North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Full Release and LHGCL  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Full Release and LHGCL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Full Release and LHGCL  Empty Full Release and LHGCL

Post by Santa Claus 02 01/10/13, 07:31 pm

If I get a full release can I play on another LHGCL team this fall or spring? Do I have to wait until start of next fall season? Help!!

Santa Claus 02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Full Release and LHGCL  Empty Re: Full Release and LHGCL

Post by Guest 01/10/13, 07:53 pm

I would call LHGCL and speak with them directly to verify, but as I understand the rules, it depends on whether the team you are currently on qualified for LHGCL this year via the QT.

If your DD is U12 or older, and the team she is currently on is in LHGCL on virtue of a bye from the previous year, then you should be able to transfer this fall, provided you get a full competitive release from her current team.

If your DD's is U12 or older and the team she is currently on qualified for LHGCL via the 2013 QT back in July/Aug., then she can not transfer to a team that is in the league via a bye from last year, until after fall season is complete without approval from the age group commissioner.

The rule seems a bit vague regarding U11 where everyone qualified via QT this year.  

...but like I said, if this is a critical factor in your decision process for getting a release, I would call LHGCL and get clarification on your specific situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 01/10/13, 09:43 pm

That is good advice and info gophers.
The key thing to consider first and foremost....
How was the release signed by the releasing coach?
If the form was checked...'release to recreational'
Your DD won't be eligible to play in LHGCL anytime soon.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 02/10/13, 01:05 am

To move to another competitive team during the soccer year, must get a release (gets you off the team) and a transfer letter (allows you to join another select team) from your current coach. Good luck with that - coaches rarely grant transfers. You may get a "release to rec" through April 1 from North Texas Soccer Association - coach has no say in this - which would allow you to practice or guest play, but no league games, or you may join a rec team.

LHGCL eligibility is separate from this, but since LHGCL teams are registered with NTSSA, this applies also.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 02/10/13, 06:54 am

Maybe this is just my recollection, but the talk about release seems to be coming earlier and earlier every year. Good luck whatever you decide.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 02/10/13, 07:10 am

upper95 wrote:To move to another competitive team during the soccer year, must get a release (gets you off the team) and a transfer letter (allows you to join another select team) from your current coach.  Good luck with that - coaches rarely grant transfers.  You may get a "release to rec" through April 1 from North Texas Soccer Association - coach has no say in this -  which would allow you to practice or guest play, but no league games, or you may join a rec team.

LHGCL eligibility is separate from this, but since LHGCL teams are registered with NTSSA, this applies also.
Even if a player isn't given a full release or transfer from their coach, a player can petition the NTSSA for a transfer.

Bylaw 3.10.7

Any request for transfer that is not approved by the player’s current coach, as indicated on the release form or transfer request form, will be scheduled for a Competitive Soccer Committee hearing which shall be chaired by the NTSSA Youth Commissioner or his designee, with all parties being invited to attend. This shall be done between the dates of December 1 and January 31 for U-11 through U-14 and December 1 and March 15 for U-15 through U-19 only.

I was told last year (after obtaining a NTSSA signed release to rec) if we wanted to transfer to another team, the former coach would be notified of the request and if he/she challenges the transfer then there is a hearing. If the coach doesn't respond within 10 days, the transfer is automatically approved by the NTSSA. I was also told that most transfer requests happen even if it goes to a hearing. Typically, the only time the NTSSA doesn't approve the request is if the player is moving from one team to another in the same competitive division.

So if your DD is hoping to go from a PPL/APL team to a LHGCL squad or vice versa, no problem. From a LHGCL D3 team to a D2 team or vice versa, no problem. Jumping from a D1 team to another D1 team, probably not going to happen.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 02/10/13, 07:24 am

midfieldersdad wrote:Maybe this is just my recollection, but the talk about release seems to be coming earlier and earlier every year. Good luck whatever you decide.
When I went to the NTSSA office to file the release to rec paperwork for my DD last year, I asked how many players had done the same and were classified as free agents-- more than 300. And that was only the first week of December.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 02/10/13, 08:15 am

txtransplant wrote:
midfieldersdad wrote:Maybe this is just my recollection, but the talk about release seems to be coming earlier and earlier every year. Good luck whatever you decide.
When I went to the NTSSA office to file the release to rec paperwork for my DD last year, I asked how many players had done the same and were classified as free agents-- more than 300. And that was only the first week of December.
What does that 300+ number encompass? Was that just for a specific age group and/or gender?

