North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

PPL well done. Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

PPL well done.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PPL well done. Empty PPL well done.

Post by Marvelousmar 12/08/13, 08:39 am

With everyone calling infranctions before they occcured the list below of the 8 byes and the 28 trying for 2 spots have been created. Not a whole lot to complain about. Top two teams in terms of points (no sum of the years digits method) get in two division 1. The next 5 bracket winners and 5 WC get into division 2 on next 10 for division 3 and remaining into division 4.

Someone what to seed the 28 and pick the two that sneak into Division 1 and the next 10 for Division 2.

Division 1

AFC 01G white
Andromeda 01G Blue
Frisco Fusion 01G
Infinity 01G
Liverpool 01G Keegan
Odyssey 01G
Solar Navy 01G
Texas LoneStars 01G

Playing for Placement.

AFC 01G Red
Amarillo Lightning 01G
Andromeda 01G Red
Celtic 01G
Dallas Kicks 01G Magenta
DC United 01G
DTxn 01G White North
FC Dallas 01G Blue
FC Dallas 01G Red
FC Dallas WTX 01G Ramirez
FC Flames 01G
FC Force ESS 01G
FC Storm 01G Blue
FC Storm 01G Red
FC Trinity 01G
Forney 01G
GSSC Thunder 01G
HPSA Scots 01G
Meja Williams 01G
Mustangs 01G
Mutiny 01G
On the Ball 01G
Pachuca 01G
Real Estudiantil Gold 01G
RFC Hotspurs 01G
Sting 01G Taylor
Sting Fort Worth 01G
Texas Spirit North Red 01G
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

PPL well done. Empty Re: PPL well done.

Post by Guest 12/08/13, 09:01 am

AFC Red and Sting FT Worth must not have had "N+1" rosters. From the PPL format "GUIDELINES".......

"If a PPL D1 top 10 team does not return or makes Classic/Lake Highlands we will accept a Classic or
Lake Highlands team in their place. With N+1"

If neither team had N+1 rosters, then what PPL did makes sense and the qualifying for remaining 2 D1 spots is a fair compromise.

If one or both of those teams did qualify for the bye under N+1 rule, and I thought I read that Sting Ft. Worth did not, then they got screwed and PPL once again went against their published guidelines to take care of their own. Both teams played LH last year and just missed qualifying this year. Both advanced further then AFC White and Andro Blue, and should have received the byes over them. So all I can think is that the had too much roster turnover.

At the same time though, I had heard a lot of turnover regarding some of last years PPL teams that got byes as well (Infinity & Solar Navy being a couple examples). Not sure they actually qualified under the roster rule either.

Someone in the know can clarify if they like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 12/08/13, 09:21 am

Once and for all, Solar Navy has N+1.  

Last edited by Tiki-taka on 12/08/13, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : turning a new leaf, being polite, letting it roll of the shoulders, Chillaxing!)
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiki-taka 12/08/13, 09:28 am

On a more positive note, I think PPL got it right with moving AFC and Andromeda into D1, Happy for those teams, and Lone Stars too.

I like the format and think it will contribute to a good competitive tourney and a competitive year.

May the odds be forever in your favor.
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

PPL well done. Empty Tiki

Post by Marvelousmar 12/08/13, 09:29 am

I think it was just that rumours. Nothing to be woried about. You have your N+1 and the bye. Keep on playing. It's a long season.

I think they wanted to open it(Division 1) a little but left the two Classic teams a way in even without N+1. Looking at the list of 28 and how they did at QT one would say they are the 1 and 2 seeds and should have the easiest bracket to score max points and get the last two spots in Div 1. A lot of teams will be fighting for the chance to get it. So it's going to be a fun hot weekend. Let the games begin.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sideline fan 12/08/13, 09:30 am

where did you find this list of who was playing...... looking for 02 list

sideline fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie 12/08/13, 09:34 am

If anyone has a link with this updated bye info, please share.
Rookie
Rookie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

PPL well done. Empty Straight from the source

Post by Marvelousmar 12/08/13, 09:35 am

Your coach or manager should have been greated with the wonderful e-mail today.

While your coach is probably trying to figure out do they want to fight for Division 1, 2 or 3.

The schedule should be out shortly as well and the girls preparation, play on the field, luck of the draw, unlucky bounce, ability to finish, ability to handle the moment will all play in the ultimate result on the field. However, over the three games those that consistently play better then their opposition will end up in Division 1. Good luck to all. Even those in my bracket whenever it comes out.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 12/08/13, 10:24 am

Tiki-taka wrote:On a more positive note, I think PPL got it right with moving AFC and Andromeda into D1, Happy for those teams, and Lone Stars too.

I like the format and think it will contribute to a good competitive tourney and a competitive year.

