North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Solar coup? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Solar coup?

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Solar coup? - Page 3 Empty Yes I love the argument that states your have to have played professionally.

Post by DDsdadforsoccer 22/06/13, 06:39 am

Great article on the subject.  It presents the question of Ex-Player manager vs School Teacher Manager.

Jose Mourhino (school Teacher) Rijkaard (Ex-Player)

There are many more examples.  The thing is I think the desire is to find someone, ( player or not) who connects with my child and can teach my child to play the game.  Big club little club doesn't matter.  Pro or not doesn't matter.  If my kid is getting better that's all that really maters.  If my kid is having fun and learning to play the game properly now we are talking.

Great quote from the article "The typical manager in England had left school at 16 to become a player. He had almost no education, and, so, in order to protect his job, he had to argue that education was of no use in understanding soccer."

I wonder if some of that is what is happening here in North Texas with the continuous disparaging remarks about "Dad Coaches" as though being a Dad and caring about kids disqualifies you as a coach.  Just wondering out loud.  Please don't get upset just following the train of thought and putting my two cents in. 

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fanatic/do-ex-players-make-worse-coaches.html

DDsdadforsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Solar coup? - Page 3 Empty Re: Solar coup?

Post by JohnJohn 22/06/13, 07:29 am

As of this morning Pulp is still at LP...
JohnJohn
JohnJohn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoppy Poppy 22/06/13, 07:47 am

JohnJohn wrote:As of this morning Pulp is still at LP...

Says who?

Hoppy Poppy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnJohn 22/06/13, 07:49 am

LP...

Note: "as of this morning."
JohnJohn
JohnJohn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoppy Poppy 22/06/13, 07:55 am

Never walk alone.....

Hoppy Poppy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/06/13, 09:04 am

If the rumor is true or not, CP has earned the right to go where ever he dam well pleases. He should not be criticized for exploring the opportunity to coach at the highest level as one of the best women's coaches in the city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/06/13, 09:59 am

UEFA wrote:If the rumor is true or not, CP has earned the right to go where ever he dam well pleases. He should not be criticized for exploring the opportunity to coach at the highest level as one of the best women's coaches in the city.

Translation: if CP goes to Solar  I'm hightailing it out of Sting and headed to Solar.

Can't say I'd blame you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatback4 22/06/13, 11:36 am

rumor

Last edited by Flatback4 on 26/06/13, 07:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rumor)

Flatback4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LHD 22/06/13, 12:24 pm

Flatback4 wrote:It is true CP to Solar although he also had an offer from Texans.

The 2 top 00 teams now at the same club - and only one ECNL roster.  This could have a ripple effect on all the newly forming 00 ECNL teams if true.   

1) Who coaches the ECNL team - Pulp or Solca?  
2) Where do the Solca or Pulp girls who don't make the Solar ECNL team go? 
3) How many girls (who thought they had a spot on their club's ECNL team) will get bumped off Sting, Texans, FCD or Feet by the Solca or Pulp girls who don't make Solar's ECNL team?

Could get very interesting . . . if true.

LHD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatback4 22/06/13, 05:58 pm

One item to consider, the LP 00 team and the top Solar Red 00 team each have 15 players.  The ECNL roster size is limited to 30 players so theoretically all players from both teams could be on the ECNL roster.  If that happened the other 00 teams would not benefit.

Flatback4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 007shaken 22/06/13, 06:09 pm

Flatback4 wrote:One item to consider, the LP 00 team and the top Solar Red 00 team each have 15 players.  The ECNL roster size is limited to 30 players so theoretically all players from both teams could be on the ECNL roster.  If that happened the other 00 teams would not benefit.

I'd love to hear the sales pitch for me to put my kid on a 30-person roster at U14.
007shaken
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Antipelagian 22/06/13, 06:20 pm

Last edited by Antipelagian on 23/06/13, 08:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Antipelagian
Antipelagian
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Dante's 6th Concentric Circle of Hell drinking brown liquor from a dirty glass with a signifying monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 22/06/13, 06:34 pm

Antipelagian wrote:Liverpool is doing very well at Region 3 tournament....just saying

They still have that?
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 22/06/13, 09:04 pm

LHD wrote:
Flatback4 wrote:It is true CP to Solar although he also had an offer from Texans.

The 2 top 00 teams now at the same club - and only one ECNL roster.  This could have a ripple effect on all the newly forming 00 ECNL teams if true.   

3) How many girls (who thought they had a spot on their club's ECNL team) will get bumped off Sting, Texans, FCD or Feet by the Solca or Pulp girls who don't make Solar's ECNL team?

