North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

4th annual Dallas International Girls Cup 2014 Accepted Teams - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

4th annual Dallas International Girls Cup 2014 Accepted Teams

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

4th annual Dallas International Girls Cup 2014 Accepted Teams - Page 2 Empty Re: 4th annual Dallas International Girls Cup 2014 Accepted Teams

Post by Zizou 12/03/14, 10:02 am

I believe state cup starts about three weeks after this tournament. This tournament should showcase all the local talent.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

4th annual Dallas International Girls Cup 2014 Accepted Teams - Page 2 Empty Re: 4th annual Dallas International Girls Cup 2014 Accepted Teams

Post by Zizou 12/03/14, 10:07 am

Hey, just call up the eagles from southern cal and we will see you on the pitch. I bet their are plenty of teams looking for guest players. Lol

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 12/03/14, 10:24 am

4-3-3 wrote:
The only "opinion" I offered was that Texans appear to be making up their rules on a per team basis, and if they keep it up eventually they will diminish this tournament.

Welcome to the world of the haves and have-not's. It's not like this is the first time a club has made rules up on a case by case basis and it certainly won't be the last.

Unfortunately for you the club you chose to be a part of has little to no leverage in a situation like this...caveat emptor.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/14, 10:25 am

Zizou wrote:Hey, just call up the eagles from southern cal and we will see you on the pitch. I bet their are plenty of teams looking for guest players. Lol

Touche

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/14, 10:38 am

Gunners wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:
The only "opinion" I offered was that Texans appear to be making up their rules on a per team basis, and if they keep it up eventually they will diminish this tournament.

Welcome to the world of the haves and have-not's. It's not like this is the first time a club has made rules up on a case by case basis and it certainly won't be the last.

Unfortunately for you the club you chose to be a part of has little to no leverage in a situation like this...caveat emptor.

Dont disagree with you one bit. I fully expected Texans to change the rules again this year and keep kicks out...told multiple friends we need a back up tourney because texans will likely exclude us again this year...given how successful pulp was last year...its a no brainer. But dont piss on my leg and tell me it's raining...i.e. Pele's ridiculous claim this is all coming from Denver.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 12/03/14, 11:32 am

There is no ECNL JR designation this year for the U13 group in this tournament. That decision was made before the deadline.

4-3-3 wrote:
Gunners wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:

Dont disagree with you one bit. I fully expected Texans to change the rules again this year and keep kicks out...told multiple friends we need a back up tourney because texans will likely exclude us again this year...given how successful pulp was last year...its a no brainer. But dont piss on my leg and tell me it's raining...i.e. Pele's ridiculous claim this is all coming from Denver.
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 12/03/14, 11:55 am

I believe the host team does have influence. Hassan was instrumental in getting us in the tournament last year. The 'playing up' part was only offered as there was an opening and they did not want to kick any ECNL teams out of our age group - that seems to be reasonable as it's an ECNL tournament. I would imagine most of the local clubs would not have been happy with us playing in our age group either.

Guess what, you can't enter the ECNL national tournament if you aren't ECNL either. It stands to reason, as most tournaments do, they'd lean toward out of town/state/country teams prior to a nonECNL team. The easiest way to think of this is 'if it is ECNL, do not gripe if you aren't allowed to play'.

The one thing I do think played a part in our playing was the lure of our coach and players to join the host team. I can't think that wasn't a factor at all. Keeping in mind, there was a strong push for our entire team to switch clubs at that point from multiple sides.

We entered, were told we were 'in'. Later, the HQ in Colorado called and said we were out as we weren't ECNL. Then, Hassan got us back in as an older team.
I don't think that was precedent setting as people seem to mention on this, but, I do think there is some Texan or at least NTX influence in the tournament.

Kicks are top of the heap, no doubt, but, don't really have much of a leg to stand on in this one given the setup. Maybe a team is a last minute drop and they can enter - doubtful, but it could happen.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 12/03/14, 12:58 pm

clueless wrote:I believe the host team does have influence. Hassan was instrumental in getting us in the tournament last year. The 'playing up' part was only offered as there was an opening and they did not want to kick any ECNL teams out of our age group - that seems to be reasonable as it's an ECNL tournament. I would imagine most of the local clubs would not have been happy with us playing in our age group either.

Guess what, you can't enter the ECNL national tournament if you aren't ECNL either. It stands to reason, as most tournaments do, they'd lean toward out of town/state/country teams prior to a nonECNL team. The easiest way to think of this is 'if it is ECNL, do not gripe if you aren't allowed to play'.

