North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Solid Coaches Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Solid Coaches

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Solid Coaches Empty Solid Coaches

Post by FowlerRules 09/03/14, 06:00 pm

Anyone want to shamelessly promote their kid's coach or former coach?  I'm wondering which coaches have teams in the 04 age group that are excellent at developing kids.  Specifically, any coaches with teams based in The Colony, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, or Allen areas would be helpful for me.

My daughter isn't a LH D1 player but I would obviously like to give her every opportunity at developing into that.  

I'm sure this may be a question a lot of parents are wondering, so please give us names for coaches anywhere in DFW!

Thanks
FowlerRules
FowlerRules
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Solid Coaches Empty Re: Solid Coaches

Post by lovesoccer 09/03/14, 08:18 pm

While my '04 dd isn't playing anymore I can say that Regean Angel with Sting North (practices out of Plano) is a great coach if you are looking for a coach to full develope your player. He teaches his players individual skills and tatical skills. He teaches them how to read the game and make quick adjustments.

Plus the parents & girls are wonderful.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Volpratt 10/03/14, 10:10 am

Coach Phil Thomas at AYSES is a fabulous skills developer! Not only good at teaching skills, but is a classy coach, no yelling and threatening that I see from coaches in other clubs! Our team grew very quickly, in recent months, and what he has done with them in a short time is outstanding! The girls really respond to him! He is also the Regional Director at Youth Elite Soccer (YES).

Volpratt
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/03/14, 12:12 pm

Edgar Perette, Dallas Kicks 04. Great coach, awesome with the girls. outstanding strength and conditioning coach.. so you get two for the price of one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manchester Soccer Club 11/03/14, 10:18 am

Bryan Anderson, Manchester Soccer Club in McKinney, TX. Really cares about the girls development and well being, both on and off the field. Bryan is currently coaching the 96G team (Lake Highlands Classic D3) and the 99B team (Plano D1) along with the 04G Academy Team. You can find out more about Bryan and the Manchester Soccer Club at www.mansc.com.
Manchester Soccer Club
Manchester Soccer Club
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.mansc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar 11/03/14, 11:31 am

There is a misconception that the way to get the best coaching is to join one of the top few teams and your daughter will develop into a top player.

Unfortunately, that is usually not the case. Most of the players on those top teams developed somewhere else before being asked to play with that team. Rarely does a coach of a top team need to develop players. Not when they can replace players with someone who can make an immediate impact.

In my experience you need to look at what the coach has accomplished with other teams. That is not a reference to which division the team plays in, but instead how that team progressed year over year.

Example:
Team makes DIII the first year
Team finishes top 2 in DIII and moves to DII second year
Team finishes top 5 of DII and gets promoted to DI when 5 teams leave for ECNL

By tracking a coach and team's progress over one age group you will be able to get a decent idea of how that them has grown and developed but if you go back and find other teams with the same coach you will be able to find a pattern. You will also see that several of the coaches who supposedly develop players will have teams in the same divisions year in and year out across several different age groups with no real progress. That might be a good indicator that the coach is not as strong at developing as one might suggest.

Last edited by Armanji on 11/03/14, 01:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oscar
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/03/14, 11:39 am

Armanji wrote:There is a misconception that the way to get the best coaching is to join one of the top few teams and your daughter will develop into a top player.  

Unfortunately, that is usually not the case.  Most of the players on those top teams developed somewhere else before being asked to play with that team. Rarely does a coach of a top team need to develop players.  Not when they can replace players with someone who can make an immediate impact.

In my experience you need to look at what the coach has accomplished with other teams.  That is not a referrence  to which division the team playes in, but instead how that team progressed year over year.  

Example:
Team makes DIII the first year
Team finishes top 2 in DIII and moves to DII second year
Team finishes top 5 of DII and gets promoted to DI when 5 teams leave for ECNL

By tracking a coach and team's progress over one age group you will be able to get a decent idea of how that theam has grown and developed but if you go back and find other teams with the same coach you will be able to find a pattern.  You will also see that several of the coaches who supposedly develop players will have teams in the same divisions year in and year out across several different age groups with no real progress.  That might be a good indicator that the coach is not as strong at developing as one might suggest.

