North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

D3 Final Standings - early predictions. Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

D3 Final Standings - early predictions.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D3 Final Standings - early predictions. Empty D3 Final Standings - early predictions.

Post by NTsoccerdad2013 13/03/14, 05:19 pm

With no games this weekend, and for the fun of it, I will throw my two-cents out, with my end of year final standings. I do think it will take more than 25 points to get through, but this division is so close, I am sure there will be a huge surprise. Will one of the bubble teams make a run to seal the deal...hard to say right now.

1. I think Thompson will win the division. Very solid play, consistent and had a nice lead on anyone who may try to catch this team. The Andro game will be the game of the year if things stay the way they are. Unless, there is a stumble some where, no one will catch this team.

2. Andro. The D1 pick-up at the break really improved this team. It was really coming on at the end of the fall, so it does not surprise me the improvement I have seen. I think Thompson will finish just ahead, because of the lead Andro had to overcome this spring.

3. Dallas Rush: This is a very solid, steady team that has really impressed me. The Thompson game is the toughest test remaining, but it still has three other worthy opponents to maneuver though. Of the other teams who could challenge, Rush has a lead at the beginning of the spring on everyone except Owen. I do believe Rush will take care of business.

4. Mustangs: Because of the lead in points from the fall, I think the Mustangs will earn enough points to get through. With the remaining schedule, and the lack of scoring, this team could get passed by a few teams that are currently behind it. If it collapses, and goes on a losing streak, it could possible finish 6th, but not likely.

The most exciting race, is who gets the last auto spot? I see three teams vying for this spot.

Owen: Owen has the most favorable schedule, has already played Andro and Thompson and will play its most important games back-to-back next. If this team can get through the FWFC and Dalglish games with no worse than a tie, I think this team will get the last spot. It had a points lead over FWFC and Dalgish, going into the spring, which is a big help.

Dalglish. If Owen does not get the last spot, I think Dalglish does. Only one point behind Owen at the start of the spring season, and has already played Thompson and FWFC, so its game with Owen will be a huge determining factor in who gets the last spot.

FWFC: Tougher schedule still ahead, did not gain any ground on Dalglish, so the Owen game, which is next on its schedule, is a must-win game. If the Owen game ends in a tie, that will be tough to overcome, which I do not think this team will. I predict a 7th place finish.

DFeeters: This team has already lost to one of the two weakest teams in the division. In its game against Premier, it had a player advantage, so that was not a fair contest. The Mustangs, in my opinion are not the team it was in the fall, so that win does not impress me either. The remaining schedule is formidible, and I think this team will struggle to find another win. I predict an 8th place finish.

NTsoccerdad2013
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

D3 Final Standings - early predictions. Empty Re: D3 Final Standings - early predictions.

Post by soccerman75 13/03/14, 07:53 pm

Wow, your predictions are interesting. Owens, Dalglish, FWFC ahead of Feet, no way. Thompson wins, Andro 2nd, free for all for last three but I see Feet, Mustangs, Rush rounding out top 5. Rush is solid, Feet had one terrible loss but that happens to 11 year olds but you just can't score a lot against them plus they beat Owen, tied Thompson in fall, Mustangs are sliding. Who knows what happens really, all of this is interesting for the purpose of fun, girls soccer is highly unpredictable at best.

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

D3 Final Standings - early predictions. Empty Re: D3 Final Standings - early predictions.

Post by soccerman75 13/03/14, 08:50 pm

Thompson, Andro, Rush, Mustangs, Feet. Order could change but IMO this is how it ends. I think there are opportunities for Thompson to stumble and open door for the other 4 but too much of a lead for that to very broad chance. Owen 6, Dalglish 7, FWFC 8.

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by okiedokie 14/03/14, 09:34 am

soccerman75 wrote:Wow, your predictions are interesting. Owens, Dalglish, FWFC ahead of Feet, no way.

Ok, Feet parent. Settle down. Should be no problems if the rest of the schedule has 8 players at every game.

