North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03 Thoughts.... Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

03 Thoughts....

Go down

03 Thoughts.... Empty 03 Thoughts....

Post by herradura 30/05/14, 08:38 am

Hi All,

Back from my 100hrs of community service and e-timeout...

So much to catch up on here!  My thoughts after reading the posts from the last couple of weeks. Lets stir it up a bit.

1. Mr. Solar and Good4nuthin officially have crushes on me. I love you boys - its OK - there is enough of Mama to go around...

2. Sting.. Where to start here. Every year, and multiple age groups they try and manipulate the system - do we even have to start naming off the offenses??? Why can't this club just let girls play soccer with their team? Lets not even get started on the stuff going on with their 99 D1 and ECNL team at the end of last season. My DD will NEVER be a part of this organization again. Seriously, the worst I have ever seen, or even heard of - I can not believe they let these cheats be around kids.

3. Coach and Ref - So if you ref the RASE vs Elite game and your DD plays well, will you give her back her medal you took from her in Colorado?  You know, the one you took from her in front of her team mates - that she "didn't deserve".  I would have tackled you if I would have been there and would have gladly served another 100hrs of community service. Get a life other than your DD, C&R.

4. Aces tournament - Will DeFeeters and Rush even field teams in the fall? This tournament was like the last hurrah for dying teams it seems.

5. June 1 - Get ready, next week is when your DDs spot gets taken.

See you around at all the open practices  Twisted Evil
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

03 Thoughts.... Empty Re: 03 Thoughts....

Post by Just Curious 30/05/14, 08:42 am

and away we go.................

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 30/05/14, 08:58 am

herradura wrote:Hi All,

So much to catch up on here!  My thoughts after reading the posts from the last couple of weeks. Lets stir it up a bit.

1. Mr. Solar and Good4nuthin officially have crushes on me. I love you boys - its OK - there is enough of Mama to go around...

2. Sting.. Where to start here. Every year, and multiple age groups they try and manipulate the system - do we even have to start naming off the offenses??? Why can't this club just let girls play soccer with their team? Lets not even get started on the stuff going on with their 99 D1 and ECNL team at the end of last season. My DD will NEVER be a part of this organization again. Seriously, the worst I have ever seen, or even heard of - I can not believe they let these cheats be around kids.

3. Coach and Ref - So if you ref the RASE vs Elite game and your DD plays well, will you give her back her medal you took from her in Colorado?  You know, the one you took from her in front of her team mates - that she "didn't deserve".  I would have tackled you if I would have been there and would have gladly served another 100hrs of community service. Get a life other than your DD, C&R.

4. Aces tournament - Will DeFeeters and Rush even field teams in the fall? This tournament was like the last hurrah for dying teams it seems.

I really hope #3 was tongue in cheek. That didn't really happen did it?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/05/14, 09:12 am

So they sobered you up? You seem a little soused still. Both defeeters and rush will be strong contenders in d2. I think further down the food chain is where you should be looking. Your hatred of sting is odd, sounds like you got cut...

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious 30/05/14, 09:17 am

What is up with FC Dallas Premier?

Will they still be around, or with the major exodus to Sting with JD, will they combine with FCD Red and have to give the Premier title to FCD Gold???

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 30/05/14, 09:27 am

silentparent wrote:So they sobered you up? You seem a little soused still. Both defeeters and rush will be strong contenders in d2. I think further down the food chain is where you should be looking. Your hatred of sting is odd, sounds like you got cut...

Community service does not mean I have to be sober SP....  Very Happy 

Rush and Feet may be strong D2 contenders, but the teams will be very different - did they even have enough players to play the final? Sounds to me like all of the teams in trouble got together and had a tournament to see what talent is available.

I don't play, my DD does - and no she did not get cut. Sting habitually participates in shady activity is the point of the rant - I want my DD nowhere near that...

And Sully - I am sure C&R will chime in sooner or later and give his dizzying logic on "why" and how he is "the special one" of all parents who think they are coaches and refs...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/05/14, 09:29 am

You are barking up the wrong tree. Both teams had kids to play, I just think pushing it into Memorial Day fouled things up. Both teams are going to be contenders to win d2.

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 30/05/14, 09:31 am

mmmmhmmm. Practices should be interesting next week...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 30/05/14, 10:01 am

herradura wrote:mmmmhmmm. Practices should be interesting next week...

I'd say the past few weeks have already been interesting enough. You know the players that have had to get releases this past month are pretty serious about finding a new team. In June you might get more window shoppers....just never know.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/05/14, 11:29 am

jsullivan81 wrote:

No, J. It didn't happen. In fact, I never got to hold the medal. LOL!
What is true, is that she was a non factor in all of the games for some reason. It was not her skill, but her attitude. She had a great time with all of the girls who were incredibly nice to her and accepting, but she just didn't show up mentally. That, unfortunately is the downside of her playing and personality right now. She is a perfectionist and if something goes wrong for her, in her eyes, climbing out of the hole is like quicksand for her. Most of the time she is incredibly motivated and soars, but other times, just gets down on herself. I wasn't even around her all weekend, but it was just one of those times for her. In the first 30secs of the first game, she tried to make a move that didn't work and it was game over from there for her. The rest of the team was awesome to watch, so it wasn't like a BIG piece of the winning was missing.

