North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsToday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORToday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineToday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEToday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal? Empty NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal?

Post by Joe scafone 30/06/14, 12:44 pm

What's the deal on this tournament? My gut says that this is just "advertised ploy" by North Texas and Plano to compete with King Tut and Puma Cup tournaments before LH QT. I might understand the U11s playing in this, but what are other teams doing?

We called, emailed the TD and no response. Anyone have an applied/accepted list?

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal? Empty Re: NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal?

Post by textigerfan 30/06/14, 01:11 pm

Money grab.
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal? Empty Re: NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal?

Post by Guest 30/06/14, 02:59 pm

textigerfan wrote:Money grab.

Probably correct, but I have questions. These are in no particular order.

1. Why is a non-profit organization (NTSSA) running a money grab? That's probably naive on my part, but I really don't understand it.

2. Who decided this was needed? I don't see the need. There has certainly been somewhere between zero and little noise requesting such a tournament.

3. King Tut, run by FC Dallas and Puma Cup run by Texas Lightning, I'm guessing those have been big money makers for those clubs. Why has the governing body decided to compete with individual clubs for money? In the interest of transparency, I'm not affiliated with either club.

4. This is not related specifically to this topic, but falls more under the question of transparency or lack there of. Statement, not a question.

I BELIEVE THAT ALL OFFICERS, EXECUTIVES, OFFICIALS, AND ADMINISTRATORS OF ANY KIND, IN EVERY LEAGUE AND OR ORGANIZATION (NTSSA, LH, PPL, APL, etc) SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO SHOW WHAT CLUB THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH.

I'd like to know who runs all this stuff. I'd like to know it at a glance. It seems to be a big secret, which again begs the question, why?

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieSheen's Brain 30/06/14, 04:38 pm

Pale Rider wrote:

4. This is not related specifically to this topic, but falls more under the question of transparency or lack there of. Statement, not a question.

I BELIEVE THAT ALL OFFICERS, EXECUTIVES, OFFICIALS, AND ADMINISTRATORS OF ANY KIND, IN EVERY LEAGUE AND OR ORGANIZATION (NTSSA, LH, PPL, APL, etc) SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO SHOW WHAT CLUB THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH.  

I'd like to know who runs all this stuff. I'd like to know it at a glance. It seems to be a big secret, which again begs the question, why?

Winning!
CharlieSheen's Brain
CharlieSheen's Brain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/14, 05:11 pm

I believe the current LHGCL president is with Texans.

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 01/07/14, 03:08 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
textigerfan wrote:Money grab.

3. King Tut, run by FC Dallas and Puma Cup run by Texas Lightning, I'm guessing those have been big money makers for those clubs. Why has the governing body decided to compete with individual clubs for money? In the interest of transparency, I'm not affiliated with either club.

why?

Not only individual clubs, but DUES-PAYING members of North Texas Soccer. Long-time dues-paying members at that. What governing body operates an event to compete directly with it's membership, especially those that have been supporting that governing body for a number of years.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 02/07/14, 09:23 am

I see the NTX Seeding Tournament as another option for teams who may be able to have more of their team available on the weekend of July 11 than July 18 especially with 04 families who have family vacations that were scheduled before they took the leap into select soccer.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellowski 02/07/14, 09:28 am

It will also help teams that played more than half of their games against 05 teams (Primetime Silver) to play against 04 opposition Smile

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 02/07/14, 09:38 am

Mellowski wrote:It will also help teams that played more than half of their games against 05 teams (Primetime Silver) to play against 04 opposition Smile

Of course, those teams could have selected from a multitude of tournaments in May and June to play against challenging 04 competition.

League Challenge Cup had some great 04 competition in all divisions.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 02/07/14, 10:25 am

It is strange that LH, Plano and Arlington are all holding these tournaments to use for "QT seeding." There has been no advanced notice about this being used prior to this. There is no "hosting" document on the NTX site.

Wouldn't you think that information would/should have been shared prior to this with teams seeking to qualify or re-qualify that essentially if they want better placement in the seeding tournaments they have to play in this tournament?

This sounds almost like hostage taking. So not only do teams have to go through the qualifying tournaments, they also have to go through pre-qualifying tournaments.

I think I have to agree, this is just another money maker - and a tool to use to create seeding without a lot of work. So if teams can't or won't be able to attend, will they go to the bottom of the barrel? Would this perhaps jeopardize teams who would normally be a top contender if they don't attend? What if players are injured during this tournament and can't play in the QT?

My inquiring mind now has a qualifying, err pre-qualifying headache.

Last edited by InaB on 02/07/14, 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added one sentence)
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 02/07/14, 10:35 am

How about 4 games each weekend both weekends before qualifying.  Then up to another 6 before Plano qualifying.  All in heat indexes that could easily exceed 100 degrees.  

Plus practices.

Will teams who don't participate in King Tut actually have the advantage of not needing to recover from the heat?

Conditioning is important.  Beating them down until they can't fully recover to perform doesn't benefit anyone.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by joe soccer 02/07/14, 02:01 pm

$600 bucks for a pre-qualifying tournament! Seems North Texas wants to cash in on rankings that the real qualifiers sort out anyway.

joe soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GO999 02/07/14, 02:11 pm

It would be nice to know who's playing in it
GO999
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AbEnd 02/07/14, 02:24 pm

I think bwgophers is leaving money on the table by not creating and hosting the official FBR tournament!

AbEnd
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellowski 02/07/14, 02:35 pm

the tournament is next week and there is no applied teams list anywhere.....

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by GO999 02/07/14, 03:29 pm

Will be interesting to see if any FCD or Lightning teams sign up for it. It seems like they are trying to take away from their tournaments the following week.
GO999
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccernovice04 08/07/14, 07:59 am

Still no Applied or Accepted teams list? I don't understand what the big secret is. Could it be due to the low participation in the event? King Tut participation is strong and seems to be on par with past years.

soccernovice04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 08/07/14, 08:54 am

You would think they would have advertised the heck out of it if it is to be used to seed teams. I have to wonder when they decided to do this? What are the rules around the outcome? Who is hosting, each league or NTX?

Man, this inquiring mind wants to know!

InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 08/07/14, 09:28 am

I just don't see how this tournament is going to end up making. I know why Puma is a viable option, it's on the south side of the metroplex so it's a good draw for teams out of Fort Worth, Arlington and other areas. I know why King Tut draws so well and that's because the fields are as good as anywhere else they can play plus there's plenty to do in between games out there in Frisco. I see absolutely no real value in this seeding tournament beyond the fact that it's a week earlier than Tut and Puma. I'm really curious as to who has entered this thing or if anyone has.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 08/07/14, 09:29 am

The deadline was yesterday, and required a certified roster, GotSoccer profiles, headshots, no guests/clubpass, etc. AND you were not allowed to register without all the pieces.

My gut tells me that by having all these requirements just a few days after signing (and a holiday weekend)...that everyone that was going to participate was scrambling to get their info from parents to register last night. Now they have to process all the applications and create the schedules/schedule the fields/schedule the refs/etc. in a day or so...eek!

10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SFFL5 08/07/14, 09:41 am

The deadline has been pushed back until tomorrow @ 6pm. Site states they are only taking U11 boys and girls teams. Seems to me they are having trouble getting U11 teams to register unless they are giving the teams time to meet requirements

SFFL5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 08/07/14, 09:49 am

The unknown is what is keeping teams away. I know of some teams that were planning on entering, but lack of perceived interest changed their mind and now they are playing Tut. Looks like this was an experiment gone bad. Good thing IMO. Why mess with something that has been successful over the years.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 08/07/14, 10:05 am

SFFL5 wrote:The deadline has been pushed back until tomorrow @ 6pm. Site states they are only taking U11 boys and girls teams. Seems to me they are having trouble getting U11 teams to register unless they are giving the teams time to meet requirements

So - July 9 sign-up deadline, with tournament starting July 11?  Shocked 

Is it possible that the tournament will start before the schedules come out?

But don't worry - the tournament runs until Tuesday, so plenty of time to get those games in!

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 08/07/14, 10:05 am

They could always "strong-arm" their way into this too...

By nature of their comment that this will be the "only" pre-qualifying tournament used for seeding the LHGCL QT, they could give the participants preferential seeding in the QT, (like putting Dalglish/RASE/LFS in the same group or something) which would essentially dribble all the teams to register next year for fear of a repeat cluster-f.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/07/14, 10:17 am

FWIW, this is what I've been able to come up with so far...

NTX Seeding Tournament - What's the deal? Tune-u12

Last edited by bwgophers on 08/07/14, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated FCD Central Info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next