North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

7/28 07G Round-Robin Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

7/28 07G Round-Robin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

7/28 07G Round-Robin Empty 7/28 07G Round-Robin

Post by Guest 17/07/13, 06:55 pm

Need one more team for a 7v7 round robin in Lewisville for 7/28 starting at 830am.  No charge to the team or parents.  Many teams have players away on vacation - there will be extra players to participate if they're needed.

Teams participating
07G Dallas Rush - Stark
07G Liverpool Gerrard - Springate
07G Liverpool Fowler - Springate
07G Sting - Shepard

25min mini-games
10min breaks
1 team takes break each round
"play-offs" as well - 5 mini-games guaranteed, 7 possible.
830am start time in Castle Hills (Lewisville), Final game at 1230pm.

*opportunity to prepare for 7v7
*coach girls in the flow of the game in a low-pressure atmosphere
*get to know and observe new players to your team

Come on out and have some fun, meet some new coaches and see the future of NTX!

Back to top Go down

7/28 07G Round-Robin Empty Re: 7/28 07G Round-Robin

Post by azulforlife 17/07/13, 09:46 pm

Dallas Kicks 07 is interested in participating...

azulforlife
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/07/13, 09:59 pm

Ok! Right now I'm waiting for a team to confirm and if not you're in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/07/13, 10:01 pm

Thanks for putting this together- we are looking forward to it. We have at least 3- maybe 4 girls out, but will have at least 7 or 8 on hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/07/13, 10:30 pm

I have put on a friendly round robin tournament before. Be very careful who you invite. The players they may be looking at or evaluating could be your players. I was amazed at the recruiting that went on during these friendlies by parents, managers, and coaches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/07/13, 11:14 pm

We've found our 5th team - Liverpool St. John.
I think all the teams have full squads BUNDESLIGA, not to mention, are actually all from different parts of the metroplex.  It's going to be a good mix.
Bigtex, same situation with two teams in.  That's how July goes!  Will still be great for the newer players.  Fowler may just have enough and Gerrard will be missing 3 so they'll have one sub.  We may cut the games to 20 minutes to give them more of a break if that's what everyone wants to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 06:58 am

The Real Decoy wrote:We've found our 5th team - Liverpool St. John.
I think all the teams have full squads BUNDESLIGA, not to mention, are actually all from different parts of the metroplex.  It's going to be a good mix.
Bigtex, same situation with two teams in.  That's how July goes!  Will still be great for the newer players.  Fowler may just have enough and Gerrard will be missing 3 so they'll have one sub.  We may cut the games to 20 minutes to give them more of a break if that's what everyone wants to do.

New parents to the academy part of soccer coming out of Rec especially the proud papa's, can be majorly influenced by the BS of a sweat talking coach and a manager that promises the world. I have found you will have a better chance of this not happening if the competition level is very equal.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 18/07/13, 07:50 am

BUNDESLIGA wrote:

New parents to the academy part of soccer coming out of Rec especially the proud papa's, can be majorly influenced by the BS of a sweat talking coach and a manager that promises the world. I have found you will have a better chance of this not happening if the competition level is very equal.

At least 4 teams have been around a while...so not exactly straight from Rec. There are other dynamics, which u may be unaware, and as TRD noted, location that will prevent recruiting between teams. Seems like a great time for the newer, straight from rec girls, to get their feet wet.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gambit 18/07/13, 08:29 am

You guys should let the Kicks participate to have an even number. Well....depending on how many fields you have anyways.
Gambit
Gambit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 08:54 am

lurkeruntilnow wrote:You guys should let the Kicks participate to have an even number. Well....depending on how many fields you have anyways.

The odd number of teams will allow for one team to take a break while the other 4 play. If this is a success, which of course is the goal, I'm positive we'll do it again. It's been very difficult to find 7v7 '07 tournaments so far, and the ones that have been played have been played on an NFL-sized field in goal boxes the size of 3v3 fields.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 09:06 am

Speaking of that I think Dallas Rush Dynamo 07 is planning on playing in the Primetime tourney the weekend of Aug 17th. Is any other 07 teams participating?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mutiny FC 18/07/13, 09:07 am

Mutiny is interested if you need another team.

Mutiny FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 09:12 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
BUNDESLIGA wrote:

At least 4 teams have been around a while...so not exactly straight from Rec.  There are other dynamics, which u may be unaware, and as TRD noted, location that will prevent recruiting between teams.  Seems like a great time for the newer, straight from rec girls, to get their feet wet.

Okay, time spent together, time spent in academy and if you don't think these clubs don't have teams in all parts of the city does not prevent one from being recruited. It seems you have played it safe by inviting the majority of LP's teams and one of the other teams has no problem picking up #'s in their programs, so Good Luck and Keep up the work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 09:28 am

BUNDESLIGA wrote:
boilerjoe_96 wrote:
BUNDESLIGA wrote:

At least 4 teams have been around a while...so not exactly straight from Rec.  There are other dynamics, which u may be unaware, and as TRD noted, location that will prevent recruiting between teams.  Seems like a great time for the newer, straight from rec girls, to get their feet wet.