It looks like Andro West found a kink in LP Thompson's armor beating them 3-2 in President Cup play last night. I think some coaches might want to head to Cedar Hill to do some scouting this weekend as Andro and LP Thompson will probably face off again in the Championship game.

okiedokie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joga14:55 14/03/14, 09:40 am

Andrómeda West is big and very fast. They are definitely capable of beating any d-3 in LHGCL. I think they just had a bad qt. From what saw they play a very direct style. Very physical and strong.
Joga14:55
Joga14:55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by voiceofreason 14/03/14, 09:58 am

I think Thompson wins it, Andro second, everything else up in the air for the remaining spots. I think these two teams are deeper than the next teams in the chase. Feet, Owen, Rush, Dalglish, etc. are good teams no doubt but these top two are stronger across the roster from what I have seen. Just my opinion of course.

voiceofreason
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/03/14, 11:00 am

Joga14:55 wrote:Andrómeda West is big and very fast.  They are definitely capable of beating any d-3  in LHGCL.   I think they just had a bad qt.  From what  saw they play a very direct style.  Very physical and strong.  

Ditto. The 35 yard thrown-ins aren't bad either. Good team.

Back to top Go down

Post by okiedokie 14/03/14, 04:01 pm

With the middle of the pack fighting for survival, someone is going to have to beat Thompson/Andro to stay.

Of course, if there are any suspensions for FWFC players this will not help their chance for survival either.

okiedokie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mommabear1 17/03/14, 02:25 pm

Andro West tops LP Thompson 1-0 in final at President's Cup.

Weather was awful with pouring rain on Sat, they finally called the 6:00 games at half time. Sunday was freezing with crazy wind. The kind of wind that would knock you over in your chair and then stop completely, then knock you down again when you got up to pick up your stuff! My DD was coughing all night after being in that mess over the weekend. Oh well..thats soccer!

Fields were pretty nice out in Cedar Hill.

mommabear1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamon 17/03/14, 07:08 pm

Andro west a good team with a great finisher who scored all their goals. If they can keep her from going to a D1 team they should have no issues qualifying and doing well next year. Congrats on the win.

dreamon
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazydadof3 01/04/14, 09:23 am

Things are starting to clear up. While it is still a 3 horse race for 1st, Thompson needs only 2 wins to secure 1st and they still play both the bottom teams, so unless they stumble, they are pretty good bet for 1st.

More interesting race is who gets the final bye. I think Rush is far enough ahead and will win some coming down stretch so they are in. I think Daglish and Owen are out. Both still in it mathematically, but schedules are tough for both.

So, for me, it comes down to FWFC and Feet for final spot. They both have similar schedules. I think Feet are better, and have already had some tough luck, so I will go with them for getting the final bye, with FWFC being the last team out.

Should be interesting month.

Crazydadof3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 01/04/14, 10:50 am

Crazydadof3 wrote:Things are starting to clear up. While it is still a 3 horse race for 1st, Thompson needs only 2 wins to secure 1st and they still play both the bottom teams, so unless they stumble, they are pretty good bet for 1st.

More interesting race is who gets the final bye. I think Rush is far enough ahead and will win some coming down stretch so they are in. I think Daglish and Owen are out. Both still in it mathematically, but schedules are tough for both.

So, for me, it comes down to FWFC and Feet for final spot. They both have similar schedules. I think Feet are better, and have already had some tough luck, so I will go with them for getting the final bye, with FWFC being the last team out.

I certainly hope that's how it ends. Feet is a good team and deserves a bye, UNLESS they end up using a club player pass to get that bye. If they do that, I hope they get their butts handed to them. I think if they were going to do that, though, they would have done it against Thompson, and they didn't. That showed class, and I hope they are rewarded for it.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemy02soccergrl 01/04/14, 01:00 pm

imasoccerfreak wrote:
Crazydadof3 wrote:Things are starting to clear up. While it is still a 3 horse race for 1st, Thompson needs only 2 wins to secure 1st and they still play both the bottom teams, so unless they stumble, they are pretty good bet for 1st.

