North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Solar coup? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Solar coup?

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Solar coup? - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar coup?

Post by Lakedad 21/06/13, 01:47 pm

jm23jm wrote:
Lobo_Momma wrote:Seriously - who are "Kicks"?
 Just  a small independent 01 team that grew into a small club. We are not big at all. .  Best of luck to Pulp and his teams in regionals.

Diaz is definitely doing good things with the 05's. Growing the brand.

Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmon_Man 21/06/13, 01:51 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:@realdecoy if you believe that having played professionaly is the auto qualifier for good coaching then you are even more clueless than ive been told.  based on your qualifier explain why LP has basically exactly the same number of quality teams with proven track records as a club a fraction of the size of LP??  

i would love to hear that explanation.
I am looking forward to this one as well.

But let's not get too derailed away from the real story here.  Where are the LP homers telling us that this is totally bogus and would never happen?
Nope this explains a grat deal about LP hiring criteria.

I think I saw a job posting the other day that read like this..... .LP is seeking qualified coaches in all age groups.  Applicants must have played professionally.  Prior experience with coaching and with youth a plus, but not required.   Actually getting playing time or being good on the professional level a plus, but not required.  Good youth coaches without professional playing experience need not apply.
Cmon_Man
Cmon_Man
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 21/06/13, 02:18 pm

I honestly have no idea if the rumor is true or not. Personally I've heard this rumor for months, at least the part about Solar trying to get LP coaches to bring their teams over etc... It really doesn't seem like that's been happening. Most of the time when a team leaves it's done fairly quickly and everyone knows. So the fact that there seems to be no smoke, I'm going to have to guess that this is all just someone wanting to mess with LP. Who knows, maybe when they get back from Regionals they make the move, stranger things have happened.

As far as what makes a great coach, everyone knows the only thing that matters is a foreign accent, geez what's wrong with you folks.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Catch5 21/06/13, 02:21 pm

Wink. Smile.
Catch5
Catch5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/06/13, 02:44 pm

"As far as what makes a great coach, everyone knows the only thing that matters is a foreign accent, geez what's wrong with you folks."

Blimey mate, that is bang on, but you've just blown the gaff. Blimey O'Reilly this is good stuff.

Ta-ra
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 21/06/13, 03:09 pm

No, No, No. The real story is that Grubbs, Pulp, and Solca are ALL moving to TFC to create a "screw-you ECNL" super-team. And everything you read on the internet is absolutely true.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/13, 03:26 pm

Reality check wrote:Wow!  That would be great move for pulp, his families and Solar.

Yes! Go to a club where boys teams are the focus! Great for the DD's that! My BB plays on a Solar team.

Back to top Go down

Post by 007shaken 21/06/13, 03:27 pm

imasoccerfreak wrote:No, No, No. The real story is that Grubbs, Pulp, and Solca are ALL moving to TFC to create a "screw-you ECNL" super-team. And everything you read on the internet is absolutely true.

What, no Kicks coach?
007shaken
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/13, 03:48 pm

If this deal is going to happen, We only have about a week to wait! I feel this would be a major solar move to becomming an elite women's club in Dallas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/13, 04:43 pm

Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:@realdecoy if you believe that having played professionaly is the auto qualifier for good coaching then you are even more clueless than ive been told.  based on your qualifier explain why LP has basically exactly the same number of quality teams with proven track records as a club a fraction of the size of LP??  

i would love to hear that explanation.
 "more clueless than i've been told."

Get real.  I'm not taking the bait and stooping to your level. 

No idea what you're talking about with what you'd like for me to explain.  Surely you aren't talking about Kicks.

Didn't say it's the auto qualifier, but people having gone through extensive training first hand and experiencing top level play > parent coaches who've watched the game from the couch.

If only other industries scoffed at former upper executive management or directors when pitching an idea or interviewing for a job vs interns or aspiring college students.

Last edited by The Real Decoy on 21/06/13, 05:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/13, 04:51 pm

bigtex wrote:
The Real Decoy wrote:
Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:the most in demand coaches are at LP!  now thats some funny crap right there.

I think there are more Liverpool coaches who played professionally than there are total Kicks coaches..

So once getting paid to play the sport means good/demanded youth  coach?

Strange how in Europe, the forefront of the game, nearly all of the Academy coaches for professional clubs are all former players and/or players that went through the Academy system in Europe themselves for over a decade.   Now why is that?  How can one teach technique, high level tactics or other variables without experiencing it first-hand?  Just like TV analysts, they can only know so much having not been in the middle of it.