Okay, time spent together, time spent in academy and if you don't think these clubs don't have teams in all parts of the city does not prevent one from being recruited. It seems you have played it safe by inviting the majority of LP's teams and one of the other teams has no problem picking up #'s in their programs, so Good Luck and Keep up the work.

All of the coaches and managers know each other in one form or another, some more than others. We hand picked the teams based on the relationships, so there won't be any of that here. There will be zero recruiting or they'll be kicked out of the circle bom 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 09:35 am

@The Real Decoy - Are spectators permitted to attend this POWWOW?

I really want to come and see for me own eyes each player executing every skill and technique like the scissors, step overs, zico's, l-turns, bring downs (juggle in the air to trap), etc., and not to forget the one-touch and two-touch pass without hesitation at varying distances.

Ahh the beauty of 07 girls soccer!

lol! Twisted Evil lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 09:47 am

kickballrules wrote:@The Real Decoy - Are spectators permitted to attend this POWWOW?

I really want to come and see for me own eyes each player executing every skill and technique like the scissors, step overs, zico's, l-turns, bring downs (juggle in the air to trap), etc., and not to forget the one-touch and two-touch pass without hesitation at varying distances.

lol! Twisted Evil lol!   

You're more than welcome to lol! 
You're also welcome to watch from home.. we have a video on the Gerrard team site of a 4v5 (played a man down from the start to make it more worthwhile).  I'd embed the video here, but I'd rather you go to the team page Cool 

LP 07G Gerrard

And look at that it covers all your points.. I see a trap from a pass out of the air, I see a scissor, and I see 7 passes in 56 seconds with about a dozen calls for a pass! The future American National team. albino 

Last edited by The Real Decoy on 18/07/13, 09:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 09:47 am

The Real Decoy wrote:
BUNDESLIGA wrote:
boilerjoe_96 wrote:
BUNDESLIGA wrote:

All of the coaches and managers know each other in one form or another, some more than others.  We hand picked the teams based on the relationships, so there won't be any of that here.  There will be zero recruiting or they'll be kicked out of the circle bom 

Agreed....and I can tell you we have no worries here either way on that. I think all the teams are very pleased with their coaches- so I would not expect any issues at all. And if for some reason a player of ours was being recruited it would not concern me too much at all. I think our team is all on the same page and even if one or two wanted to leave I would be fine with it. We want players/families on our team that want to be here and believe in the long-term strategy and I more than realize that not every team/coach work for every kid and things change all the time. This is a marathon-not a race and we are only a few feet away from the starting line.

To be clear I welcome all recruiting efforts for my dd. It would really stroke mine- I mean her ego. Just kidding of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 18/07/13, 09:50 am

kickballrules wrote:@The Real Decoy - Are spectators permitted to attend this POWWOW?

lol! Twisted Evil lol!   

Very nice kickballrules! If you get the opportunity, please make a video of these incredible 6 year old soccer studs in action and post for all of us to witness the perfection!
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 09:56 am

travelin light wrote:

lol! Twisted Evil lol!   

Very nice kickballrules! If you get the opportunity, please make a video of these incredible 6 year old soccer studs in action and post for all of us to witness the perfection!

But I already did that for you! Check the URL!

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 18/07/13, 10:00 am

The Real Decoy wrote:
travelin light wrote:

lol! Twisted Evil lol!   

The passing, possession, and spacing is great to see, and I think your team is well on its way to complete '07 domination, until you face teams that can defend.
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 10:03 am

travelin light wrote:
The Real Decoy wrote:
travelin light wrote:

lol! Twisted Evil lol!   

The passing, possession, and spacing is great to see, and I think your team is well on its way to complete '07 domination, until you face teams that can defend.

Such is soccer! But that's why you have a speedy, highly skilled forward (not shown in video for ace-up-the-sleeve surprise in future games Twisted Evil )

Back to top Go down

Post by azulforlife 18/07/13, 10:06 am

If mutiny is interested and Kicks is interested that would give you 7 teams still enough for one team to rest JS...

azulforlife
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 10:17 am

Only have two fields, but if you could PM me your email so I can get in touch with you directly when we do it again or set up another scrimmage another time that'd be helpful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/07/13, 02:30 pm

Its not rocket science Decoy. Two fields, 8 teams. Two groups. 4 teams take the field while 4 watch, rotating.

It was done spring before last for a batch of 05s and 06s. Everyone went home happy, and all teams got in 3 full matches in an afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/07/13, 04:57 pm

Thanks TRD and Liverpool for hosting Dallas Rush 07 Dynamo in the scrimmage today. I was not able to make it out, because of a sick dd, but the parents said it was well organized and a great environment to develop against talented teams. Thanks for having us out and we will look forward to reciprocating in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next