North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Newly Formed Solar Chelsea '03G  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Newly Formed Solar Chelsea '03G

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Newly Formed Solar Chelsea '03G  - Page 3 Empty Re: Newly Formed Solar Chelsea '03G

Post by patricklikesu 28/06/13, 11:10 am

herradura wrote:
silentparent wrote:
patricklikesu wrote:
silentparent wrote:
patricklikesu wrote:
GrandTXSoccer wrote:Well if they were hoping to lure LP talent over there they might have tried grabbing a different coach. Most of the parents I've talked to didn't even know who CP was so for them it was pretty much a non-starter for them.

It will be interesting to see if this team makes or if CP ends up trying to start a 04 team and build it up to take select. It's just so stinking late in the game to try to start a team essentially from scratch. IF they would have had CP 6 months ago when Solar B team was formed and if they kept it as roster pure as possible (didn't bring top girls off the A team to win games) then I'd say this team would easily be a D1 team. As it is now it's going to be difficult, it can be done but it will be difficult.

I can guarantee you that the top talent at LP that would have a shot at playing on SRSA knows who CP is.

I smell a Saturday Solar practice coming on, can you smell it?

Lol, too little too late. No one from rase, rush or keegan is going to jump ship for a ghost team 3days before signing....

But I bet they would jump to SRSA if they had an opportunity. This 03 team is a fabrication, just another DM last minute recruiting tool using CP's name, if it did make it would be extra $$ for CP but that is it. If CP coaches an 03 team, they will hand him SRSA.

the problem is your kid must beat someone out on srsa and that's not an easy chore.....

I hear a Keegan girl made it through (at least to this point)...

There starting GK walking I guess freed up another "role player" spot.

patricklikesu
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Newly Formed Solar Chelsea '03G  - Page 3 Empty Re: Newly Formed Solar Chelsea '03G

Post by GrandTXSoccer 28/06/13, 12:16 pm

Once again, folks on here can't read. I said most parents don't know who CP is, I have no doubt that there are 03 LP parents who know who CP is, however just look back over the past few years as these kids have been coming up. He's never coached in the 03 group, his best teams are 3 and 5 years older and they weren't teams that he brought through the LP academy program. So most folks I've talked to that have kids on 03 teams (whether LP, Sting, Texans, Defeaters, or Ind) don't know who CP is and him starting a team doesn't move the needle one way or another.

Doesn't mean he's not a great coach, because in my estimation he is a really good coach and a good guy, but the majority of the folks never read this board and that's good for them. So if you don't read this board you probably have no clue who is CP.

I'll be curious to see what happens on Monday. I'd guess that 95% of the top tier talent signs with the team they've played with for the past 3 months. That other 5% is floating for a reason and most of the time it has nothing to do with the player but more to do with the insane parents who think their DD is the next Alex Morgan and has jumped from team to team over the past 3 years leaving a wake of destruction behind them. So once signing day comes along they are limited in their options because most of the more established teams don't need a headache. However they are so blinded to reality they think it's because everyone else has a problem. Oh how I love crazy soccer parents.

To me the only question marks at this point is what SRSA's final roster looks like only because there's been so many rumors about what that lineup will look like. Will they be the overwhelming favorite as the top team in the age group or will the come back to the pack if there are defections to the 02 age group.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BallStryker 28/06/13, 01:58 pm

And to think Alex Morgan didn't start playing Club team soccer until she was 14 years old. Probably shows how smart her parents were.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Morgan

BallStryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 28/06/13, 02:09 pm

BallStryker wrote:And to think Alex Morgan didn't start playing Club team soccer until she was 14 years old. Probably shows how smart her parents were.

Impossible! Everybody knows if you're not on a top team by U9, you have no chance!

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/13, 03:13 pm

Gunner9 wrote:
BallStryker wrote:And to think Alex Morgan didn't start playing Club team soccer until she was 14 years old. Probably shows how smart her parents were.

Impossible!  Everybody knows if you're not on a top team by U9, you have no chance!

Actually, I have heard it is the reverse.  If your kid plays academy from an early age that is a clear sign she is no good and the real true players are all in rec until they are older.  Plus, if your kid is a standout star when she is younger that  undoubtedly means she will be bad when she gets older. 

So, all the little Mia's at 03 and 04 will not be able to walk and chew gum when they are U15.  The true stars are still playing with the Lady Bugs and Grasshoppers at the Saturday Rec leagues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/06/13, 03:22 pm

RunsLikeWind wrote:
Gunner9 wrote:

Impossible!  Everybody knows if you're not on a top team by U9, you have no chance!

Actually, I have heard it is the reverse.  If your kid plays academy from an early age that is a clear sign she is no good and the real true players are all in rec until they are older.  Plus, if your kid is a standout star when she is younger that  undoubtedly means she will be bad when she gets older. 

So, all the little Mia's at 03 and 04 will not be able to walk and chew gum when they are U15.  The true stars are still playing with the Lady Bugs and Grasshoppers at the Saturday Rec leagues.

cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Please 28/06/13, 06:32 pm

Sniff, sniff...... Do you smell that? Is that Solar desperation or perspiration? I can see it now, ReddFoxxRocks sitting in his pretty Lexus going down 114 in Southlake and saying, damn..... That didn't work out the way I planned, now how am I going to explain this to the parents?

Oh Reddfox, you were all mouthy just like the tv character, then you are gone. We will all look back after next week and say to ourselves.... You big dummy!!

Enjoy your weekend everyone. I know I will. My team is stable, my DD is stable, my coach doesn't take sh*t from anyone and our roster is set. Can you say that Solar Chelsea parents?

Derek Please
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Canseco's Guns 29/06/13, 01:12 am

I have no clue whether this team will "make". I just know, if DM and CP deemed my DD worthy of a call, I'm choosing their track record over any previous commitment with the coach who dreams of being as successful as DM and CP.

Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to keep a player from leaving their current team.

Let my people go...
Canseco's Guns
Canseco's Guns
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 29/06/13, 07:00 am

I wouldn't use Alex morgan as a reference point. The soccer landscape was completely different when she was 11 yrs old and the soccer will be different when these girls are her age. As far as CP goes I am sure they can come up with a solar team for him but does he want to be second fiddle to SRSA not sure if he is gonna take DM's spot at the top of the roost. Then there is also Solca and stavrou so not sure where he slides in at the top
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Till-I-Collapse 29/06/13, 07:23 am

I wouldn't use north Texas soccer as a reference point either. How many players are from north Texas on the WNT?
Till-I-Collapse
Till-I-Collapse
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 29/06/13, 08:11 am

Canseco's Guns wrote:I have no clue whether this team will "make".  I just know, if DM and CP deemed my DD worthy of a call, I'm choosing their track record over any previous commitment with the coach who dreams of being as successful as DM and CP.  

Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to keep a player from leaving their current team.  

Let my people go...

That's absurd. You're joking right?
Maybe you should consider the 'track record' of the SRSA B
team over the past 2 years. This will be yet another failed experiment.
The ones 'worthy of a call' were the ones a)on the wrong end of a roster b) former Gio players.. or c)with parents flaky enough to leave a stable team at this point in the process.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/06/13, 08:23 am

Till-I-Collapse wrote:I wouldn't use north Texas soccer as a reference point either. How many players are from north Texas on the WNT?
Just read these posts and you'll soon see the reason behind that. Coaches and crazy parents pushing agendas by using their own children as pawns in nonsensical political games. This absurd Solar Canevari/Gio/Pulp/Doe misfit creation is just a shining symbol of more recent NTX lunacy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3