? Have any Liverpool (overpaid? or the club is healthy and can pay their coaches?) coaches said anything negative about the kicks or any teams for that matter?

Explain yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 10/02/13, 07:58 pm

I think there a lot of good points on this post. Xara is spot on by saying that coaching academy aged players is not rocket science. It is quite possible that some parents are more than capable of coaching academy players, even for the bigger clubs. I have to throw my support behind Andro on this one, I don't believe he started this thread, and I don't believe his DD played at Andromeda. I have watched a couple of Kicks teams, and they appear to be well-coached.

I agree with totalsoccer in that a team's overall good play and ranking usually speak for itself on the field, but sometimes parents (myself included) get a little carried away with offering praise for our little girls - oh that's right - THEY ARE ONLY 5-7 YEARS OLD! Personally, this is my first dip into the competitive soccer arena, and I feel that it is acceptable to offer congrats to two teams that compete their tails off in a tourney final. Whether my DD's team wins or loses, this forum is a good way to publicly recognize their hard work.
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gambit 11/02/13, 01:29 pm

Istanbul2005 wrote:"Unless some more liverpool overpaid coaches still want to comment"

What is the purpose of that statement? Have any Liverpool (overpaid? or the club is healthy and can pay their coaches?) coaches said anything negative about the kicks or any teams for that matter?

Explain yourself.

I told you they will keep coming back. What a joke.
Gambit
Gambit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/02/13, 09:36 am

lurkeruntilnow wrote:
Istanbul2005 wrote:"Unless some more liverpool overpaid coaches still want to comment"

Explain yourself.

The only joke here is your conversation skills. You've done well to support your uneducated statement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gambit 12/02/13, 09:52 am

Istanbul2005 wrote:
lurkeruntilnow wrote:

Explain yourself.

The only joke here is your conversation skills. You've done well to support your uneducated statement.

You have done well to prove that my observation is correct. It appears to be the Liverpool coaches that seem to be the ones that cant seem to let this thread die. I thought this was done days ago. I told you that they keep coming back and here you are....over and over again. Get a life. I've never respected Liverpool coaches based on their character by what I have seen on the girls and boys forum, and what I have seen over the years on the field. I am sure with 50 different coaches on the same club that some would be bad apples. But its my observation that the good apples are the rare ones for Liverpool. But, I guess you could say by all of the failed collegiate and professional careers of most of the coaches, you would expect the coaches to live and die through the accomplishments of the kids.

Maybe the Dallas Kicks do have it right. Maybe normal parent coaches are better to teach kids. At least they dont have the baggage of the coaches lost dreams to carry around with them.

Arguing about this is meaningless. Just do your own thing and stop trying to step your club out of the shadow of FCD. Your right...what you do on the field is the ultimate measure, not how well you can argue on a forum. cheers
Gambit
Gambit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gambit 12/02/13, 09:53 am

I cant wait for the next reply.... "your mama". lol!
Gambit
Gambit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next