I certainly hope that's how it ends. Feet is a good team and deserves a bye, UNLESS they end up using a club player pass to get that bye. If they do that, I hope they get their butts handed to them. I think if they were going to do that, though, they would have done it against Thompson, and they didn't. That showed class, and I hope they are rewarded for it.

I guess this weekend will settle it pretty much. Feet leads Dalglish by a point and they play this weekend. Should be a dogfight. Feet hasn't beat Dalglish in two years so I am sure they'll be doubly motivated but will be facing a team just as motivated to secure a bye. If you discount the game played between the two, their remaining schedules are pretty similar in strength of competitor. Owen has probably the toughest remaining schedule followed by FWFC.
lovemy02soccergrl
lovemy02soccergrl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbee 05/04/14, 02:09 pm

Andro D1 pick up? I'm the manager and not aware of a D1 pick up on our roster.....

soccerbee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi-dazzler 07/04/14, 03:57 pm

NTsoccerdad2013 wrote:With no games this weekend, and for the fun of it, I will throw my two-cents out, with my end of year final standings.  I do think it will take more than 25 points to get through, but this division is so close, I am sure there will be a huge surprise.  Will one of the bubble teams make a run to seal the deal...hard to say right now.

1.  I think Thompson will win the division.  Very solid play, consistent and had a nice lead on anyone who may try to catch this team.  The Andro game will be the game of the year if things stay the way they are.  Unless, there is a stumble some where, no one will catch this team.

2.  Andro.  The D1 pick-up at the break really improved this team.  It was really coming on at the end of the fall, so it does not surprise me the improvement I have seen.  I think Thompson will finish just ahead, because of the lead Andro had to overcome this spring.

3.  Dallas Rush:  This is a very solid, steady team that has really impressed me.  The Thompson game is the toughest test remaining, but it still has three other worthy opponents to maneuver though.  Of the other teams who could challenge, Rush has a lead at the beginning of the spring on everyone except Owen.  I do believe Rush will take care of business.

4.  Mustangs:  Because of the lead in points from the fall, I think the Mustangs will earn enough points to get through.  With the remaining schedule, and the lack of scoring, this team could get passed by a few teams that are currently behind it.  If it collapses, and goes on a losing streak, it could possible finish 6th, but not likely.

The most exciting race, is who gets the last auto spot?  I see three teams vying for this spot.

Owen:  Owen has the most favorable schedule, has already played Andro and Thompson and will play its most important games back-to-back next.  If this team can get through the FWFC and Dalglish games with no worse than a tie, I think this team will get the last spot.  It had a points lead over FWFC and Dalgish, going into the spring, which is a big help.

Dalglish.  If Owen does not get the last spot, I think Dalglish does.  Only one point behind Owen at the start of the spring season, and has already played Thompson and FWFC, so its game with Owen will be a huge determining factor in who gets the last spot.

FWFC:  Tougher schedule still ahead, did not gain any ground on Dalglish, so the Owen game, which is next on its schedule, is a must-win game.  If the Owen game ends in a tie, that will be tough to overcome, which I do not think this team will. I predict a 7th place finish.

DFeeters:  This team has already lost to one of the two weakest teams in the division.  In its game against Premier, it had a player advantage, so that was not a fair contest.  The Mustangs, in my opinion are not the team it was in the fall, so that win does not impress me either.  The remaining schedule is formidible, and I think this team will struggle to find another win.  I predict an 8th place finish.

How's this prediction looking now? Should be the deciding weekend for 3rd-6th spot this week?
Adi-dazzler
Adi-dazzler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTsoccerdad2013 08/04/14, 11:14 am

I am the one who started this thread, so I guess you are directing the question to me.

I agree, this weekend should answer most questions. It appears I clearly missed on prediction for Owen, and FWFC did make a run, but other than that, I was close. I will do a followup after the season is over. Still too many things could happen to say who finishes where. Any of the teams except for the bottom two, can beat anyone else.