If it was 300+ composing of ALL age groups & teams (boy & girl) throughout NTSSA, then IMO that number seems surprisingly low when considering the number of teams & players. The 01G age group alone had close to 80 teams between LHGCL, PPL, & APL.

Now if that number is for a specific age group & gender, then that's a different story . . .

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 02/10/13, 08:34 am

That's because what we have in Ntx is not actually select. Therefore you have way too many players, parents, and coaches in the "select" system that have no business in the system and are not prepared for select soccer.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 02/10/13, 08:36 am

OrangeBlooded wrote:
txtransplant wrote:
What does that 300+ number encompass?  Was that just for a specific age group and/or gender?

If it was 300+ composing of ALL age groups & teams (boy & girl) throughout NTSSA, then IMO that number seems surprisingly low when considering the number of teams & players.  The 01G age group alone had close to 80 teams between LHGCL, PPL, & APL.  

Now if that number is for a specific age group & gender, then that's a different story . . .

1,000 releases were processed by North Texas last year.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/13, 08:43 am

oldboot wrote:
OrangeBlooded wrote:
txtransplant wrote:
What does that 300+ number encompass?  Was that just for a specific age group and/or gender?

If it was 300+ composing of ALL age groups & teams (boy & girl) throughout NTSSA, then IMO that number seems surprisingly low when considering the number of teams & players.  The 01G age group alone had close to 80 teams between LHGCL, PPL, & APL.  

Back of the envelope...

Taking a quick look at boys and girls Classic/LHGCL + PPL + APL, the average # of NTX competitive teams per gender per age group is somewhere between 80-90, so let's say 85...

Using an average roster size of 15 (probably conservative), and 7 age groups from U11-U17, that's (85*15*7*2)=17850 competitive players in NTX.

1000/17850 = 5.6% of players ask for a release during the soccer year.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 02/10/13, 08:52 am

bwgophers wrote:
oldboot wrote:
OrangeBlooded wrote:
txtransplant wrote:

Back of the envelope...

Taking a quick look at boys and girls Classic/LHGCL + PPL + APL, the average # of NTX competitive teams per gender per age group is somewhere between 80-90, so let's say 85...

Using an average roster size of 15 (probably conservative), and 7 age groups from U11-U17, that's (85*15*7*2)=17850 competitive players in NTX.

1000/17850 = 5.6% of players ask for a release during the soccer year.
5.6% were unhappy enough to go through the hassle, expense and drama of processing a release.  It would be interesting to see how those 17,000 families would respond to a satisfaction survey.  It would also be interesting to see how those responses compared to the families with kids playing below the competitive level.  NTSSA says there are 130,000 soccer player in North Texas.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 02/10/13, 09:14 am

oldboot wrote:5.6% were unhappy enough to go through the hassle, expense and drama of processing a release.  It would be interesting to see how those 17,000 families responded to a satisfaction survey.  It would also be interesting to see how those responses compared to the families with kids playing below the competitive level.  NTSSA says there are 130,000 soccer player in North Texas.
And how many more are misinformed, be it deliberate or unintentional, and don't realize their kid doesn't have to suffer until June 1st?

I know for a fact that after my DD left her squad the coach and manager (who was the coach's wife) were telling the players and parents that my DD might as well come back because she wouldn't be able to play anywhere else until July 1st of the following year. Imagine how surprised all those players and parents were when they found out we obtained a release from NTSSA, enabling her to guest play in tournaments with numerous teams throughout the spring.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 02/10/13, 09:27 am

txtransplant wrote:
oldboot wrote:5.6% were unhappy enough to go through the hassle, expense and drama of processing a release.  It would be interesting to see how those 17,000 families responded to a satisfaction survey.  It would also be interesting to see how those responses compared to the families with kids playing below the competitive level.  NTSSA says there are 130,000 soccer player in North Texas.
And how many more are misinformed, be it deliberate or unintentional, and don't realize their kid doesn't have to suffer until June 1st?