The one thing I do think played a part in our playing was the lure of our coach and players to join the host team. I can't think that wasn't a factor at all. Keeping in mind, there was a strong push for our entire team to switch clubs at that point from multiple sides.

We entered, were told we were 'in'. Later, the HQ in Colorado called and said we were out as we weren't ECNL. Then, Hassan got us back in as an older team.
I don't think that was precedent setting as people seem to mention on this, but, I do think there is some Texan or at least NTX influence in the tournament.

Kicks are top of the heap, no doubt, but, don't really have much of a leg to stand on in this one given the setup. Maybe a team is a last minute drop and they can enter - doubtful, but it could happen.

How can this be an ECNL event? It's not listed by US Club Soccer or ECNL as an ECNL event.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 12/03/14, 01:12 pm

Tiger wrote:
clueless wrote:

How can this be an ECNL event? It's not listed by US Club Soccer or ECNL as an ECNL event.

Not sure, Dallas Cup isn't listed as a US Club Soccer tournament either and it's run as a US Club best practices tournament.

I think it's generally understood that the preference is toward ECNL teams. That's exactly what Hassan explained.

For the boys Dallas Cup, it's much more stringent, you have to earn your way in and hundreds of teams get pared down for acceptance (preference is always to out of state/country teams). Nothing new really. This isn't Disney where there is seemingly no limit and they make divisions as long as decent teams sign up.

Like any tournament - there is some level of paring down those that enter. Kicks are definitely competitive enough, but, fail in some other criterion obviously. Maybe the coach should look into joining the Texans next year prior to registering?
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 12/03/14, 01:18 pm

Tiger wrote:

It is not an ECNL event. Here is a list of in the U14 from 2013. Teams in Red are non-ECNL teams.

U14
Andromeda 99G (TX)
Bergdalens IK (Sweden)
Brighton Soccer Club (Australia)
Classics Elite 99G (TX)

Dallas Sting 99 ECNL (TX)
Dallas Texans 99 Girls North (TX)
Dallas Texans ECNL U14 (TX)
FC Dallas 99G Premier (TX)
GLSA/Libertyville FC 1974 (IL)
Liverpool 00 Girls Elite (TX)

Sockers FC Chicago Girls U14 ECNL (IL)
Solar Chelsea ECNL Soccer Club (TX)
Sting 99G (Prev Royal) (TX)
Texas Rush U14 ECNL (TX)
Tophat 17 Gold (GA)
TUSC Blitz-Thunder United 99 girls (OK)
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/14, 01:21 pm

Some ECNL teams attend, but this is not an ECNL event...anymore than Surf, Disney, Delco or Wags is an ECNL event. I think he meant to say it is an event hosted by an ECNL club, so expect the ecnl club host to give priority to the other ECNL clubs.

Personally I don't have a problem with whatever their criteria happens to be...just be consistent to your published rules whatever they are.

The field looks great...good luck to all the accepted teams.

It's great to have a top class tournament without having to travel clear across the country.

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 12/03/14, 01:39 pm

Well, given that list is for the division that was short of teams- I can say with confidence that, other than Sweden, Australia and Tophat - the teams were asked to play after the field was initially set (i.e. they wanted to get more teams for that age group).

Tophat is one of the top teams regardless of age in the nation. They are the premier club in Atlanta (people go there not ECNL if they seek the top team). Any tournament welcomes that club.

It's not quite Surfcup, but it's as close as anything on the girls side can get for our area. If it were at a different time - might persuade some Cali teams. The boys from every state/country flock to Dallas Cup, but, it's obviously not a fair comparison. This is the attempt to make it an equivalent event, which, it's getting there - won't ever be on par given the pre-professionals and clubs on the boys' side, but very good nonetheless.

clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 12/03/14, 02:53 pm

clueless wrote:Well, given that list is for the division that was short of teams- I can say with confidence that, other than Sweden, Australia and Tophat - the teams were asked to play after the field was initially set (i.e. they wanted to get more teams for that age group).

Here's you the full list of every age group from last year. Plenty of non-ECNL teams at very age level.

http://dallascup.demosphere.com/scripts/runisa.dll?M2.65824:gp::73550+Elements/Display+E+813231++46557944+++
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 12/03/14, 03:17 pm

Correct, and 16 teams per bracket. Again, I'd assume it was the same criteria as mentioned previously. I can only speak about my understanding for a single division from last year.