How do you know if the coach has accomplished this via "developing" players vs. recruiting and roster churn?

You still need the eyeball test and word-of-mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar 11/03/14, 11:49 am

If you do not make it out to a game and watch how the coach's team performs, and instead your beleive everything you read on the internet then you deserve whichever coach you choose.

Oscar
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 11/03/14, 12:22 pm

Armanji wrote:If you do not make it out to a game and watch how the coach's team performs, and instead your beleive everything you read on the internet then you deserve whichever coach you choose.

Best post in this type of thread I think I've ever read.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/03/14, 12:36 pm

Armanji wrote:If you do not make it out to a game and watch how the coach's team performs, and instead your beleive everything you read on the internet then you deserve whichever coach you choose.
Ok, so you go and watch a game, AND YES EVERYONE SHOULD, but as was asked... you are watching a game.. how do you know if he developed them or recuited them.  What you are watching is a game... Games should be seen, but ill take a practice sessions over games.  How is instruction given, what instruction is given, demeanor with the players, etc... 

game are for fun and trying what has been taught in practice, which could have been done elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/03/14, 01:29 pm

This thread is absolutely hilarious! Solid Coaches, they all have their positives and negatives. Your DD is playing and enjoying her soccer, positive, your DD is sitting and your unhappy , negative.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/03/14, 01:31 pm

Plus, if your having to ask this board who is a solid coach you are in trouble. Get out and do your own research, homework.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/03/14, 01:34 pm

The other thing I figure is if someone is having to post the names of good coaches with the way the NTX soccer community talks then that coach needs to get busy.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar 11/03/14, 01:43 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will take bits and pieces of a conversation and try to turn it into an argument. It is usually those who feel that their coach or team has been slighted in some way and they have a chip on their shoulder. Please note my original post did not call out any team, coach, or club.
My OP indicated that the top few teams of an age group rarely have to develop players. (Please notice I used the word "rarely") If you do not understand what that word means please look it up.
BWG was simply playing devil's advocate. He did not forget my OP when he asked "How do you know if the coach has accomplished this via "developing" players vs. recruiting and roster churn?".
I am sure he actually read and comprehended that I mentioned "By tracking a coach and team's progress over one age group you will be able to get a decent idea of how that team has grown and developed but if you go back and find other teams with the same coach you will be able to find a pattern."
I gathered he was trying to indicate that research alone was not enough. I agree with him 100% and I responded tongue in cheek with "If you do not make it out to a game and watch how the coach's team performs, and instead your believe everything you read on the internet then you deserve whichever coach you choose."
I believe Borussia is not dumb enough to join a team through online research and/or showing up to watch a game. I personally feel he would allow his daughter to go to a practice before they made a decision. I do not understand why he needed to prove that point for the entire forum to read however maybe he felt others were dumb enough to join a team without going to a practice. Either way, Yes Borussia I agree before joining a team one should probably attend a practice. I just didn’t think I had to announce that, because I sort of felt it was common knowledge.

Oscar
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 11/03/14, 02:10 pm

You know that you will never get back the time that it took you write out this play-by-play, right?

FowlerRules dropped this grenade in the room for a reason.  Everyone just needs to walk away.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FowlerRules 11/03/14, 02:55 pm

I'm really looking forward to Zizou enlightening us even more with his posts. Judging by his pic, I imagine he's head butting a wall near his computer in an effort to come up with his next post...

Laughing 
FowlerRules
FowlerRules
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/03/14, 03:14 pm

Lol,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/03/14, 03:33 pm

Go see a team play. Watch HOW they play NOT just the results they get. Is that how you would like to see you DD learn to play? If so check out a practice and see how they are. Oh and did he develop them or recruit them? Who gives a $#!t. If he has the same roster with no kids coming in then you may want to reconsider (unless he is region locked) Either A. you have managed to discover greatness that nobody else in NTX has managed to see or B. its a close knit locked in roster closely guarded by unfriendly worried parents or protected by their mother hen coach and you will be the ultimate outsider. Good coaches don't have to recruit but parents can find their way too them. If there is not already a beaten path in that direction, there might be a good reason why
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/03/14, 03:38 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:You know that you will never get back the time that it took you write out this play-by-play, right?