I know for a fact that after my DD left her squad the coach and manager (who was the coach's wife) were telling the players and parents that my DD might as well come back because she wouldn't be able to play anywhere else until July 1st of the following year. Imagine how surprised all those players and parents were when they found out we obtained a release from NTSSA, enabling her to guest play in tournaments with numerous teams throughout the spring.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 02/10/13, 09:34 am

oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 02/10/13, 10:10 am

oldboot wrote:

If you intend to leave your current team, ALWAYS get a "release to rec" before April 1 so that you can guest play or practice with anyone who will have you without the encumbrance of getting permission from your coach.

By rule, no "releases to rec" are granted after April 1. Coach can deny guest play requests until June, at which time NTSSA will grant them ONLY if your current team is not playing a tournament the same weekend.

In the spring, if you know you are going to leave the team or think there is a high probability, get the release by April 1 so that you are completely free with no restrictions.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 02/10/13, 10:15 am

futbollove wrote:
That's because what we have in Ntx is not actually select. Therefore you have way too many players, parents, and coaches in the "select" system that have no business in the system and are not prepared for select soccer.
You sir, are correct, on this we agree. But, your previous avatar was more interesting than the current. IMSHO
midfieldersdad
midfieldersdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Santa Claus 02 02/10/13, 11:26 am

Very helpful thanks so much all of you. santa 

Santa Claus 02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/13, 11:49 am

frankly releases should be automatic IF the parents are paid in full. not paid in full, thats a different can of worms...

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 02/10/13, 12:41 pm

silentparent wrote:frankly releases should be automatic IF the parents are paid in full. not paid in full, thats a different can of worms...
You make an interesting suggestion. My understanding is that restrictions on roster changes and the NTSSA competitive contract exist to counter-act the inevitable recruiting that would occur 365 days a year if rosters were essentially open to changes during the season. so, while it is true that transfer restrictions seem unwelcome to an unhappy player/family who want to leave a team or a club, the same restrictions actually insulate players and teams from the chaos and uncertainty that would ensue if players were constantly switching rosters. If the granting of transfer requests was automatic (provided that financial commitments had been met), a significant number coaches, clubs and players/parents would be constantly shopping, recruiting and changing teams. Cost alone is clearly not an effective deterrent for many people involved in competitive soccer. On the other hand, such a system would make the "discussions" on this board significantly more interesting...
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/13, 12:48 pm

oldboot wrote:
silentparent wrote:frankly releases should be automatic IF the parents are paid in full. not paid in full, thats a different can of worms...
You make an interesting suggestion.  My understanding is that restrictions on roster changes and the NTSSA competitive contract exist to counter-act the inevitable recruiting that would occur 365 days a year if rosters were essentially open to changes during the season. so, while it is true that transfer restrictions seem unwelcome to an unhappy player/family who want to leave a team or a club, the same restrictions actually insulate players and teams from the chaos and uncertainty that would ensue if players were constantly switching rosters.  If the granting of transfer requests was automatic (provided that financial commitments had been met), a significant number coaches, clubs and players/parents would be constantly shopping, recruiting and changing teams. Cost alone is clearly not an effective deterrent for many people involved in competitive soccer. On the other hand, such a system would make the "discussions" on this board significantly more interesting...

I see your point but consider this, not too many people like to walk away from 2500 bucks 2-3 months in so those that are willing to do that and possibly repay should be given full automatic releases. i just don't see a mass exodus under those circumstances. now if you could walk and no pay that would be opening the gates of ntx soccer hell ...Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ....