My guess is, in any of those divisions, if a team from a different country was a late add - they'd shameless self promotion a local team and it would likely not be an ECNL team if that's a candidate.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/14, 03:32 pm

So they want to be like a Surf Cup, which is chalk full of local Cali teams, But a team like Kicks can't in here locally, but Surf welcomes them with open arms... haha oh, well... Kicks will represent NTX well at FC Delco this year I'm sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 12/03/14, 03:41 pm

clueless wrote:Well, given that list is for the division that was short of teams- I can say with confidence that, other than Sweden, Australia and Tophat - the teams were asked to play after the field was initially set (i.e. they wanted to get more teams for that age group).

Tophat is one of the top teams regardless of age in the nation. They are the premier club in Atlanta (people go there not ECNL if they seek the top team). Any tournament welcomes that club.

It's not quite Surfcup, but it's as close as anything on the girls side can get for our area. If it were at a different time - might persuade some Cali teams.  The boys from every state/country flock to Dallas Cup, but, it's obviously not a fair comparison.  This is the attempt to make it an equivalent event, which, it's getting there - won't ever be on par given the pre-professionals and clubs on the boys' side, but very good nonetheless.

Plenty of good points.... Though not an ECNL Event in any form or fashion.... We do have Cali teams (Eagles) once again this year for this Tournament...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/14, 03:44 pm

Borussia wrote:So they want to be like a Surf Cup, which is chalk full of local Cali teams, But a team like Kicks can't in here locally, but Surf welcomes them with open arms... haha oh, well... Kicks will represent NTX well at FC Delco this year I'm sure.

Bo, to be fair to Texans, I just found out 1more is right & they actually have dropped this ecnl requirement...Kicks should be good to go next year...which should be interesting. I thought the rivalries would be dead after state cup 2014...unless texans change the rules again next year, sounds like a few more years left to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 12/03/14, 03:46 pm

Borussia wrote:So they want to be like a Surf Cup, which is chalk full of local Cali teams, But a team like Kicks can't in here locally, but Surf welcomes them with open arms... haha oh, well... Kicks will represent NTX well at FC Delco this year I'm sure.

Really no reason to complain. Texans advertised their FAll Classic as a qualifier for this Tournament. The Kicks or anyone else can enter and do well enough in the Fall Classic to play in this one...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 12/03/14, 04:15 pm

Wasn't the Fall Festival cancelled because bad weather? So if you couldn't win to qualify, how could you get an invite without requesting for it?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 12/03/14, 04:32 pm

Getting in without an invite is an interesting point. This is exactly where they want to be eventually - where it's such a premier pinnacle that teams are dying to get in (like Diz/Dcup/Surf - it's a big deal to even get in). California teams treat Surf Cup like we would treat a regional championship - it's a big deal just to get in.
As most know, a Texas team can get into Surf (even South Texas) over a 'not top 4-6 Cali team.
Having a tournament as a qualifier is a win-win for Texans (given it's the Fall Festival). After last year's turnout - I can understand why they'd drop the ECNL constraint. Wonder if it's just not a good time from a school standpoint or if it's just too new of a tournament?
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/03/14, 08:19 am

soccersounder wrote:

Really no reason to complain. Texans advertised their FAll Classic as a qualifier for this Tournament. The Kicks or anyone else can enter and do well enough in the Fall Classic to play in this one...

Bo sue, be sure to give us all the details on your experiences at the Delco. It will be interesting to hear your opinion on the tournament.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/03/14, 08:22 am

No problem Tom, I'll shoot you a text personally each score. Anytime buddy!  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/03/14, 08:37 am

Just make sure you copy and paste the correct scores. I can't wait,  Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad 

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/03/14, 08:40 am

Nah, I'll send you sideline pics. Philly area will be great weather that time of year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 13/03/14, 08:43 am

Nice, kicks is growing so fast they now have their own personal side line reporter. Razz Laughing 

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 13/03/14, 08:47 am

Texans won't risk local non-ECNL team winning DIGC. Bad enough Tophat won last year, but at least they're an out-of-state team with a stellar rep. So it doesn't hurt business at all. But you can't allow a local non-ECNL club the chance to build a rep on the back of your premier tourney. Not good for business. Sorry Kicks.
Feet may still be an option. Wink 
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next