I agree with your statements, TikTak. It would have been a tough pill to swallow in seeing the top two D2 teams from last year have to start over despite having earned the advancement bye (and having very strong pre-season showings in tournaments). But at the same time - and as I've mentioned before - it made perfect sense that PYSA needed to change the playing formats to 10 league divisions. So when you put both of those concepts together, it made for some hard decisions by PYSA, and they probably did indeed get it right. It's refreshing to see an organization put thought into how they are doing things. Maybe someone over there actually reads all of the drivel we post.

Nahhh....
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by EastSideSoccer 12/08/13, 10:30 am

I Just picked this up on another thread. I don't know if this will stay this way but my guess is this is it.

http://www.planoyouthsoccer.org/cgi-bin/Qualifying_2009/schedules/

EastSideSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/08/13, 10:38 am

Tiki-taka wrote:On a more positive note, I think PPL got it right with moving AFC and Andromeda into D1, Happy for those teams, and Lone Stars too.

..............only if AFC Red & Sting Ft. Worth did not meet the N+1 rule (which like I said, I believe it was posted that Sting did not).  If neither did, then I agree that PPL did the right thing there.  If AFC Red met the rule, they should be in over one of those two.  Anyone with AFC Red that can confirm that.............for curiosity sake?

Back to top Go down

Post by pitchdad 12/08/13, 10:46 am

Sting had 9 returning players...

pitchdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/08/13, 10:58 am

pitchdad wrote:Sting had 9 returning players...
Well, if that's the case then PPL got it wrong again this year.  That would have met the bye guidelines.  Not sure where I read that Sting was short of that and apologize if I was wrong.

And before anyone else overreacts, not saying that AFC White or Andro Blue don't deserve byes, just saying if it was between moving those teams up to D1 or giving byes to Sting & AFC Red, then they failed in their decision.

Too bad.  Ya'll got screwed by Sting for not being given their vacated D3 bye and now by PPL.  Tough way to start the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/08/13, 11:16 am

Tiki-taka wrote:Once and for all, Solar Navy has N+1.  
No worries, I saw your original post.  Severe overreaction and good thing you're "Chilaxing".

Never realized there was anything mentioned about it prior. Apparently I missed the thread where Solar Navy was viciously attacked on the forum for their roster situation and you sped to the rescue of their empire to defend them.  But thanks for clarifying and saving the day Superman.

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 12/08/13, 11:21 am

I can't help but wonder if this could be a case of PYSA indicating they will not always operate in the shadow of LHGCL. Think about it for a minute. You've got two teams that finished at or near the bottom of LH D3, several teams that finished in the middle/lower middle of PPL D1, and two that took the top of PPL D2. Add to that the statement in the PYSA bylaws that make it clear that the Competitive Committee will ultimately make the decision on how teams are placed if there are any discrepancies or question marks. Given that PPL is changing its format beginning this fall, this generates even more uncertainty such that someone has to step in and make the hard decisions. A few teams were going to inevitably feel like they didn't get a fair shake in it all and certainly have valid points to that effect.
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpapa89 12/08/13, 11:27 am

I would say that sting and AFC Red should have gotten ppl 1 byes close it out. Besides those two teams, I don't see anyone else that really deserves to be in that division at this time. Overall though I give ppl props for not messing this all up like they ussually do.

Who will make PPL 2 and 3 will be interesting. Lots of new teams on the block also.

bigpapa89
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/08/13, 11:41 am

JustaSport wrote:I can't help but wonder if this could be a case of PYSA indicating they will not always operate in the shadow of LHGCL.  Think about it for a minute.  You've got two teams that finished at or near the bottom of LH D3, several teams that finished in the middle/lower middle of PPL D1, and two that took the top of PPL D2.  Add to that the statement in the PYSA bylaws that make it clear that the Competitive Committee will ultimately make the decision on how teams are placed if there are any discrepancies or question marks.  Given that PPL is changing its format beginning this fall, this generates even more uncertainty such that someone has to step in and make the hard decisions.  A few teams were going to inevitably feel like they didn't get a fair shake in it all and certainly have valid points to that effect.
Understand what you're saying and I've been all over this forum saying PPL always does things are their own discretion, and never to take anything they've got published or written as something they will follow.

Regardless of where the teams finished last year, all four played in QT.  AFC White and Andro Blue were out after first weekend.  AFC Red and Sting both played the 2nd weekend and were in contention going in to their final games.  So if recent scope of work means anything, regardless of what league they played in last year, common sense tells you those 2 teams should have received discretionary byes over AFC White and Andro Blue if they followed their published guidelines.  But they didn't and the way it appears is they based their decision on who played PPL last year and who didn't.  It's consistent with what happened last year with Kicks East.  Not a surprise I wouldn't think at this point.