FowlerRules dropped this grenade in the room for a reason.  Everyone just needs to walk away.

He comes to the board to gain its infinite coaching candidates wisdom, bailing himself out from his own ignorance. Get out from behind your key board and start doing your own research. It will be better for your DD in the long run. Darn, my head hurts! lol!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/03/14, 04:33 pm

Armanji wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how many people will take bits and pieces of a conversation and try to turn it into an argument.  It is usually those who feel that their coach or team has been slighted in some way and they have a chip on their shoulder.  Please note my original post did not call out any team, coach, or club.  
My OP indicated that the top few teams of an age group rarely have to develop players.  (Please notice I used the word "rarely")  If you do not understand what that word means please look it up.
BWG was simply playing devil's advocate.  He did not forget my OP when he asked "How do you know if the coach has accomplished this via "developing" players vs. recruiting and roster churn?".  
I am sure he actually read and comprehended that I mentioned "By tracking a coach and team's progress over one age group you will be able to get a decent idea of how that team has grown and developed but if you go back and find other teams with the same coach you will be able to find a pattern."
I gathered he was trying to indicate that research alone was not enough.  I agree with him 100% and I responded tongue in cheek with "If you do not make it out to a game and watch how the coach's team performs, and instead your believe everything you read on the internet then you deserve whichever coach you choose."
I believe Borussia is not dumb enough to join a team through online research and/or showing up to watch a game.  I personally feel he would allow his daughter to go to a practice before they made a decision.  I do not understand why he needed to prove that point for the entire forum to read however maybe he felt others were dumb enough to join a team without going to a practice.  Either way, Yes Borussia I agree before joining a team one should probably attend a practice.  I just didn’t think I had to announce that, because I sort of felt it was common knowledge.

If you truly are new to the forum then you assume to much. No one is dumb, but there are plenty of newbies and thise swayed by something as meaningless as FBR. Don't assume, the forum is for enlightenment, knowledge, humor, and A holes like me to pass the time! Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 11/03/14, 07:47 pm

I can say that CJ Goodman is a solid coach. My DD has progressed so much lately and she's very happy. Everyone has an opinion on who's a great coach, and that's my opinion. It took us going through some bad coaches to get there, but it was needed in order to find the right coach.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/03/14, 11:23 am

We talkin' about practice?!

Back to top Go down

Post by FowlerRules 12/03/14, 11:40 am

Not even a game!!

Wait a second....I think we're talking about practice and games.
FowlerRules
FowlerRules
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 12/03/14, 02:27 pm

You're looking at it wrong. First find good skills coaching. Put in 4-5 1 hour sessions each week either with him or not, (before or after practice or on days off or weekends). Always have your dd warm up with foot skills at home for 30 minutes before leaving for each team practice or game. During the summer find somewhere (camp/coach) where she can practice 2 times a day for 8 weeks. Repeat till she's in HS. Along the way find the best team that your dd can start for and that the coach is not an a-h. As she improves move her to a better team. At U15 its ok if the coach is an a-h. At 16 commit to college. Then sit back and enjoy her jr and sr yr in hs.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 12/03/14, 02:40 pm

DrSoccer wrote:You're looking at it wrong. First find good skills coaching. Put in 4-5 1 hour sessions each week either with him or not,  (before or after practice or on days off or weekends). Always have your dd warm up with foot skills at home for 30 minutes before leaving for each team practice or game. During the summer find somewhere (camp/coach) where she can practice 2 times a day for 8 weeks. Repeat till she's in HS. Along the way find the best team that your dd can start for and that the coach is not an a-h. As she improves move her to a better team. At U15 its ok if the coach is an a-h. At 16 commit to college. Then sit back and enjoy her jr and sr yr in hs.

What do you do with the other 2 weeks of summer?? And you didn't say anything about playing with 4 teams throughout the academy career. Also, why only 1-hour sessions with the skills coach?
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next