Some of the greatest coaches of all time across all sports weren't the best players, it is true.  That doesn't mean people with zero playing experience are better candidates than ex-players, which it seems is what you and Androfan are trying to say.  Those coaches still played and were involved to some extent at the highest level.  I agree that many former players, even top players, are terrible coaches, but to oppose my well supported opinion is borderline ignorance.  And, to say playing professionally is somehow a blemish for coaching staff(s) is mind boggling.  Young players are fortunate to have such experience at their disposal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/13, 06:14 pm

The Real Decoy wrote:
bigtex wrote:
The Real Decoy wrote:
Androfan aka Kicksfan wrote:the most in demand coaches are at LP!  now thats some funny crap right there.

I think there are more Liverpool coaches who played professionally than there are total Kicks coaches..

So once getting paid to play the sport means good/demanded youth  coach?

Strange how in Europe, the forefront of the game, nearly all of the Academy coaches for professional clubs are all former players and/or players that went through the Academy system in Europe themselves for over a decade.   Now why is that?  How can one teach technique, high level tactics or other variables without experiencing it first-hand?  Just like TV analysts, they can only know so much having not been in the middle of it.

Some of the greatest coaches of all time across all sports weren't the best players, it is true.  That doesn't mean people with zero playing experience are better candidates than ex-players, which it seems is what you and Androfan are trying to say.  Those coaches still played and were involved to some extent at the highest level.  I agree that many former players, even top players, are terrible coaches, but to oppose my well supported opinion is borderline ignorance.  And, to say playing professionally is somehow a blemish for coaching staff(s) is mind boggling.  Young players are fortunate to have such experience at their disposal.
You will have to tell me why a question clarifying your statement is either cutting and/or ignorant. 

To remind you the subject was about LP coaches being in demand  (i.e. good coaches), your response was LP has more coaches that were once professional players than Kicks entire staff.  To be blunt your original post on this subject was meant to be cutting to Kicks and was also an ignorant statement (without further clarity).  You also expose your ignorance when your view is either the coach has to be a professional player or “parent/ coaches that watch the game from the couch”. 

I never once said that having professional experience was not of importance, nor do I think anyone else did either.  But your statement implied that that was the only or at least main criteria.  I have seen great coaches and horrible coaches that were once professional players.   Give me a qualified coach that understands and connects with DDs and can translate his/her knowledge to them on the pitch.  A coach that can communicate with the DDs and parents alike and for me those both far outweighs any professional experience that may be lacking. 

Also, your comparison to executive management is almost laughable.  Being a great sales person, Director or VP does not necessarily translate to a great developer of staff.  Being a 4.0 student does not equal a great teacher and being a professional soccer player does not equal a great coach.  There is a lot more to being a great youth coach than having an understanding of the game (even at a professional level).

I would think that after some of your team’s results against these non-pro playing experiences coaches (Kicks) and actually seeing how well these dds are being developed you would realize that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/13, 07:40 pm

you mean when LP R beat them 3 to 1 (and they were lucky it wasn't 10 to 1), and then 24 hours later they laid an egg and lost 1-0 in the final? not to mention it was one of two experimental tournaments for tryout players and guest players. But I'm not surprised all you noticed was the score line. And, this Liverpool team you're talking about is barely the 4th best Liverpool team in the age group who practices right next to the #1 & #2 team in the age group (Liverpool teams) in an extremely saturated area yet still managed to crack the top 26 as a frisco rec team 18 months ago, coached by a "clueless" young buck.

Thats the only 04 kicks team, also in an area with an uncontested player pool.

Facts are tough to dispute.

Nor did I play professionally so im not sure your novel was worth the time. 
you must have also missed the Rudy chant going on after that game

stop contributing to what makes NTexas soccer have a negative reputation. coaches put so much time in for all of their players and their reward is this sort of playground nonsense. 

my original statement was in response (and nothing more or less than factual) to a person who continuously bashes Liverpool and their coaching staff. Time to grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/13, 09:22 pm

The Real Decoy wrote:you mean when LP R beat them 3 to 1 (and they were lucky it wasn't 10 to 1), and then 24 hours later they laid an egg and lost 1-0 in the final? not to mention it was one of two experimental tournaments for tryout players and guest players. But I'm not surprised all you noticed was the score line. And, this Liverpool team you're talking about is barely the 4th best Liverpool team in the age group who practices right next to the #1 & #2 team in the age group (Liverpool teams) in an extremely saturated area yet still managed to crack the top 26 as a frisco rec team 18 months ago, coached by a "clueless" young buck.

Thats the only 04 kicks team, also in an area with an uncontested player pool.

Facts are tough to dispute.