And I 100% agree with the statement in red.  These types of results to their discretionary decisions are proof.

It is what it is and our opinions really don't matter at this point.  I think I saw previous posts that you were with Andro Blue, so congrats on the bye and happy that it went in your favor.  Good luck this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 12/08/13, 11:51 am

Any ideas who these guys are?

Marvelousmar wrote:With everyone calling infranctions before they occcured the list below of the 8 byes and the 28 trying for 2 spots have been created.  Not a whole lot to complain about.  Top two teams in terms of points (no sum of the years digits method)  get in two division 1.  The next 5 bracket winners and 5 WC get into division 2 on next 10 for division 3 and remaining into division 4.  

Someone what to seed the 28 and pick the two that sneak into Division 1 and the next 10 for Division 2.  

Division 1

AFC 01G white
Andromeda 01G Blue
Frisco Fusion 01G
Infinity 01G
Liverpool 01G Keegan
Odyssey 01G
Solar Navy 01G
Texas LoneStars 01G

Playing for Placement.

AFC 01G Red
Amarillo Lightning 01G
Andromeda 01G Red
Celtic 01G
Dallas Kicks 01G Magenta
DC United 01G
DTxn 01G White North
FC Dallas 01G Blue
FC Dallas 01G Red
FC Flames 01G
FC Force ESS 01G
FC Storm 01G Blue
FC Storm 01G Red
FC Trinity 01G
Forney 01G
GSSC Thunder 01G
HPSA Scots 01G
Meja Williams 01G
Mustangs 01G
Mutiny 01G
On the Ball 01G
Pachuca 01G
RFC Hotspurs 01G

Sting 01G Taylor
Sting Fort Worth 01G

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpapa89 12/08/13, 11:54 am

On the ball is or was a McKinney rec groin that decided not to go to uk elite!

bigpapa89
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperSweeper 12/08/13, 12:28 pm

Amarillo Lightning has played in the APL the last two seasons.
KeeperSweeper
KeeperSweeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JustaSport 12/08/13, 12:36 pm

bigpapa89 wrote:On the ball is or was a McKinney rec groin that decided not to go to uk elite!
Oh man.  That's a bad injury.  Or another case of the A-D-M-I-N  having his fun with substitute words.
JustaSport
JustaSport
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpapa89 12/08/13, 12:45 pm

Medic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigpapa89
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

PPL well done. Empty I started this post as PPL Well done.

Post by Marvelousmar 12/08/13, 12:51 pm

I think we got seeded fairly based on how we performed last season. So not crying here. The big question I think is it is possible that we don't give up max points to sting. (we didn't give up max points during QT so I hope that carries over) Thus keeping them in D II. Which doesn't seem quite right. I also see that possibility with AFC red's bracket as FCD Red has shown the ability to keep the score down against similar skilled teams ( looking at King tut results not Ayses) With that said I wouldn't be shocked to see what I tought to be an easy trip for the two Classic teams to Div 1 to be a little more of a tussle.

A lot depends on the brackets and how teams play.

It should be a fun weekend.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 12/08/13, 12:52 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:With everyone calling infranctions before they occcured the list below of the 8 byes and the 28 trying for 2 spots have been created.  Not a whole lot to complain about.  Top two teams in terms of points (no sum of the years digits method)  get in two division 1.  The next 5 bracket winners and 5 WC get into division 2 on next 10 for division 3 and remaining into division 4.  

Division 1

AFC 01G white
Andromeda 01G Blue
Frisco Fusion 01G
Infinity 01G
Liverpool 01G Keegan
Odyssey 01G
Solar Navy 01G
Texas LoneStars 01G

Playing for Placement.

AFC 01G Red
Amarillo Lightning 01G
Andromeda 01G Red
Celtic 01G
Dallas Kicks 01G Magenta
DC United 01G
DTxn 01G White North
FC Dallas 01G Blue
FC Dallas 01G Red
FC Flames 01G
FC Force ESS 01G
FC Storm 01G Blue
FC Storm 01G Red
FC Trinity 01G
Forney 01G
GSSC Thunder 01G
HPSA Scots 01G
Meja Williams 01G
Mustangs 01G
Mutiny 01G
On the Ball 01G
Pachuca 01G
RFC Hotspurs 01G
Sting 01G Taylor
Sting Fort Worth 01G
Surprised no one caught this yet.  Guessing this was the Kicks Black team that was advertising in June/July.  That's funny.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Slakemoth 12/08/13, 02:36 pm

There appears to be no limit to goal differential or goals scored ( tie breakers #3 and #4)... which will most certainly come into play... This is going to be a rough weekend for weaker teams as the QT format pretty much sanctions murder on those poor girls..... oof.

This is not a good way to determine those two slots.
Slakemoth
Slakemoth
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum