North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?" - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?" - Page 2 Empty Re: When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?"

Post by 10sDad 23/05/13, 10:47 am

UEFA wrote:
10sDad wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:Yes, soccer is a physical sport, but there is so much contact in games in NTX games where the player isn't even attempting to play the ball, and the referee either (1) calls nothing, or (2) calls a foul when a card is more than justified.

There are so many lazy coaches in north Texas that spend practice on cell phones or talking to parents, and they they opt for the physical, kick ball style that will win most games as long as the athletes are there.

Fortunately, there are a handful of coaches who do teach the game. Those girls eventually benefit later as the "physical" kids move further and further down to the end of the bench as the talent levels increase.

You don't see a lot of NTX girls on top-20 ranked college rosters in the country. That's why.

Idiot comment.

3 Played on Notre Dame's championship team. Some have recently played on NC, Stanford, etc. You also see plenty on Top 20 teams like Baylor, A&M, Oklahoma State, etc. They are more likely to play regionally,
I agree Unc...and one of those girls (a friend of ours) who played for Stanford, also was a starter on the Mexican National team in the last World Cup in Germany...

That would be GM.. Awesome center back out of Stanford....
Actually, it's Alina...I guess its OK to post her name since she has a wiki...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alina_Garciamendez

10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?" - Page 2 Empty Re: When did "The Beautiful Game" become "Ugly Girls Try to Maim?"

Post by soccerman771 23/05/13, 10:59 am

Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:Yes, soccer is a physical sport, but there is so much contact in games in NTX games where the player isn't even attempting to play the ball, and the referee either (1) calls nothing, or (2) calls a foul when a card is more than justified.

There are so many lazy coaches in north Texas that spend practice on cell phones or talking to parents, and they they opt for the physical, kick ball style that will win most games as long as the athletes are there.

Fortunately, there are a handful of coaches who do teach the game. Those girls eventually benefit later as the "physical" kids move further and further down to the end of the bench as the talent levels increase.

You don't see a lot of NTX girls on top-20 ranked college rosters in the country. That's why.

Idiot comment.

3 Played on Notre Dame's championship team. Some have recently played on NC, Stanford, etc. You also see plenty on Top 20 teams like Baylor, A&M, Oklahoma State, etc. They are more likely to play regionally,

Fair enough. I'll restate it. You don't see this area producing many of the high-profile SKILLED girls players in the country.

There are way too many girls playing in North Texas not to be producing star players on bigtime rosters across the country. They are few and far between.

And I've been told that by NTX coaches and college recruiters alike.

That will hopefully change, and to the point of the thread, proper refereeing would help.

Proper refereeing would help develop players? How?

Comment made in bad form. Do referee calls change games, sure they do. Just like shanked shots and poor passes, but not for a second does that have anything to do with how well a player plays or how skilled they might be or how many go to D1 schools or play on National teams.

soccerman771
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 23/05/13, 11:06 am

soccerman771 wrote:
Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

Fair enough. I'll restate it. You don't see this area producing many of the high-profile SKILLED girls players in the country.

There are way too many girls playing in North Texas not to be producing star players on bigtime rosters across the country. They are few and far between.

That will hopefully change, and to the point of the thread, proper refereeing would help.

Proper refereeing would help develop players? How?

Comment made in bad form. Do referee calls change games, sure they do. Just like shanked shots and poor passes, but not for a second does that have anything to do with how well a player plays or how skilled they might be or how many go to D1 schools or play on National teams.

Absolutely, proper refereeing promotes skilled play, rather than the bloodbath so many NTX games devolve into. It would discourage certain types of coaching, and encourage building teams built more around possession and skill, and less like too much of what we see.

Physicality and strength are great aspects of the game, but it needs context, and referees are supposed to provide that.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 23/05/13, 11:09 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

There are plenty of skilled NTX girls on good rosters if you're not too ignorant to look.

I think I'll rely on the dozens of college coaches and recruiters I've spoken with than some angry fool on the internet.

And yeah, I've looked. The stars around the country aren't from here, bub.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 23/05/13, 11:29 am

Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

There are plenty of skilled NTX girls on good rosters if you're not too ignorant to look.

I think I'll rely on the dozens of college coaches and recruiters I've spoken with than some angry fool on the internet.

jeez...I even gave you a link (above) to one that is a star on the WORLD stage...not just the country...do I need to make it easier for you?
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/05/13, 11:54 am

10sDad - Since you consider AG a personal friend of yours why don't you also go ahead and tell the forum audience why exactly she chose MexNT over the WomensNT? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer 23/05/13, 12:16 pm

kickballrules wrote:10sDad - Since you consider AG a personal friend of yours why don't you also go ahead and tell the forum audience why exactly she chose MexNT over the WomensNT? Smile

This one should be good. Will be interesting to see how many versions of the 'truth' come out.

Old Timer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 23/05/13, 01:00 pm

kickballrules wrote:10sDad - Since you consider AG a personal friend of yours why don't you also go ahead and tell the forum audience why exactly she chose MexNT over the WomensNT? Smile
a) not sure why it matters in the context of this conversation. Of course, unless you mean that Mexico soccer teams are inferior to US soccer teams...? Start a thread stating that, and I am sure it will get ugly.

b) I have not asked her or her family that question - frankly, the thought didn't even cross my mind until you brought it up. Admittedly, we haven't spent much time together as families since my BB and her little brother were teammates. Perhaps I will ask next time we get together, and confront them with your question, as that apparently is my duty now. I will report back to you when I have the answer...please hold your breath until then.

c) Alina is a sweet, wonderful person - I wish nothing but the best for her, and I am sure she had her reasons for her personal decision. Frankly, its not really my business, but I will continue to be a fan no matter what. Even if she plays for the "enemy".. Very Happy
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 23/05/13, 01:06 pm

Old Timer wrote:

This one should be good. Will be interesting to see how many versions of the 'truth' come out.

Seems pretty clear to me...

She played for the United States Under-16 team, but after she tore her ACL, she never got a whiff again from U.S. Soccer.
"We e-mailed the manager to see if he could come look at me in a tournament," she said. "They didn't want anything to do with me."

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 23/05/13, 03:35 pm

Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

Hey Bub. I think Chioma Ubogagu showed pretty well in the U20 World Cup. Abby Smith will soon be a call up at keeper. Another girl was the starting DM as a freshman for Notre Dame, just to name a few. Not to mention Alina. There are plenty more that I could mention but obviously, your narrow mind knows better. And believe me, I have spoken with way more college coaches than you have.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 24/05/13, 06:26 am

Area girls do seem to be under represented on the various age group national teams though.

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 24/05/13, 03:15 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

Hey Bub. I think Chioma Ubogagu showed pretty well in the U20 World Cup. Abby Smith will soon be a call up at keeper. Another girl was the starting DM as a freshman for Notre Dame, just to name a few. Not to mention Alina. There are plenty more that I could mention but obviously, your narrow mind knows better. And believe me, I have spoken with way more college coaches than you have.

That is a pittance - and an unimpressive one at that - compared to the sea of girls in every age group across North Texas that play.

We should be churning them out, not happening upon one now and again.

And yes, the style of play here has a TON to do with it. Period. They're not taught properly with the exception of a few coaches, and too much emphasis is put on winning by parents and coaches alike.

I've heard this from numerous recruiters and college coaches.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 24/05/13, 05:26 pm

Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:
Erod wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:

Idiot comment.

That is a pittance - and an unimpressive one at that - compared to the sea of girls in every age group across North Texas that play.

We should be churning them out, not happening upon one now and again.

And yes, the style of play here has a TON to do with it. Period. They're not taught properly with the exception of a few coaches, and too much emphasis is put on winning by parents and coaches alike.

I've heard this from numerous recruiters and college coaches.

Sad Sad and true

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 24/05/13, 08:46 pm

totally agree with the above two comments. For the number of players/teams in the area we should be putting way more players at top colleges and on national teams...the parents are out of control, the clubs are in it for the $$, the coaches are scared of getting fired if they don't win enough, there are way too many b/s 'tournaments'....just another way to ruin your families weekend to 'win' a $3.00 trophy while again enriching the clubs...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 25/05/13, 11:08 pm

The "Beautiful Game" is your kid cartwheeling another kid into the stands.

It all changes to "Ugly girls trying to maim" when your kid is the victim of any incidental contact whatsoever.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 25/05/13, 11:27 pm

Erod: You post in the 98 and 03 forums and obviously have kids in LHGCL. What college coaches would you be talking to? Please name some names. I have a 95 dd and have talked to many more than you. The style of play in NTX has never come up in any conversation I have had.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2