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 02/10/13, 01:14 pm

silentparent wrote:
oldboot wrote:
You make an interesting suggestion.  My understanding is that restrictions on roster changes and the NTSSA competitive contract exist to counter-act the inevitable recruiting that would occur 365 days a year if rosters were essentially open to changes during the season. so, while it is true that transfer restrictions seem unwelcome to an unhappy player/family who want to leave a team or a club, the same restrictions actually insulate players and teams from the chaos and uncertainty that would ensue if players were constantly switching rosters.  If the granting of transfer requests was automatic (provided that financial commitments had been met), a significant number coaches, clubs and players/parents would be constantly shopping, recruiting and changing teams. Cost alone is clearly not an effective deterrent for many people involved in competitive soccer. On the other hand, such a system would make the "discussions" on this board significantly more interesting...
I see your point but consider this, not too many people like to walk away from 2500 bucks 2-3 months in so those that are willing to do that and possibly repay should be given full automatic releases. i just don't see a mass exodus under those circumstances. now if you could walk and no pay that would be opening the gates of ntx soccer hell ...Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ....
Personally, it would have to be pretty bad for me to pay twice so my DD could play for a different team. However, if the transfer is automatic, people could get pretty creative to find a way to add the right player or players to a roster. For example a club could extend a scholarship or parents could raise money to fund a specific player. What happens when a team's 2 or 3 best players get recruited on scholarships to other teams in the middle of a season. A coach that's trying to win the league or avoid relegation would be heavily incentivized to recruit away a top player and take a financial hit doing it. What happens when 4 or 5 coaches are trying to do the same thing? Also, what about those parents who think that Little Suzie is a lock for the U14 WNT if they can just get her on the right "winning" team. Maybe they are pissed that coach played her at left forward instead of rignt forward, where parent thinks she is destined to play. Parent also thinks he is going to be the next Leigh Steinberg, so he starts shopping Suzie to the two teams that happen to be three points ahead of his daughter's team in the table. At the end of the day, he doesn't care whether Suzie is offered a scholarship, because he is happy to write another check if it will get Suzie a step closer to soccer immortality.

I think stability of rosters is more important than unfettered freedom to switch. When players/parents chose teams, they consider who they will be playing with for the year. If families leave mid-year, everyone is affected. There are exceptions and it is good that the rules provide for transfers, but I tend to believe that we are all better off not having to deal with recruiting issues on a continual basis. The month of June is bad enough.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/13, 01:18 pm

"I think stability of rosters is more important than unfettered freedom to switch. When players/parents chose teams, they consider who they will be playing with for the year. If families leave mid-year, everyone is affected"

ok, but this is where we disagree. i think the paying customer is more important than  the coach or his club. i think it would force the coaches to be aware that they DON'T just have a hostage  for a year.the system should be skewed towards the kid and the parents paying the bill...

point 2, most of this unhappiness comes down to playing time. there are too many kids on teams ( 18? really at u11, u12,u13?) and the clubs do this just to make money..

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 02/10/13, 02:01 pm

silentparent wrote:"I think stability of rosters is more important than unfettered freedom to switch. When players/parents chose teams, they consider who they will be playing with for the year. If families leave mid-year, everyone is affected"

ok, but this is where we disagree. i think the paying customer is more important than  the coach or his club. i think it would force the coaches to be aware that they DON'T just have a hostage  for a year.the system should be skewed towards the kid and the parents paying the bill...

point 2, most of this unhappiness comes down to playing time. there are too many kids on teams ( 18? really at u11, u12,u13?) and the clubs do this just to make money..
I agree that the rules should be designed to protect the consumer. I'm just not sure that making transfers easier would achieve that goal. Player movement affects everyone on the roster. Parents are constantly on this board complaining about the effect of continual player movement at the academy level. At the select level, player movement can have a huge impact on a team's success. At the select level, maintaining a bye from season to season is important to players as well as coaches and clubs. This is one of the reasons that the Club pass rule is controversial. Any rule change that allows makes mid season roster changes easier is dangerous in my opinion.

Maybe this should really be about quality control at the Club level. Maybe someone should start a "Rate My Coach" website. They exist for Doctors and teachers.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 02/10/13, 02:51 pm

I'll admit I haven't watched Survivor since season one, but, it would be a simple solution for each team to banish 2-3 players are specific months of the year. This would be a full release and they can lobby for their own banishment.

It would probably be in the overall team's best interest and, unbeknownst to the person exiled, better for them as well.

Everyone would have the same chance and each team could have a chosen ceremony or have an all LHGCL event held at a larger stadium/even center. There would then be a random drawing for replacement (mix of teams losing players and/or cheer teams/perhaps forced relocation to another city...).
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next