1.  Solca
2.  The Pulp girls that don't make the ECNL roster....the Pulp girls that were interested in ECNL had already made commitments to ECNL teams before Pulp's team left for Regionals (1- Texans, 1- Solar, 1- Feet).  There are two more sure fire ECNL players on the roster (CM, Keeper) who were indifferent about ECNL and now have the option to dual roster if they so choose....I think they will choose!
3.  None, IMO Solar ECNL will have room for the two players mentioned above and it won't impact any of the other ECNL squads unless a stud from Solar or one of the two aforementioned Pulp girls decides to leave because they feel misled. If it is not a stud leaving then I don't think that player will get on another ECNL team at this juncture.  Texans, Sting, Feet are at 20ish players already.  I don't think those coaches would add to those numbers or swap out a player unless it is for a stud.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 23/06/13, 12:41 am

outonthelimb wrote:
LHD wrote:

1.  Solca
2.  The Pulp girls that don't make the ECNL roster....the Pulp girls that were interested in ECNL had already made commitments to ECNL teams before Pulp's team left for Regionals (1- Texans, 1- Solar, 1- Feet).  There are two more sure fire ECNL players on the roster (CM, Keeper) who were indifferent about ECNL and now have the option to dual roster if they so choose....I think they will choose!
3.  None, IMO Solar ECNL will have room for the two players mentioned above and it won't impact any of the other ECNL squads unless a stud from Solar or one of the two aforementioned Pulp girls decides to leave because they feel misled. If it is not a stud leaving then I don't think that player will get on another ECNL team at this juncture.  Texans, Sting, Feet are at 20ish players already.  I don't think those coaches would add to those numbers or swap out a player unless it is for a stud.
If those three were wanted they wouldn't have left....affraidaffraidaffraid Try another sport  like: BasketballBasketballBasketballBasketball

ECNL roster is still quite large for dual rostering....most play up and still play LHGCL.  Only 3 can play down, if not dual rostered.

Solca takes ECNL, DM and CP still have very strong rosters for Fall and beyond. 2 teams in LHGCL, and they still battle for LHGCL supremacy. 

Status Quo on who thought ECNL and who thought LHGCL....nothing changes except for a couple Pulp girls who make the ECNL roster, or a few who make the dual roster list....

Bottom line - Solar has a huge pool of 98s and 00s that own their age group....win-win for everybody!

Nice to see you back 'outonthelimb'....

Must have not been a 'good' offer from Texans.....affraidaffraidaffraidaffraidQuestionQuestionQuestionQuestionaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraid
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bkbates 23/06/13, 09:58 am

"If those three were wanted they wouldn't have left.... Try another sport."

This is pure genius. You obviously know everything about everything. What I terribly enjoy right now is how easy it is to spew more crap on the forum about this instead of watching actual meaningful games. Oh wait, some of us ARE actually still playing real games. Enjoy your off-season. I'm sure its been long and very meaningful.

And yes, my daughter is one that made that tough decision. If you want to actually know the real truth on why, look me up. I'm not hard to find.

bkbates
bkbates
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/06/13, 11:02 am

"Bottom line - Solar has a huge pool of 98s and 00s that own their age group....win-win for everybody!"

I want to comment on the above statement that was made.  In sports & life, until a game / event happens most people choose sides based on their vested interest.  Point is if my dd was on Solar 00, i would feel they own the age group.  However, I do not agree Solar owns the 00 age group in part b/c my dd is not on either team, by choice, and in part b/c I think Texans, Sting, & Defeeters have also improved significantly.  Sting merged 5 teams, Texans are a completedly different team and now arearguably one if not the most athletic teams in Dallas ECNL, DeFeeters picked up a top ranked player in the country amongst others. I am not up to speed on FCD, but I am sure they have improved as well.

Net, from an 00 lense, here are undisputed ECNL facts:
1) SR will be very good!
2) SR & Sting will have a deep pool of players.
3) ECNL will be a battle.  
4) I think all teams will be good with a 1-2 end up being very good.
5) ECNL level of competition & play will be very good.
6) Congrats to Pulp for getting his players ECNL access.  Chris & Stacy are class acts!

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 23/06/13, 01:01 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:
LHD wrote:

1.  Solca
If those three were wanted they wouldn't have left....affraidaffraidaffraid Try another sport  like: BasketballBasketballBasketballBasketball

ECNL roster is still quite large for dual rostering....most play up and still play LHGCL.  Only 3 can play down, if not dual rostered.

Solca takes ECNL, DM and CP still have very strong rosters for Fall and beyond. 2 teams in LHGCL, and they still battle for LHGCL supremacy. 

Status Quo on who thought ECNL and who thought LHGCL....nothing changes except for a couple Pulp girls who make the ECNL roster, or a few who make the dual roster list....

Bottom line - Solar has a huge pool of 98s and 00s that own their age group....win-win for everybody!

Nice to see you back 'outonthelimb'....

Must have not been a 'good' offer from Texans.....affraidaffraidaffraidaffraidQuestionQuestionQuestionQuestionaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraidaffraid
I mostly ignored you in the '03 world because of your utter lack of knowledge on what really goes on in the age group and here you go again with statements that are beyond laughable.  

This statement "If those three were wanted they wouldn't have left...."  is well.....read-on.  

Player 1 of 3 is the highest regarded '00 player in NTX.  It's not just my opinion...she is the only '00 ranked in the SoccerAmerica top 150 in the nation.  Click their website and you'll find her there in the class of 2017.  So maybe Pulp didn't want her (tongue in cheek) but Solar, Texans, Feet, Sting and FCD ECNL darn sure did.  GREAT steal by FEET!