I agree that she she should have been a better sportsman when it came down to winning the final and receiving the medal, but being a perfectionist, she was so down on herself for thinking she didn't add any value to the team, in her opinion, that she acted poorly. That's the part that was unacceptable. Everyone has bad games, but everyone needs to show good sportsmanship and support their team.

If you know me and any of the teams I have coached, I have only two rules: HUSTLE and HAVE FUN. Everything flows from there.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 30/05/14, 11:54 am

Coach&Ref wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:

What is true, is that she was a non factor in all of the games for some reason. It was not her skill, but her attitude. She had a great time with all of the girls who were incredibly nice to her and accepting, but she just didn't show up mentally. That, unfortunately is the downside of her playing and personality right now. She is a perfectionist and if something goes wrong for her, in her eyes, climbing out of the hole is like quicksand for her. Most of the time she is incredibly motivated and soars, but other times, just gets down on herself. I wasn't even around her all weekend, but it was just one of those times for her. In the first 30secs of the first game, she tried to make a move that didn't work and it was game over from there for her. The rest of the team was awesome to watch, so it wasn't like a BIG piece of the winning was missing.

I agree that she she should have been a better sportsman when it came down to winning the final and receiving the medal, but being a perfectionist, she was so down on herself for thinking she didn't add any value to the team, in her opinion, that she acted poorly. That's the part that was unacceptable. Everyone has bad games, but everyone needs to show good sportsmanship and support their team.

If you know me and any of the teams I have coached, I have only two rules: HUSTLE and HAVE FUN. Everything flows from there.

It's tough to know your DD's capabilities and watch her struggle. There's no magic potion to fix this and sometimes parents fail at how to handle the push, motivate and love factors. CF, is this a new team for your DD? How can you have any expectations when being inserted into an existing team that's played together for a while. But, that's what we do, or should I say - that's what I have done in the past.

It's crappy to hear about these stories of parents treatment of their daughters. Yet, when you look in the mirror, the phrase, those without sin can cast the first stone. I bet at some point, everyone will need to drop the stone. And maybe we can all walk away at the point where it's the daughters chance to grow from failure.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 30/05/14, 12:09 pm

Lakedad wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:
jsullivan81 wrote:

It's tough to know your DD's capabilities and watch her struggle.  There's no magic potion to fix this and sometimes parents fail at how to handle the push, motivate and love factors.  CF, is this a new team for your DD?  How can you have any expectations when being inserted into an existing team that's played together for a while.  But, that's what we do, or should I say - that's what I have done in the past.

It's crappy to hear about these stories of parents treatment of their daughters.  Yet, when you look in the mirror, the phrase, those without sin can cast the first stone.  I bet at some point, everyone will need to drop the stone.  And maybe we can all walk away at the point where it's the daughters chance to grow from failure.  

Better Plan: Take the stone in your hand and smash the mirror.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/05/14, 12:18 pm

Lakedad wrote:

It's tough to know your DD's capabilities and watch her struggle.  There's no magic potion to fix this and sometimes parents fail at how to handle the push, motivate and love factors.  CF, is this a new team for your DD?  How can you have any expectations when being inserted into an existing team that's played together for a while.  But, that's what we do, or should I say - that's what I have done in the past.

It's crappy to hear about these stories of parents treatment of their daughters.  Yet, when you look in the mirror, the phrase, those without sin can cast the first stone.  I bet at some point, everyone will need to drop the stone.  And maybe we can all walk away at the point where it's the daughters chance to grow from failure.  

I guess you meant CR instead of CF, but the answer to your question is, "sort of". Yes, the girls have been together for a long time, but she has guested before with them in tourneys as well as practice with them for quite awhile. She comes straight from 2.5hrs of futsal and still has fun at practice (some days are better than others, especially when the growing pains like, knees, ankles, etc are bothering her). So, I don't know if that qualifies or not.

One of the HUGE reasons I stayed away from her all weekend was to allow her to get to know the girls and vice versa. I didn't want to have any contact with her in order to make her not look like some "mercenary", just being brought in to do a job and then bailing.

I just really don't understand Herradura's fascination with me and my daughter. Out of the hundreds of girls who play select soccer, many of whom are much better than my girl, are never discussed. Her tracking me is just creepy and weird. The drama she causes with FAR from accurate information, is just mind boggling. You know, even if ANY of the information was accurate, why even care what my girl and I do? I guess her motivation is probably something personal, trying to take inaccurate information and "poison the well" for anywhere my girl might want to go. She doesn't care about anything other than that and that could be her only motivation.

What she doesn't understand is that there are MANY ways to improve in the sport without even playing select.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 30/05/14, 03:48 pm

It is just too hard not to comment on in progress train wrecks... They don't happen often and they especially don't happen when the conductor is on a public forum giving others train driving advice and analysis DURING THE WRECK!!!

When you think about it - it is fascinating! Forum newsworthy for sure...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justme76 30/05/14, 05:22 pm

silentparent wrote:So they sobered you up? You seem a little soused still. Both defeeters and rush will be strong contenders in d2. I think further down the food chain is where you should be looking. Your hatred of sting is odd, sounds like you got cut...

I didn't get to see a Rush game.  I here they are solid.
I watched Defeeters play Sparta in the Aces tournament.   Defeeters have big strong players. Good team

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 01/06/14, 11:21 pm

Although I really, really want to chime in on this landmine filled thread, I'm going to refrain out of respect for my screen name.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down