Nor did I play professionally so im not sure your novel was worth the time. 
you must have also missed the Rudy chant going on after that game

stop contributing to what makes NTexas soccer have a negative reputation. coaches put so much time in for all of their players and their reward is this sort of playground nonsense

my original statement was in response (and nothing more or less than factual) to a person who continuously bashes Liverpool and their coaching staff. Time to grow up

Your response was meant to bash Kicks period and sense you are a coach representing LP on a public forum seems to lack professionalism to me. So I tried to get you to clarify your comment. So not sure if your “time to grow up” is directed at me, Andro or just an individual commitment/observation. 

With 240 posts on these boards since the beginning of the year there are few that are as experienced with posting playground nonsense as you , so I will gladly defer. 

So by all means carry-on.   I will certainly avoid asking you clarifing questions in the future....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/06/13, 11:15 pm

FACT: Pulp is leaving L'Pool and going to Solar! Good move for CP...

There seems to be a lot of good coaches leaving there lately.

Not walking alone but the posse seems eerily smaller. :-)

Back to top Go down

Solar coup? - Page 2 Empty Yes I love the argument that states your have to have played professionally.

Post by DDsdadforsoccer 22/06/13, 06:39 am

Great article on the subject.  It presents the question of Ex-Player manager vs School Teacher Manager.

Jose Mourhino (school Teacher) Rijkaard (Ex-Player)

There are many more examples.  The thing is I think the desire is to find someone, ( player or not) who connects with my child and can teach my child to play the game.  Big club little club doesn't matter.  Pro or not doesn't matter.  If my kid is getting better that's all that really maters.  If my kid is having fun and learning to play the game properly now we are talking.

Great quote from the article "The typical manager in England had left school at 16 to become a player. He had almost no education, and, so, in order to protect his job, he had to argue that education was of no use in understanding soccer."

I wonder if some of that is what is happening here in North Texas with the continuous disparaging remarks about "Dad Coaches" as though being a Dad and caring about kids disqualifies you as a coach.  Just wondering out loud.  Please don't get upset just following the train of thought and putting my two cents in. 

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fanatic/do-ex-players-make-worse-coaches.html

DDsdadforsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnJohn 22/06/13, 07:29 am

As of this morning Pulp is still at LP...
JohnJohn
JohnJohn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoppy Poppy 22/06/13, 07:47 am

JohnJohn wrote:As of this morning Pulp is still at LP...

Says who?

Hoppy Poppy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnJohn 22/06/13, 07:49 am

LP...

Note: "as of this morning."
JohnJohn
JohnJohn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoppy Poppy 22/06/13, 07:55 am

Never walk alone.....

Hoppy Poppy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/06/13, 09:04 am

If the rumor is true or not, CP has earned the right to go where ever he dam well pleases. He should not be criticized for exploring the opportunity to coach at the highest level as one of the best women's coaches in the city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/06/13, 09:59 am

UEFA wrote:If the rumor is true or not, CP has earned the right to go where ever he dam well pleases. He should not be criticized for exploring the opportunity to coach at the highest level as one of the best women's coaches in the city.

Translation: if CP goes to Solar  I'm hightailing it out of Sting and headed to Solar.

Can't say I'd blame you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatback4 22/06/13, 11:36 am

rumor

Last edited by Flatback4 on 26/06/13, 07:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rumor)

Flatback4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 22/06/13, 12:24 pm

Flatback4 wrote:It is true CP to Solar although he also had an offer from Texans.

The 2 top 00 teams now at the same club - and only one ECNL roster.  This could have a ripple effect on all the newly forming 00 ECNL teams if true.   

1) Who coaches the ECNL team - Pulp or Solca?  
2) Where do the Solca or Pulp girls who don't make the Solar ECNL team go? 
3) How many girls (who thought they had a spot on their club's ECNL team) will get bumped off Sting, Texans, FCD or Feet by the Solca or Pulp girls who don't make Solar's ECNL team?

Could get very interesting . . . if true.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatback4 22/06/13, 05:58 pm

One item to consider, the LP 00 team and the top Solar Red 00 team each have 15 players.  The ECNL roster size is limited to 30 players so theoretically all players from both teams could be on the ECNL roster.  If that happened the other 00 teams would not benefit.

Flatback4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 007shaken 22/06/13, 06:09 pm

Flatback4 wrote:One item to consider, the LP 00 team and the top Solar Red 00 team each have 15 players.  The ECNL roster size is limited to 30 players so theoretically all players from both teams could be on the ECNL roster.  If that happened the other 00 teams would not benefit.

I'd love to hear the sales pitch for me to put my kid on a 30-person roster at U14.
007shaken
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next