North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

OK when you don't post you get this! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

OK when you don't post you get this!

Go down

OK when you don't post you get this! Empty OK when you don't post you get this!

Post by InaB 07/03/14, 08:42 pm

My, my, my people, this board has gone silent too long, so now you must face the corny jokes barrage.

Q: What do you call four soccer players in quicksand?
A: Quattro sinko.

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn't work?
A: A stick.

Q: What is a ghost’s favorite position in soccer?
A: Ghoul keeper.

Q: Why can't Cinderella play soccer?
A: Because she's always running away from the ball.

Q: Why did the soccer player go to jail?
A: Because he shot the ball.

Q: What do you call a pig who plays soccer?
A: A ball hog!

Q: What do soccer players and magicians have in common?
A: Both can do hat tricks!

InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

OK when you don't post you get this! Empty Re: OK when you don't post you get this!

Post by Lakedad 07/03/14, 09:17 pm

InaB wrote:My, my, my people, this board has gone silent too long, so now you must face the corny jokes barrage.

Q: What do you call four soccer players in quicksand?
A: Quattro sinko.

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn't work?
A: A stick.

Q: What is a ghost’s favorite position in soccer?
A: Ghoul keeper.

Q: Why can't Cinderella play soccer?
A: Because she's always running away from the ball.

Q: Why did the soccer player go to jail?
A: Because he shot the ball.

Q: What do you call a pig who plays soccer?
A: A ball hog!

Q: What do soccer players and magicians have in common?
A: Both can do hat tricks!

Glad to have you back InaB!
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

OK when you don't post you get this! Empty Re: OK when you don't post you get this!

Post by backofthenet 08/03/14, 08:14 am

Yep very silent. I've been trying to help but apparently the forum gods have put the kibosh on 00 posting. So, see everyone in August!

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 08/03/14, 01:14 pm

Thanks Lakedad. And Backofthenet, I shall start my anti-kibosh dance (it isn't quite as effective as my rain dance, but close)!  Very Happy 
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 08/03/14, 02:06 pm

Yep, InaB, no one responded or comment to
-the pre-spring D2 rankings and predictions.
-Bussy-DTFW tie last week 0-0
-Mustang Spence tie the Feet, 1-1
-FCD-P upsetting Solar Gold, 1-0

-How tight D2 is:
1. Bussey..............31pts in 12GP
2. Sting Central.....27pts in 11GP
3. Solar Gold.........23pts in 12GP
4. Dfeeter-P..........20pts in 12GP
5. FCD-E..............19pts in 12GP

Can't believe no one hasn't any opinions!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 08/03/14, 02:48 pm

Understood Pack, and you know me, I can speak up.  Very Happy  There seemed to be a lot of bravado going on between the existing D2 teams and the incoming D3 teams who moved up.

So far a number of the incumbents are proving their rights to be in D2 and perhaps move up to D1 next season (Solar Gold and D'Feeters for example.) While existing D2 teams have certainly proven their worth (such as Mustangs Bussey).

There are other teams who seemed to have great expectations that haven't been able to reach their potential in D2. It looks to be a very interesting finish to the spring games.

InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 08/03/14, 03:09 pm

This is really down to The Bus and Big Blue. Solar and Feet can make it interesting but both would have to run the table AND the top two would have to stumble significantly for there to be a 4 team pile-up at the top. If we're playing the odds, I'm taking the current leaders to finish 1 and 2 with a 6-9pt gap between them and 3rd.

Bus won today and now sits 7 points ahead of Blue; but Blue has 2 games in hand. Give it 2 weeks to see how evens up after all have played the same number of games.

April should be interesting for deciding 1st and 2nd and for deciding 3rd and 4th

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 08/03/14, 03:39 pm

IMHO, at this early stage in the season. It appears to be a two horse race. SCP has the talent to topple Buss, but Buss has remained consistent. Feet and SG are within range of the top two teams, but would need wins against those top two, and everyone else to point over the leaders. Callin' em as I see 'em.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 08/03/14, 07:01 pm

I hate to think that SG or Feet can't make up the gap, but both have had a game this spring that they probably want back...to be honest...it won't be both SG and Feet...if either, it will be one, and that one will need to do what backofthenet said-run it, and get some help.

The week after Spring Break will be telling...SG plays the other 3 that sit in the top 4 (Wed, Sat, Wed), and Feet play the top 4 others in the next 4 (add FCDE). Bussey plays the other top 3 in the next 4 (add in FCDP)...that will likely decide the promotion teams.

I look at it like this: SG OR Feet can get there but NOT both, AND they have to rely on either Bussey or Parker to stumble in their stretch run...

SG and Feet will go head to head in a knife fight, (with death on the line-Princess Bride) and then the winner will have to cheer for the loser to spoil the other top teams' path and spoil either Parker or Bussey's party...and then take care of their own business.

Honestly, it is a long shot for either, but all the D2 teams have had surprises (good and bad) so far...Spence looks game now (toward the end of last season they picked up and had a nice go of it in the winter), DTFW will give everyone fits, Ferretti and DTN can play with anyone on any Saturday, both FCDs will take your lunch money. An injury here or there can turn the tables in a hurry.

It will be a fun spring.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Honcho47 08/03/14, 09:39 pm

dadof3 wrote:I hate to think that SG or Feet can't make up the gap, but both have had a game this spring that they probably want back...to be honest...it won't be both SG and Feet...if either, it will be one, and that one will need to do what backofthenet said-run it, and get some help.