NTsoccerdad2013
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazydadof3 08/04/14, 02:19 pm

2 meaningful games this weekend. A tie or better for Thompson gives them the lone D2 slot. A very interesting match. Andro is scoring more, should be a big test for Thompson. Even if Thompson loses, a win the following week against FC Prem gives them 1st place. Should be a war.

Maybe more interesting topic is who is the last team out. Mustangs with a tie or win over Daglish should be in and Dag almost certainly out. However, if they lose, and if Rush and FWFC win as expected, then Rush will have 29, FWFC 28, Mustangs 28, and Dag 26.

Under the above scenario, the last week would be huge: Daglish will have FCD Red, which if they win again, gives them 29. Rush plays feet, win or tie, they are in. FWFC has andro, and that will be a tough team to get a win or tie against when Andro will need a win to have any chance of winning the group.

So seems like a lot hinges on the Dag- Mustangs game this week. Next week becomes almost meaningless if Dag does not win this week.

Crazydadof3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02SuburbanSoccerDad 09/04/14, 09:34 am

In D-3 I think the teams will finish...
1. LP Thompson
2. Andro
3. Texans/Rush
4. Mustangs
5. FWFC

Andro has virtually no chance to catch LP even if they beat them this weekend. LP would still have a 1 point lead with only FC Premier left to play while Andro has another tough game with FWFC. If Andro would have played better early in the fall they probably would've ended up first..but that is why they all count. Will be very interested in seeing what happens in the game with LP this weekend even if it won't matter in the final standings. Andro can score, LP is VERY tough to score on and has timely offense. Fun game.

As for the 3-5 battle...It seems Texans should be safe with 1 relatively 'easy' game left and a 3 points in hand over Dalglish . And FWFC might be 'in' if they beat FCD East this weekend no matter what they do vs. Andro.

Mustangs & Dalglish both have tougher 2 game schedules--including playing each other as has been noted. I think Mustangs will find a way to hold onto one of the last 'bye' spots but it is no sure thing. They are also very tough to score on--but don't find the net themselves too often. Makes for tight games that usually swing on 1 play or set piece.

Interesting question I have been thinking about...if team byes from other divisions (D1) don't get used b/c of a variety of reasons (ECNL, etc.) does that mean 2nd/3rd teams who didn't get promoted (from D2 to D1 or D3 to D2) get promoted down the road? And therefore teams who didnt' get a bye (6th place) might move up?

If so it will get really crazy and every point does matter down the stretch!

02SuburbanSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lovemy02soccergrl 10/04/14, 11:00 am

I did find it interesting that earlier this week that Liverpool FCA posted a congratulatory message to Thompson for earning promotion to DII via twitter.  Let's hope the parade planning doesn't come back to haunt them.
lovemy02soccergrl
lovemy02soccergrl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeko2 10/04/14, 11:55 am

Interesting. I would hold off on the congratulations until it's all over. Though I think Thompson will go up to DII, you never know what can happen. My guess is Andromeda is playing to win and FC Premier could play a spoiler role. This division has been very hard to predict because the differences between the teams has been very small.

Zeko2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 10/04/14, 01:04 pm

That's funny about the text. Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt them. Basically all they need is a win or a tie this weekend and they advance.

The last two weeks should be interesting. Only LP Thompson and Andromeda have secured a place in LH's next year (either DII or DII). The odds are that Mustangs wont be bumped out but if they lose their final two and the teams below them all win then they could be bumped. It's always amazing to me how many different scenarios there are when it comes to end of the season results.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeko2 12/04/14, 04:03 pm

It looks like things are fairly settled with D3. Interested to see outcome of Andromeda/Thompson game, but with Dalglish losing to Mustangs, the top 5 teams are settled. Feel bad for both Dalglish and Defeeters, as both teams have played well and shown they can compete. The competition has been good and congrats to the top 5 teams.

Zeko2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 12/04/14, 05:41 pm

I had heard Andromeda Powers was good. Nope... kickball and dirty fouls.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbee 12/04/14, 05:53 pm

Andro-2. Liverpool -0

soccerbee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 12/04/14, 06:54 pm

Both teams played badly...very ugly soccer.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next