Player 2 of 3 above "so say people I trust very much" is the engine of Pulp's team at the attacking-Mid position.  She is probably the highest regarded 2000 calendar year born player in the '00 soccer age group.  The USSF is drooling over her performances and promoted her from '00 to '99 training.  She'll be playing along side the much heralded Texan ECNL Holding-Mid next year.  Welcome Bk...that midfield will be frightening. 

Player 3 of 3 is one of the top 3-4 athletes in the NTX '00 soccer world and a multi-position threat.  When Pulp needs a goal she always gets the nod to move from CB to FWD to apply pressure.  Again...Pulp may not have wanted her (tongue in cheek) but I guarantee you Sting, Texans, Feet, FCD were in pursuit of her services. Congratulations to Solar ECNL for winning that sweepstakes.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 23/06/13, 08:42 pm

Who gets the Liverpool '98 bye?  The next team is a Plano D1 team.  Surely they won't move that team straight from Plano to D1??  Or do they lose that bye just like when teams leave D1 for ECNL at U14?

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 23/06/13, 10:34 pm

If the whole team were to move, the bye, I think, would go with them. (Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.)
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 23/06/13, 10:52 pm

Actually, I think the rule you are trying to cite is the 75% rule.  That is when a team playing in LHGCL leaves one club and joins another.  In that case, at least 75% of the roster must be the same in order for the bye to follow the team and not stay with the club.  Those girls will still be playing with each other in LHGCL with that new club. But in the case of the Elite '98 team, they are not moving.  They are leaving LHGCL altogether since ECNL is not associated with LHGCL nor NTX.  Most (if not all) of those girls will not be on any LHGCL roster.

So it seems to me that either one of two possibilities exist.  That 1) Liverpool will keep the bye.  Which is usually the case when a team switches but cannot retain 75%.  Or 2) that nobody gets the bye.  In this case, the team would vanish and everybody below would slide up a position.  Such is the case when the top teams of the 5 "big" clubs leave LHGCL and join ECNL at U14.  Those 5 clubs don't get to keep their D1 bye's in that case.

So if #1 applies here, then a D1 Plano team would move into LHGCL D1.  That is a huge jump and would not serve neither those girls nor the league well.  That's why I'm wondering if #2 would apply here.  However, I don't know for sure, which is why I'm asking.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by barredor 24/06/13, 09:24 am

aTmAg,

Do you know first hand that the entire '98 LP Elite team is going to be the new Solar ECNL team or are you just speculating.  My understanding is that CP is bringhing his team and staying in LH but will dual roster some of his players.  I do not see how Solar would allow 17 girls who have committed to the Solar ECNL team for next year already be pushed out the door.  Plus while the LP Elite team is a great team with great players not everyone on that roster is better than every girl on the Solar ECNL roster.  Plus I am not 100% sure all the LP Elite girls want to go ECNL.  If they did I would have bet they would have already left.

barredor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 24/06/13, 10:07 am

I don't know anybody involved in any way.  So it is all speculating.  The reason I assume that is that if it really was a few girls here and there on that team who wanted to try ECNL, then they could have done so while still playing for Liverpool Elite.  ECNL is not associated with North Texas in any way.  So a player can play for Liverpool Elite at LHGCL at the same time playing for one of the ECNL teams.  It is no different than a Liverpool Elite player playing with a friend on their indoor team.  So one Liverpool girl could play ECNL for Sting, another for the Texans, etc.  (The cost of that could be pretty damned high though. Unless the LP team doesn't travel much)

So it seems to me that one big reason for Elite may want to leave as a team would be to stay together as a team.  So then the coach would contact ECNL clubs and ask them which is more likely to keep the team together.  Perhaps Solar said they would.  Another possibility is that they didn't think they were getting enough college looks at Liverpool.  But I find that sorta hard to believe.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 24/06/13, 11:33 am

aTmAg wrote:....Another possibility is that they didn't think they were getting enough college looks at Liverpool.  But I find that sorta hard to believe.

Why? Where would they see LP play? Coaches don't come to LHGCL games and if they are playing at a showcase, chances are the coaches there are watching the ECNL games. The landscape has changed. Like it or not, the only place to really be seen is the ECNL.

I am glad this coach cares enough about his kids to look out for their best interests. I hope it works out for him.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by aTmAg 24/06/13, 11:42 am

The players interested in ECNL can simply dual roster with one of the existing ECNL teams then.  They will still be seen by colleges.

aTmAg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 24/06/13, 12:06 pm

aTmAg wrote:The players interested in ECNL can simply dual roster with one of the existing ECNL teams then.  They will still be seen by colleges.

Do you understand what ECNL is? Teams play a league schedule of about 30 games. Interspersed with those games are the college showcases. How can a girl simply show up at those showcases and expect to play and be seen? I doubt there are many coaches or teams that would welcome a kid coming in and playing significant amounts without dedicating themselves to that team. In theory, it's fine. In reality, no way.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next