The week after Spring Break will be telling...SG plays the other 3 that sit in the top 4 (Wed, Sat, Wed), and Feet play the top 4 others in the next 4 (add FCDE).  Bussey plays the other top 3 in the next 4 (add in FCDP)...that will likely decide the promotion teams.

I look at it like this: SG OR Feet can get there but NOT both, AND they have to rely on either Bussey or Parker to stumble in their stretch run...

SG and Feet will go head to head in a knife fight, (with death on the line-Princess Bride) and then the winner will have to cheer for the loser to spoil the other top teams' path and spoil either Parker or Bussey's party...and then take care of their own business.

Honestly, it is a long shot for either, but all the D2 teams have had surprises (good and bad) so far...Spence looks game now (toward the end of last season they picked up and had a nice go of it in the winter), DTFW will give everyone fits, Ferretti and DTN can play with anyone on any Saturday, both FCDs will take your lunch money.  An injury here or there can turn the tables in a hurry.

It will be a fun spring.

Only 1 team promotes. Too much of a gap to make up for Feet and Sg

Honcho47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 08/03/14, 09:44 pm

Ah, man I love it when discussions emerge! I might even refrain from posting more jokes!  Razz 
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 08/03/14, 10:07 pm

If only one promotes, then I think you are right honcho. It will be too big a gap unless something strange happens.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/14, 10:19 pm

Hope to stay healthy. This time of year, injuries are the biggest game changer.

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 08/03/14, 10:20 pm

Dad, 2 down 1 up.

Pale, agree.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 08/03/14, 10:35 pm

Yup. I see it. Bussey's has a tough road to make it, but they have been the most consistent, and they already have those two wins that Parker will probably get, but can't count yet. SG and Feet start with each other... then have to do the rest. Anything but a win vs each other effectively removes their last hope. That win gives them a sliver, but agreed it is just an outside chance for either.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Honcho47 09/03/14, 12:10 am

Let's keep this going.

My predictions

1. SCP promotes. They are far and away the best team.

2. Spence and DT North drop.

3. It's way past my bedtime. I may change these tomorrow

Honcho47
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 09/03/14, 08:02 am

The finish:

1. The bus
2. Big blue
3. Solar
4. Green
5. East
6. Premier
7. North
8. Westies
9. Sting Ferretti
10. Navy

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 09/03/14, 12:18 pm

I agree with most of what said above. I like that SCP team and its style of soccer a lot, but Bussey was the most consistent, ie the best team last Fall. Bussey should move up to D1 with SCP, SG, FEET staying behind at the top of D2, but I think the league is going to insist the games be played anyway.

"Most likely, but..."
--Bussey, SCP & SG: The top spot will go Bussey or SCP, but SG can get 2nd without miracles , if it improves on its fall record. If SG gets to 2nd, anything is possible from there.

--SG, Feet, FCD-E: Any of these team can be 3rd or worse. Yep, that includes FCD, bc they have played themselves into the top 3-4 conversation. They currently have more wins than the Feet, but the test of belonging in the top 4 will come against the Feet, who hung 5 on them last fall.

--The 2nd spot may be a bridge to far, but the Feet are capable of beating any of these teams, if they can close out matches. They were up 2-0 in their SG match, gave up 2 late 2nd half pts against Bussey, and kept it tight against SCP.

Good luck and may everyone stay healthy!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by beast 09/03/14, 02:56 pm

I agree with everyone who says it will be Bussey or Sting Central to move up. SG and Feet mathematically could, but there are so many other factors involved that it is just very unlikely. I think that the game between Bussey and Sting will be a huge factor! Whoever wins has a big advantage and a tie will keep Bussey in control, just barely though.

Bussey had a bit of a hiccup with the 0-0 tie against DTFW, any insight to this game?

I think Spence will get a couple of wins this spring, but not sure it will be enough to stay in D2. They have scored against 3 of the top 4 and I do think that says something. Any insight to their tie against Feet?

The second half of this spring season should be very competitive with the top teams playing each other.
beast
beast
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 09/03/14, 08:14 pm

So Big Blue wins 2-0. Heard it was much closer til late and that North really gave Blue a run, but was too much in the end? Anyone there care to comment?

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 10/03/14, 02:27 pm

beast wrote:I agree with everyone who says it will be Bussey or Sting Central to move up.  SG and Feet mathematically could, but there are so many other factors involved that it is just very unlikely.  I think that the game between Bussey and Sting will be a huge factor!  Whoever wins has a big advantage and a tie will keep Bussey in control, just barely though.  

Bussey had a bit of a hiccup with the 0-0 tie against DTFW, any insight to this game?  

I think Spence will get a couple of wins this spring, but not sure it will be enough to stay in D2.  They have scored against 3 of the top 4 and I do think that says something.  Any insight to their tie against Feet?

The second half of this spring season should be very competitive with the top teams playing each other.

Bussey had plenty of opportunities, believe there were one or two that even hit the post but got knocked out of play either by the keeper or defense. Keeper had a really good game. DTFW just spoiled the party by stealing points from them.  Twisted Evil  They did that to SCP in the fall too, tied them 1-1. Just trying to keep it interesting for them I guess and trying to stay alive themselves to remain in D2.
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum